** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL - Round 10

Lahrio

Dragons HT/FT @ 2.00 (Sportsbet) The Dragons are playing ridiculously good at the moment. Their defence looks unbreakable at times, and this has shown with two shut-outs in recent weeks. I doubt they will be able to hold the Dogs scoreless, but I think they will at least be able to keep their attack under control. Soward will also be looking to put in another star performance to boost his Origin chances. To put things in perspective a bit, Thurston's try against the Dragons in the last few minutes last weekend marked the end of 172 minutes where the Dragons hadn't conceded a single try. 172 minutes! The Dragons haven't conceded a first half try since they played Newcastle in round 4. And one last stat, the match between these teams in Round 5 ended 25-6 (9-0 HT) to the Dragons. Brisbane -5.5pts @ 2.00 (Sportsbet) Brisbane 13+ @ 2.70 (Sportsbet) I've just been talking about the Dragons defence, well Brisbane aren't much worse. In fact, they are the second best team in the competition when it comes to defence. If we then take a look at the Panthers, they are the second worst attacking side in the competition. It makes me wonder where Penrith are going to get any points? I can only seeing this being a lop-sided affair, and while Brisbane didn't cover the 13+ when they met earlier in the season, they still won pretty easily.

Re: NRL - Round 10 Storm 13+ @ 1.72 (Sportbet) This one is pretty obvious. Canberra don't look like scoring even after multiple sets on an opponents line and Melbourne are the best attacking side in the competition. John Mackay, a Canberra Raiders board member, came out earlier in the week claiming Canberra would have to lose another 30 in a row before they consider sacking the coach. A ridiculous statement which shows there is no accountability at the club. Add to this, Canberra haven't beaten the Storm in Melbourne since 2000, and I expect that run to continue tonight. This could get really embarrassing for Canberra.

Re: NRL - Round 10 Wests -9.5pts @ 1.95 (Sportsbet) I haven't been impressed with Souths this season, even when they have had their full squad available. With a number of their stars out with injury I can't see them matching the Tigers. I expect a double digit winning margin for the Tigers. Cowboys -7.5pts @ 1.92 (Sportsbet) Cowboys have been one of the best teams this year, and they are coming up against the Eels who have been struggling to score points this year. Not many sides can withstand an onslaught from Thurston and Bowen like the Dragons managed to do last weekend. Hayne is back for the Eels this weekend and will be looking to make a statement for the Origin #1 jersey, although he doesn't have a partner in crime like Thurston does. Thurston is back to his scintillating best form and it should be on show against the struggling Eels this weekend.

Re: NRL - Round 10 Warriors @ 2.13 centrebet Knights without Gidley which is a big loss for them as they face an in form Warriors side that has won 5 of their last 6 games. They have also won on the road in Melbourne and the Gold Coast as well as in Newcastle in the corresponding fixture last year, so they will go into this game with confidecne. They have won 6 of the last 7 meetings between the two sides and can see them winning yet again Sharks @ 2.80 centrebet Both teams are struggling for form and though Carney returns for the Roosters, too much hype around him and expect Gallen for the Sharks, who has just been appointed the NSW origin captain to be the game winner here, as can see him lifting his side to a win. They beat them both games last year, as well as 3 of the last 5 meetings, and though they may lack the talent that the Roosters have, they do play well as a side and for each other, so like this to be the difference in the game.

Re: NRL - Round 10 Sea Eagles win by 1-12 margin @ 3.00 pinnacle With all the upsets this round, Manly are in a position to make a jump into equal 2nd spot on the ladder with a win here as they have been playing pretty well of late, while the Titans have been inconsistent. Though Monday nights have seent the underdogs win most of the games, the Sea Eagles are in a position to stop that trend, as like Stewart to continue his try scoring form, while King will be up for a big game up front as he looks to justify his Origin selection. While Manly play pretty much mistake free rugby, the Titans have been guilty of too many mistakes and until they rectify this, hard to take them with confidence. The Titans are tough to beat at home but like the Sea Eagles to do enough to edge them out here

Re: NRL - Round 10 It's a tricky one to predict with certainty, tonight, particularly with Brett Stewart ruled out (replaced by Wolfman Williams & Hopoate moving to FB). Gold Coast have been awful, with rumoured discord within the team. Home ground advantage is usually worth a few points but, for the GC to win, Prince has to exert more influence than he has in recent weeks. Even without Stewart, Manly should be too strong and I will be backing them to continue their recent momentum (including their showing in T'ville which, although a loss, doesn't detract from their appeal here). Taking 1-12 (like BC) @ 3.05 and to win by > 6.5 @ 2.10, both at Sportsbet.