** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May

Tuesday 10 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Deportivo La Coruña v Athletic Bilbao (19:00 BST) 2.4 3.6 3.35 99.30 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Real Sporting de Gijon (20:00 BST) 1.8 3.73 5.7 99.91 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Atlético Madrid (20:00 BST) 3.5 3.56 2.3 100.14 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Getafe (21:00 BST) 1.25 7.5 15.5 99.76 %
Wednesday 11 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Levante UD v FC Barcelona (19:00 BST) 14 5.5 1.34 99.95 %
maximize.gif Real Sociedad v Real Zaragoza (19:00 BST) 2.26 3.6 3.6 99.80 %
maximize.gif UD Almería v Villarreal (19:00 BST) 5.6 4.1 1.7 100.75 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v Valencia (20:00 BST) 3.1 3.65 2.5 99.66 %
maximize.gif Hercules CF v Real Mallorca (20:00 BST) 2.25 3.45 3.58 101.36 %
maximize.gif Osasuna v Sevilla (21:00 BST) 2.26 3.61 3.45 100.93 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Malaga -Sporting Gijon This a clash between two teams who needs a few more points to be safe from relegation. Malaga is 3 points ahead of danger zone and Sporting Gijon 4 points. Malaga got extremely hard schedule in last 2 weeks, first they go to Athletic Bilbao and in the last game they will play Barcelona at home. Surely Barcelona will be champions before that game but it's never easy to beat Barcelona, especially when they will play relaxed, even with a B team. Sporting Gijon coach M. Preciado usually rotates squad a little bit during the week games and should do the same today, because they have very important match at home on Sunday against Santander and Hercules away on the last day. Malaga has full squad available, only goalkeeper Asenjo is long-term missing. Gijon is without Diego Castro, Sastre and Cuellar. Malaga is in great form winning 13 of last 15 points available, especially with the help from Baptista and Rondon. With all the facts written above my bet is Malaga win at 1.72, bet365

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May

Real will play this game WITHOUT Casilias or dudek.. Important you know before betting... This means a +2.5 is a nice bet I guess??
Yeah, any La Liga experts give any insight in to the Real game? :ok

Real will play this game WITHOUT Casilias or dudek.. Important you know before betting... This means a +2.5 is a nice bet I guess??
or maybe both teams to score..be more chance of getafe scoreing if no num1 or even num2 GK in goal surely...mite be risky but like barca with pinto..normaly they concede goals when hes in goal and same with beto for porto.....should be intresting to see if odds drop or go higher

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Gijon has the 3rd best defence in the league if you look at conceded goals and have only lost 4 out of 19 games this year. Have in mind 0-1 against Real Madrid. Diego Castro only first-team injury. It's a 6pts game and I think this match should be closer. Gijon 5.94 @ Pinnacle

real fan to the bone here :ok SQUAD LIST: Goalkeepers: Adan, Tomas Mejias, Jesus Defenders: Carvalho, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Albiol, Garay Midfielders: Granero, Lass, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Canales, Pedro Leon Forwards: Adebayor, Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema well the 2,5+ bet makes sense, but not because of adan !!! adan is young and great... had been in play for a few games and he did a great job :nana a handicap would have more value... in my humble opinion, getafe has to play. no doubt. but u have to consider how madrid plays, when they have nothing to play for... remmeber valencia? sevilla? they got punished like hell.. valencia could have gone like 1:8 because of 2 offsides :D what a joke... this is getafe...a small club, with not really great players... real is always hungry... 0:1 , possible 0:2 handicap seems nice... higher just for fun :gimme :cheers and remember ronaldo has to score a few goals...so little messi wont get the golden thingy :nana :ok

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May What does anyone think of Santander-Atletico to go over 2.5? Santander are 4 points above the drop and therefore somewhat safe, but not entirely. They have won their last two games and have a decent home record. I know nothing of them as a team or how they operate though. I watched Atletico at the weekend when they for trashed 3-0 by Malaga. Two goals came from out wide so that may be something Santander could look to exploit. According to the info I read they are without Perea and Godin in defence which would also help. Historically you always fancy Atletico to both score and concede in a match and they need to try and cement their EL place. Kun and Forlan are both available which is obviously good. I know that Ujfalusi is chronically slow at the back and if Santander have any pace they could try and exploit that. All in all I quite fancy this bet, even though the odds are right on the cusp of where I'd leave it alone. Currently 1.80 at Bet365. Am I missing anything crucial?

What does anyone think of Santander-Atletico to go over 2.5? Santander are 4 points above the drop and therefore somewhat safe, but not entirely. They have won their last two games and have a decent home record. I know nothing of them as a team or how they operate though. I watched Atletico at the weekend when they for trashed 3-0 by Malaga. Two goals came from out wide so that may be something Santander could look to exploit. According to the info I read they are without Perea and Godin in defence which would also help. Historically you always fancy Atletico to both score and concede in a match and they need to try and cement their EL place. Kun and Forlan are both available which is obviously good. I know that Ujfalusi is chronically slow at the back and if Santander have any pace they could try and exploit that. All in all I quite fancy this bet, even though the odds are right on the cusp of where I'd leave it alone. Currently 1.80 at Bet365. Am I missing anything crucial?
It can certainly go over, but Santander is not the team who will go attacking, they're pretty much defending team with lack of decent strikers, so even bad Atletico defense might survive. Santander will try to win, but they won't risk it too much, because even one point would men a lot for them.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May @ ultravires It's an Atletico game so it should be strong contenders for overs. They can't defend (as we saw on the weekend) yet at the same time they can be lethal going foward. Whether 4/5 is calue for the overs away from home is another matter. Santander's home games this season have been a mixture of overs and unders so it's a tough one to call. Good luck with whatever you choose :ok Going with one for tonights fixtures. - 5pts Malaga (vs. Sporting Gijon) @ 3/4 [skybet] Malaga to march on for me. They're on the back of a ridiculous run having won their last four straight games & the best part of that run is that they've only conceded two in the process. Confident wins at home against Mallorca (3-0) and away at Atletico (also 3-0) show the form that they're in and the confidence in their camp. One win would guarantee safety for them and I'm pretty sure they can do it against a stuttering, injury-hit Gijon side. They're also stuck in the relegation dog-fight and have only picked up six points from their last seven away games. They'll be missing a few players too and have some crucial matches to come where I think they'll have a better chance of victory. One of the main reasons Malaga have been performing so well is the newly found form of frontman Julio Baptista. He's scored in six goals in his last four games having scored in every single one of them. Was quite surprised to see him at 15/8 to score anytime so I have taken that at Bet365 too. Home win for me.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Malaga - Gijon = over (1.90) bet365 Malaga position 13° points 42 Gijon position 9° points 43 Preview: Malaga: injured: Ruben Ivan (goalkeeper 7 / 0), Ruben Asenjo (goalkeeper 5 / 0), Rodrigo galacto (goalkeeper 4 / 0), Sergio Cala (midfielder 1 / 0), Javier Malaguena (defender 0 / 0), Patrick Mtiliga (Defender 19 / 0), Helder Rosario (defender 3 / 0). Gijon: injured: Ivan Cuellar (goalkeeper 13 / 0), Rafael Sastre (defender 6 / 0), Diego Castro (midfielder 27 / 9); question: Gaston Sangoy (forward 18 / 2). Malaga has a score in-house w6-d3-l8 goals scored 26 goals against 26 while Gijon has a score out of the house w2-d7-l8 goals scored 12 goals against 24. The Malaga is fighting to avoid relegation. Malaga in the last four games won by teams such as Mallorca, Santander, Hercules, A. Madrid scoring 11 goals and conceding only 2. Finally, the Arabs are carrying investment points to Malaga. Above all, Julio Baptista, including bracing winter, is giving more than one hand for the conquest of salvation. Given the many absences in the department of defense both teams I think it is a game full of goals. :hope:hope:hope

Any threat to Barcelona from Levante? Im concerned about them resting players ahead of the UCL, and have them on a treble, with their result being the decider.
I don't think so. I doubt they'll rest players, as the sooner they get the league won, the sooner they can rotate a bit, for the CL. With that in mind... Barcelona AH -1.5 @ 1.83 (Bet365) Barca ticking along fine now, with their last four away's showing a draw at in-form Seville, win at Villareal, and a draw and win at Real. The 2-1 loss at Sociedad doesn't count, as it was the reserves. Levante's form in general is pretty average at present, and, if as I expect, Barca put in a good performance, I see the home team succumbing by at least two.

- 5pts Malaga (vs. Sporting Gijon) @ 3/4 [skybet] Malaga to march on for me. They're on the back of a ridiculous run having won their last four straight games & the best part of that run is that they've only conceded two in the process. Confident wins at home against Mallorca (3-0) and away at Atletico (also 3-0) show the form that they're in and the confidence in their camp. One win would guarantee safety for them and I'm pretty sure they can do it against a stuttering, injury-hit Gijon side. They're also stuck in the relegation dog-fight and have only picked up six points from their last seven away games. They'll be missing a few players too and have some crucial matches to come where I think they'll have a better chance of victory. One of the main reasons Malaga have been performing so well is the newly found form of frontman Julio Baptista. He's scored in six goals in his last four games having scored in every single one of them. Was quite surprised to see him at 15/8 to score anytime so I have taken that at Bet365 too. Home win for me.
Yeah cheers Kiddo was a pretty good night for me :beerHope you went with the overs too ultravires; Atleti produced goals once again!

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Sevilla FC FT @ 3.70 188bet There's good value here in the odds of Seville which was around 3 something against a Real Madrid.They've manage to score 2 goals against Madrid and now even away from home I still consider them to be undervalue here as was Real Madrid last time against them. Good value here IMO. What do you say guys??

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Levante - Barcelona Barcelona on their way to be champions has to stop in suburbs of Valencia, which is home of Levante. Levante has been in good form recent weeks which brings them much better position in terms of fight against relegation. But they're still not sure in will surely fight to gain some points against Barcelona, even if it is difficult to expect to see something similar than in Real Sociedad - Barcelona game. I don't believe Barcelona will push very hard although a win will mean they're champions. There are no important missings in both sides. For Barcelona even Bojan and Maxwell are coming back. I see the goal line to high. Bet: under 3.25 goals

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Espanyol-Valencia I believe we will some goals in this game tonight. Espanyol is still hoping for european place, while Valencia will try to guarentee third. They're both in good attacking form, especially Osvaldo and Soldado. In last 6 home Espanyol games we saw over 5 time. The same goes for Valencia away. Bet: over 2.5 goals 1.725

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Levante v Barcelona Barcelona 4+ Goals @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes) Messi and Ronaldo are now heavily in competition for the Picichi (La Liga top scorer award) with Ronaldo hot on Messi's toes having netted a hatrick yesterday. Barcelona have all but the title in the bag, and a top priority for Messi is obviously bagging more goals. In addition to this, Barca know they can wrap up the title with a win here and will want to do it in style as they normally do. As previously said, they will want to get the title out of the way so they can start to rest/rotate for the Champions League final at the end of the month. I'm expecting a comprehensive win, maybe 0-4 or 0-5.

Sevilla FC FT @ 3.70 188bet There's good value here in the odds of Seville which was around 3 something against a Real Madrid.They've manage to score 2 goals against Madrid and now even away from home I still consider them to be undervalue here as was Real Madrid last time against them. Good value here IMO. What do you say guys??
Caceres and Rakitic are out till the end of the season. Kanoute just came back after injury, Perotti also returned after injury and was in the group for the Real Madrid game but left on the bench. I don't know what's the situation with Jesus Navas, he has been injured for a few weeks now. All the players I mentioned are key ones and their missings have a negative impact on Sevilla's play. It's the time of the season when relagation teams play for their lives, for example La Coruna and Santander (two teams involved in relegation battle) both won their matches against Europa League contenders yeasterday - Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid. I also put in doubt the desire of some teams to gain Europa League slot because all these Thursday matches are pain in the arse and will only burden teams like Sevilla who will compete with top 4 teams in La Liga for getting Champions League slot next season. Sure Sevilla at these odds are value, yet I am leaning towards Osasuna but will wait for more team news and will decide to back them or stay away from that game before the kick off.

Cacares and Rakitic are out till the end of the season. Kanoute just came back after injury, Perotti also returned after injury and was in the group for the Real Madrid game but left on the bench. I don't know what's the situation with Jesus Navas, he has been injured for a few weeks now. All the players I mentioned are key ones and their missings have a negative impact on Sevilla's play. It's the time of the season when relagation teams play for their lives, for example La Coruna and Santander (two teams involved in relegation battle) both won their matches against Europa League contenders yeasterday - Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid. I also put in doubt the desire of some teams to gain Europa League slot because all these Thursday matches are pain in the arse and will only burden teams like Sevilla who will compete with top 4 teams in La Liga for getting Champions League slot next season. Sure Sevilla at these odds is a value, yet I am leaning towards Osasuna but will wait for more team news and will decide to back them or stay away from that game before the kick off.
Considering backing Osasuna myself; Nekounam and Shojaei are definitely out, the former is a big miss for them. I imagine Soriano will fill in, and he's certainly a fiery character, good for this sort of game. I agree that Sevilla are probably value, but if you look at motivation, injuries and Sevilla's complete inconsistency, I think Osasuna will get the 3 points.

Considering backing Osasuna myself; Nekounam and Shojaei are definitely out' date=' the former is a big miss for them. I imagine Soriano will fill in, and he's certainly a fiery character, good for this sort of game. I agree that Sevilla are probably value, but if you look at motivation, injuries and Sevilla's complete inconsistency, I think Osasuna will get the 3 points.[/quote'] Do you know something about Navas, Sevilla's official website is bloody useless for team news, at least the English edition.

Do you know something about Navas' date=' Sevilla's official website is bloody useless for team news, at least the English edition.[/quote'] Value Navas is out till next season... this's the players manzano took to pamlona Palop, Javi Varas, Fazio, Dragutinovic, Dabo, Bernardo, Escudé, Sergio Sánchez, Zokora, Medel, Renato, Alfaro, Capel, Perotti, Acosta, Kanouté, Koné y Negredo. Very difficult match for the anhdalusians,I think the best opcion is Lay sevilla Good Luck

Do you know something about Navas' date=' Sevilla's official website is bloody useless for team news, at least the English edition.[/quote'] value Navas is out.. this's the player Manzano took to pamplona: Palop, Javi Varas, Fazio, Dragutinovic, Dabo, Bernardo, Escudé, Sergio Sánchez, Zokora, Medel, Renato, Alfaro, Capel, Perotti, Acosta, Kanouté, Koné y Negredo. Very diffilcut match for the andalusians,for me the best opcion is Lay sevilla Good Luck

value Navas is out.. this's the player Manzano took to pamplona: Palop, Javi Varas, Fazio, Dragutinovic, Dabo, Bernardo, Escudé, Sergio Sánchez, Zokora, Medel, Renato, Alfaro, Capel, Perotti, Acosta, Kanouté, Koné y Negredo. Very diffilcut match for the andalusians,for me the best opcion is Lay sevilla Good Luck
Laying Seville @ 4.1? Are you kidding? These are not odds for laying.

Apart from Rakitic and Navas, Seville will be without Caceres and Navarro, important misses in defense. A positive factor for Sevilla’s offensive display is Kanoute’s return.

Regarding Osasuna, I don’t trust in them to be honest. They won against Valencia, after an obvious non-combat of the guests. Last round, Osasuna were incredible lucky in La Romareda They were 1-0 down after 60 min., with Zaragoza missing another 3 big chances in the process.

All in all, Osasuna should have the edge tonight, but, as far as I am concerned, I will just skip any pre-match bet. Waiting for some live action could be an option, as you can make a better idea on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, good luck.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 May Osasuna-Sevilla could be tricky one and could go either way... I think Hercules might win today @ 2.25, Mallorca isnt nothing special this season and Hercules fighted good against Racing but Giovanni was on fire and they god red card as well. I think they will bounce back and coach also said they will go for three points and still got little to play.

Laying Seville @ 4.1? Are you kidding? All in all, Osasuna should have the edge tonight, but, as far as I am concerned, I will just skip any pre-match bet. Waiting for some live action could be an option, as you can make a better idea on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, good luck.

You have a point here, it's all about Sevilla's atitude. If they play the way Valancia played against Osasuna 10 days ago, then I will jump on home win. But we will have to wait for the match to start to see that, if Sevilla go for it even with all these injured players I can hardly see them losing at Reyno de Navarra.