** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 13-19 June

As always, there a couple of tournaments ahead of the Slam. The men and the women are at the same place this week. The Williams sisters both make their comeback to the Tour at Eastbourne, while Tsonga and Dolgopolov are the main attractions for the men on the grass. There's also a mixed event at s'Hertogenbosch, although the fields are slightly less glamorous there. Again, it's another grass event. Milan is your place if you like a Challenger ... Fingers crossed the weather doesn't spoil the week.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June I'll add two into tomorrow's mix ... - Radek Stepanek -5 games AH (v Colin Fleming) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle medium stakes I was pretty amazed to see Fleming in the main draw and I think he'll very much have his work cut out against Stepanek in this one. Fleming is a doubles player. Decent enough server and will forage to the net, but I really fear for him in rallies. His singles career is non-descript and I rate him lower than Stepanek in almost every department. Stepanek found his feet well on grass last week, beating Soeda and Ljubicic and taking a set from Nadal. Should have a chance to go deep into this event. Considering Fleming's pedigree in singles events, I think Stepanek should have his number. Once he breaks the Scot down, it should be curtains. Stepanek to do this easily for me. - Under 21 games AH (Grigor Dimitrov v Dan Evans) @ 1.98 with Pinnacle medium/small stakes Feel like I'm picking on the Brits here! Don't think Evans has got it in him to do a Ward this week. Dimitrov's been playing on the main Tour for quite some time now and should relish this step down in class. Evans is a Challenger player at best and hasn't got enough weapons to seriously trouble the Bulgarian. Feel Dimitrov can be exposed by better players with power but that's not really the case with Evans. The unders holds more juice than the handicap and with the gulf in class, I'd expect this to be over in under 21 games.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June I've taken 3 outrights this week, I'll post the actual bets without reasoning because my laptop is f*cked at the minute so I'll edit this post and do my write-ups on them tomorrow, but in case anyone wants to follow them, I'll say what they are now anyway as the market may close by the time I finish explaining all 3. Xavier Malisse to win Hertogenbosch- 5/1- (2/10)- E/W 1/2- 1,2 Even happier I've taken Malisse now given what's happened this morning. In his half of the draw, both Mannarino and Almagro have been beaten, leaving just Chardy in his half but the Frenchman has had a shocking season and lost to Sela over in Nottingham last week so not convinced Chardy will do too much this week. I didn't expect Almagro to do too much either this week either given what happened in Paris and due to grass not being a great surface for the Spaniard. But no Mannarino is a boost as I thought he would be the semi opponent for Malisse if both players got there. The Belgian's route now looks a really appealing one and there's nobody in his half that he won't feel he can beat with relative ease. His possible route is Falla, Reister, perhaps Chardy or Mello in the quarters but who ever wins that mini section is anyones guess and then in the semi, I'd probably have him down to face Mahut now if he is fit after Mannarino's defeat. He leads the H2H over Falla and Resiter, beating them both on grass in the past. Chardy beat him in their only meeting but given Chardy's form I wouldn't fancy him to beat Malisse this week if he does indeed play him. Then if Mahut gets to the semis, he picked up an injury last week at Queen's so if he gets to the semis, no guarantees about his fitness there so again I'd pick Malisse to battle through that one. That leaves the final against perhaps Baghdatis or Dodig. Not entirely sure about that bottom half of the draw. If it is one of those two players though, Dodig's serve wasn't great last week in Halle, and without his serve working perfectly, that takes out a considerable threat of his game. As far as Baggy is concerned, he had a poor clay season, and if he manages to put a run together, my guess is he will be shattered by the final so I'd definitely fancy Malisse there. Just really like Malisse's draw this week, and given how he played against Murray last week after the rain interval, I'd back him to beat anyone in this draw. He made the semis here last year and I'm backing him to go one better, and hopefully take the title. Segiy Stakhovsky to win Eastbourne- 22/1- (0.5/10)- E/W 1/2- 1,2 Victoria Azarenka to win Eastbourne- 6/1- (2/10)- E/W 1/2- 1,2 Sorry again that it looks a bit stupid, will definitely do the write-ups in the morning.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June ATP Eastbourne - Garcia-Lopez -3 vs. Devvarman @ 1.91 (Pinnacle) Garcia-Lopez ought to record a comfortable victory here. Court coverage is Devvarman's greatest asset but he doesn't move well on grass so his results have been poor on this surface (2-9 career record). The Indian's currently on a rotten six match losing streak so confidence must be low. His serve lacks bite, and tends to get exploited on faster courts. GGL's season has been pretty mediocre but he's one of the few Spaniards who enjoys the grass court swing. Seems to love Eastbourne - runner-up last season and a semi-finalist the year before. His compact, no nonsense groundies are compatible with the low bounce so he'll be able to make plenty of headway attacking that flimsy serve. Should be able to expose his opponent's suspect movement by maneuvering him around the court with his own well-rounded grass court game. Devvarman was the victor the last time these two met in Belgrade (that was his last victory, in fact!) but I expect Garcia-Lopez to exact his revenge in reasonably serene fashion.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Sport Tennis Event Tsonga - Murray Selection Tsonga Strength 10/10 Date 13/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 4.00 Reasoning I see big value in this odds. Tsonga beat in QF Nadal in three sets with odds on 3.00-3.50 level, today I can take 4.00 against Murray? Too high odds.. Tsonga play very good tournament here, destroy Zverev, beat Nadal and Llodra, beat home player Ward. Serve is on the highest level. I see Murray match against big server Tipsarevic and Andy have problems. In SF beat Roddick without any problems, but Roddick look really bad. Tsonga in 3 ---------- Sport Tennis Event Copil - Schuettler Selection Copil Strength 10/10 Date 13/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 4.50 Reasoning I see great value in odds on Marius Copil. Both players are seeded in Q for Eastbourne tournament, Schuettler with nr 1, Copil with nr 6. Schuettler off course have more experience on grass surface, big results in past, but Copil is not poor player. Gave good serve and can hit strong balls from forehand side. I trust for this guy. In first match in Q against Golding, Marius made 20 aces. Schuettler is favourite here, any doubts in this, but I can't back Schuettler with 1.18, sorry, but no. ------- Sport Tennis Event Volandri - Mello Selection Volandri Strength 10/10 Date 13/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.90 Reasoning In my opinion Volandri can win in this match. Both really experience players on the court. Volandri in this moment is 4 position higher than Mello in ATP ranking. Both players are typicall claycourters, both without good result and experience on grass. Volandi have career balance on grass 1-6, Mello 7-12, but making wins only in Q for tournaments. Volandi is value option

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Hi guys, 1 pick for the ATP Eastbourne tournament: DIMITROV TO DEFEAT EVANS BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.55 on unibet Dimitrov (a.k.a. young Federer) has great game for grass - big serve, slice backhand and huge forehand. He is a junior Wimbledon champion. Should be an easy win for him against local wild card Evans who has his best results on slower surfaces.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Almagro vs Berrer home -1.5 sets @ 2.10 with Unibet Almagro is a great tennis player on clay. On grass he will play only at Wimbledon. I do not expect him to be weak. He has a great serve and he can use it a lot here. Berrer is pretty good on grass, but in Queens lost against Tsonga and won hardly against Ryan Harrison. Almagro should win here quick.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Maria Kirilenko vs K.K. Date home -1.5 sets @ Sbobet with 2.11 Maria has the value in this match. She is great in last period while Date is having some bad, bad results, maybe she will end hers career soon. Last 5 matches were all 0-2. Maria has a great first serve and will look to end this match quick.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Schuettler vs Copil away win @ 4.00 with >BoyleSports Marius here is with the value. He is young and very good, he will be much better than Hanescu (at least Hanescu). He played very good, eliminating Golding and Cox without many problems. He has 20 years old and has a killer serve winning 80% of the points serving first time with Golding. Schuettler is 35 years old, but he will have a real hard battle here. My bet is that Marius will win here.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Sorana Carstea vs Keothavong away win @ 2.50 with >PaddyPower I will lay Sorana here as she cannot pas the English player here. Keothavong has a great first serve winning in average like 65%. Sorana has also a good first serve but she has probloems in returning. Keothavong playing in front of their fans at Eastbourne will be unbeatable here by Sorana.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Penetta vs Bondarenko home -1.5 sets @ 2.60 with Sportingbet Flavia here with the value. She leads 3-0 in direct meetings with 2-0 in each one of these 3 wins. She had an awful season so far with just 1 win in last 6 matches. Alona is not in his best here, lost the major part of the matches with 0-2. Logic bet here.

Adrian Ungur vs Delic home @ 4.70 with bwin The Romanian is one of the best tennis players we have right now and I cannot see him eliminated by Dedic here, a player that is almost 100 ATP places beneath him. Ungur has a great first serve and will put a great pressure on his opponent. No way to have such a big difference here. 82% points from first serve for Ungur and 54% of the returns, he looks solid this season and will pass over Delic.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Ana Tatishvili vs Sania Mirza home win @ 3.13 with >Boylesports Ana here has a great opportunity to pass over her opponent. She plays really good and she started the grass tournaments before the Indian player. She won against Webley-Smith quiet easy with 71% points won from first serve and 47% from returning. Sania had jut 65% points won from first derve and 40% wins from returns. I think Ana can win here.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Gabashvili (-2.5) - Kravchuk 1.85@triobet! 6/10! Two russians collide today. Konstantin played just 3 ATP event, really can't see him getting any result today. The only thing vories that the Gaba is in bad shape at the moment. He is that kind a player that can win and lose to anybody, like Almagro who's on my blacklist. This is first official tourney for both players, i don't like to get in the matches like theese when the two guys from the same country meets. let's hope for the best, and the handy is a joke, i mean ... the bet still can win if Gaba losses, he's capable of one good set 6:2 or even 6:1, let's hope for the best :hope Radek stepanek (-5) - Colin Fleming 1.72@triobet! 7/10! You've got to be kidding me?! Stepanek is a class above the brit. he showed what he capable of vs Nadal in set #2, when he was 4:1 down and won that set 7:5. By all means Stepanek is a huge fav today. and he should be at -6 i think. the result of 6:3 6:4 looks great to comeback our money. But i ust think that Stepanek will overcome today Fleming easily. :hope

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June ATP Eastbourne - Benneteau -2.5 vs. Sweeting @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) Wouldn't trust Benneteau to cover this on any other surface but he's much more dependable on grass. Beat Brands and then lost to Llodra last week in London, recording an impressive 76% first serve percentage in both of those matches. Sweeting shows few signs of improving his traditionally poor form on grass; managed to get a win over Evans at the Nottingham Challenger a couple of weeks back but has lost to Muller and Ljubicic since then. I watched his match against the Croat at Queen's and he showed signs of heart in a close first set but seemed completely bereft of confidence after losing it on a tiebreak. Envisage this contest taking a similar trajectory. If the Frenchman repeats that percentage he'll dominate on serve. As the more experienced grass court player, he'll use the backhand slice to cause his tall opponent plenty of problems with the low-bouncing ball. Wouldn't be surprised to see the American getting disheartened if he falls behind. Feel this handicap looks a game or two too low so I'm backing Benneteau to cover it.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Looks like after losing in R2 at FO, Clijsters keeps her bad shape in s-Hertogenbosch as well. She won 75 64 only thanks to Niculescu being totally brainless - Monika served to win 1st set, but went 0-40 and eventually lost the game and set. Kim made tons of forehand unforced, and she really does not have any chances even against Kimiko Date-Krumm. Not to speak about Pennetta, Vinci or Wickmayer. I am going to martingal Kim to lose all tournament long. She is #1 seed, so the odds on her opponents should be fine. edit: of course, Clijsters won 75 75 against Niculescu, not 75 64. Sorry

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June

- Radek Stepanek -5 games AH (v Colin Fleming) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle medium stakes PUSH - Under 21 games AH (Grigor Dimitrov v Dan Evans) @ 1.98 with Pinnacle medium/small stakes LOSS
Both bets had chances to win but in the end both were too risky. Some very odd results today, this week appears one to treat with caution.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Rebecca Marino vs Johanna Larsson home -1.5 sets @ 2.47 with 188bet Marino is already playing on grass and with some good results: won in Birmingham against South 6-4; 6-1 and 6-1 6-2 with Fujiwara. She was elimin ated by Iovanovic in 2 sets. Larsson has first match on grass this season and I think wil be hard for her to do something. She comes from Denmark where she played on hard surface. My bet is that Marino will win 2-0.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June DOUBLE: Malisse tb. Falla (1.35) X Haase tb Zverev (1.35) = 1.8225 @triobet! 6/10! After yesterdays bad day decided to go on favs today with this double. The tournaments before Wimbledon. There's nothing really to talk about this one. :unsure Russel to beat Giraldo 2.17@triobet! 6/10! Well, well, well, didn't expect this. Giraldo simply is a claycourter, and we all saw what Michael did vs Tipsy, Tipsy who's in great shape at the moment. of course he lost that match but just in two tie-breaks. Russle is so underrated always he playing and i sometimes agree with it, but this time the odd and Giraldo's first official match on grass leaves me no other option than to pick Michael here :hope

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Julia Goerges vs Ana Ivanovic home win @ 2.40 with Centrebet Goerges looks great for taking at this price and is not at all a gambling here. She looks better on grass. I have seen Ivanovic 2 matches on grass and she is not playing well at all. Goerges played very good on clay, won the Sttuttgart championship and reached in semis in Madrid. She is more precise than Ivanovic. The Serb was defeated by Hantuchova and I see a clear defeat also here.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Starkhovski vs Schuettler pick: Schuettler @ 2.20 with Ladbrokers Rainer is very determined in this period. He eliminated Copil (which we back yesterday) and plays really well. He has a great serve and great speed on grass. I would have clearly be backing Starkhovski on clay, but here I simply cannot do that. Besides, Shuettler leads 2-0 in the meeting between these two.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June WTA s-Hertogenbosh R16 Clijsters (BEL) vs Oprandi (ITA): Oprandi @7,510 Pinnacle Now this is the first bet of the (potential) martingaling serie aimed to get profit from Kim's loss. As I mentioned ealier, Kim is in horrible form, and no way she will win this tournament. Odds against her should be nice all tournament long because she is #1 seed. So let's start today with Oprandi, who played quite nice in R1 against Akgul Amanmurad (64 63), especially on serve, where she did not expose a single breakpoint. I am not saying this bet is guaranteed to come through, but 7,510 must not be missed in this strategy.

Re: Tennis - 13-19 June Romina Oprandi vs Kim Clijsters home +1.5 AH sets @ 3.00 with Sbobet Romina is in great form on grass and also usually plays great on this surface. Has already 5 wins on this srface and 2 defeats. Except the win with O'Brien, the rest 4 were in 2 sets. Clijsters won hard with Niculescu, but here will have trouble. She might end up eliminated. Will see ... The idea is that a good form like Oprandi, from a player that is not at all weak on grass, must be taken with a minimum risk.

S. Williams vs T. Pironkova home -1.5 sets @ 1.70 with SBOBet Serena has already 7 matches on grass and all were wins for her. So she is very in form. Pironkova has just 2 wins in last 10 matches and all the defeats were in 2 sets. Logic bet IMO.
Sorry, but Serena has not played since last years´s Wimbledon! She has had a foot injury and has been in surgery! So nobody knows what´s her real form just now. Pironkova has been down in a while, but was in semis last year in Wimbledon and is a capable player. Serena can win this 2-0 or loose 0-2, because one really don´t know her condition! IMO @1.70 has not value at all. Anyway good luck to your bet!

ATP Eastbourne - Garcia-Lopez -3 vs. Devvarman @ 1.91 (Pinnacle) - LOSS ATP Eastbourne - Benneteau -2.5 vs. Sweeting @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) - WIN ATP Eastbourne - Kunitsyn to beat Andujar @ 1.76 (bwin) - WIN
Straight sets victories for Benneteau and Kunitsyn (tip from last week's thread). Marked the other one down as a loss since it's almost impossible for Garcia-Lopez to cover the handicap from 3-6, 3-5 down. I notice Almagro lived up to his nickname yesterday as well. Taken three bets today, with none of those pesky Spaniards involved. Definitely gonna be wary of backing any more from now until they get the hell off the grass... ATP 's-Hertogenbosch - Haider-Maurer to beat Dodig @ 2.95 (Pinnacle) Haider-Maurer is a head case. Overcame Kavcic on Sunday in an absolutely turgid contest. Kept trying, and failing, to smash his racquet on the grass when things turned against him which was completely hilarious. Anyway, he actually served pretty well in that encounter and made good use of the chip and charge either side of his predictable mental checkout in the middle of the match. As spectacles go, Dodig's win over Hanescu wasn't much better. The Croat wasn't convincing, but played the big points well, saving all seven break points he faced. We've already seen a few of the higher ranked players here put in half-arsed performances and the fourth seed may just be eyeing a few days off ahead of Wimbledon having also played in Halle last week. The H2H makes for interesting reading, with the crazy Austrian leading 2-1 including a victory in SW19 qualies two years ago. Provided he serves like he did in the first round, and barring a mental breakdown, he'll at least keep this close, and I believe that if push comes to shove he'll want the victory a little more. Good chance of an upset here for me. Attractive price. ATP 's-Hertogenbosch - Malisse -3.5 vs. Falla @ 1.83 (Pinnacle) Malisse looked sharp last week. Could have defeated soon-to-be champ Murray at Queen's had he not run out of steam towards the end of their match. Has semi-final points to defend from his exertions here last year. Beat Falla in three sets during that run to the semis but I think he's in for a more straightforward challenge on this occasion. The Colombian was at the peak of his powers back then and went on to almost stun Federer at Wimbledon. Reached the quarters of the French Open recently but doesn't seem to have carried that form onto the grass. He lost to world number 167 Zemlja in Nottingham last week and had to come from a set down to defeat Navarro in qualies here. Malisse has the key attributes of a great grass court player - fast serve, big forehand and a vicious slice backhand. Those weapons were fully on show in London last week and if the Belgian brings out the heavy artillery again I expect him to get the job done comfortably. ATP Eastbourne - Anderson vs. Slabinsky - Under 20 games @ 1.88 (Pinnacle) This should be plain sailing for the big Saffer. Slabinsky's out of his depth. He's basically only been playing Futures events this year. Reasonable experience on grass and battled valiantly through the qualifiers to get here but could be in for a pasting. Anderson's just enjoyed a productive week at Queen's having claimed the scalp of Karlovic. Seems to be developing his game on this surface and will be looking to continue that ahead of Wimbledon. Covered this line against Young in London last week and I feel he'll be ruthless enough to do so again today.