** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season

Re: Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season No offence, not many people are going to care too much about your competition, given that no-one can win any money out of it. Had this been run by a bookie and there were odds next to it, there would have been interest but as it stands I doubt many people are going to bother looking into much detail. I'll give you my honest view, not many people are going to accurately predict the teams in the last few groups. If you want informed opinion, why not go to Sporting Index and check out the spreads for points scores over the season - a professional trader's view. Myself, I think it's fairly even between the teams, and seeing as goals score points I would just go for the team with the best attacking players.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season I must say, I think people are being quite harsh on here this evening. I haven't added any more about any of the groups as I can only really speak with any confidence about my own club, but I don't mind the fella asking for opinions from others. If anyone ITK does give their opinons on it, and they are balanced, thought out and reasonable then it will help me when thinking about handicap markets, individual matches, top scorer markets, etc. Fair play to the bloke for being up-front about what he's after.

Re: Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season I think there is enough info in the early stages of this thread to go off. I agree with the poster who said with respect who care's about someones daft work sweepstake. We are here to share views of others not just leech info like parasite. I made my view clear early doors I expect Charlton to win the league this season, anything less will be considered a flop.

Re: Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season 1st of all Socky, what maybe daft to you, wont be daft to others, £1000 top prize isnt daft when only 50 people enter it, the chances are probably better than winning a 4 team accumulator to win all 4 leagues, the chances of that are slim, i just wanted views. Thank You Sheff Wed, all the best this season for your lot with Meggo in charge, he maybe dour but he changed our club around 7-10 years ago, and where we are now, is partly down to him.

Re: Npower League One > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season

Lol who do you support mate? Narrowed your bet down to who you fancy or?
Jonwebb - this thread is packed with excellent stuff but we're starting to go off road. If you want banter with other fans, find the threads for that. This is an antepost thread, a place where people put up their reasoned selections. The debate then follows. Further up the thread you have responded with interesting info but most of the time you're asking and not contributing. I don't think you've looked at previous threads or have the faintest notion of what we are about here. Look at the rules and spend five minutes thinking about the quality of your posts before you hit the 'submit' button.

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event League One Season
Selection Stevenage to be relegated
Strength 5/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 3.25
Reasoning Having won back to back promotion, Stevenage now face the tougher task of staying in League One. They have brought in 5 new faces (at time of writing), but mainly with experience from non-league and League Two. A number of teams have been promoted from non-league and waltzed through League Two to find that extra step too much and Steveage look to be in that mold. Graham Westley is a highly succesful manager with a win ratio of 52% from his entire managerial career, but this has almost exclusively been at non-league level (with last season's promotion being his only league experience at the helm). What strikes me from last seasons record is that an away win at Wycombe in March was Stevenage's only win against a top-8 side in the entire of the normal season. 3 play off games provided 3 wins without conceeding, plus they beat famously beat Newcastle in the cup. However, there are questions over whether Westley can get his team to play at this level consistently and, if tey are unable to muster more than just one win against the top sides and League 2 level, then they are arguable relegation candidates. 3.25 certainly looks to be value given the above, in my eyes.

• 8 months later...

As a Charlton supporter I would like to put a small recommendation forward for the 14/1 currently available on us to win the league. There are plenty of question marks following last season’s flop and none more so than the ability of rookie boss and club legend Chris Powell, who looked tactically naive at certain times during our woeful 8 match losing run towards the end of last season. However the 14/1 is only represntitive of that and I do believe he will learn from his mistakes. Add to that the fact he inherited a poor squad of mainly free transfers and was forced to make rash loan buys which didn’t gel at all. The main reason for this recommendation however is the investment in players that is happening right now. Under the new regime of Slater and Jimenez there is clearly money to spend and from the interviews I have heard from these guys they don’t intend staying this league for long. Is time last year our then chairman Richard Murray said the best we could possibly hope for was to finish in the play offs and that was reflected in the players we bought, this year Slater has stated the only goal is win the championship. We have already bought 6 players including Xabi Alonso's Brother Mikel from Tenerife, Danny Hollands who was one of Bournmouth's main catalysts last year in their unexpected play off charge and Paul Hayes who has been promoted twice previously in this league and should prove to be a perfect foil for Bradley Wright Phillips. Powell has also stated that we should expect another 6 players this summer and money is no object should the right player be available. Apparently we have recently had 400k bid for Danny Green from Dagenham accepted. Overall the future looks bright at the Valley this season and after 7 years on the bounce where we have finished lower in the league pyramid than the previous season this could finally be the season when we start to make some steps back to where we belong. Charlton to win league 14/1 2pts e/w
:nana:nana:nana:nanaSorry to be a showoff but pretty pleased with the outcome of this and hopefully one or 2 followed me in