** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brownlow 2011

Re: Brownlow 2011

You demonstrate your lack of insight to psychology there' date=' Whiz. Judd last year is the ONLY player I have observed who was [u']genuinely astonished he won.
LOL you are HILARIOUS. Stop trying to pretend you are some doctor of psychology and trying to weave it into your arguments. Not only does it have no relevance but your assessment is completely wrong. Adam Cooney was so sure he was no chance of winning he got pissed during the night, even in his speech you could tell he was shocked he had won it. Fill me in though on your expertise though as to why he was not surprised he won, i would love to hear that. Chris Judd looked a little surprised (as most Brownlow winners do!) but it was not as if he was in complete amazement. Add to that Chris Judd is the raging favourite to win this year and he says he thinks Murphy would be leading the poll! He is just being modest. Go back and look at the tapes though Dr Ashtee and observe all the mannerisms and facial movements again to see if there is any hidden meaning there :$

A pissed Adam Cooney the night he won the Brownlow says hi :ok He just gets the quick easy touches and is not very effective with his disposal.
As a Doggies supporter, Cooney was always a big chance. ;) Not really able to get involved in this, 'cause I just haven't seen the amount of games necessary...but your last comment there Max is a bit of an anti-Swan myth. I'll post some numbers on Tuesday (my next full day off)...and I'll be very surprised if over the course of the season Swan isn't ahead of Judd in most, if not all of the major stats. Prepared to backflip if the numbers say I should, obviously...but at this point I suspect that Swan is a victim of his own (and his team's) consistancy. He goes through a game, gets a possession every 3-4 minutes throughout the entire game...kicks the odd goal at random times...is never seen to do anything "special", simply because he generally doesn't have to. How often are the Pies in trouble?...ergo, how often does one have to stand up to be the hero? Carlton on the other hand, are in trouble in quite a few games...and Judd plays the part. Can get tagged out of the game for long stretches, but always manages to pop up when needed to kick that goal, to get that clearance, to lay that tackle... ...does that make him better than a man who does it all, all game every game?? I'd suggest not. Does it make him more important to his team? Yeah, possibly, but last time I looked the "Best and Fairest" award wasn't ever supposed to be weighted. [and, a couple of things just for the record...I laid on the couch for most of 2002 (ah, the good old days! :lol ) and got 16/1 on Black to win after rd. 20...(who steemed in to ~5's/6's on the day, just adding a bit to the 'favs being left hanging out to dry theory ;) ... ...I also gave up the following year when Adam Goodes mysteriously polled enough votes to win... ...which, rightly or wrongly, adds to the Dal Santo/Montagna theory of umps just seem to love certain players...often, seemingly with no ligitimate basis. On one hand, the umpires giving the votes is perfect...given (as you have both said), the most media people simply read the stats... ...in another very real way, it's the most flawed and easily corruptable system ever put in place. :ok

Re: Brownlow 2011 ...'cause there's still a little while before the game tonight, I had a small dig already. Collingwood have played 2 close games just about all season... Swan... ...v. Geelong; 4 clearances, 4 clangers, 67% eff, 12 contested, 5 I50's and 1.1 ...v. Syd; 8 clearances, 3 clangers, 61%, 16 contested, 6 I50's, 1.4 Judd...(in a couple of close games) ...v. Ess; 5 clearances, 3 clangers, 71% 12 contested, 4 I50's, 0.0 ...v. St. K; 6 clear, 3 clang, 59%, 11 CP, 3 I50's, 0.3. ...yet one is hailed as the game winning/saving hero, the other just plods along doing his job. :\

Re: Brownlow 2011 sometimes i really wonder if people watch football in here..:unsure TO compare judd and swans years last year , collingwood lost 3-4games for the season and swan was dominant in nearly all.. and carlton missed the 8.. if i recall. It was just the game where pies annihalated carlton by 10goals.. judd was horrific in the first quarter and got 3 votes, that shows the joke that the umpires are. brownlow is a absolute fix and a joke. in saying that Judd will win by about 20votes this year if he won it last year, where being a biased collingwood supporter here and watching all games closely swan was dominant in all our wins.. and this cheap possession crap.. swan is one of the hardest gut runners the game has seen .

As a Doggies supporter, Cooney was always a big chance. ;)
Yes, and having lost a prelim final just a couple of days earlier, there was a whole lot of difference between the demeanour of Cooney (loved it when he kissed Garry Ablett's nut :lol) and Judd sheepishly saying "I'll take it". Judd's disposal skills aren't that great, Simon black he ain't in that regard for sure! Of course, his pace and strength allows him to get free enough to dispose effectvely but if he ever lost half a yard i think he's struggle a whole lot more. Fill me in guys but from the other room last night after the game did I hear the commentators raving about the impact Judd had on the game last night :eek?! Everytime he plays this season the commentators put in a rave about him and how he's got the votes sewn up as though they are told to say it. Why is it so much of a surprise that I'm suspicious about what is going on here?

• 1 month later...