** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 9-15 May

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Very pathetic performance by Soderling. Starts with an impressive break to love and then goes missing. Really hate to see Djokovic keep getting all these stupid opponents. Rafa won't beat him either, because he has got massive fitness issues. Nole to finish the year unbeaten. :unsure

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Greetings Tennis fans....Its been a while for me...I call it a sabatical....I have dipped in once or twice and think you do excellent summaries. Murray V Djorkovic - Murray 7-2 Bet365 Strange bet for me....I never bet on Murray and other than the circumstances regarding Noles unbelievable run I would not at any other time. This run cannot continue....The run in the last two weeks must have taken a huge toll on Noles body...and not to mention the mental fatigue he must be feeling being on the run and beating Nadal on clay in Madrid. Nole is fit...but not an outstanding performance athlete like a Murray or a Nadal.....retired in a lot of matches a few years back....and there were signs against Soderling.... Robin had countless chances in set 1 to take command and failed. Nole looked like he wanted the points to end quickly and Robin had success in the longer exchanges in the early part of the match. But the big swede is too impatiant...and had no change of pace...let alone a slice..Also early in the 2nd set Nole played 4-5 drop shots in the first few games....indicator of mental and physical tiredness... Murray is playing pretty good...since 'another' grand slam defeat in straight sets and the melt down in the following tounamounts...the pressure is off......all of a suden the talk of grandslams...will he.... won't he..... has vanished ( personally don't believe Murray will ever win a big one....) Lets not forget he took a set of a fresh Nadal a few weeks back and caused plenty of issues in the decider. Murray's style is suited also...the slice...changes of pace...drop shots...something Robin and Stan both lack...court cunning....Nole could rely on there pace to generate his pace...against Murray he will have to generate his own pace...always risky...I can see plenty of errors... and I just think his tired body and mind will kick in. Also fitting...as this amazing run started mainly because of the confidence gained from blitzing Murray in the Aussie final..I see Murray to end it...I also think he would rather lose to Murray...than Nadal in the final....He probably does not want to play Nadal again before the french as he has the mental edge after winning in Madrid.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Going for a quadruple in the tennis today. Nadal over Gasquet 1.06 Djokovic over Murray 1.15 Stosur over Li 1.50 Wozniacki over Sharapova 1.55 Total odds $2.83-1. Not the best odds but my money is all in this centrebet account. Nadal should beat Gasquet easily sickness or not. Just too powerful. Djokovic should beat Murray on current form. I'm not concerned about any tiredness Novak may have. Stosur has a 2-0 H2H over Na Li and is in pretty good form. Wozniacki should beat Sharapova as she is playing much better then the player who lost to Sharapova in Rome 2008. Sharapova is playing ok but I can see her error rate start to build up against the very consistant and defensive Wozniacki.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May

Sharapova to bt Azarenka @2.47 Pinnacle By simply comparing the form of both players from the last week, Azarenka comes out as a clear winner. But ... Azarenka is not one of the fittiest ladies on the tour. We all know she faints now and then, and she already retired twice this year (and 7 times last year). She has played a lot of tennis lately, and in her last match against Pavlyuchenkova it was apparent. Pavly was outplaying her in the rallyes, and only because the Russian lacks the shot consistency, and hence makes fatal BIG faults now and then, Aza went through. Also, the match ended about 1 hour after the midnight local time, and I have doubt about whether Azarenka is going to be fully fit today some 18 hours after the tough R16 three setter has been finished. Maria had alot easier match against poor Peer, and in her current form I see the value on the 2.47 odds side. GL :hope
Good call

Greetings Tennis fans....Its been a while for me...I call it a sabatical....I have dipped in once or twice and think you do excellent summaries. Murray V Djorkovic - Murray 7-2 Bet365 Strange bet for me....I never bet on Murray and other than the circumstances regarding Noles unbelievable run I would not at any other time. This run cannot continue....The run in the last two weeks must have taken a huge toll on Noles body...and not to mention the mental fatigue he must be feeling being on the run and beating Nadal on clay in Madrid. Nole is fit...but not an outstanding performance athlete like a Murray or a Nadal.....retired in a lot of matches a few years back....and there were signs against Soderling.... Robin had countless chances in set 1 to take command and failed. Nole looked like he wanted the points to end quickly and Robin had success in the longer exchanges in the early part of the match. But the big swede is too impatiant...and had no change of pace...let alone a slice..Also early in the 2nd set Nole played 4-5 drop shots in the first few games....indicator of mental and physical tiredness... Murray is playing pretty good...since 'another' grand slam defeat in straight sets and the melt down in the following tounamounts...the pressure is off......all of a suden the talk of grandslams...will he.... won't he..... has vanished ( personally don't believe Murray will ever win a big one....) Lets not forget he took a set of a fresh Nadal a few weeks back and caused plenty of issues in the decider. Murray's style is suited also...the slice...changes of pace...drop shots...something Robin and Stan both lack...court cunning....Nole could rely on there pace to generate his pace...against Murray he will have to generate his own pace...always risky...I can see plenty of errors... and I just think his tired body and mind will kick in. Also fitting...as this amazing run started mainly because of the confidence gained from blitzing Murray in the Aussie final..I see Murray to end it...I also think he would rather lose to Murray...than Nadal in the final....He probably does not want to play Nadal again before the french as he has the mental edge after winning in Madrid.
Djorkovic would beat nadal anyday not only has he beaten nadal in the last 3 meetings, nadal has conceded that its only a matter of time before novak takes the number one spot. Deep down novak is desperate to get the number one position from nadal and to do that he has to keep wining which is not possible but he still has too much for murray on clay, if this match was on a hard court i would give a chance to murray considering the fitness level of novak. I think murray would get a set at best nothing more, better yet over 8.5 games is a safer bet.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Dont forget murray getting thrashed by bellucci in madrid, bellucci then lost to djorkovic. bellucci has since been beaten by lorenzi. Novaks body language gives opponents a false sense of security, his opponents get excited and loose concentration like soderling.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Hi guys can anyone explain how the tennis handicaps work? For example I fancy Gasquet to keep it reasonably close and have seen him at evens for +5.5 games, does this mean he has a five game headstart on the total games he wins compared to how many nadal wins? For example if it was 6-4 6-3 it would win? Thanks

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May why are so many people degrading others tips here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and so constructive criticizm is warranted but hoping it goes no further :\ roejoh makes some good points, after all murray isnt that foreign to the clay he grew up on it.. so gl mate will tail you small stakes:ok

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Agreed. The whole point of the forum is to say what we think as punters. It's not there to criticize others or to fuel arguments. If you disagree you discuss why, not shouting your mouth off telling someone they are wrong. What's the point in that? If that's the case, why not do your own write-ups explaining why you think your bet is appropriate. But what do I know, I'm just a kid ;).

Agreed. The whole point of the forum is to say what we think as punters. It's not there to criticize others or to fuel arguments. If you disagree you discuss why' date=' not shouting your mouth off telling someone they are wrong. What's the point in that? If that's the case, why not do your own write-ups explaining why you think your bet is appropriate. But what do I know, I'm just a kid ;).[/quote'] thanks fishy:ok btw great stuff mate, everytime i put my 1 tip up:lol in the tennis forum i see your picking winners after winners, real credit to you some real solid stuff mate, i hope you can keep it up through roland garros!!:):hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May what a game between murray and djorkovic amazing tennis respect to both guys, the best i have seen andy play really took the fight to novak. Novak djorkovic surely will be no 1 in the world, this guy is just better on any surface than anyone out there at the moment.

Djorkovic would beat nadal anyday not only has he beaten nadal in the last 3 meetings, nadal has conceded that its only a matter of time before novak takes the number one spot. Deep down novak is desperate to get the number one position from nadal and to do that he has to keep wining which is not possible but he still has too much for murray on clay, if this match was on a hard court i would give a chance to murray considering the fitness level of novak. I think murray would get a set at best nothing more, better yet over 8.5 games is a safer bet.
I hope i was able to persuade you from the bet, hopefully saved you some duckets.:hope:clap

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Unbelievable. Even Murray wet his pants in the end. It's beyond belief how long this can go on... Rafa won't beat Novak either because he has no legs anymore. +5 games of course was a gift but it should have been a win for Murray. WTA stuff really in the 3rd set.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 May Novak at$2.74 and stosur at $2.30 (sports bet)? Can these odds be right? Both are in cracking form and these look like gifts. Have taken both as well as Novak/Stosur to each win at least one set each $2.30. Rome has been a great pair of tournaments I and I for one appreciate the quality commentary and tipping on PL. Thanks boys. :clap