** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Friends Life t20

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Given the delay in the cricket, have taken a couple of bets on the second semi now I've seen how the pitch is playing. Hampshire to beat Somerset- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10) Haven't got a whole lot to add to Kev's reasoning but looking at the pitch, it's turning more than I thought it would. Parry and Keedy haven't gone for many and we saw Taylor who is a very good player of spin be in all sorts of trouble against the spinners. Hampshire as we know have three quality spinners in Briggs, Afridi and Tahir who are all fairly different spinners but all equally effective. Kev's mentioned that Pollard, one of Somerset's main men isn't the greatest player of spin so that could again be a huge advantage as Pollard, along with Buttler got them through to finals day. Just purely based on what we've seen so far in the pitch, have to back Hampshire as underdogs with their 3 classy spinners. One or more Stumping in Match- 11/8 Sportingbet- (4/10) Would have liked a better price but given the spinning talent on show, I feel we could see a few chances for the keepers to whip the bails off. Already there have been 2 stumpings in the first semi, and a couple of other chances as well. Keedy and Parry have managed to make the ball turn past the edge and frustrate the Leicestershire bastman which is how Tayor eventually fell after straying down the pitch. We will see Briggs, Tahir, Afridi, Kartik and Suppiah in the second semi who have all had good seasons in the competition and can all take wickets. Granted Afridi doesn't turn it a great deal, but all of the spinners can frusrate the opposition batsman and that could lead to a stumping later on in the day given the vast numbers of attacking batsmen on show.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20

0.5pts ew Leicestershire to win Friends Life t20 40/1 Skybet (1/2 1-2) I think this North group is wide open but for Northants and Durham who I see as certain qualifiers. That means there's two more spots up for grabs. Notts can't bat, ditto Lancashire although both have decent attacks, Worcester and Derby are massively out of their depth even in this competition, Yorkshire's batting is way too light and there's no overseas player like Gibbs to bat around. Warwickshire are entitled to be in the mix but won't be seeing much of Trott and Bell and with Woakes and Carter injured to begin with that's a heavy strain on a smallish squad. Therefore I'm going to chance Leicestershire here with the news they've signed Abdul Razzaq today. He'll give their batting line up a bit more beef and may even get a bit of swing over at Grace Road. Leicestershire have a decent enough bowling attack on paper now with Hoggard, Buck, Henderson, McDonald and now Razzaq while with the batting the likes of Jefferson, Taylor, Nixon and McDonald form a decent top order and with heavy hitters like White, Razzaq and Henderson to come there's grounds for believing the only multiple time winners of this event could go well again. They could bomb out totally but in a weak section at a lovely price I'll pay to find out.
:clap

2 more outrights for me ahead of the off. 0.5pts ew Leicestershire to win Friends Life t20 40/1 Skybet (1/2 1-2) I think this North group is wide open but for Northants and Durham who I see as certain qualifiers. That means there's two more spots up for grabs. Notts can't bat, ditto Lancashire although both have decent attacks, Worcester and Derby are massively out of their depth even in this competition, Yorkshire's batting is way too light and there's no overseas player like Gibbs to bat around. Warwickshire are entitled to be in the mix but won't be seeing much of Trott and Bell and with Woakes and Carter injured to begin with that's a heavy strain on a smallish squad. Therefore I'm going to chance Leicestershire here with the news they've signed Abdul Razzaq today. He'll give their batting line up a bit more beef and may even get a bit of swing over at Grace Road. Leicestershire have a decent enough bowling attack on paper now with Hoggard, Buck, Henderson, McDonald and now Razzaq while with the batting the likes of Jefferson, Taylor, Nixon and McDonald form a decent top order and with heavy hitters like White, Razzaq and Henderson to come there's grounds for believing the only multiple time winners of this event could go well again. They could bomb out totally but in a weak section at a lovely price I'll pay to find out. .
Top call mate :ok

cheers for reply mate' date=' a few peple placed a bet on the matches yesterday, so can you guys let me know if you have been paid out or not, as i cant get out to the betting shop. thanks[/quote'] I placed my bet with boyles and they classed it as a lose, which is fair enough, at the end of the day Hampshire didn't win! No different to a play-off in golf or injury time in a football match i guess. Some bookies may be different but I doubt it. I think it was StanJames last year paid out BOTH teams as winners if they tied in a T20 but that was just a special offer, probably during the world cup if I remember right? :clap:notworthy Congrats Kevshat, for some top winners on the day and a brilliant ante-post shout in Leicestershire :clap:notworthy

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Cheers all. Nice to get back to picking the winner of this event again. What a day that was. Never been to a more dramatic day of cricket in my life. Had a bit of everything tbh. 2 super overs, a last ball 6 to force the first and a dot ball last ball to force the 2nd, some boom boom magic, England's next hotshot playing a wonderful cameo and a fairytale ending via one of the most superb catches I've ever seen from Nixon to get rid of Pollard. The standing ovation he got from the crowd when he was out was pretty special too. As a Hampshire fan it wasn't great to be mugged off by the weather but c'est la vie. In some ways the rain added to the drama of the day so I really hope they don't go through with the plan to play the semi finals and final on different days. At least the right team of the two in the final won :cigar. Anyway back to business and I picked up +30 from the Leicestershire outright although had given 9pts of that back with the losing outrights on Essex, Northants and Thomas. The 6 finals day bets picked up +20 after a row with Ladbrokes who thought they would void the Henderson bet. Afridi was top of the 6 hitters despite only one innings. Semi final one produced a one point loss with Paddy Power voiding the 6's bet which won :(. Semi final 2 produced +5.2pts with the 6's coming in and Buttler top scoring. Sadly Hampshire couldn't win the super over but was a good profit on that match. So overall from the bets which were settled on finals day I had +54.2pt profit. -9 for the other outrights I hadn't factored in so +45.2pts in all which leaves me with a tournament finish of +32.18pts which having been hovering around the -50/-60 mark for much of the group stage and being -40.70 going into the quarter finals, I'm delighted with that total. Well done to all with winners and profit from the event :clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Cracking stuff from Kev, as he shows how it's done whereas I really didn't. Loss of somewhere around the -39/40 region in a tournament which has been a nightmare for me. Hopefully the tennis will make up for it in the next couple of weeks. Nothing left to be said apart from :clap:notworthy Kev.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Well done kev some top work! I'm intrigued as to whether totesport voided your total sixes match bet? I'm having a row with William hill who have settled the total match day sixes bet as a loser. Now you may remember, kev, helping me out with some advice regarding an unders match boundaries bet in an england odi which was voided after a mere 2 overs were lost but had no effect on the outcome! The end conclusion was William hill were right to void the bet, which I reluctantly put down to experience! I'm now flabbergasted that the exact opposite has happened - I too backed an overs bet , expecting a total of 120 overs to take place , instead 25.1 overs were lost ddue to bad weather ad the bet has resulted in being classed as a loser!!! They can't have it both ways - I am so saddened by this blatant double standards in their favour - can anyone help? Please!