** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: May 1st 2011 Picks

MLB Overall 2011 37-26 +9.09 units (58.73%) Braves -110 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I'm pretty sure that Lowe was arrested for a DUI 2 nights ago. The line is pretty decently low to take a risk at this. The last person who got arrested, and had to pitch a couple days later (Leake) got me a win. I will follow this trend for now. Lowe been lights out this year anyway, the Cards have been straight inconsistent Angels -131 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Someone told me a long ago its better to bet the streak then to bet against the streak. Phillies -170 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I don't usually bet this high of lines but I will for this game. Sunday night baseball is yet to see a home team loser this year.

Re: MLB: May 1st 2011 Picks Cleveland -1.5 @ 2.46 pinnacle Masterson is 5-0, with a 2.18 ERA as he allowed 3 runs on 5 hits in the 9-4 win over Kansas. He has pitched well at home, going 4-0 with a 1.79 ERA in his last 6 home starts and has the added bonus that his batters are given him some run support. Like Cleveland to make it 13 straight home wins as Detroit has lost its last 5 games and now send Coke to oppose him. He is 1-4, with a 4.88 ERA as he allowed 7 runs on 8 hits in the 7-3 loss to Seattle. Like the Indians to get to him as they have allowed 36 runs in these 5 straight losses, while scoring just 13 runs themselves. LA Angels -1.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Weaver is 6-0, with a very low 0.99 ERA as he has thrown 2 straight complete games, leading the Angels to a 5-0 win over Oakland. He has had success against Tampa Bay, going 4-1 with a 2.27 ERA in 6 starts against them as he allowed 1 run in the 5-3 win over them last month. The Angels will face a rookie in Cobb who has been called up from the minor leagues but like them to continue their good record against them this season where they have won 3 of the 4 meetings this year, which have all been played in Tampa Bay. April picks: 45-56 (+2.52)

Re: MLB: May 1st 2011 Picks MLB Overall 2011 23-26 -2,23 unit (46,94%) Astros +117 to bet 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Narveson is 1-1 W/L in 5 starts this season. He has a great 8.33 K/9 but also a awful 4.00 BB/9. - Norris is 1-1 W/L in 5 starts with a even more impressive 10.29 K/9. He holds a 9.27 K/9 in all of his 42 MLB starts. No point in such a high line. Narveson is definatly hitable and somewhat easy to read with only 3 pitches, as his slider almost doesn't excist. Just 6% of his pitches is from his 4th pitch (slider). White Sox -113 to win 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Floyd is 3-1 W/L in 5 starts with a 3.60 ERA and a great 8.46 K/9. I would like to see more Changeups to add that 4th pitch but the very consistent slider and curveball makes up for the lack of another "slow pitch". - Britton is off to a 4-1 start in his 5 starts with a 2.84 ERA. That's a great start but also mostly due to great batting from the Orioles. Britton only holds a 5.40 K/9 and thats not even close to good enough. I look forward to his development but so far he's been very limited in his pitching tossing just 2 different pitches and more than 7/10 being fastballs. Reds -106 to win 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Arroyo is 3-2 W/L in 5 starts with a 3.64 ERA. He has been much better than the W/L line indicates with a 8.19 K/9 and a 1.52 BB/9. Arroyo is a 5 pitch guy with 3 fast pitches and 2 slow pitches. - Nolasco is 2-0 W/L in 5 starts with a 3.24 ERA. I'm a bit conflicted about him so far this year as he dissapoints me with a K/9 5.94. At the same time it's a impressive BB/9 at 1.08. A 4 pitch guy who definatly lacks a changeup. It's either lots of speed or a curveball. Royals -111 to win 2 unit @ Pinnacle - Hochevar is 2-3 W/L in 6 starts this season with a 5.68 ERA. I'm one the few people left who still believes in the Hochevars enormes potential. 5 pitches and developing a 6th (Split fingered fastball) makes him even more dangerrous. Haven't lived up to the hype, but still young and a very hard worker. - Pavano is 2-2 W/L in 5 starts with a 5.12 ERA. He has recovered from the flu this week and will once again try to better his sh*tty 4.83 K/9. Only holds 3 pitches wich limits his options and therefore almost 6/10 being fastballs. Like the spot for the Royals despite Hochevars shaky start.

Re: MLB: May 1st 2011 Picks Agree with Indians and Angels and will try small stakes on Mets. They on a 3-games losing streak and maybe is time to turn the things around, Chris Young is 3-0 in his last 7 games /incl. last season/ with quite good ERA 1.7, in 5 innings vs Phillies on 5.4. he allowed only 1 run and make 7 strikeouts and Mets are 5-2 vs left handed pitchers...so small stakes is worth a try... Mets 2.6 /bwin/

Re: MLB: May 1st 2011 Picks Cleveland -1.5 @ 2.46 :@ Closer allows a run to stuff up the run line LA Angels -1.5 @ 2.23 - Weaver did not start Philly -1.5 @ 2.15 centrebet Lee is 2-2, with a 4.18 ERA, and expect him to improve on his last 2 starts where he has allowed 7 runs in these games. He has faced the Mets once before, allowed 2 runs in the 6-2 win over them and he is opposed by Young who is 1-0, with a 2.65 ERA, and he allowed just the 1 run in beating the Phillies 7-1 last month. He has gone 2-1 with a 5.31 ERA in 4 starts at Philadelphia, needing his batters to get the win, but Lee is a very good pitcher, and it may be difficult for them to get a win here if he is in form. The Phillies have won 8 of their last 10 games while the Mets have lost their last 3 games, so confidence is good with the Phillies to win again here and sweep the Mets May picks: 0-1 (-1.00) April picks: 45-56 (+2.52)