** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 13-19 June

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June

DOUBLE (Malisse' date= Anderson) @ 1.85 (Unibet) - LOSS ATP Eastbourne - Stepanek to beat Tsonga @ 3.55 (bwin) - WIN
Didn't have Anderson down as a tanker, disappointing performance from him. Luckily Tsonga followed suit. Stepanek's win brings me a modest profit for the week so I may leave it at that until Wimbledon now. We'll see. Nothing catches my eye for tomorrow, anyway. Best of luck to everyone who does get involved.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J-W. Tsonga vs R. Stepanek 1.5/5pts R. Stepanek to win - 17/8 with Boylesports
Nice profit there after Radek recorded a fairly comfortable win. Tsonga looked completely shattered and not very interested until the latter part of the 2nd set. Hopefully Schuettler will do the business when his match resumes tomorrow. Well done to all other winners :ok

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Petra Kvitova vs Agnieszka Radwanska home win -1.5 sets @ 3.05 with 10 bet Petra won against the Polish in 2009 2-0, in Linz, Austria. She looked good against Makarova, although she managed to beat her just on two tiebreaks. Against Sevastova in the first round had also problems but finally won easy 5-7, 6-1, 6-3. Radwanska won against Schiavone, a player that doesn't like grass and also Jarmila Gajdosova, 7-6, 7-5. Kvitova is with the value here, she really plays well and has that mental power that makes her pass easily on difficult moments.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Stosur vs Zvonareva pick: Stosur @ 2.00 with Ladbrokers Stosur simply plays great here, won easy against Jovanovski and Petrova. The first serve is at her best and also the returns. Zvonareva also played well, but against a Serena that was injured so many months is not a big performance. I pick Stosur as she also leads 6-2 in direct meetings.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Azarneka vs Bartoli pick: Azarenka -4 games @ 1.83 with Pinnacle Azarenka offered very good tennis, capable of beating anyone here, leads 6-0 in direct meetings with Bartoli and has a great first serve also. Bartoli plays also well but I will chose Azarenka for here exoerience and direct meeting results.

Petra Kvitova vs Agnieszka Radwanska home win -1.5 sets @ 3.05 with 10 bet Petra won against the Polish in 2009 2-0, in Linz, Austria. She looked good against Makarova, although she managed to beat her just on two tiebreaks. Against Sevastova in the first round had also problems but finally won easy 5-7, 6-1, 6-3. Radwanska won against Schiavone, a player that doesn't like grass and also Jarmila Gajdosova, 7-6, 7-5. Kvitova is with the value here, she really plays well and has that mental power that makes her pass easily on difficult moments.
Stosur vs Zvonareva pick: Stosur @ 2.00 with Ladbrokers Stosur simply plays great here, won easy against Jovanovski and Petrova. The first serve is at her best and also the returns. Zvonareva also played well, but against a Serena that was injured so many months is not a big performance. I pick Stosur as she also leads 6-2 in direct meetings.
Azarneka vs Bartoli pick: Azarenka -4 games @ 1.83 with Pinnacle Azarenka offered very good tennis, capable of beating anyone here, leads 6-0 in direct meetings with Bartoli and has a great first serve also. Bartoli plays also well but I will chose Azarenka for here exoerience and direct meeting results.
Can you please put all these tips in one post in future? It's easier for us to read them and doesn't clog up the thread. There's only three minutes between each of these posts. Cynics would argue you are just trying to boost your post count up ... ;)

Sport Tennis
Event Player To Win Aegon International
Selection Venus Williams
Strength 10/10
Date 18/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.25
Reasoning Who can win Aegon International? Venus Williams! In my opinion she is big favorite. In the next match she will play against Daniela Hantuchova. Williams leads 7-0 in head-to-head series! Semifinal - Agnieszka Radwanska or Petra Kvitova? I watched Venus Williams against Ana Ivanovic and she showed really fantastic tennis - great service: 1st Serve Percentage 63% (29/46) 1st Serve Points Won 83% (24/29) 2nd Serve Points Won 76% (13/17) Ana Ivanovic had only one break point. Venus Williams has great service but she plays fantastic in rallies. Who can beat Venus? Vera Zvonareva? Venus leads 7-1 in head-to-head series so I have to say that odd is very good for me!
OK pick, but IMO it´s better to bet Venus only in each match, because her aim is in Wimbledon. If you bet Venus today you can get [email protected], then against Radwanska or Kvitova [email protected] and on the final against Zvonareva it will be something like @1.80. So you can have total [email protected]. When you bet outright bets there is always a risk to player retire or to get injured! And before Grand Slam I really don´t want to bet Venus to take the title here. Besides she is not the player she used to be in few years ago and she has had many injuries during the last year. Like last year in Wimbledon she lost to Pironkova in QFinals. And her performance against Petkovic was not good at all! Anyway good luck to your bet!

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June One for me today ... - Ivan Dodig -3.5 games (v Teimuraz Gabashvili) @ 1.90 with 12bet.com small stakes A Russian and a Croat, in a 250 event, am I asking for trouble here?! Well, I hope not. I think Dodig has a very good chance of progressing past the erratic Russian in this one. I'm just never convinced by Gabashvili's mental state on court. He's noted for going completely walkabout and I think Dodig will frustrate him because he's pretty solid on serve. This has been Dodig's breakthrough year, he won in Zagreb, made the semis of Barcelona and has looked handy on all surfaces thus far. His game is suited to quicker conditions - he's a stocky player with a powerful serve and flat, heavy groundies. Gabashvili is not a great defender, and I don't think he'll be able to cope with Dodig if his attacking game comes to the fore. Small stakes again considering the event but Dodig, a form player, should be able to progress past someone who toiled to take out Marti in the last round.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Hi guys, 1 pick for the WTA Eastbourne: STOSUR TO DEFEAT ZVONAREVA @ 1.9 on stanjames Zvonareva is far from her best this year, and grass is probably her worst surface. Stosur with her big serve and big forehand has great game for the grass. 6:0 in the last 6 head-to-head matches for Stosur (6:2 in total to Stosur).

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Marinko Matosevic @$1.82 8/10 Chris Guccione has been lost for years, but it's recent form which counts right? Sure, how does losing to Schoorel and Bester sound? - both in his last 5 matches. Marinko Matosevic is a very very good young australian tennis player. He is consistant off both wins and will outclass the unconsistant guiccione. Matosevic is a good returner, and the only thing going for Chris is his serve. Once the ball is in play, expect Matosevic to take control. Chris could take a set if he serves very well (for example in a tie-breaker) but even in this instance Matosevic should get him in the stretch. Matosevic is 4-2 over his last 6 and has beaten Rufin, Bemelmans and Dev Varman in the process; all players that would beat Guccione.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June There is a rain break at s-Herogenboish, so I decided to look at line movements and I have found that Kimiko is the dog now in the Kimiko-Oprandi match. Yesterday it was the other way round, so I am taking advantage and I am going Date-Krumm (JPN) to bt Opandi (ITA) @2.110 Pinnacle Yes, Oprandi did beat Clijsters, but this match was very similar to wheelchair match. Neither player did move, and Clijster had her ankle injured, while Oprandi had her leg bandaged from thigh to ankle all over. When the ball landed 2 meters away, neither one was willing to run closer. Very funny to watch. Indeed. IMO Oprandi has no chance whatsoever against Kimiko, who set packing Maria Kirilenko in R1. Oprandi should also be emotionally drained after her biggest win in her career, and it is hard to imagine what should drive her further in this tournament. 40 yr old Kimiko is very tough player, and she will punish any inconsistency in Romina's play. GL :hope eeit: looks like the match is about to start, I thought rain delay will take longer, sorry

Date-Krumm (JPN) to bt Opandi (ITA) @2.110 Pinnacle LOSS
This match was not televised, but according to the scoreboard there was 11 breaks out of 22 (non-tie break) games. WTA in its best. I should not have touched that. BTW good shout on Vinci, Crack :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Janko Tipsarevic - Grigor Dimitrov
Selection Grigor Dimitrov
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 3.10
Reasoning Eastbourne ATP (GBR) - Grass, Quarter Final. In my opinion Grigor Dimitrov should be a favorite in this match. Janko Tipsarevic can feel tired because he played today match against Kukushkin. Grigor Dimitrov played yesterday and defeated very easy Kevin Anderson. Grigor Dimitrov looks fantastic here and I think that he can beat Janko. Grigor likes play on grass, he has very good service and he plays great in rallies so I see many break points for him. Dimitrov was serving on very high level in the last match: 1st Serve Percentage 55% (27/49) 1st Serve Points Won 85% (23/27) 2nd Serve Points Won 64% (14/22) Dimitrov's service is really hard to break so I don't see many break points for Tipsarevic. Dimitrov played yesterday so he feels very good. Tipsarevic can be tired. I see close match here so odd like 3,10 at centrebet is great option for me!

Yeah as Atko said this week could throw up some shocks and I've taken 3 slight dogs for tomorrow. May take a few handicaps as well when they're out. As for the handicaps, Stakhovsky lost today but Malisse and Azarenka have decent draws so I'm hopeful for those 2. Michael Berrer vs Santiago Giraldo- Giraldo to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Kei Nishikori vs Rainer Schuettler- Schuettler to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Vera Zvonareva vs Serena Williams- Williams to win- 5/4 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS
-3.60 for those 3 matches then. Very rare to see Schuettler win a 3 set match so feared the worst after the first set. Serena almost took it but that's the risk with the dogs sometimes. Still got Azarenka and Malisse on the outrights so hopefully they win today.

Only WTA for me on 4day 1) Dominika Cibulkova > Svetlana Kuznetsova. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) 2) Petra Kvitova > Agnieszka Radwanska. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) 3) Samantha Stosur > Vera Zvonareva. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (4/10) 4) Victoria Azarenka -3.5 v Marion Bartoli. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (6/10)
Very good day. Both Stosur and Kvitova made nice comebacks and won. Cibulkova is a double break up in the decider against Kuznetsova, that will be concluded tomorrow. Aza with yet another retirement. Think she will beat Bartoli's record anytime soon :rollin

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June How many hours until the draws come out for Wimbledon ? I read on the home page that it will be friday at 12 noon , now I went to the website and it said "Follow the draw live!" and below "Thursday, 16 June 2011" which is it ? thanks ..

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June I'll be taking one in tomorrow's action ... - Andreas Seppi (v Igor Kunitsyn) @ 1.71 with Betfair small stakes Big match for both of these players, as finals don't come round very often for them. I expect it to be a fairly scrappy semi-final but for me, Seppi's price is too big. He's been playing some nice tennis this week in Eastbourne. He's always been a tidy enough player but has mental blackouts - brain freezes, if you wish - that have probably stopped him kicking back into the top 30. Kunitsyn's much the same but at a lower level. The Russian has done well this week and posted an impressive win over Benneteau, but most of his tennis is played in Challengers these days. Always liable to throw in a shocker on serve and I think Seppi has more off the deck. The Italian has also been serving well, and that enforces his game, because his precise strokes allow him to dominate rallies against most ranked beneath him. It's worth noting that Seppi is on the comeback trail from injury and is desperate to get the points to climb the rankings. The same desire applies to Kunitsyn but Seppi's playing very well at present, and for me is a better player all over the court. I thought we'd be looking at mid 1.50s for Seppi, so I'm more than happy to play the Italian.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Kei Nishikori vs Janko Tipsarevic set betting 2-1 tipsarevic 11/4 skybet these two players are playing well at the moment and have done well to get this far but i think tipsarevic will win here Sam Stosur vs Marion Bartoli set betting 2-1 stosur 11/4 skybet 3 sets 5/4 skybet two players playing well on grass both are in form as well but i think stosur will be too tough to beat

Kei Nishikori vs Janko Tipsarevic set betting 2-1 tipsarevic 11/4 skybet these two players are playing well at the moment and have done well to get this far but i think tipsarevic will win here Sam Stosur vs Marion Bartoli set betting 2-1 stosur 11/4 skybet 3 sets 5/4 skybet two players playing well on grass both are in form as well but i think stosur will be too tough to beat
Is it just me or are your reasons for selections extremely vague and lacking substance / depth? You generally make the same tips followed by the same reasoning's. You select two evenly matched players and then select the player who's slight favorite with the bookmakers as the one to come out victorious over 3 sets. I don't know what the rule is on reasoning's to detail Atko but are you allowed to be vague and then provide that same vague reason for almost every further other tip you post? lol

Is it just me or are your reasons for selections extremely vague and lacking substance / depth? You generally make the same tips followed by the same reasoning's. You select two evenly matched players and then select the player who's slight favorite with the bookmakers as the one to come out victorious over 3 sets. I don't know what the rule is on reasoning's to detail Atko but are you allowed to be vague and then provide that same vague reason for almost every further other tip you post? lol
it is hard to think of different reasoning for each match can you please give me some tips on better reasoning for my selections because i dont want to select bets and dont explain why i selected them also i dont want to do similar reasoning for each selection

it is hard to think of different reasoning for each match can you give me some tips on better reasoning for my selections because i dont want to select bets and dont explain why i selected them also i dont to do similar reasoning for each selection
I don't know man, but there's got to be more depth to your thinking when making a selection than just "these two player's are evenly matches". Do you consider any other factors? The emotional toughness of each player? Form? Previous results on grass? Clutch play? (Ability to perform under pressure) Who the crowd is backing? Motivation / drive? Proneness to double faulting? Ability to deal with slice and topspin? Momentum from last match? Watching both in the last match? Ability to cope with the weather? (Wind?) There has to be more depth to your thinking when picking 2 sets to 1 for stosur and tipsarevic; unless its PURE instinct, which in that case you should just say.

Very good day. Both Stosur and Kvitova made nice comebacks and won. Cibulkova is a double break up in the decider against Kuznetsova' date=' that will be concluded tomorrow. Aza with yet another retirement. Think she will beat Bartoli's record anytime soon :rollin[/quote'] You seem to be in touch with the Women's game bro, how do you see tomorrow's matches go? Bartoli seems under priced against Stosur considering her much more impressive record on grass? Stosur was very eratic today.

I don't know man, but there's got to be more depth to your thinking when making a selection than just "these two player's are evenly matches". Do you consider any other factors? The emotional toughness of each player? Form? Previous results on grass? Clutch play? (Ability to perform under pressure) Who the crowd is backing? Motivation / drive? Proneness to double faulting? Ability to deal with slice and topspin? Momentum from last match? Watching both in the last match? Ability to cope with the weather? (Wind?) There has to be more depth to your thinking when picking 2 sets to 1 for stosur and tipsarevic; unless its PURE instinct, which in that case you should just say.
More importantly how does ones game compare to the other and how does the influence your pick.