** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Eurovision

i had a punt on ireland to win the eurovision song contest the end of april when i found out jedward were in the driving seat to represent ireland, the only reason i did this was because i thought 40/1 was way too big odds for these guys who seem to have the abilitity to attract attention and put on a show, over the last week the odds have been absolutely slashed with all bookies, and are currently as short as 4/1 with some bookies, if they get through tomorrows semi finals as they are expected to at this rate we cant rule them out from being favourite on the night and possibly even odds on, is this just an over-reaction from the bookies in england, because surely jedward do not have that much of a chance of winning it, i certainly wouldnt back them at current odds

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Eurovision I've been following the build up for a bit now as its becoming more and more 'predictable' year on year. I seriously think that Estonia have a chance. They are around 3rd favourites with most bookies and are 8/1 with Sky Bet. The song is pretty well received, similar sort of feel to last year's winner and the singer is fit as fcuk! Also think Blue might get a top 10 finish.

Re: Eurovision

I've been following the build up for a bit now as its becoming more and more 'predictable' year on year. I seriously think that Estonia have a chance. They are around 3rd favourites with most bookies and are 8/1 with Sky Bet. The song is pretty well received, similar sort of feel to last year's winner and the singer is fit as fcuk! Also think Blue might get a top 10 finish.
so what do you make of the massive surge in jedward support?

so what do you make of the massive surge in jedward support?
Massive surge? I didnt even know they were in it till you posted so I would hardly say there has been a nationwide gamble. I would go as far as to say that if they are in it, theres a better chance they will finish last. Eurovision is pretty prententious at the best of times, and surely Jedward would be seen as taking the piss? Personally, I cannot think of a more irritating, and annoying pair of tossers in the whole world....

Re: Eurovision True, I wouldn't mind seeing both Jed and ward :tongue2 crucified but the OP has a point...they are exactly the sort of thing that Eurovision audiences will go for. Ireland are pretty neutral in terms of politics too (compared to the UK!) and their cheeziness may work very well for them. The mainland europeans love that sort of shite! Again, I wouldn't be suprised at all with top 10 finish for them. I reckon... 1. Estonia 2. Sweden 3. Germany 4. France 5. UK

Re: Eurovision i bet on anything that represents a chance of making money, just out of interest this is my first ever eurovision bet, but whether its football, tennis, horse racing, x factor, britains got talent- if theres money to be made ill make it :)

Massive surge? I didnt even know they were in it till you posted so I would hardly say there has been a nationwide gamble.
Remember they're up for representing Ireland :ok Doubtful we'd have heard about it too much. And, yeah, they are pretty popular amongst a certain section of society.

Massive surge? I didnt even know they were in it till you posted so I would hardly say there has been a nationwide gamble. I would go as far as to say that if they are in it, theres a better chance they will finish last. Eurovision is pretty prententious at the best of times, and surely Jedward would be seen as taking the piss? Personally, I cannot think of a more irritating, and annoying pair of tossers in the whole world....
Ant and Dec ?

Surely backing them at 40's is good' date=' Now lay them at 4's for certain profit[/quote'] dont really do all that laying against bets made, but just so i understand how it works, isnt it better to lay them the shorter there odds become? meaning its better til i wait til they get through there semi tonight and shorten in to around evens>?

Re: Eurovision youl get better odds on me taking out those two rockets with 2 clean head shots, and anybody that promotes them in any way shape of form should be arse raped by sex offenders from various prisons around the world. However mind and stick down a few quid with your local bookie that both of them are killed live from a single head shot before their jumping about like a couple of fecking monkeys and calling it a performance. Ice Ice Bang ! Bang ! school-shooting-3_997375i.jpg

One of my pet hates this. Look at me, I have xx/1 on this selection... oh but the price is now 1/10 of what I have. Pointless much?
looooooooooooooooooooooool they were still available at 6/1 when i first made this post, and still days before the semi final, hardly just about to be crowned eurovision winners!

Re: Eurovision I've been speaking since all the way through this mate: Points that make sense: 1) Jedward are a pair of cnuts 2) Noone likes them 3) Eurovision is a shit thing to bet on 4) Laying a £10 bet is pointless Seriously - this would be better placed in the Glory Hunters forum the way you are going on about it....

Re: Eurovision Well for me, £10 @ 40/1 = £400 + £10 stake return Lay a Evs for £100 = Pay out £100 if they win, so you still have a £300 profit If they lose you get £100 -5% = £95 + £100 returned stake, So a profit of £85 with your original £10 stake deducted Hope that makes sense :ok