** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May

Saturday 7 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Levante UD (17:00 BST) 1.61 4.33 6.36 100.93 %
maximize.gif Getafe v UD Almería (17:00 BST) 1.53 4.6 7.23 100.79 %
maximize.gif Hercules CF v Racing Santander (17:00 BST) 2.25 3.43 3.7 100.63 %
maximize.gif Real Sporting de Gijon v Deportivo La Coruña (17:00 BST) 2.12 3.41 3.97 101.68 %
maximize.gif Valencia v Real Sociedad (17:00 BST) 1.5 4.78 8.07 99.98 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Málaga (19:00 BST) 1.61 4.38 5.92 101.63 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Real Madrid (21:00 BST) 3.1 3.66 2.43 100.73 %
Sunday 8 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Mallorca v Villarreal (11:00 BST) 2.68 3.46 2.87 101.06 %
maximize.gif FC Barcelona v Espanyol (18:00 BST) 1.21 7.56 17 101.75 %
maximize.gif Real Zaragoza v Osasuna (20:00 BST) 2.22 3.4 3.84 100.50 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May Medium stake on Real Madrid odds~ 2.3 , very good price for me Real are out of Cl and they dont have any important games more , so they can play their game + they have almost full squad. And after watching Sevilla vs Villareal , where Sevilla didnt deserved to win and they where very lucky in that game , I will back Real because Real is class higher than Villareal.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May I don't know about Real Madrid this weekend. They fxcked me over last week, they're not going to overturn the 8pt gap they have behind Barca and they played a tough game in midweek with 10 men for a third of it. Even at that price I just can't trust them; especially away from home. Not a great deal stands out to me this week. Betting towards the climax of a season is never wise but I'm targeting one game in particular. - 2pts A. Madrid vs Hercules: Over 3.5 Goals @ 6/4 [stanJames] - 2pts Anytime Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero @ 11/10 [Coral] On first look, this game just screams goals at me. If you look at the respective circumstances of each team and then then home and away statistics between the two sides then overs on goal markets become even more appealing. Both of these two are currently sitting at 1st and 2nd in the current La Liga form table. Atletico Madrid generally only know how to play one way. Only Real Madrid and Barcelona have scored more goals at home this season than Atleti. Their last two games at home have been against similar types of opponents (in terms of quality) to Malaga and they have finished (4-1 vs Levante), (3-0 vs Sociedad). Before that, they had a horrible run where they played Bilbao, Valencia, Real Madrid, Villareal and Sevilla at home, but even in those matches there were 3 goals or more in 4 out of the 5. Generally speaking, if Atletico Madrid score, you can bet it's going to be one of the front men too. Aguero is in some dirty form and has scored in each of their last SEVEN La Liga matches. I don't know how Coral had him at 2.10 to score anytime, he's as low as 1.73 elsewhere so him to continue his incredible run had to be taken at those prices. Malaga on the other hand are in a bright spell of form lately too. They saw off Hercules last week 3-1 at home and in my eyes are one point from safety. No other team in La Liga has conceded more goals away from home in La Liga this season whilst at the same time, no other team in the bottom 12 has scored more goals away from home! Goals follow them like shadows away from home and I just sense more as they push for a point to take them to that coveted 40pts mark. I've had a look at when they play teams of decent quality away from home this season and a funny trend appears. 7-0 (vs. Real Madrid), 4-3 (vs. Valencia), 4-1 (vs. Barcelona), 5-3 (vs. Sevilla in the Cup). Having said all the above, the two will probably go and play out a drab 0-0 draw but I'll take my chances and hope the trent continues.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May

Medium stake on Real Madrid odds~ 2.3 , very good price for me Real are out of Cl and they dont have any important games more , so they can play their game + they have almost full squad. And after watching Sevilla vs Villareal , where Sevilla didnt deserved to win and they where very lucky in that game , I will back Real because Real is class higher than Villareal.
The odds are set correctly in my opinion. Sevilla won their home games against Valencia and Villareal and drew their match with Barca earlier on this season. Andalusians always show their best when they face Barca and Real. The only thing that stops me from backing them is the list of injured key players - Jesus Navas, Diego Perotti and Kanoute. Caceres and Rakitic also suffered injures this week and will miss for the remainder of the season. Sevilla will have the motivation and the passion of the crowd on their side while Real have nothing to play for. I am not saying Real won't win but after their last week performance against Zaragoza I can't get myself on backing them. Just my two cents.

The odds are set correctly in my opinion. Sevilla won their home games against Valencia and Villareal and drew their match with Barca earlier on this season. Andalusians always show their best when they face Barca and Real. The only thing that stops me from backing them is the list of injured key players - Jesus Navas' date=' Diego Perotti and Kanoute. Caceres and Rakitic also suffered injures this week and will miss for the remainder of the season. Sevilla will have the motivation and the passion of the crowd on their side while Real have nothing to play for. I am not saying Real won't win but after their last week performance against Zaragoza I can't get myself on backing them. Just my two cents.[/quote'] Thankyou for the information about injuries . Real showed pretty good football against Barca in Nou Camp and as i sad , there are big difference between thoes two teams + Sevilla defence is very poor against top teams.Mourinho was resting his players against Zaragoza , but for last 30 minutes he made changes and Real where playing a lot better. I also fancy Real DNB odds ~ 1.7 , which is also very good price.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May Hello guys, for tonights games i like a few bets which i would like to discuss with you... Athletic Bilbao - Levante Athletic Bilbao would want to enter european competitions once more and for this achievement they "must" win games like this against Levante, who looks pretty safe from relegation and for that they should be more relaxed. Athletic Bilbao AH -1 Getafe - Almeria Getafe in very dangerous position, while Almeria already relegated. Getafe will surely fight for survival. Getafe AH - 1 I also like Sporting Gijon against Deportivo although in this game i see as one of possibilities also a draw, so Sporting at around 2.1 looks a bit short, but under 2.25 looks decent at prices around 1.7 in a match between teams that don't score or concede a lot. Valencia had pretty tough schedule in Mestalla recent weeks, so in fight for direct place in champions league should win a game with Real Sociedad who is very bad in away games. Valencia AH -1 at around 1.7 Last game that is interesting is the one between Atletico Madrid and Malaga where we should see some goals, over 3 maybe an option with prices around 2 odds. Good luck guys

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May As you can see I agree about the Atleti match. It just screams goals at me. I considered both the Athletic Bilbao tip too. Definitely feel Athletic can beat Levante confortably, especially with being so good at home. Odds of around 1.93 for the -1AH are decent too on top of the fact that Levante have only taken two points from the San Mames in the history of La Liga. Was also contemplating Deportivo +0.5 away at Gijon. The home side are safe and are horribly struggling with injuries/suspensions. Deportivo need a win to ensure safety so they're definitely more motivated. Not going to bite though, you kind of get the impression that this weekend weekend is one of those where literally anything can happen. Good luck to anyone getting involved.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May Match Sevilla - Real Madrid Date Saturday 07/05/2011 Time 22:00 Venue Sanchez Pizjuan REAL MADRID 1 Casillas 17 Arbeloa 4 Sergio Ramos 3 Pepe 12 Marcelo 10 Lass 14 Xabi Alonso 23 Ozil 8 Kaká 7 Cristiano Ronaldo 9 Benzema Bench 25 Dudek 19 Garay 18 Albiol 11 Granero 16 Canales 20 Higuain 6 Adebayor

Medium stake on Real Madrid odds~ 2.3 , very good price for me Real are out of Cl and they dont have any important games more , so they can play their game + they have almost full squad. And after watching Sevilla vs Villareal , where Sevilla didnt deserved to win and they where very lucky in that game , I will back Real because Real is class higher than Villareal.
:beerclose game

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May Real Mallorca v Villarreal (11:00 BSTthe first time in the history of La Liga) The idea of the League is that this time, already been used in the second division for some time, becomes fixed after the next season for one game each day Trial. Thus, it seeks to encourage the followers of Asian countries, which would be more comfortable to watch the games with this schedule. In addition, the LFP also intends to ten matches each day do not overlap . Thus, it is speculated that there will be football on Saturdays at 16:00, 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00 hours , the Sunday at 1 2:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00 and 21:00 pm , to close the day the Monday at 21:00 hours ...

Real Mallorca v Villarreal (11:00 BSTthe first time in the history of La Liga) The idea of the League is that this time, already been used in the second division for some time, becomes fixed after the next season for one game each day Trial. Thus, it seeks to encourage the followers of Asian countries, which would be more comfortable to watch the games with this schedule. In addition, the LFP also intends to ten matches each day do not overlap . Thus, it is speculated that there will be football on Saturdays at 16:00, 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00 hours , the Sunday at 1 2:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00 and 21:00 pm , to close the day the Monday at 21:00 hours ...
Always felt that the above sought of scheduling was what distinguished the EPL from La Liga in terms of effective marketing. This is definitely a good move and one that will test the dominance of the EPL. Only real problem is that often with games that start that early we see teams sleep walk for the first 45mins, as they are not use to playing so early. Seems to happen a lot in the Segunda game, where without looking at stats, I'm certain the majority of the early kick-offs are low scoring. Back to the actual game, it will be interesting to see how Mallorca and Villarreal take to this early kick-off time. For certain Villarreal players would like to sleep in for the next few months let alone for this early kick-off. They must be absolutely exhausted, and I see this game doing them no favours whatsoever. They will still be missing key defenders in Gonzalo and Capedevilla, so I would expect to see Mallorca able to break through a meek Villarreal defense like so many teams have over the last month or so. Mallorca Asian Handicap -1/4 @ 2.07 (Betfair)

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 May This is the least inspired pick of the season but I can't see Espanyol being able to live with Barcelona this evening and I'm taking Barca to cover a 1.5 goal handicap at 1.53. I could see this ending up with a very big win for Barca but I don't want to take anything bigger, so that'll do. It was 5-1 earlier in the season and Espanyol have got worse since then. Barcelona will play with freedom and I think we'll see a win by at least two goals.