** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series

kevshat

Having played out their limited overs series test cricket finally returns on Thursday as West Indies host Pakistan in a two test series. Often some decent reddies to me made on test matches in the Caribbean and I'm sure this will be no different. Both matches are live in full on Sky. Schedule:

Thu May 12 - Mon May 16 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST 1st Test - West Indies v Pakistan Providence Stadium, Guyana 38.png 22 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Fri May 20 - Tue May 24 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST 2nd Test - West Indies v Pakistan Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
N/A

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series Never really see the point of a two-match test series but we'll save that argument for another day. There's a 60% of rain on all 5 days of this test match too so I'm not going too crazy with the stakes. The draw is being priced at odds-on with some bookies which tells how much rain will probably play a part. One for the opener: - 5pts Player Performance: Mohammad Hafeez 99&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] This guy is in the form of his life. He had a brilliant end to the World Cup and he has seamlessly carried that through to the recent limited overs series these two played out in recent weeks. He is now a fundamental part of this Pakistan side with both the bat and the ball and with that in mind, I think 99 points is well within his reach should the rain let up. I wouldn't put it past him taking four wickets over the two innings on a track that has aided spin in the past and fresh of the back of his maiden ODI century the other day, I can equally see runs flowing off the bat early up. The rules state this regarding player performance bets on 365:

In Test and County Championship matches, the whole match counts. In drawn games a minimum of 200 overs must be bowled, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined.
With three viable scoring methods, 200 overs could even be more than enough for Hafeez to clear this so I'll have a little nibble early doors on him to do just that.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series One outright in this series for me. 1pt A.Ali Top Pakistan Batsman 5/1 Bet365 Azhar Ali has made a solid start to his test career and with no Younis Khan in this series initially he will be needed to glue the innings together. He looks like he's going to bat 3 in this side and I think these conditions will suit him down to the ground. The ball isn't going to hoop all over the place and if it turns then he plays spin very well. This Pakistan batting line up is getting better and better as regular cricket comes along for them but they've played a lot of limited overs cricket recently and it may take some an innings or two to adjust. Ali never played in the one day matches so he should be spot on and at 5/1 I'll take the solid right hander to top score for Pakistan over their 4 innings in this series.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series Managed to catch one before them before they went offline and will play with one for the 2nd Test. Hafeez amalgamated a measly 6 runs from two innings in the 1st Test so I am looking to my main man Ravi to pull that back up. - 6pts Player Performance: Ravi Rampaul 90&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] I've been impressed with Rampaul ever since the latter stages of the World Cup. He's been in and out of this West Indies side for the last five years but he's finally looking like the player the WICB first saw when they picked him years ago. He took an impressive 7/75 in the 1st Test match and scored a gritty 16 runs along the way with him, Devendra Bishoo and Kemar Roach forming vital partnerships towards at the end of the 1st Innings. He bowls some top lines and lengths and despite him being a tad on the fat side. The pitch here is expected to largely favour the West Indies seam attack after Saeed Ajmal single handedly merked all of their batsmen last time out. That can only work in Rampaul's favour and with cloud clover forecasted on each of the five days, I think 5 match wicket's is well within reach. If rain comes into play then the above rules apply but I think Ravi has what it takes to see this off amid any disruptions.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series Azhar Ali is second in the series leaderboards right now so fingers crossed he has a good last innings and Umar fails. Some nice sixes from Ravi at the end of Day 2 means he only requires 15pts to take this one with the whole Pakistan 2nd innings to come and the rest of his current innings.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Test Series Wonder what the odds would've been on Kemar Roach and Ravi Rampaul placing in the top three for the Windies :loon Either way Rampaul's 32* with 3 wickets and a catch mean this is rapped up already. +0.00 for the series!