** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011

Game 1 - Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder - Grizz (+6.5) @ 1.952 (Pinnacle) The Grizzlies are eight seed who have just knocked out first seed, San Antonio Spurs, in six. Their confidence will be sky-high and now face a very good Thunder team. However, there are some similarities between this series and Spurs-Grizzlies. Firstly, the Grizzles are 3-1 SU against OKC this season which was similar against the Spurs. Memphis also boast some quality players that are in the form of their lifes, like Randolph and Gasol. I'm not sure they'll manage to win this game, but I think they match up well to the Thunder and I reckon they can keep it close. I'm rolling with the Grizzlies. Best of luck to everyone.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Mayday!!! NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.25 results recap: San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies: Memphis Grizzlies +1 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-4) 104-86 WIN Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks: Over 183.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (o187) 93-82 LOSS Oklahoma City Thunder @ Denver Nuggets: Denver Nuggets -3 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-8) 104-101 PUSH NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.25 finished 1-1-1, -0.09 units lost/2 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 5-16-1, -11.49 units lost (21 units risked) San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies: Memphis Grizzlies ML +100 (2.00) Bookmaker, The Greek (-4) 104-86 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.25 finished 1-0, +1 unit won/1 unit risked on Moneylines. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 2-1, +2.25 units won (3 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.26 results recap: Atlanta Hawks @ Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic -7 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-11) 101-76 WIN Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls: Chicago Bulls -8.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-12) 116-89 WIN Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls: Over 186.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (o192) 116-89 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.26 finished 3-0, +2.73 units won/3 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 8-16-1, -8.76 units lost (24 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 2-1, +2.25 units won (3 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.27 results recap: Philadelphia 76ers @ Miami Heat: Philadelphia 76ers +10.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (+7) 97-91 WIN Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs: Under 189 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (u185) 110-103 OT LOSS Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder: Over 204.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o209) 100-97 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.27 finished 1-2, -1.09 units lost/3 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 9-18-1, -9.85 units lost (27 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 2-1, +2.25 units won (3 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.28 results recap: Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks: Orlando Magic -2 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-5) 84-81 LOSS Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks: Over 179 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o186) 84-81 LOSS Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Hornets: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-10) 80-98 WIN Dallas Mavericks @ Portland Trail Blazers: Portland Trail Blazers -3.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (-7) 96-103 LOSS Dallas Mavericks @ Portland Trail Blazers: Over 182.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o189) 96-103 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.28 finished 2-3, -1.18 units lost/5 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 11-21-1, -11.03 units lost (32 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 2-1, +2.25 units won (3 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.29 results recap: San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies: Memphis Grizzlies -3 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-7) 99-91 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.29 finished 1-0, +0.91 units won/1 unit risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 12-21-1, -10.12 units lost (33 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 2-1, +2.25 units won (3 units risked) NBA 2011.05.01 Playoffs Picks: Memphis Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder: Memphis Grizzlies +6.5 -110 (1.91) The Greek (pk) Memphis Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder: Over 195 -110 (1.91) The Greek (o205) Boston Celtics @ Miami Heat: Boston Celtics ML +190 (2.90) The Greek (-6) Boston Celtics @ Miami Heat: Boston Celtics +5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-6) Good Luck.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011

Game 1 - Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder - Grizz (+6.5) @ 1.952 (Pinnacle) The Grizzlies are eight seed who have just knocked out first seed, San Antonio Spurs, in six. Their confidence will be sky-high and now face a very good Thunder team. However, there are some similarities between this series and Spurs-Grizzlies. Firstly, the Grizzles are 3-1 SU against OKC this season which was similar against the Spurs. Memphis also boast some quality players that are in the form of their lifes, like Randolph and Gasol. I'm not sure they'll manage to win this game, but I think they match up well to the Thunder and I reckon they can keep it close. I'm rolling with the Grizzlies. Best of luck to everyone.
:ok Should have got on the Match Line. Zach Randolph is an absolute beast!

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 1 - Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls - Hawks Under 85.5 points @ 1.91 (Betway) The Hawks are somewhat of a surprise to make it through to the conference semi-finals and are rewarded with a series against first seeds in the East, the Chicago Bulls. In their series against Orlando, Atlanta averaged 87.83 points per game and only managed 82 points and 76 points in their last two road games. With Chicago being at home and boasting an extremely impressive defense, it will be tough for the Hawks to get points on the board. These two have played three times this season and Atlanta's highest total was 83 points, with 81 and 76 in the other two, and only one of them was Chicago at home in which they won 94-76. Atlanta may have shot 103 in their first game on the road to Orlando, but they shot over 50% in that game and couldn't manage it again after that, and I doubt Chicago will let that happen. I expect the Bulls to win but it's difficult to predict by how much, but they match up well to the Hawks and should be able to keep their points total down. Good luck to anyone who's betting today!

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 2 - Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder - Grizz (+6.5) @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) Read the first post for explanation. Nothing has changed except the Grizzlies thrashed the Thunder in Game 1. OKC might want revenge, and play better because of it, but Memphis will still look to keep it close, and they have the ability too. The San Antonio series proves this, with Grizzlies always being in games to the end.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Grizzlies @ Thunder. Over 195 pts. 1.84 @ Bet365 The first match was evidence that nothing has changed in this match-up since the regular season. OKC too dependent on Durant and Westbrook whilst Memphis are dominating the paint. It should stay that way and I think we'll have overs and most likely over 200 points. Having smaller odds for safer option, yet still think it will be well beyond this line which is just 195 points.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 2 - Dallas Mavericks at LA Lakers - Lakers 1st Half Handicap (-3.5) @ 1.909 (Victor Chandler) Lakers just lost in Game 1 to the very strong Dallas Mavericks who shot nearly 50% throughout the game which will worry the Lakers. Coach Phil Jackson, will want the Lakers to come out strong here and I think the first half handicap is the way to go. The Mavericks went into the half in the first game down by 9 points and I would expect similar with Los Angeles not wanting to go down by 2. The 7 point handicap is a bit large, and I'm not sure they will manage to cover it. When Lakers lost game one against the Hornets, they went into half time of Game 2 up by 6 points also. I'm pretty certain the Lakers will win this, but I think it could be tight. If the Lakers drop to 2-0 they will be in serious trouble. Good luck everyone and well played Psycho last night. :ok

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 I am not usually venturing into NBA a lot, but the handicaps seem to be a touch big today. (3/10) Atlanta Hawks (+9) to beat Chicago Bulls @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Hawks won the first game convincingly and although I can hardly see them winning again, they should keep this to a small difference at least. Bulls are a strong team, but nine poins is a lot in my opinion given the result of the first game. It may seem as the obvious bet and that may be suspicious, but I will go for it. (3/10) Dallas Mavericks (+7) to beat Los Angeles Lakers @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Same reasoning as with the Atlanta bet basically. First game a lucky win, but 7 points for a playoff game between these two may be too much in my opinion. But let's go for it, I could hardly call LAL great right now. Lots of potential, but Mavs have the fighting spirit to keep this one close.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Hawks +10 @ Bulls. 1.76 @ Bet365 Bulls badly need to win this one otherwise the series will be as good as done. Chicago has got couple injury problems and very important ones. Both Rose and Boozer have got some health issues. Although both are expected to play you just never know what might happen on the court, especially with that ankle of Rose. Hawks are very good unit as a team, Bulls not so much. Hawks showed lots of courage in game one and I have no reason to believe they will be badly beaten today. Bulls have struggled all play offs including all matches against Pacers and I can not accept such a big points spread. Lakers vs Mavs. Over 186 points. 1.74 @ Bet365 Lakers blew a 16 points lead in the first match, if they get a healthy lead again, they should be able to hold onto it this time around, that's why I'm not positive about the handicap on Mavs here. As for the match-up, this is clearly overish match-up and has been like that for years. Dallas plays better at home, therefore matches in Dallas tend to go under more than in LA. I think we'll reach at least 186 pts today. GL!

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Kobe Bryant: Over 4.5 Assists @ 1.85 - Sportsbet Doesn't seem too bad of a bet considering they lost Game 1 with Kobe going assist less. Maybe the emphasis by Phil Jackson might be for him to set people up in the early going like he did during the regular season.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Once again Dallas on the money line was the one to go for. I didn't change my bets at all from last time, and forgot to re-post here. They were the same, but I know it's frowned upon. With Dallas at 4.2 on the ML it fealt like Christmas to be honest.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 3 - Chicago Bulls at Atlanta Hawks - Under 178 points @ 1.952 (Pinnacle) Game 2 ended with 159 points, which is much better than Game 1 in which I played the under and lost. This game should hopefully stay lower also. With both teams being strong defensively, but not necessarily great offensively, they should be able to stop each other scoring too much. Also with Atlanta being at home, they are more likely to control the pace in which they are one of the slowest in the league. I'm playing the under.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 3 - LA Lakers at Dallas Mavericks - Mavs to win @ 1.746 (Pinnacle) Simply put, Lakers are done. They are overrated and are simply not as good a team anymore. The Mavericks know how to play them and are looking like real contenders. It is indeed a must win for the Lakers, but so was Game 2, and so will the rest of the games, and unless someone steps up massively I can't see them winning this one. Dallas will want to finish this as soon as possible and will be very aware of the opportunity that faces them, so I expect them to be extremely motivated, and as an already strong home side, expect Los Angeles to be up against it.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Bulls to win @ Hawks. 1.79 @ Pinnacle I think they key to this series now is the injury to Kirk Hinrich. Jeff Teague has done fantastic job in his absence but one should wonder can he do more? Don't think so. Even with Rose struggling offensively he's making things happen for his team mates. The absence of Hinrich is huge because he's a premier defender and play offs is all about defense. I pick Bulls today to win in Phillips Arena and make it 2-1 in the series.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Boozer under 13,5 point 2,14 pinnacle 5pts Boozer doesn't make that much point.In the last 10 matches he scored just 3 times more than 13,5 points and in two of these overs he made 14 points and one time he made 17 points.He is still handicapped with a toe injury.But he confirmed that he will play:"My teammates want me to play if I can play," said Boozer. "My coaches want me to play...And I can play, so I know I'm doing the right thing." I assume that he will play less minutes than normally.I expect Rose to make the most points in this match. GL:hope

Game 3 - Chicago Bulls at Atlanta Hawks - Under 178 points @ 1.952 (Pinnacle) Game 2 ended with 159 points, which is much better than Game 1 in which I played the under and lost. This game should hopefully stay lower also. With both teams being strong defensively, but not necessarily great offensively, they should be able to stop each other scoring too much. Also with Atlanta being at home, they are more likely to control the pace in which they are one of the slowest in the league. I'm playing the under.
This one went 1 point over, 1Q was crazy. :wall:wall

Boozer under 13' date=5 point 2,14 pinnacle 5pts Boozer doesn't make that much point.In the last 10 matches he scored just 3 times more than 13,5 points and in two of these overs he made 14 points and one time he made 17 points.He is still handicapped with a toe injury.But he confirmed that he will play:"My teammates want me to play if I can play," said Boozer. "My coaches want me to play...And I can play, so I know I'm doing the right thing." I assume that he will play less minutes than normally.I expect Rose to make the most points in this match. GL:hope
just 6 points by Boozer:cheers

This one went 1 point over' date=' 1Q was crazy. :wall:wall[/quote'] Was annoying to because I was either on this of the Chicago handicap, and I took this thinking if was safer. Grr! Stil won on the Mavs at least.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Game 3 - Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies - Grizz (-2.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) I feel this will be a tight game that Memphis will be desperate to win. They match up well to OKC but I reckon the Thunder are going to be trickier to dispatch than the Spurs. However, Memphis played extremely well at home in the first series, beating the Spurs all 3 times and beating the spread. Memphis and Oklahoma City played each other four times in the regular season, again with the Grizzlies winning both and covering the spread.In Game 2, the Thunder had to shoot 52.8% and 57.1% from the 3 point line to beat Memphis, but the Thunder will struggle to match that today. Memphis will play harder at home and will look to net a home win and take a 2-1 lead into Game 4.

Re: NBA Playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals 2011 Grizzlies vs Thunder. > 200 pts. 1.95 @ Pinnacle All six matches between these two this season have been overs. That's four matches in regular season and two more in postseason. Grizzlies lost the 2nd match because they were poor in the paint which is their best option to score. They can get only better and I expect both Randolph and Gasol dominate again, especially now at home. No idea who's gonna win it but I'm pretty confident about overs, have played it both previous times and it will be no different this time either. 200 pts looks really short and I would go even for 205 if that was the case.