** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 13-19 June

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June

Dimitrov vs Anderson - ATP Eastbourne - Anderson 2-0 - 5/6 - Paddy Power - Strength 8/10 - Moderate stakes

Come off it! Dimitrov is not taking a set of big Kevin, especially not with the form he's been in this season, Kevin Anderson has shown he can match it with the big boys and one of the main assets in helping him do this has been his serve. As we know a good serve on grass is much more prevalent based on the fact the ball skids faster of the surface once making contact, Roddick and co's success vouches for that. Anderson is also reasonably equipped in terms of his other all round game and deals with pressure better than his opponent, Dimitrov who, whilst possessing a bit of talent and a big serve himself isn't as accomplished a match player. Dimitrov lacks defensive attributes to his game and is renownd for gifting points away cheaply on his own serve. All it takes is two unforced errors and 0-30 before Anderson unleashes on a few second serves, pressures on, we have a deuce game and Anderson sneaks a break. I don't see Dimitrov impacting on Anderson's serve that much so that means two easy sets.

Venus Williams vs Anna Ivanovic - WTA Premier Eastbourne - Venus Williams Total Games Over 12.5 - Evens - Paddy Power - Moderate stakes - Strength 7.5/10

I certainly don't see this being plain sailing for the Williams sister, she, yesterday, although having shown a much better display as opposed to her sister, Serena, is still rusty. Ivanovic as we know can beat anyone on her day, her last few matches have shown her to be playing a tiny bit closer to how she was 2-3 years ago. She is more than capable of sneaking a set here or even taking the match. Whichever the case, she won't be winning or losing in straights and if she does lose in straights, you'd expect her to atleast force Venus to the one 7-5 or tie breaker. Venus won't find this easy and I see a tough 2 or 3 setter for her here, reminiscent to her yesterday's match.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Tsonga vs Stepanek away +1.5 sets @ 1.90 with betway Tsonga plays great on grass but he will certainly look forward to Wimbledon and maybe he needs some rest. That should be a blade with two cutting edges as I believe he will slow down a little here. The last matches were not like a walk in the park for him, so maybe ...

Venus Williams vs Anna Ivanovic - WTA Premier Eastbourne - Venus Williams Total Games Over 12.5 - Evens - Paddy Power - Moderate stakes - Strength 7.5/10

I certainly don't see this being plain sailing for the Williams sister, she, yesterday, although having shown a much better display as opposed to her sister, Serena, is still rusty. Ivanovic as we know can beat anyone on her day, her last few matches have shown her to be playing a tiny bit closer to how she was 2-3 years ago. She is more than capable of sneaking a set here or even taking the match. Whichever the case, she won't be winning or losing in straights and if she does lose in straights, you'd expect her to atleast force Venus to the one 7-5 or tie breaker. Venus won't find this easy and I see a tough 2 or 3 setter for her here, reminiscent to her yesterday's match.

Awful tip. :lol Ivaonovic is still a shadow of her former self, sorry to any followers.

Rochus vs Berlocq away +1.5 Sets @ 2.23 with sbobet Rochus eliminated Hewitt as this one got retired. Bt he played very well. Berlocq eliminated Dolgopolov and had also a great game. This match here will be very disputed and Berlocq will put problems to Rochus.
I haven't seen enough of Rochus but Berlocq is not a very good player on grass, and I think the "T" word may have been the order of the day for Mr Dolgopolov ;)

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June WTA Eastbourne Hantuchova (SVK) vs Li-Na (CHN): Hantuchova @2,720 Pinnacle Li-Na did not play last week after FO final, and in R1 she won over Tamira Paszek 75 64 in her 1st match on grass this year, but her game was not really convincing. She is also know to not take the smaller non-slam tournaments too seriously. The Slovakian, on the other hand, is konwn for her hunger for victory. She did play last week in Birmingham final. In her game against Zheng in R1 (64 64), she has made 6 aces, and her serve game was quite fine. H2H is 2-2. I would prefer bigger odds, after all Li-Na was in all this year's slam finals, and she did win one, but IMO Hantuchova should be slight fav because of the attitude, so I am taking it as it is.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June The mixture of emotions that I went through in the Williams match are indescribable. Really thought she would have taken it after that first set but really should have layed her after the second. 2 points from a win though is a touch frustrating especially given the price I was on her at. Not sure if anyone agrees with me but I secretly fancy her next week now. She'll have 5/6 days off now, and without match practice she's almost beat Zvonareva. If Serena's fitness was just a notch higher, no doubts she would have had that one. Amazing match though really, good to watch, wish Williams could have taken it though. Hopefully Schuettler pulls through though and ensures profit for the day.

You don't know who'll win but you still choose a winner in 3 ?
i know i should have been more clearer with my reasoning in saying that i think a certain player would win even though the match would be close i will try and add more more reasoning in my bets

Sport Tennis
Event Roberta Vinci - Yanina Wickmayer
Selection Roberta Vinci
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.10
Reasoning s-Hertogenbosch WTA Int'l (NED) - Grass, Quarter Final. I see very close match here so odd like 3.10 at bwin is very good for me. Robert Vinci is in good shape and in my opinion she can beat Yanina. Roberta won very easy two matches 2-0. Wickmayer had big problems in the last match against Arantxa Parra Santonja. The match was very close. Wickmayer won first set after tie-break, lost second 6-7 and won third 7-5. They played many games, three sets so Yanina feels tired. I'm sure that it will be difficult match for her. Wickmayer leads 2-0 in head-to-head series but she is without big shape and I see many chances for Roberta.

Sport Tennis
Event Xavier Malisse - Alex Bogomolov Jr.
Selection Alex Bogomolov Jr.
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning s-Hertogenbosch ATP (NED) - Grass, Quarter Final. Maybe Xavier Malisse should be a favorite in this match but odds for Alex Bogomolov Jr. 's win are too high in my opinion and I see value here. I think that Alex Bogomolov Jr. can win this match. He plays very good on grass - defeated Jeremy Chardy in three sets and Filippo Volandri 2-0. He has nice service. Alex Bogomolov Jr. was serving very good against Volandri: 1st Serve Percentage 66% (39/59) 1st Serve Points Won 74% (29/39) 2nd Serve Points Won 70% (14/20) I have to say that first and second service look fantastic so Alex Bogomolov Jr. can't lose too many service games against Xavier Malisse. Malisse played against Jesse Huta Galung and had problems with service. Jesse Huta Galung had more break points - 8 but Xavier saved 7. Xavier's second service is not dangerous so I see many chances here. Odd is fantastic and I take it.

Sport Tennis
Event Roberta Vinci - Yanina Wickmayer
Selection Roberta Vinci
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.10
Reasoning s-Hertogenbosch WTA Int'l (NED) - Grass, Quarter Final. I see very close match here so odd like 3.10 at bwin is very good for me. Robert Vinci is in good shape and in my opinion she can beat Yanina. Roberta won very easy two matches 2-0. Wickmayer had big problems in the last match against Arantxa Parra Santonja. The match was very close. Wickmayer won first set after tie-break, lost second 6-7 and won third 7-5. They played many games, three sets so Yanina feels tired. I'm sure that it will be difficult match for her. Wickmayer leads 2-0 in head-to-head series but she is without big shape and I see many chances for Roberta.
You did not see that match, did you? The reason the match did not end in two sets was that Yanina did accidentally hit the ball into her left eye while trying to return Parra's serve. There was a medical time, and Yanina was pretty much in bad shape for a while and lost the second set. She managed to recover a bit in the third, however. I am not saying that your bet is bad, I myself consider to make a shot at Vinci, but it all depends on whether Yanina's left eye will be OK tomorrow or not.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June unlucky with Ward SYMIL, as i feared Ward struggled to come out firing and against quality opposition at this level you can't do that. Great shout on Stepanek as well guys, it was always a case of WHEN to fade Tsonga not if and I saw quotes up to 3.60 well played :clap

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Unicef Open Hertogenbosch 2011, Roberta Vinci has been showing splendid tennis here. 6-4 and 6-2 with Polona Herco; 6-2 and 6-1 with Alexandra Dulgheru. After hardly beeing beaten by Lucic in Birmingham, 6-7, 7-6, 5-7 she developed her best here. 84% points won freom first serve, 56 with the second, 56% points won from return. Wickmayer won easily against Brianti with 6-4, 6-0, but had yesterday a hard game against Arantxa Parra - Santonja 7-6, 6-7, 7-5. 69% points eraned by first serve, 56% with the second, 43% from returning. I think that the odds are too juicy for avoidfing them. Vinci must win here. Vinci vs Wickmayer home win @ 2.92 Pinnacle

Sport Tennis
Event Victoria Azarenka - Marion Bartoli
Selection Marion Bartoli
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.25
Reasoning Eastbourne WTA Premier (GBR) - Grass, Quarter Final. Victoria Azarenka is a favorite in this match but in my opinion she is without big shape - she had problems against Shuai Peng. The last match Viki played against Elena Baltacha - first set won very easy but in second she had problems and won after tie-break. Azarenka had big problems with her second service - in the last match she won only 5/16 points (second service)! Baltacha is not great player - you know that. Marion Bartoli likes play on grass - she played in Wimbledon final! She can play great on this surface and I see many break points for her. In my opinion it will be very close match and Bartoli will win. Marion is in great shape so she can beat Victoria.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Jelena simply is great. She was in the semis at Wimbledon before she got injured. She was great before that injury and now is looking good as she got back in the circuit. Jelena won against Penetta in 2 sets, and also in 2 sets against Kudryavtseva 6-0, 6-4. She had an average of 72% points with the first serve, 48% with second serve, 43% from returning. Larsson eliminated Marino 7-5, 7-5 and also Flipkens 6-2, 5-7, 6-4. Won 63% of the points from first serve, 58% from second and 45% from retunring. I think Jelena can in in 2 sets with no problem. Dokic vs Larsson home -1.5 sets AH @ 2.78 with Sbobet

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Venus Williams vs Hantuchova home -1.5 AH sets @ 1.91 with Ladbrokers Venus was a killing machine today against Ana Ivanovic. Won 6-3, 6-2, 83% of the points from her first service, 76% with second one. 41% from returning. Hantuchova won 64% in the first serve, 35% with second and 51% from returning. Venus to win here, first good beat to Hantuchova since long time!

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Dodig looks great here and can finish Gabashvilli in 2 sets. He served 5aces versus 1 in the first set. He has 72% points earned with first serve, 55% with second, 48% from returning. Gabashviolli has almost same percentage but against much more weaker opponent. Gabashvilli vs Dodig pick: away -1.5 AH @ 1.88 with 188 bet

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Never liked Malisse playing. He although won yesterday against Galung and had 80% of the points wonfrom the first serve. Bogomolov had a tough game against Volandri, won 74% with first serve, 70% second one, 42% from returning. Home win here, the odds are too juicy! Bogomolov vs Malisse home win @ 5.65 with pinnacle

Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwanska - Petra Kvitova
Selection Agnieszka Radwanska -5.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00
Reasoning Eastbourne WTA Premier (GBR) - Grass, Quarter Final. Agnieszka Radwanska is my favorite in this match and in my opinion she can beat Petra very easy. Kvitova leads 1-0 in head-to-head series but they played on hardcourt two years ago. Agnieszka Radwanska is in very good shape, she plays fantastic on grass. Agnieszka defeated Francesca Schiavone in the last match 6-3 6-2. She was serving very nice: 1st Serve Percentage 62% (38/61) 1st Serve Points Won 66% (25/38) 2nd Serve Points Won 74% (17/23) Schiavone had 4 break points but Radwanska saved all. First and second service look very good. Petra Kvitova played difficult match against Makarova - won in two sets but after two tie-breaks. She can feel tired. Agnieszka plays great on grass and I think that she can beat Kvitova easy. Handicap -5.5 is nice option.

Sport Tennis
Event Player To Win Aegon International
Selection Venus Williams
Strength 10/10
Date 18/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.25
Reasoning Who can win Aegon International? Venus Williams! In my opinion she is big favorite. In the next match she will play against Daniela Hantuchova. Williams leads 7-0 in head-to-head series! Semifinal - Agnieszka Radwanska or Petra Kvitova? I watched Venus Williams against Ana Ivanovic and she showed really fantastic tennis - great service: 1st Serve Percentage 63% (29/46) 1st Serve Points Won 83% (24/29) 2nd Serve Points Won 76% (13/17) Ana Ivanovic had only one break point. Venus Williams has great service but she plays fantastic in rallies. Who can beat Venus? Vera Zvonareva? Venus leads 7-1 in head-to-head series so I have to say that odd is very good for me!

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Only WTA for me on 4day 1) Dominika Cibulkova > Svetlana Kuznetsova. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Odds are dropping on Cibulkova and I can see where that is coming from. She has to be rated a favorite in this match. Don't think Kuznetsova has got the proper motivation these days at lesser tournamants. She's ups and downs all the time and played typical 3-setter against Errani yesterday. Cibulkova has beaten Kuzy 3 straight times, including a 6-3, 6-2 win this year on clay in Madrid, that's the fast one. Dominika has crushed her opening two oponents and I reckon she will get more chances to break than Kuznetsova and with Sveta playing careless tennis Cibulkova has every chances to make semies. 2) Petra Kvitova > Agnieszka Radwanska. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Have to take Kvitova at this price, simply have to. There obvious match-up problems for Radwanska in this match. She ir vulnerable against ball bashers and big hitters. She can force a lot of errors and there definitely will be tons of unforced errors from Kvitova which is always the case but if she gets in the rhythm there's absolutely no chance for Aga. She's gonna be hit off the court. It will be really all about what Kvitova does. They only time they played Radwanska won just five games against the Czech number one. That was on indoor hard in Linz couple years ago. Radwanska managed to hold just twice in that match and was broken six times. This match really is Kvitova's to lose. It might take her three sets to get over the finish line but really fancy her to do the job. 3) Samantha Stosur > Vera Zvonareva. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Have been taking Sam in this fixture for the past three times and has never lost. Stosur owns Zvonareva big time having won the last six matches against the Russian number one. Zvonareva last beat her in 2004 Wimbledon. Stosur did not know how to play singles at the time :D. Seriously, the match-up is straight forward for Stosur, just hit the ball as hard as you possibly can and hope there won't be enough returns. Despite the fact that Vera plays pretty much the same, she struggles against Stosur who does not have a backhand but serve and forehand does the job. And now it's becoming a mental issue as well for Zvonareva. Beating Serena is no big deal coz Williams was very poor in both of her matches. Stosur will be completely different level. 4) Victoria Azarenka -3.5 v Marion Bartoli. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Like to play Azarenka against Bartoli a lot. Vika has perfect 6-0 record against Marion with one retirement (surprise, surprise) for Bartoli in their last match. The only time Aza did not cover this line in all six matches was last year in Stanford. She lost the first, the result back then was 3-6, 6-3, 6-3. Bartoli was on fire and played prolly the best set in her career against top level player. She was 6-3, 3-1 up and then collapsed. Azarenka knows very well how to play, in fact everybody knows, the thing is that not everybody is doing it. Bartoli should be moved across the court. She can't cover it all the time and that is where this match will be lost for her.