** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts: Playoffs

kevshat

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs Just the one for me in the semi finals. 4pts R.Barneveld to beat G.Anderson 6/4 Skybet This price is too big on Barneveld for me. When he's in the right mood he's still the second best player in the world and we've seen in the majority of this event that he's in the right mood at the minute. It's not just his results which have impressed through the majority of this tournament but it's how relaxed he's looked along with that. He made an interesting quote about needing knockout darts to play his best stuff and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that. We've seen in events like the Grand Slam and the World Cup that he's struggled in group matches but when we go to the knockouts it's game on as his record in the UK Open, Matchplay and World Grand Prix would suggest. For as much as I love watching Gary Anderson as a darts player and how I'm certain he'll become the best player in the world in time the facts are he still can't hit a pressure double with regular assurance to save his life. He's one of those few players who if they have one dart at a double for a 3 dart combo you expect him to get it but when he has 3 for a double you don't. I'm sure Anderson will come out with a barrage of 180's as is his ultra strength but Barney has hit an insane amount of 140's in this tournament and they will keep him in the legs and if it comes down to a straight shootout on the outer ring there's only one winner and he doesn't wear a kilt and talk with an accent nobody can understand. The general consensus is Anderson will outscore Barneveld which he'll have to do and ok he's hit double the 180's in the tournament that Barney has but Barney leads 233 to 195 on ton plus shots and an incredible 139-113 on 140+ shots so it's not actually a given Anderson will outscore him. I think Barney's scoring perfectly well enough to stay in this one and I think at 6/4 he's one of the best bets of the tournament here especially when you factor in he's already won their two league meetings. I wouldn't have Barney too far off being favourite here so 6/4 is huge. This could be as short as 11/10 or even Evs when they start their walkons but I'm more than happy to get stuck into the 6/4.

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs For the first time in a long time I'm actually going to sit out of Premier League Darts betting. I have blacklisted Adrian Lewis ever since he drew with Terry Jenkins two months ago. Despite me thinking Taylor is going to wipe the floor with him tomorrow, I can't even think about getting on him to win at 1.17. Likewise the handicap, generally set at -3.5 scares me a little. In the 2nd game, I initially thought Overs on the 180's and was surprised to see the 7.5 line offered at EVS in places but my mind was cast back to last week where Adrian Lewis faced Anderson in a match I thought was certified Overs and there were only 5. I sense a nervy encounter tomorrow and thus limited maximums . Wise thing to do will be to just watch and enjoy this week as I really can see anything happening. No bet for me this week. Good luck to all involved.

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs That was annoying. I'll be quick with a bet for the 3rd placed playoff. 6pts P.Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat R.Barneveld 8/11 Sportingbet Putting it simply Barneveld can't be Taylor. He knows it he even admits it. Barney's just missed a raft of doubles against Anderson and he usually goes even more to pieces against Taylor. Maybe with next to nothing on it Barney might have a go but there wasn't a whole lot on their league meetings and he never got close. Taylor by a big margin for me.

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs Top quality darts from those two matches there with both underdogs prevailing in my eyes. Taken two in the interim. Taylor -3.5 @ 5/6 and Lewis @ 11/10. Reasoning is pretty much self explanatory. I don't envisage Barney to bounce back from a fifth straight Premier League semi-final defeat to cause Taylor two many problems with about 15minutes rest. Likewise, Lewis was throwing magical darts earlier. Anderson can't hit doubles to save his life and with the form Adrian was in earlier, he'll be punished for the misses more often than not. Taken with moderate stakes at Boyles.

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs Despite that the prices are the wrong way around for the final. 6pts A.Lewis to beat G.Anderson 11/10 Blue Square 4pts Over 10.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square Adrian Lewis looked ultra classy in his semi final with heavy scoring and solid checking out and I see this going the same way as the World Championship final. I expect it to be close, contain several 180's but when push comes to shove Lewis will win it. Anderson will want some revenge here but he doesn't hit his doubles anything like crisp enough for my liking. He's already missed a stack of them but Barney somehow missed more. Taylor never got a look in against Lewis because Lewis was too good. The two hit 13 180's between them in their semi final so the 180's line looks a bit low while the price on the world champion looks a tough high. Lewis and 11 180's for me.

Re: Premier League Darts: Playoffs That was one of the worst darts night's betting of all time. Don't have too many these days but when I do I make sure they are utter shambles :sad. Barney should've brought in the first bet but then Taylor never cared in the 2nd bet. It was the beating Taylor curse vs the winning 2nd semi curse in the final and the wrong curse was broken and Lewis couldn't even keep it close enough for the 180's to land. Complete shambles from me. Gives me a couple of things to think about and tighten up on before the UK Open which I usually do ok in. Roll on Bolton :ok.