** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Sprut, :welcome to PL non european section mate. Just for the record, every link that are not in conection with punterslounge is not allowed in here. Keep this in mind for future bets, answers, etc... :ok

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Sprut, :welcome to PL non european section mate. Just for the record, every link that are not in conection with punterslounge is not allowed in here. Keep this in mind for future bets, answers, etc... :ok

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Fluminense new manager?
Yep, Abel Braga is the new Fluminense coach. After months of waiting and negotiations, Flu finaly make their last offer and Abel Braga accept it! With new manager and very good squad i belive in great game tonight and at least a point in favour of Fluminense, so I´ll go for: Fluminense (+0.5) AH @1.86 sbobet 5/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Goiania vs Ceara home win 2.00 with StanJames Goiania here will fight hard for getting the rquired points. They will have a tough game against Ceara, a team that is very solid and makes a hard life to many teams, especially away as they defend well and strike back oin counters. Atletico Goianiense -Anselmo will replace Marcao in attack. Coach PC Guzmao will play with: Márcio, Adriano, Leonardo, Gilson & Thiago Feltri; Agenor, Pituca, Felipe Brisola & Vítor Júnior; Alselmo & Felipe. Ceara will have out 5 players: defenders Boiadeiro & Fabrício, midfielder Geraldo + strikers Júnior & Washington Ceara: Fernando Henrique, Murilo, Erivélton, Anderson & Vicente; Michel, Eusébio, João Marcos & Iarley; Osvaldo & Marcelo Nicácio. Home side should win here.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Corinthians vs Fluminense away +0.5 AH @ 1.87 with Canbet Fluminense simply plays great and also Corinthians. 2 equallibrated teams with great value in all compartments with a plus I would say for Flu which will have 2 great strikers tonight, Rafael Moura from Goias (last seasons) and Fred that will play in COpa MAerica and must make some greta games right now for proving that also deserves a place in the first XI. Sao Paolo team wants a win here, they are 5 points under Sao Paolo and seems they are the prime followers of the leaders. I think Flu will not lose this one and might get a better result also!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Inter vs Plameiras home win @ 1.83 with 5dimes Home side has a great history against Palmeiras when playinmg in Porto Alegre: 7 wins, 2 draw, no defeat. Players out: Inter: Bolatti, Andrezinho, Rafael Sobis e Sorondo Palmeiras: Valdivia 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat for Inter is so little. They must win here to take the points. Plameiras undefeated although they got a lucky draw in Sete Lagoas with Cruzeiro. Inter to win tonight as they are coming after a win that should have risen up their morale. Adding the history of this game my bet is normal!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Botafogo vs Coritiba away + 0.5 AH @ 1.92 with Ladbrokers Botafogo transfered Renan from Sevilla but he will not play yet in the first XI. They got 4 points in 3 games, lost with Plameiras away, 0-1, won with Santos home, team that played with second team and made a draw to Ceara, 2-2. They haven't been very high as quality of the game play and can be considered a mid team this season. Coritiba won Paranaense CHampionship with maximum points, arrived in the CUp Final but lost it on Wednesday, showed attacking stuff, offensive minded and strength. IMO Coritiba will not lose tonight.

Goiania vs Ceara home win 2.00 with StanJames Goiania here will fight hard for getting the rquired points. They will have a tough game against Ceara, a team that is very solid and makes a hard life to many teams, especially away as they defend well and strike back oin counters. Atletico Goianiense -Anselmo will replace Marcao in attack. Coach PC Guzmao will play with: Márcio, Adriano, Leonardo, Gilson & Thiago Feltri; Agenor, Pituca, Felipe Brisola & Vítor Júnior; Alselmo & Felipe. Ceara will have out 5 players: defenders Boiadeiro & Fabrício, midfielder Geraldo + strikers Júnior & Washington Ceara: Fernando Henrique, Murilo, Erivélton, Anderson & Vicente; Michel, Eusébio, João Marcos & Iarley; Osvaldo & Marcelo Nicácio. Home side should win here.
good tip mate. totaly agree. :ok

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Atletico Paranaense vs Flamengo home win @ 2.67 with pinnacle Home side has already 3 defeats. A team that always has been a mid team in Brasileirao lies in the last place. They have lost 0-1 home with Gremio, a lucky own goal and a defeat against Palmeiras, also a lucky one IMO for the team that won. Against Flamengo, Aprananense has won 9 times and made 2 draws in last 11 games played here. In fact, Fla haven't won here since 1974. Flamengo will not win the championship this season IMO. wanderley Luxembourgo is not a technician to offer you that. He was god last season as he saved the team from relegation, but I don't expect him to end as coach of Fla this season. The team is playing mediocre, is not impressing, has lacks of confidence, times when doesn't construct and times when plays randomly. Atletico: Adilson Batista took out from the team Paolo Baier and put inside Madson. Will see what offers this move. Márcio; Wendel, Manoel, Rafael Santos & Paulinho; Deivid, Marcelo Oliveira, Branquinho & Madson; Guerrón & Nieto. I expect so much from Madson (ex Santos), Deivid and Nieto. Flamengo: Felipe, Léo Moura, David Braz, Welinton & Junior Cesar; Willians, Renato Abreu, Bottinelli & Thiago Neves; Ronaldinho Gaúcho & Wanderley. Home win, might be risky but I will have a great satisfaction here.

when a new manager comes into a team..normaly it gives me something and they win afew games and then they ease off....is that the same in the brazil league? never herd of this Abel Braga btw :D
Avai had a new coach last night! America was awful last game with Inter. Flamengo got Luxembourgo last year and they got a draw ...if I remember well.

Avai had a new coach last night! America was awful last game with Inter. Flamengo got Luxembourgo last year and they got a draw ...if I remember well.
Avai coach was watching the game from the stands, he was not talked with players. He will be in full control of the team in the next game. But i belived in Avai and i thought they will win with or without new manager. The situation in Fluminense is very different, Abel Braga is well known football manager, started his career as a player in Fluminense in 1968, staying at the club until 1976, when he moved to Vasco da Gama. He also played for PSG, of France, from 1979 to 1981, for Botafogo, from 1982 to 1984, and Govtacaz, in 1984 and 1985, where ended his career. In 1988, at Internacional, he was runner-up of the Brazilian Serie A after losing to Bahia in the final match. In 1989, he came close to winning the Copa Libertadores, but the club ended up losing to Paraguay's Olimpia on penalties after conceding three goals in the return match at home. The two defeats left a stain on his career and would haunt him for many years to come. In 2004, Abel Braga became Flamengo manager, winning the state league title. He became most remembered, however, because Flamengo lost the Copa do Brazil to underdogs Santo Andre, even though the final match was held in Rio de Janeiro, home of Flamengo. In 2005, as Fluminense manager, he won the Campeonato Carioca of that year. :ok

... with Muricy Ramalho' date=' now at Santos! ;) Try wickipedia to learn more about him, maybe you will get there everything centralized![/quote'] thanks, i didn´t even heard about wickipedia. just kidding :rollin

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Odds are dropping and that is why I take the bet now. Cruziero won the Mineirao CHampionship, played well, but they had a very bad start in Brasileirao. They couldn;t pass Santos that played with second team. But neither Inter couldn't pass those players as they were excellent placed in the field by Santos coach. Cruziero has a perfect opportunity now, as they will play in athe derby do Bello Horizonte against America. Ok, biggest derby is against Atletico Mineiro but this one is also a local derby. America managed to get a draw, unexpected by me and many other followers of Brasileirao, a draw in Florianopolis. They were thashed at home by Internacional and now will meet another great team in Brazil. America lost 3 games home against Cruze and made 2 draws. No talk here for me, confidence for taking this one! If no win, tecnico Cuca could be dismissed! America MG vs Cruzeiro away win @ 2.00 with Ladbrokers

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Coritiba must win here. No more COpa do Brasil, no more other things to stay focus, just Brasileirao. After a great Campeonato do Paranaense when they won all the games, after a presence in the final of Copa do Brasil, Coritba should transform their venom into wins here. They are new promoted side and will be a tough season for them. Their strength lies in the home games and for that they must win no matter who comes here. Inter is in strange condition, has probloems with attacking teams like Coritiba is. They won just to America Mineiro, and almost lost home with Palmeiras which developed a very offensive side against them. Coritiba won 6 times here, made 1 draw and lost 1 time. So did Inter in their house when playing Coritiba. New transfer to Coritiba, ex striker of Newcastle Caio Vinicius, while Emerson will be out as has been eliminated in the game against Botafogo. Rafael Sobis, Andrezinho are injured from Inter side. Home win here, no fear of taking it now. Coritiba vs Inter home win 2.63 with StanJames

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Flamengo has so far 1 win and 3 draws. Remember that last season they were close to relegation as they were making to many draws and couldn't win. Louxembourgo have been bought here for teaching the team how to win and to save it. Flamengo is the most beloved team in Brasil with 35 millions suppoorters. This is a derby of Rio de Janeiro, but will be played on Engenhao, home of Botafogo as Maracana is under construction for 2014. For sure the stadium will be full with Flamengo supporters. Flamengo must win, despite the fact that Botafogo made some good games in last period. Botafogo had good results indeeed, but the game play was poor. Besides they had in last game a golden opportunity as they have benefit of an elimination of a polayer from Coritiba and managed to come back from 0-1. Flamengo to win is the call here. Flamengo vs Botafogo home win @ 2.00 with Ladbrokers

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Fluminense and Bahia will be meeting on Engenha in Saturday night and the home side must win. They have 3 wins and 1 draw in the history against Bahia on home ground + 3 draws away. Just once they have covered this AH imposed here. Fluminense is having 2 wins and 2 defeats. Tecnico Abel Braga will want to change this fact, will want to give more confidence to the former champions and will want to get a win here, a noatble one. With players like Fred and Rafael Moura is not hard to do it. Deco and Conca should give to the team the freshness that this one awaits from them. Bahia lost 0-2 to Gremio, but could have been easily 6-1 for Gremistas in that game. I think Flu can go in this AH easily. Hope that my bad luck has been consumed already ... Fluminense vs Bahia home -1.5 Ah 2.20 with Sbobet

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Ceara vs Sao Paolo home +0.25 AH @ 1.90 with Sbobet No one can convince me that Sao Paolo will make it here as the 5th win in a row! Never happened 4 in the history of Brasileirao so I think they will remain to that. In fact is very hard to play in Fortaleza. Last visit here was a defeat. Maybe now they will manage to get a draw. Ceara plays well, knows how to approach the games with this Big teams in Brasil and I am fully confident they will stay unbeaten. Juicy odds must admit!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Gremio vs Vasco away + 0.75 AH @ 2.05 with 188bet Vasco will need to get points here. Gremio had problems this season against big teams in Brazil and I am sure they will have a tough game here. Eder Luis and Elton are two strikers very good on counters and the return in Brasil of Juninho Pernambucano could offer us some great goals from free kicks. Gremio lost his goleador Jonas in the summer to Valencia, still is a team that attacks, but I am afraid that Douglas will not be enough in this one!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Figueirense vs Atletico Paranaense away +0.5 AH @ 2.11 with 188bet Medium stakes on this one! Paranaense has just 1 point but goes to a field were has a pretty good record: 2 defeats, 3 draws and 2 wins. Figueira looks good this season, but I really think there will be trouble for them in this game. Atletico will fight for saving a situation that tends to be critical. Another game win after that we might here about a sacking of a coach. Palmeiras was lucky to get 3 points home with Atletico. Will Figueira be also?

Saturday 18 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Esporte Clube Bahia (22:30 BST) 1.4 4.8 9.5 102.79 %
Sunday 19 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif América Futebol Clube-MG v Cruzeiro EC (01:00 BST) 4.5 3.75 1.9 101.27 %
maximize.gif Ceará SC v São Paulo FC (20:00 BST) 3.3 3.4 2.3 103.19 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v Atlético Paranaense (20:00 BST) 1.9 3.6 4.5 102.38 %
maximize.gif Flamengo v Botafogo FR (20:00 BST) 2 3.5 4.2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Vasco da Gama (20:00 BST) 1.75 3.6 5.5 103.10 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v Avaí FC (20:00 BST) 1.53 4.1 7.5 102.94 %
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Atlético Goianiense (22:30 BST) 1.75 3.6 5.5 103.10 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v SC Internacional (22:30 BST) 2.62 3.45 2.72 103.85 %