** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PL PokerStars Variant League 6.14

teaulc

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: PL Variant Club League - 3 of 17 - Mon 20th June Omaha high/lo or a 3rd option, we go with 1 point for the winner,2 for 2nd 3 for 3rd etc and at the end the player with the lowest points is the winner,just a thought. i didnt envisage having this problem when we started but the Stars option is not a fair one imo. or we bring in a 3rd party to escrow.

Re: PL Variant Club League - 3 of 17 - Mon 20th June Omaha high/lo

or a 3rd option, we go with 1 point for the winner,2 for 2nd 3 for 3rd etc and at the end the player with the lowest points is the winner,just a thought. i didnt envisage having this problem when we started but the Stars option is not a fair one imo. or we bring in a 3rd party to escrow.
So I play 1 game, and win the lot :clap

Helen' date='do you have a spreadsheet i can use at all?[/quote'] As the leagues are normally only 5 weeks or so, I haven't got one with the usual PL scoring which can cover as many weeks as we are running, other than dusting off an old BPP format. The problem with such a large spreadsheet is it tends to crash the thread when you post it. I'm for sticking with the Stars system. But if we do switch to a different one (say with the simplified scoring), are we counting all games (as now), or saying best of X. Would it be possible to email Stars and ask them how they calculate the scores? I'd like to know how it works before I dismiss it. I'm fairly sure that in the long run their way and our way would result in the same overall league winner anyway and be a lot less work. ;)

Re: PL Variant Club League - 3 of 17 - Mon 20th June Omaha high/lo this is the league if we used the other format ie: 1 point for last and working up to say 10 players 1st would get 10 points. Wurzel = 14 teaulc = 12 floflo = 11 aka = 11 avongirl = 10 ooblio = 9 dodger = 5 goldenJag = 3 sirwigalot = 3 littlekinny = 2 deanh =1 a lot fairer if we cant get the pl spreadsheet to work,especially as each leg will count :ok

Re: PL Variant Club League - 3 of 17 - Mon 20th June Omaha high/lo Unable to play for a while as my internet is stop and start for some reason...5 minutes on then two off...no good for playing poker! ...and I'm dealing with Talk Talk so it may be a few months before get it sorted. :(

Re: PL Variant Club League - 3 of 17 - Mon 20th June Omaha high/lo sorry to hear that Dodger,:(. good turnout last night,with some expected unusual play ;). congrats to Wurzel for his win :clap table as it stands now: (it will be a combination of PL and rising points) wurzel = 24 (3) teaulc = 19 (3) avongirl = 16 (3) floflo = 15 (3) ooblio = 14 (3) aka2 = 14 (3) littlekinny = 11 (2) brokerald = 8 (1) dodger = 5 (1) sirwigalot = 3 (1) goldenjag = 3 (1) danshot = 2 (1) deanh = 2 (2)

Unable to play for a while as my internet is stop and start for some reason...5 minutes on then two off...no good for playing poker! ...and I'm dealing with Talk Talk so it may be a few months before get it sorted. :(
I'm with Talk Talk too m8, although, as soon as the contract is up, I won't be!!!!!!!!!

Re: PL Variant Club League - 4 of 17 - Mon 27th June - STUD Stud is the next game, if your not sure how to play look here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f62/7-card-stud-111004/ Club ID: 100469 Tourney ID: 406548397 Date: 2011/06/27 20:30 WET Game Type: 7 Card Stud Betting Structure: Limit Buy-in: USD 3.30 Tourney Structure: Regular Payout Structure: Top 20%

Re: PL Variant Club League - 4 of 17 - Mon 27th June - STUD

Good game tonight and a relatively smooth ride after losing 2 sizeable pots in the level' date=' hopefully see you all next week though might have work :([/quote'] Well done m8, :ok (still don't like the game tho')

Is it too late to get involved with this? :hope
Still plenty of time to get involved I'll probs miss quite a few due to work so not sure how much of shot on leaderboard I have but every week people are welcome to play and larger numbers would be appreciated :)

Still plenty of time to get involved I'll probs miss quite a few due to work so not sure how much of shot on leaderboard I have but every week people are welcome to play and larger numbers would be appreciated :)
great:) there's a couple of games i have not played so would love to learn :unsure see you at the tables :hope ( where might i find the rules for these games?) :unsure

Re: PL Variant Club League - 5 of 17 - Mon 4th July - STUD Hi/Lo well done to Danshot for his win, and to FloFlo and Glen for nd and 3rd. :clap:clap next game: Club ID: 100469 Tourney ID: 408735539 Date: 2011/07/04 20:30 WET Game Type: 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Betting Structure: Limit Buy-in: USD 3.30 Tourney Structure: Regular Payout Structure: Top 20% http://forum.punterslounge.com/f62/7-card-stud-hi-lo-poker-111003/ league as it stands as of week 4 Wurzel = 26 (4) teaulc = 22 (4) floflo = 21 (4) aka2 = 19 (4) ooblio = 18 (4) avongirl = 17 (4) littlekinny = 11 (2) danshot = 9 (2) brokerald = 8 (1) dodger = 5 (1) sirwigalot = 3 (1) goldenjag = 3 (1) deanh = 2 (2)

Re: PL Variant Club League - 5 of 17 - Mon 4th July - STUD Hi/Lo I'm pretty sure I'd like to join up to this league if possible. Too late for any chances at leaderboard obviously but I would like to join just for the oppurtunity to play some other types of poker aside from nlhe. Maybe I could get in before the 5cd-drw game? Please help me out with a link to get signed up (or any other info. I might need). tks

Re: PL Variant Club League - 5 of 17 - Mon 4th July - STUD Hi/Lo

I'm pretty sure I'd like to join up to this league if possible. Too late for any chances at leaderboard obviously but I would like to join just for the oppurtunity to play some other types of poker aside from nlhe. Maybe I could get in before the 5cd-drw game? Please help me out with a link to get signed up (or any other info. I might need). tks
you are more than welcome to join in, see the 1st post on how to sign up to the club :ok next game: Club ID: 100469 Tourney ID: 411520796 Date: 2011/07/11 20:30 WET Game Type: Razz Betting Structure: Limit Buy-in: USD 3.30 Tourney Structure: Regular Payout Structure: Top 20% http://forum.punterslounge.com/f62/razz-112204/ league as it stands after 5 games: wurzel 32 (5) teaulc 27(5) ooblio 27(5) avongirl 25(5) aka2 23(5) floflo 23(5) danshot 16(3) littlekinny 11 (2) brokerald 8 (1) dodger 5 (1) gem 3 (1) sirwigalot 3(1) deanh 2 (1) bagheira 1(1) goldenjag 1(1)