** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barclays Premier League > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season

Re: Barclays Premier League > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season

Blackburn look a good bet to go down now at 5/4 with Coral. Why on earth have they bought Scott Dann when they already had Nelsen, Samba, Givet and Hanley? They don't have a single decent striker and the lack of depth in midfield is alarming. QPR have strengthened very well, while Wigan don't look as bad as Blackburn & already have a 5 point lead on them. Norwich or Swansea might finish above Blackburn too. I expect Kean to be sacked soon (the 5/6 with Paddy Power might be worth a bet), but given that these are the owners who sacked Allardyce, the chances of them making a good appointment seem very low. Who would want to go there anyway? I like this 5/4 a lot.
Surely the winning on the second bet will make the first bet more unlikely. Dann is a quality player and will be slotted alongside Samba in their defence which should be solid enough. Nelsen has injury problems and Hanley is inexperienced plus Givet if often used at left-back hence the Dann signing.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Barclays Premier League > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season Maybe my writing wasn't clear enough, but what I meant was that spending so much money on a centre-back was hard to justify when they desperately need a striker. Their defence was already competitive; their attack isn't.

Make that 28 posts of nonsense. Back on topic, I cant see past the two Manchester teams filling the top two spots this season. Doubts over: - an ageing Chelsea side with a new manager - a depleted Arsenal side with uncertainty hanging over them - the jury is still out on Liverpools signings, can they improve enough to reach top 2? - Spurs havent bought anyone significant to suggest they can hot top 2. Man Utd/Man City is 8.2 at betfair Man City/Man Utd is 10.0 at betfair Well worth backing both outcomes i reckon :ok
Wish I'd followed you on this mate. Looks a very shrewd move already!

• 1 month later...

Betting on Sunderland to go down this year is equivilant to flushing money down the toilet. I strongly suggest no-one does this' date=' selling off Bent and Henderson reminds me of when Everton sold off Rooney a few years back. Moyes re-invested the money wisely and Everton became a strong outfit, I think it will be similar with Sunderland this year. The signings of O'Shea, Brown and Wickham in particular are a bit of a coup in my opinion. The challenge they will face is gelling the side together, possibly a rocky start but getting stronger and stronger as the season goes on. A top 10 finish for sure, to suggest relegation is lunacy.[/quote'] Backed them at 12/1 to go down. Will probably lay a bit off at 6/1 now. Steve Bruce has a big fat head.

Backed them at 12/1 to go down. Will probably lay a bit off at 6/1 now. Steve Bruce has a big fat head.
Sunderland running poor at the momment and events off the field are not helping things particularly the speculation with Bruce. I'm still confident they wont be relegated but my belief in a top 10 finish is fading fast. If Sunderland are relegated my original post will be one of the worst I have ever seen on this forum and I will ban myself from posting on next seasons premier league ante-post thread.

Hello everyone.

I'm new at the forum but i could not help it to right something about the coming games next week. Hope to here everyone's opinion.

Everton - Manchester U - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=975997

As you can see, Man U has the upper hand (without a doubt) by winning 74% of all games between teams. On the other hand, Man U just got bitten by Man C 1-6 so we think this could be a rebound match to the reds by gaining a bit of confidence back.

Chelsea – Arsenal - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=975996 the interesting match of the week without a doubt. Chelsea comes to the match after a surprising Lost to QPR 1-0 and Arsenal who just won stoke 3-1. History tells that Arsenal has won in 42% of the matches wile the last 5 games between team's shows us the Chelsea has won in 4 matches.

Manchester C – Wolverhampton -

With high moral after the 6-1 match against Man U, Man C comes to the match in statistics on here side as well. Man C has won in 50% of the games (at the last 5 games between teams Man C has won 3 matches, 1 draw and 1 lose). Further more, at the last 5 games the teams has scored 20 goals (average of 4 per match). Norwich – Blackburn - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=975999

Norwich is a home team who's giving a hard time to every team. The next victim is Blackburn who's at a losing strike (3 loses in 5 games) statistics say that most of the games (45%) end up in a draw. there is a 55% chance of over 2.5 goals at this match.

Sunderland - Aston Villa - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=976001

Nice bet in this game is under 2.5 goals( 76% of all games between teams ended in less then 2.5 goals ) Aston Villa has lost 2 games in a row wail Sunderland has won here last game(away : 0 – 2 ) Swansea – Bolton - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=976002

It’s the first game between teams. the teams presents average ability in their games. hopefully they will give us something to talk about.

Wigan – Fulham - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=976005 Nice bet in this game is under 2.5 goals( 83% of all games between teams ended in less than 2.5 goals ) Wigan hasn’t won a single game in the last 5 games and Fulham has a 3 in a row losing strike. West Bromwich – Liverpool - http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=976004 Liverpool has a good record against West Bromwice – 90% of the time ended in Liverpool's victory wail the other 10% where West Bromwice's victory (no draw in any of the games) stamina : Liverpool's last 2 games ended in a draw wail West Bromwice presents 2 victories and is coming to the game well prepared.

• 2 months later...

Season Handicap Winner: Liverpool +12 @ 13.00 Tab Looking at Liverpool to make a rise up the ladder this season. They will benefit from not having any distractions of playing in Europe next year and thus can solely concentrate on making the top 4, and possible even the title. The second half of last year saw a resurgence in their game with Dalgleish managing them, with some impressive victories over Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and draw with Arsenal away. What tends to hamper their title chances is draws or losses away to middle-lower placed teams, as they are usually always up for the big games. With plenty of rest they can also focus on winning the games, that they "should" win. Defensively, there are some question marks. Reina in goals is one of the best, but a need for anther centre back (with Cahill possibly coming in) and a left back are areas that need to be filled. Carragher can still play an important role in the middle, while Johnson and Kelly are players who can give them some penetration when going forward down the flanks. In midfield, the signing of Adams gives them a player with a very good passing game as well as the set pieces, while Lucas will look to build on his very good season where he was named player of the year at the club. Gerrard will be much fresher this year, once he comes back from a niggling groing injury, while Dowing gives them a good left to swing in the crosses. Looking forward to seeing how the partnership of Caroll and Suarez blossoms as they should get plenty of service from the midfield. In particular Suarez gives them that cutting edge that you need up front, and in only half a season, he showed that he is capable of making a huge impression and providing Liverpool with the 20 goals they need to make an impact. Dalgleish has had this preseason to get the team prepared the way he wants them, and like them to finish not only in the top 4 but close to the winner, as this league is starting to get much more even every season, and doubt that there will be a runaway winner
Adding to this: Liverpool to win EPL @ 101 (centrebet) Speculative bet but with some of the top teams dropping points, and now they have Gerrard back, to go with the best defence, then anything can happen. They are 11 points off the pace, and with no European action to worry about, like them to be well rested in the second half of the season