** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 13-19 June

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June

Is it just me or are your reasons for selections extremely vague and lacking substance / depth? You generally make the same tips followed by the same reasoning's. You select two evenly matched players and then select the player who's slight favorite with the bookmakers as the one to come out victorious over 3 sets. I don't know what the rule is on reasoning's to detail Atko but are you allowed to be vague and then provide that same vague reason for almost every further other tip you post? lol
They are vague, and they do look a bit pithy and uninformed, but his are by no means the only posts like that. All we ask for is a bit of reasoning, and if the reasoning is shite, more often than not people won't follow the bet. There's an argument trotted out that it's all about the winning bet, not the reasoning. Well, my argument would be that winning bets tend to stem from good reasoning. As irritating as other posts can be, best to just ignore them if they aren't to your fancy, and concentrate on your own or those of others you value.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Haha, I was so pissed off in the second day so didnt even bother watching the third! Tricky draw for Murray....with possible Cilic in the 3rd and Gasquet/Wawrinka in the 4th....the latter 2 are the type of player to take Andy down in a slam. Well Gasquet should have done it a couple of times in the past, Stan of course did at the US and could have done him at Wimby before aswell.

Haha, I was so pissed off in the second day so didnt even bother watching the third! Tricky draw for Murray....with possible Cilic in the 3rd and Gasquet/Wawrinka in the 4th....the latter 2 are the type of player to take Andy down in a slam. Well Gasquet should have done it a couple of times in the past, Stan of course did at the US and could have done him at Wimby before aswell.
Murray to win his quarter should prize some good odds.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June J. Tipsarevic vs K. Nishikori 2pts J. Tipsarevic (-3.5 games) to beat K. Nishikori - 21/20 with Coral I looked at the semi finals markets last night and wasn't going to get involved but, after checking back today, i think this bet is worth a small play at a price i think is a bit bigger than it should be. I have been really impressed with Janko lately - well all year infact. He has found a bit of consistency in his game (in terms of grinding out wins) and that has had a major part to play in him getting to this career high ranking of 30 in the world. He has a great chance of picking up his first career title at this event and i can't see him missing that opportunity to be honest. His ability to mix his game up was there for all to see at Queen's against Murray and this week he has been playing the pressure points really well, espescially in that Ward match where it would have been easy for him to crack. Nishikori has also recorded some impressive wins this week but in that last match against Stepanek he was put under pressure when serving and i can see it being the same story here. Yes, he played the points well overall but to give Stepanek 11 break points is a bit worrying, espescially when Tipsarevic is a similar player in the way that he will not let you get into a rhythm. His serve has always looked a bit dodgy to me and gives his opponent a chance to go at it often enough. Also, the majority of the times he has come up against the top 32 players he hasn't been able to find that extra level yet in order to compete consistenty against them. I can see this being a good match but Tipsarevic's form this year means i can't see past him coming through it. These 2 have played 3 times previously and all have come this year with the Serb winning each one. This line would have been covered in 2 of those games and hopefully it will be the same story today.

Kei Nishikori vs Janko Tipsarevic set betting 2-1 tipsarevic 11/4 skybet these two players are playing well at the moment and have done well to get this far but i think tipsarevic will win here Sam Stosur vs Marion Bartoli set betting 2-1 stosur 11/4 skybet 3 sets 5/4 skybet two players playing well on grass both are in form as well but i think stosur will be too tough to beat
i hope i manage to get the stosur bartoli match right iam quite confident the match will be close i hope someone follows my selections even for the poor reasoning

J. Tipsarevic vs K. Nishikori 2pts J. Tipsarevic (-3.5 games) to beat K. Nishikori - 21/20 with Coral I looked at the semi finals markets last night and wasn't going to get involved but, after checking back today, i think this bet is worth a small play at a price i think is a bit bigger than it should be. I have been really impressed with Janko lately - well all year infact. He has found a bit of consistency in his game (in terms of grinding out wins) and that has had a major part to play in him getting to this career high ranking of 30 in the world. He has a great chance of picking up his first career title at this event and i can't see him missing that opportunity to be honest. His ability to mix his game up was there for all to see at Queen's against Murray and this week he has been playing the pressure points really well, espescially in that Ward match where it would have been easy for him to crack. Nishikori has also recorded some impressive wins this week but in that last match against Stepanek he was put under pressure when serving and i can see it being the same story here. Yes, he played the points well overall but to give Stepanek 11 break points is a bit worrying, espescially when Tipsarevic is a similar player in the way that he will not let you get into a rhythm. His serve has always looked a bit dodgy to me and gives his opponent a chance to go at it often enough. Also, the majority of the times he has come up against the top 32 players he hasn't been able to find that extra level yet in order to compete consistenty against them. I can see this being a good match but Tipsarevic's form this year means i can't see past him coming through it. These 2 have played 3 times previously and all have come this year with the Serb winning each one. This line would have been covered in 2 of those games and hopefully it will be the same story today.
Comfortabe win for Tipsarevic brings this bet in so +2.28 for the week now. Can't wait for next week.....