** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - June 6-12

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs James Ward over 20.5 games 10/11 skybet set betting 2-1 tsonga 4/1 skybet he had a great win over nadal and i would say he would be too good for ward but the thing about tsonga is that can go walkabout when he is a set up so i think it will be close

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

Lisicki played very well this tournament, showed a good constant and now looks to beat Peng. Peng looked bad in this tournament, had problems with Erakovici, with Watson and with Broady, winning in last 2 games at tie break. Lisicki won everything and grown from match to match. Lisicki vs Peng home @1.90 with Centrebet
nice one for that tip mate :) ended up very easy brilliant day in all and i cant wait for the final tomorrow it should be a bloody good game. but i can still see murray pulling through it as hes a bit too clever for power of tsonga. will defo be looking at murray 2-0 as i can see him kind of pissing tsonga off with the variation and spins he puts on the ball.

Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs James Ward over 20.5 games 10/11 skybet set betting 2-1 tsonga 4/1 skybet he had a great win over nadal and i would say he would be too good for ward but the thing about tsonga is that can go walkabout when he is a set up so i think it will be close
my first win of the week i know i was a bit late with the post but i hope somebody followed it i wish i did the overs bet as well as the set betting because i would have won instead lose with the set betting one but i did not have enough time

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 P. Kohlschreiber -1.5 games vs P. Petzschner 10/11 Paddy Power Kohli has been in superb form so far in Halle taking out three class players, Dolgopolov, Hewitt and Monfils, all in straight sets and all without even facing a break point never mind getting broken. His confidence is obviously high and being so comfortable on serve should give him an edge against Petzschner who was broken four times against Berdych and wasn't convincing in getting through to the final. Also Kohlschreiber has a winning head to head record of 2-1 and is generally a class above his compatriot.

Petra Martic +4.5 games vs Lucie Safarova. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Sabine Lisicki > Shuai Peng. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Philipp Kohlschreiber +3.5 vs Gael Monfils. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10)
Well, that's more like it! 3/3 for Saturday :ok

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Only one pick from Sunday's finals, playing Safarova on handicap in Pushniacki open against none other than Pushniacki herself :lol Lucie Safarova +5.5 vs Caroline Wozniacki. 1.90 @ Bet365 (5/10) Can not resist this one. Have been talking all week about Safarova being inconsistent and stuff. And she is but... Lucie has got a chance here. Silly it might sound but she does. Safarova has got very good serve and can hit some outstanding forehands if she's in the right mood. Indoors is her favorite surface and that should make her feel good. Wozniacki has been benefitting from excellent draw as only Kerber make her play a real match. Other than that she had walkovers against brainless players. Safarova has won the only meeting between these two, that was last year on clay in Stuttgart (also indoors which is relevant in Safarova's case). Safarova won 6-4, 6-4 and stats from that match are a bit hard to believe. Safarova did not face a single break point and dropped just 13 (out of 53) points on her serve. Against Wozniacki... Wozzi has been struggling against big hitters through out her career and I think Safarova can make this match a real contest despite bookies thinking otherwise.

AEGON Championships - Murray to beat Roddick @ 1.7 (Pinnacle) - WIN
Vintage Murray. Unlikely to bet on either final tomorrow but I do have one pick from the first round in Eastbourne. Eastbourne - Kunitsyn to beat Andujar @ 1.76 (bwin) Andujar looked disinterested against Raonic in Halle last week and has a dreadful 1-5 career record on grass (that win having come in a qualie). I question his motivation to be on this surface after such a half-arsed performance and see him as a big outsider here. Kunitsyn doesn't necessarily have the weapons in his game to really hurt the Spaniard but he's a plucky journeyman with a solid game and much more grass court experience. 1.76 seems like a gift from bwin and is sure to come down.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfred Tsonga 4pts Under 21.5 games - 11/10 with Paddy Power I think this price is quite good, well for me it is since i strongly fancy Murray to get this done in straight sets tomorrow. Murray was awesome today, espescially his returning. Roddick averaged 83% when it came to getting his first serve in and to think Murray broke 4 times despite that consistency is very impressive. For me, this game will be fairly similar. If Murray can reproduce anything near the sort of form he showed against Roddick he will have a field day against his French opponent. Tsonga's serve is a big weapon but Murray can nullify that threat and there is no doubt that Tsonga will get frustrated when it comes to those long, hard rallies. Tsonga has the ability to self destruct and that is a real possibility here. It's the ideal type of match-up for Murray and, with the extra incentive of the tournament being on home turf, i am confident he will wrap this up comfortably. Murray's tendancy to have the odd average game is enough to shave a point of the stake, otherwise it would be maximum strength.

SportTennis
EventKohlschreiber v Petzschner
SelectionKohlschreiber -1.5 games
Strength10/10
Date12/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.90
ReasoningGreat week for both these guys, and I really like Kohlschreiber in the final. He's been playing great the last few matches and looked very comfortable on court. Petzschner has done well and got some big wins, but watching the matches Kohlschreiber has looked better. I think he'll be sharp in the final, and should have too much for Petzschner and be able to cover this little handicap.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Wozniacki vs Safarvova away +5.5 AH @ 2.06 with pinnacle Being No 1 WTA and playing in the final, in Denmark, makes you a clear favorite agianst anyone. Safarova wasn't the best here, had problems in every match, but all in one showed quality, no doubt about it. Caroline against Barthle had 66% points won with the first serve and 77% with the second. With Brianti had 72% & 82%. With Kerber had 89% and 38%. With Falconi had 73% & 63%. This is great, she has a good serve and that will help her a lot. She won 50% of the points in average with all these 4. Safarova won against Martic 57% from the first serve and 47% with the second. With Zhang have 73% & 54%, Karjicek 72% & 52%, Konta 64% and 47%. This is good also, Safarova made a good tournament, I believe in an equillibrated encounter in which Caroline will win.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Murray vs Tsonga pick: Tsonga +4 games @ 1.80 with 5 dimes Tsonga looked fabulos here, it's been a long time since I have seen it playing so well. He has great serve and uses a lot better than he did previously. He grows from game to game. Murray ... is Murray. But despite the fact that he was good all the season I see him here losing a set against Tsonga or winning in a set at Tie break. Tsonga worked a lot here, played great and would be a shame for him not to impose a real resistance to the rigid Scott.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Lisicki vs Hantuchova home +2.5 games @ 2.00 with Pinnacle Lisicki played great yesterday and she did it the same all tournament long. Hantuchova had big emotions yesterday, but got some luck with the rain that seemed to affect Ivanovic. She won the 3rd set with no problems. Anyway, Hantuchova might lose this match, but if she will win she will stay in this limit imposed here, as I can;pt see here winning in 2 straight sets.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Kohlreschreiber vs Petzschner away win @ 2.50 with sportingbet The former champion Kohlschreiber meets the real surprise Ptexschner. Both germans in front of a German public. I expect the public to show his affection for the outsider here. Petzschner will make Kohlschreiber to run today like he didn't do it all tournament long. He likes to use corners a lot and I do not think Kohlschreiber like that. The serve of Petschner is great and also his return.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 One for me today, hopefully finish the week with a bang. Couple of really good shouts this week guys from a lot of posters, let's hope we can keep that going in the run-up to SW19. - Under 20 games AH (Carlos Berlocq v Alexandr Dolgopolov) @ 1.926 with Pinnacle medium stakes Find it hard to see Berlocq giving the Ukrainian a tough match in Eastbourne. This is his first game on grass for almost two years and despite a good year on the slower courts in the Americas, I think this will be too much for him. Berlocq isn't comfortable with a low-bouncing ball, the quickness of the court and footwork. He's only won one match on grass and generally keeps a low profile in June. Dolgopolov's not kicked on since the Australian Open but he's proven on this surface against lower-ranked players, having got to the semis here last year. He also put up a decent show at Wimbledon and ran into a good thing in Kohlschreiber in Halle earlier in the week. He beat the Argentine 6-4 6-1 in Mexico earlier this year on clay so he's got the better of Berlocq once before. Envisaging a straightforward contest for Dolgopolov and feel the unders appeals more than the -5 game handicap.

Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki - Lucie Safarova
Selection Lucie Safarova
Strength 5/10
Date 12/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 6.50
Reasoning Copenhagen WTA Int'l (DEN) - Indoor Hard, Final Maybe Caroline Wozniacki should be a favorite in this match but odd like 1,13 is not serios for me. In my opinion Lucie Safarova can beat Caroline Wozniacki and win this tournament. She leads 1-0 in head-to-head series! Lucie defeated Wozniacki in Stuttgart in the last year and Wozniacki hadn't any break points so Safarova won very easy. Safarova is left-handed so she will be difficult opponent for Caroline. Wozniacki is playing at home - motivation must be high - friends are supporters. Wozniacki won here in the last year. I think that Safarova will win. She is left-handed, she has very difficult service. I see many chances for her in rallies. Wozniacki's second service is not dangerous so I see many break points for Lucie.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Did anyone else get on mahut today? He was like 2/1 on betfair and i didnt have time to do write up or reaearch it but that mannarino was average at best in queens so thought sod it il do mahut. He won quite nicely in end but wanted to know if betfair messed the prices up? Or if i missed a massive easy bet...?? Cheers