** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May To be honest its a tough game to call, Barca have all the tools in their attack whilst United have the meanest defence in the competition! That said, as a slightly biased scouser, my bets are going to be as follows (all pretty much novelty bets) Park Ji Sung 1st G/S and Barcelona win 3-1 @ 340/1 (bet365) Nemanja Vidic 1st G/S and Barcelona win 3-1 @ 500/1 (bet365) Park Ji Sung anytime scorer and Barcelona win 3-1 @ 100/1 (bet365) Half time Man United/Full time Barcelona @ 20/1 (bet365) Over 2.5 Goals at 13/10 (bet365) Got a feeling United are going to start well and attack from the off, just have this feeling they are going to take the lead before being clawed back slowly as Barca pile on the pressure in the second half!! Not great reasoning sorry, more of an hunch! Good luck!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May ONE MORE FOR LUCK! Edwin Van Der Sar for Man of the Match @ 12/1 (bet365) His last game for United, and before he retires from football! Hes going to be busy with all the talent Barca have in the attacking third! Sentimental values may also come into play... worth a small punt

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May

100 pound on inniesta first goal scorer at paddy power 12/1' date=' a no lose gamble in my eyes, with the money back offer[/quote'] You do realize if Barca lose or draw in 90mins, you lose your hundred pounds... Not worth staking that much with the chance of them drawing being quite high as well....

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May

You do realize if Barca lose or draw in 90mins' date=' you lose your hundred pounds... Not worth staking that much with the chance of them drawing being quite high as well....[/quote'] already got barca at 2/1 to win champions league which more than covers the 100 pound, not that man united will get any form of a result inside 90 minutes, they will do well to keep it to a 2 goal margin

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May Sorry to post so late; a hour for the match to start. Over 12 corners looks like a value bet at 16/5 at William Hill. Remember, there is a reasonably good chance of the match going into extra time and if so, that extra 30 mins might push the corners to over 12. Even within 90 mins I feel that with all the attacking Barca normally do, there is a likelihood of the total going beyond 12 corners. Being a final especially in the closing stages of the match there will be a lot of shots on goal and sometimes in pressure situations one corner can lead to three! Good luck all!

Sorry to post so late; a hour for the match to start. Over 12 corners looks like a value bet at 16/5 at William Hill. Remember, there is a reasonably good chance of the match going into extra time and if so, that extra 30 mins might push the corners to over 12. Even within 90 mins I feel that with all the attacking Barca normally do, there is a likelihood of the total going beyond 12 corners. Being a final especially in the closing stages of the match there will be a lot of shots on goal and sometimes in pressure situations one corner can lead to three! Good luck all!
Just wanted to point out that the bet you are taking on over 12 corners is only for the 90 minutes and this does NOT include any extra time corners that may be racked up. GL with your bet :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May The preferred Abidal at left defense Barcelona, ​​with Puyol to remain on the bench and Mascherano to take place next to Piquet in stoppers. In the United Hernandez will be on top of the attack with Rooney behind him, while Fabio won the battle by the 'CAM and is on the right of defense. Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes - D. Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Abidal - Xavi, Bouskets, Iniesta - Pedro, Messi, Villa. Manchester C. (4-4-1-1): Van der Saar - Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park - Rooney - Hernandez. MANUTDBARCA.jpg

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigWheelerDealer viewpost.gif Sorry to post so late; a hour for the match to start. Over 12 corners looks like a value bet at 16/5 at >William Hill. Remember, there is a reasonably good chance of the match going into extra time and if so, that extra 30 mins might push the corners to over 12. Even within 90 mins I feel that with all the attacking Barca normally do, there is a likelihood of the total going beyond 12 corners. Being a final especially in the closing stages of the match there will be a lot of shots on goal and sometimes in pressure situations one corner can lead to three! Good luck all!
Just wanted to point out that the bet you are taking on over 12 corners is only for the 90 minutes and this does NOT include any extra time corners that may be racked up. GL with your bet :ok Are you sure? I've just rechecked the market and it clearly states ''For the match''. Where the market is for 90 mins, there is a clear mention of this. So I think my bet will stand for the duration of the match. I'm going to double-check with a WillHill trader now. Thanks for pointing this out though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigWheelerDealer viewpost.gif Sorry to post so late; a hour for the match to start. Over 12 corners looks like a value bet at 16/5 at >William Hill. Remember, there is a reasonably good chance of the match going into extra time and if so, that extra 30 mins might push the corners to over 12. Even within 90 mins I feel that with all the attacking Barca normally do, there is a likelihood of the total going beyond 12 corners. Being a final especially in the closing stages of the match there will be a lot of shots on goal and sometimes in pressure situations one corner can lead to three! Good luck all!
Just wanted to point out that the bet you are taking on over 12 corners is only for the 90 minutes and this does NOT include any extra time corners that may be racked up. GL with your bet :ok Are you sure? I've just rechecked the market and it clearly states ''For the match''. Where the market is for 90 mins, there is a clear mention of this. So I think my bet will stand for the duration of the match. I'm going to double-check with a WillHill trader now. Thanks for pointing this out though...
Been betting on the corner markets for a good 4 years now with varying betting sites. I am 100% sure its only for the 90 mins even if it is not clearly stated so. :ok

Why is it the bigger the game the more shite talking that goes on around here ? There have been 3 games this week played in the Nations Cup in Dublin between teams in the British Isies who most people on here are really familiar with and all 3 games were easy to call regarding straight wins ,I won money on 2 out of 2 bets placed and on the forum for these matches there was hardly any post. This match between United and Barca is so hard to call yet people are gonna throw money away on it just because they want to have more of an interest in the biggest game of football on the planet this year. Anyway I'm going to be a big hypocrite now and tell you the bet I'm going for. (I'm not placing this bet because I want to have more of an interest in this massive game, no , my motive is to win money and I am really familiar with these 2 teams and also the competition) Too hard to call a winner because I feel SAF is more prepared this time, United more experienced this time and are definitly worth a goal. Barcelona just don't fail to score even when they play bad (0-0 with depor don't count, had their B team out) , so Both Teams To Score , Evens @ Paddys Good Luck to everybody:ok
Done and Dusted and it's not even half time

I am so with you on this. Just gonna throw in some more statistics that I found. 11 out of 12 of Barcelona's games have gone Under 10.5 Corners. Barcelona's games are producing an average of about 7 corners per game. 8 out of 12 of Man Utd's games have gone Under 10.5 Corners. Man Utd's games are producing an average of about 10 corners per game. 10pts Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.62 StanJames 4pts Under 9.5 Corners @ 1.95 Bet365 GL all :hope
Total 6 corners in the game... Bets easily come in, about 10pts of profit.... Gratz to all winners :nana:nana:nana

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May Did i do something wrong since my in-play cards bet wasnt refunded? I know there is 2 hour timeline for refund but it already moved to settled bets. :unsure

Did i do something wrong since my in-play cards bet wasnt refunded? I know there is 2 hour timeline for refund but it already moved to settled bets. :unsure
I doubt there is anything wrong. Just wait it out. Your bet losing has been settled correctly as it did lose I am guessing. Wait for 2 hours and if nothing has been refunded into your account then contact them :ok

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Barcelona v Manchester United
Selection Over 3.5
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 4.60
Reasoning We've got a Champions League final tonight! Arguably, this the most important match of the season for any European club and both would do anything to lift the trophy. I'm not touching the sides. I think that Barcelona are probably the best team in the world but United can make it tight too and win the trophy. The Red Devils have got plenty team chemistry lately, and I would say that they're even better than they used to be a few years ago when Ronaldo was playing. Barca, on the other hand, are well-known for their striking force and their "tiki-taka" that usually stuns their opponents. The match is of a crucial importance, that's not an issue, but we've got two striking forces on the other hand. Messi & co can score anytime, against any defence. United defence is hugely overrated in my opinion. They should have conceded more goals so far in this competition and their defence has been flimpsy at times, as well as in the Premier league. But they can score. According to some news, Rooney will start up front while Nani and Hernadez will start from the bench. I think I know exactly what Sir Alex is interested to do. He wants to rest them for the first half when nothing will be decided yet, and throw them in attack later in the second half when Barca players will be more tired and these guys will run more fast thus, hiting on the break and creating mess up-front. Barca, on the other hand, is such a team that can score even from the first minutes. Anything can happen and it will be down to a lot of things. One thing I am sure is that this total has been set too low. 2.25 is not a total for Barca - United. No matter how important the match is, but the losing team will throw everything up-front in order to equalize, and this could lead to even more goals. Possesionally, or on the break, but one of them will score.
congrats man :clap:clap:clap

Very lenient ref. Frustrating for those who backed the bookings.
Yep, I'm gutted. Valencia should have been booked at least 3 times! Grrrrr. He had about 3 warnings before he was carded! 30 booking points in the end..could have done with another two! :wall

Yeah' date=' Messi man of the match! :ok[/quote'] Thought so, I think his goal separated his performance from that of Xavi.

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May In addition to betting a quarter of my (small, but increasing roll) on the Both Teams to Score bet - which I think was actually superbly fortunate to come in, after 20-25 mins of the game it was there for all to see that there could only be one winner, such was Barca's growing dominance, I decided to lump on at Even money. Doubled-up and almost hit my target for the month in my first month of a new betting plan. Congrats to all who cashed. Quite a few 3-1's paid out this morning already in the bookies.

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May Very successful night :D! Being a Barcelona fan, it was an amazing night, before I get to the betting sides of things, just to see them playing so well and winning the champions league of course! Paddy Power's Money-Back Special worked a treat returning ALL of my money from losing bets and then onto the bets I did win .. Draw HT Barca FT :clap .. Pedro First Goal :clap .. and Correct Score 3-1 :clap! Just on my previous posts, I did say not to underestimate Villa or Pedro despite any statistics or their goalscoring form leading up to this match. I said I wouldn't like chances to fall their way and I was proved right :). And for those who thought Villa didn't even deserve a place in the starting line-up, his goal just showed you his class and hopefully silenced a few of his critics for a little while :) Well done to everyone who had a successful night :clap Viva el Barcaaaaaaaa :nana

Re: UEFA Champions League Final: FC Barcelona v Manchester United - Saturday 28th May Hey guys. New to the punters lounge although have been betting for quite a while. I was wondering how the hell "yiddo" had guaranteed profit of £414 before the players even walked onto the pitch. Would love to know more, cheers :)

Hey guys. New to the punters lounge although have been betting for quite a while. I was wondering how the hell "yiddo" had guaranteed profit of £414 before the players even walked onto the pitch. Would love to know more' date=' cheers :)[/quote'] If the prices move before kick-off, you can for instance back at given price and lay later on at a lower price eg. back €1 @evens, lay €1.33 @1.5--whatever happens you bag 0.33€ in.

If the prices move before kick-off' date=' you can for instance back at given price and lay later on at a lower price eg. back €1 @evens, lay €1.33 @1.5--whatever happens you bag 0.33€ in.[/quote'] So its like, backing say Man Utd to win before the game. Then maybe as an example they take the lead and you back Barca to win. So when Man Utd are in the lead you bet on Barca to win (odds would be good) so that you're guaranteed profit, is that what you're saying? I'm guessing you put half on a win and half on a draw in case its a draw?

So its like' date=' backing say Man Utd to win before the game.[/quote'] No, because you also lay them, @1.5 in my example. 1. If United wins, the backing bet wins (+ €1) but the laying bet loses (- €0.67, ie. half of €1.33). Net profit + €0.33. 2. If Barca wins or draws, the backing bet loses (- €1) but the laying bet wins (+ €1.33). Net profit + €0.33. The sure profit comes from the lower price for the lay, which can happen when the market moves. Going for this strategy is called trading; a trader doesn't gamble on the result of the event, as he only tries to take advantage of prices movements.