** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

'Favourites' at stupid odds

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 13 bets, 15.5% ROI

Hi V-Zero I assume site doesn't have same level of detail as football-data i.e. shots, corners etc. Any ideas where this could be got for minor leagues
No idea, sorry. I don't mine data like that because it is so minorly correlated with future performance. My advice would be to rethink yur models, but I know that will not be welcome advice. Simplicity is king, learn to program, apply iterative methods, amd you can find value. :ok

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 13 bets, 15.5% ROI Quick catch up on how the results are going: Hougang @ 1.59 WIN: +0.5605 Gaz Metan Medias @ 3.55 LOSS: -1 FC Midtjylland @ 2.56 WIN: +1.482 Braga @ 3.05 WIN: +1.9475 La Equidad @ 3.4 WIN: +2.28 Strike Rate: 55.6% Profit: +7.28 ROI: 40.4%

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 11 bets, 23% ROI

The Kelly criterion is incredibly difficult to apply to simultaneous bets, involving multiples and all sorts of trickery.
lol what? it makes no difference how many bets you're making. Anyway, doing really well, nice work.

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 11 bets, 23% ROI

lol what? it makes no difference how many bets you're making. Anyway, doing really well, nice work.
That isn't true. The Kelly criterion assumes you are making one bet, which is settled, before making the next. Kelly-optimal staking for simultaneous bets involves making several singles and multiples. But thanks for the congratulations. A few losers last night bringing the ROI back down somewhat, though.

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 18 bets, 40.4% ROI A warning to anybody who may or may not be following this, there's likely to be a s**tload of picks today, and as with yesterday you can expect them to trickle in throughout the day, as I won't have time to sit and do it all at once. :eek

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 18 bets, 40.4% ROI

A warning to anybody who may or may not be following this' date=' there's likely to be a s**tload of picks today, and as with yesterday you can expect them to trickle in throughout the day, as I won't have time to sit and do it all at once. :eek[/quote'] V-Zero, I follow your last three picks last night. The Junior match was so close. There were three red cards in the second half. That made the game change. However, Keep up your good work, mate:clap

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 18 bets, 40.4% ROI

V-Zero' date=' I follow your last three picks last night. The Junior match was so close. There were three red cards in the second half. That made the game change. However, Keep up your good work, mate:clap[/quote'] Sorry to hear you didn't get on earlier yesterday. Yeah, the Junior match was a real killer with that late goal, still, that happens. A late goal went in my favour yesterday too, so it's all just a matter of taking the winners, and lving with the losers... There's no such thing as a perfect system. :\

Re: 'Favourites' at stupid odds: 18 bets, 40.4% ROI Right, until the late night/early morning games, that's your lot. After all these are in I'll do a recap on how we're doing. Time for coffee! :tongue2