** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - June 6-12

After the excitement of the French Open, it's back to the usual ATP and WTA events. There are two 250 series events for the men, both on grass. The better field is in London for the Queen's Club Championship, although withdrawals are decimating the field - Nadal, Murray, Roddick and Del Potro are due there. Federer is in Halle along with Berdych but the field there does lack some depth. Two international series events for the women too, on the grass in Birmingham and on the hard courts of Copenhagen, where I assume Wozniacki will be playing :-) Challenger lovers - you're in the Slovak city of Kosice this week.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 My eyes almost popped out when I saw how many matches there were this week. All the excitement of the French Open made me forget about the grass openers. Was intending to go down to Queen's this week but time won't allow me in the end. Should be a decent amount of betting opportunities though let's hope.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

SportTennis
EventRiske v U Radwanska
SelectionRiske
Strength10/10
Date06/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBetfred @ 1.72
ReasoningHaving a go with Riske to start the grass season. She was playing on grass last week in the challenger in Nottingham, making semi final. She had a heavy loss to Daniilidou which is a concern, but I will look past it. Last year she made the semi final of this tournament after qualifying, which was a very good effort. She’s good on grass and should come through this. U Radwanska I’ve never thought was up to much, she’s had injury problems but even without that didn’t look too much to me. She’s got a reasonable record on grass, but I think this price on Riske is acceptable.

Halle Tournament Federer to win tournament outright - 8/11 - RIDICULOUSLY HIGH STAKES - PADDY POWER

Can't see the man losing a match in this tournament with neither, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in the draw and even with them I'd feel fairly confident. He's been serving consistent bombs all second week in France and those serves would prove even more devastating on the green stuff. His volleying, drop-shots and forehand are also in fine nick and whilst he is always susceptible to patchy periods during matches in which he makes heaps of unforced errors, I don't see anyone in the draw even near good enough on the surface to capitalize and punish him for them.

Halle - Gerry Weber Tournament Raonic vs Andujar - Raonic 2-0 in sets - 8/11 - Medium stakes - Paddy Power

Raonic has one of the BIGGEST serves in the game and a pretty solid volley to back it up on, whilst his baseline game isn't as accomplished as his opponents he still has the ability to strike flat out baseline winners. Andujar has had a tiresome clay court season, hindered a bit by injury, he isn't renownd for being particularly good on grass.

Halle - Gerry Webber R Hasse vs Dolgopolov - Dolgopolov 8/15 - Medium stakes Paddy Power

Dolgopolov is far and away the more talented player here and capable of better things on grass, whilst he can be a bit of an unforced error machine, his ability to serve ace after ace after followed by drop shot after drop shot after drop shot could prove too much for R Hasse who's weaker surface is grass by far.

Another one - Dolgopolov + Raonic = just under even money odds - medium stakes Paddy Power

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 I might be missing something here because I am amazed at the odds in the following match at Halle tomorrow. Andreas Seppi v Tommy Haas Bet365 make Haas the favourite at 8/15 which I just dont understand. Haas has played 1 match in the last 15 months which was a defeat to Ilhan at the French Open just gone. How can Haas be favourite if he wont be match fit? I appreciate that grass might not be Seppi's best surface but I recall him defeating James Blake 3-0 at Wimbledon 2009. This was straight after Blake got to the final at Queens just before. Seppi is decent on grass and will surley be sharper. I think the odds on a Seppi win at 11/8 looks a steal. Any further info is appreciated as I may not know something here?

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 agree with the above but also going to do dustin brown to beat mayer at 3.5 on betfair havent seen him play recently but i like him against most players outside top 10. always causes them problems and if he can time it right can and does win sets. massive serve and groundstrokes will be weapons on grass and im sure mayer was poor last time i saw him. think he was slow and had no power or variation to beat browns boomers. hopefully also troicki to beat zverev 2-0 is 1.9 on betfair troicki wasnt great versus murray but he is a better player than micha so should pull through. im sure ive seen troicki in later stages of wimbledon and im sure he is more a grass courter so will be better in this maybe semis. del potro beat istomin 2-0 at 1.6 on betfair juan has to do this after what i saw in french open. hes nearly back to his best and on grass his game will be better. big serves and forehands will be too much for istomin.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Seppi has had a niggling ankle injury for about a month now. He's also about as reliable as a beaten-up Lada. Decent on all surfaces but he wouldn't say grass is his favourite. I'd agree Haas is short considering his lack of matches but he did run Ilhan fairly close at Roland Garros ... I also wouldn't write off Istomin so easily either chaps, Denis is a very accomplished grass court player. Took a set off Nadal at Queen's last year, went deep in Eastbourne and made the second week of Wimbledon too. He's not in great form but when was the last time Del Potro played on grass? Something to think about, that's all.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Hi all, long term lurker here! I read the tennis threads on here religiously and have followed a few tips in the past. You have my gratitude for your sagacious kindness. Just been hunting down the handicap prices for this week's opening matches and there's one I like the look of on Tuesday. AEGON Championships - Istomin +4.5 vs. Del Potro @ 1.93 (10bet) Istomin has had a poor season, and isn't in good form coming in here. However, I vividly remember his match at Queen's against Nadal last season where he pushed the world number one all the way in three close sets. He made the semis in Eastbourne the following week and then the third round at Wimbledon, demonstrating that he more than knows his way around a grass court. Del Potro, while obviously a tremendous player, is still something of an unknown quantity on grass - he hasn't played on it since losing to Hewitt in the second round of Wimbledon two years ago, and has very limited experience for such a heavy favourite. Movement could be an issue early doors for a big guy who hasn't tasted competitive grass court tennis for so long. I feel the game handicap line is generous at 4.5 here and am on Istomin to cover it at a very reasonable price.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Nieminen - Lu Selection Nieminen -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 06/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.50 Reasoning ATP tournament on grass surface in Halle. First round. Nieminen not play first time in this tournament, have good memories here - one time made SF stage. Nieminen have good skills for the grass surface, stable serve, good game on the net and tricky left hand. In last year lost in first round here and can repair rank. Lu in last months not play good, played awful tennis, losing against everyone. Lu never played in this tournament, don't feel this grass etc. Can have troubles in start of the match and this is advance for Finish player. I feel not hard match for Nieminen

SportTennis
EventHaider-Maurer v Young
SelectionHaider-Maurer
Strength10/10
Date06/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.83
ReasoningTake with a 1 ball bookmaker. Young suffering wrist problems, was awful last week in Nottingham lost first round against Niland where he held serve once in 8 attempts. He won junior Wimbledon but in seniors has a very poor record on grass. Haider-Maurer is a big guy, serves good, solid player. He should win this comfortably.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Riske A. - Radwanska U bet on Riske. H2H 1-0 meeting at the end of last year, was held at the Indoor Hard in Saint Raphael ITF won 6-4 6-2. About Riske I first heard last year that impressed me was when the game was at a tournament in which the two ladies they meet today. Then it passed the qualification for the main event only beaten in the semi-final against Sharapova 2:6 6:4 1:6. Early eliminated m.in Zahlavova, Wozniak, Chakvetadze, Wickmayer. Grass tennis Riske very responsible in this year already has them rubbing it in last week reached the semifinals of Nottingham. What can I say about the younger Radwanskiej. This will be her debut this year on grass. It is true that a few years ago, won the junior Wimbledon but recently has health problems. It all started before the tournament in Rome. "Unfortunately, a big bad luck Uli. She suffered an injury in training recently, but she went with her to Rome. We were hoping that this injury will not be too onerous, but when you play too much hip it hurts, so it had to stop the game" - said the father and coach of tennis players Robert Radwanski. Then flew to where the RG dropped out in the first round of Minella. She performed with the hip injury is not healed, RG nobody knows you do not forgive. The injury, a break in training, lack of confidence today, it should all have a detrimental effect on Radwanskiej

riske.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Shuko Aoyama - Coco Vandeweghe Selection Vandeweghe Strength 10/10 Date 06/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.32 Reasoning It's difficult to find winning bets in tennis after switching from clay to grass. Aoyama is ranked 354 in the world and had to difficult matches in the Qualifiers to reach the main draw. 6-3 in the decisive set against Grandin, and 7-6 against Lee-Waters. However her opponent today is of a better level. Coco Vandeweghe is a promising Belgian youngster. She enjoys mainly playing on fast courts, clay never really suited her. She played 2 matches on grass in the ITF at Nottingham. She won rather easily against Madison Brengle in 2 sets, and lost 6-4 7-6 with Riske, but the overall impression was good. I won't touch the handicap or the under/over... will wait to see what's the actual form of the players involved before trying out bigger bets. For now, winners is all that matters.

I might be missing something here because I am amazed at the odds in the following match at Halle tomorrow. Andreas Seppi v Tommy Haas Bet365 make Haas the favourite at 8/15 which I just dont understand. Haas has played 1 match in the last 15 months which was a defeat to Ilhan at the French Open just gone. How can Haas be favourite if he wont be match fit? I appreciate that grass might not be Seppi's best surface but I recall him defeating James Blake 3-0 at Wimbledon 2009. This was straight after Blake got to the final at Queens just before. Seppi is decent on grass and will surley be sharper. I think the odds on a Seppi win at 11/8 looks a steal. Any further info is appreciated as I may not know something here?
agree about seppi, he has blown a lot of accumulators of mine in the past and if this match up was anywhere other than germany then he would be favourite. Im going to have a dabble

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Hi guys, 1 pick for the Halle Gerry Weber Open: ATP: DODIG TO DEFEAT RIBA BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.63 on betfair The two played in Roland Garros last week with Riba winning a very close 5 set match. Riba is a typical clay courter with just 1 win in his career on grass. Dodig has big serve and good game for grass. Should be an easy win for him. [url=http://www.winningtipster.com/]

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 About time i tried to contribute in the Tennis sections i think as i bet on it often enough and always read the great stuff in the threads. Sam Querry vs Kei Nishikori 3/5pts Sam Querry to win 2-0 - 6/5 with William Hill Normally, at most other tournaments, i would not have this bet at a 3 point stake but i really like the American's chances today. He comes here as the defending champion and that should provide him with a lot of confidence. Last year he didn't encounter any of the top guys on his route to the final but he did well still to only lose one set in the whole tournament. The match against Fish was a tight one but he still came through 2-0 and i can't see his Japanese opponent posing anywhere near the same amount of problems. His form should improve now the clay season is over and his big hitting will be a lot more effective. Nishikori has had some injury problems this year and went out in the first round in 2010. There is no doubting the fact he can be a solid player but, as i said earlier, i can't see him doing much when returning Querry's serve. I thought this would have been a touch odds on, or even money at the largest, so i am more than happy to take the 6/5 available.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Ivan Ljubicic - Ryan Sweeting Selection Ljubicic Strength 4/10 Date 06/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.47 Reasoning Ljubicic isn't the greatest grass court player but he does have some decent performances on this type of court. He reached the 3rd Round of Wimbledon twice and won the Hertogenbosch title in 2007. His form at Roland Garros has been very consistent. He reached the 4th round after defeating Querrey and Verdasco in straight sets, only to lose to Rafa Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-3. He is a rather intelligent player. He has a big serve like all Croats and his baseline play is also good. Ryan Sweeting is a promising American player. Basically a Hard court type of player he managed to get some decent results on Clay as well this season, winning the title at Houston this year. He played 2 matches on grass in the Nottingham challenger. Winning in 3 sets against local player Danny Evans and losing to the eventual title winner Gilles Muller from Switzerland 7-6 6-4. He is a good baseline type of player, very annoying, usually his opponents make a lot of errors against him as he always looks to put the ball in the court. That explains why he could have some decent results on clay this season. Grass court games however favours a big serve, and Ljubicic definetly is a better server than his opponent here. Still, I don't see a very easy match for Ljubicic but in the end he should have enough to get by Sweeting.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 After a little while I decided to post one high-stake bet on PL as well. Won't post it at my site, just here this time. For those who don't know me. I'm Black-Shadow there. Kurumi Nara-Zuzana Kucova Nara is having a horrible season, she is a very inexperienced player that doesn't do too well on indoor hard. On the other hand, Kucova has always had good potential but failed to take an advantage of it. Had some injuries in the past, but now she is fit and according to the statements I've read by her recently, she is willing to get far in this tournament and even try to give a hard time to Wozniacki. She feels good on this surface and recorded some decent wins there. She can serve well at times, and I that is always very vital in women's tennis. Nara is just a total UE machine and those who have seen it will know what I am talking about. The rhythm of the match will be too much for Nara as Kucova is really versed as I said and will know how to give a hard time to the Japanese. This might be the last chance for Zuzana to prove she is worth the money invested in her over the years. The bookies set Nara as a small favorite here but normally Kucova should be the better player on this surface and I don't give the Japanese a chance to do anything here. One of the reasons might be a bit of a dip in form for Kucova, but anyway I still trust her and I'll go big on Kucova to win, possibly in straight sets as well. Nara-Kucova Pick: 2 Odds: 2.09 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 Good luck.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Michael Llodra vs Jaroslav Pospisil- Under 18.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Only just decided to take this one but I feel Llodra will win this comfortably. Pospisil only really plays clay challenger events where lately he hasn't had the best result in the world. He's only played one grass match in over two years, back in 09 so I'm not sure how well he will adapt to the quicker conditions of the grass after playing on grass for so long. Llodra has a good serve, which will benefit him hugely on this surface. He got to the quarters at Queen's last year, and followed that up by winning in Eastbourne. He should have quite a gentle warm up for the grass season and I see him winning no worse than 6-3 6-3.

After a little while I decided to post one high-stake bet on PL as well. Won't post it at my site' date=' just here this time. For those who don't know me. I'm [b']Black-Shadow there. Kurumi Nara-Zuzana Kucova Nara is having a horrible season, she is a very inexperienced player that doesn't do too well on indoor hard. On the other hand, Kucova has always had good potential but failed to take an advantage of it. Had some injuries in the past, but now she is fit and according to the statements I've read by her recently, she is willing to get far in this tournament and even try to give a hard time to Wozniacki. She feels good on this surface and recorded some decent wins there. She can serve well at times, and I that is always very vital in women's tennis. Nara is just a total UE machine and those who have seen it will know what I am talking about. The rhythm of the match will be too much for Nara as Kucova is really versed as I said and will know how to give a hard time to the Japanese. This might be the last chance for Zuzana to prove she is worth the money invested in her over the years. The bookies set Nara as a small favorite here but normally Kucova should be the better player on this surface and I don't give the Japanese a chance to do anything here. One of the reasons might be a bit of a dip in form for Kucova, but anyway I still trust her and I'll go big on Kucova to win, possibly in straight sets as well. Nara-Kucova Pick: 2 Odds: 2.09 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 Good luck.
Well, the money started to pour on Nara's side heavily, and more than 1 hour before the match scheduled time (the match is scheduled monday 22:00 local Copenhagen time as far as I know) Kucova went up to 2.850 at Pinnacle and then the match has gone OFFLINE. I just can't wait how this fix will end :rollin

Halle - Gerry Webber R Hasse vs Dolgopolov - Dolgopolov 8/15 - Medium stakes Paddy Power

Dolgopolov is far and away the more talented player here and capable of better things on grass, whilst he can be a bit of an unforced error machine, his ability to serve ace after ace after followed by drop shot after drop shot after drop shot could prove too much for R Hasse who's weaker surface is grass by far.

Another one - Dolgopolov + Raonic = just under even money odds - medium stakes Paddy Power

WIN :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

About time i tried to contribute in the Tennis sections i think as i bet on it often enough and always read the great stuff in the threads. Sam Querry vs Kei Nishikori 3/5pts Sam Querry to win 2-0 - 6/5 with William Hill Normally, at most other tournaments, i would not have this bet at a 3 point stake but i really like the American's chances today. He comes here as the defending champion and that should provide him with a lot of confidence. Last year he didn't encounter any of the top guys on his route to the final but he did well still to only lose one set in the whole tournament. The match against Fish was a tight one but he still came through 2-0 and i can't see his Japanese opponent posing anywhere near the same amount of problems. His form should improve now the clay season is over and his big hitting will be a lot more effective. Nishikori has had some injury problems this year and went out in the first round in 2010. There is no doubting the fact he can be a solid player but, as i said earlier, i can't see him doing much when returning Querry's serve. I thought this would have been a touch odds on, or even money at the largest, so i am more than happy to take the 6/5 available.
Followed and thanks. ;) :clap