** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League Week 12

Spooner

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 12 T.Jenkins v M.Webster - LAY M.Webster @ 3.30 Betfair Two players who are struggling at the bottom here but I only see one of them getting the victory. Jenkins done very well indeed to snatch a draw off Barney in his last match, a 12 darter in the last leg earned him that and with an average around 100 I believe that kind of level will see himd raw here at worst. Webster looks gone at the moment, the last four Premier League games he has lost 8-1 and the match before was beating 8-2. That's 6 legs in 5 matches, that kind of form is never going to win you anything, its not even as if all the players have been playing out of their skins against him, Taylor and Wade did play very well but Anderson only averaged 94 when winning 8-1. Jenkins has least been averaging around the 90 mark in recent weeks, he got close to a 100 last week and as I say a similar performance should see him win here unless we see some huge turnaround in Webster's throwing, i'll have the draw on my side too though as he has drawn two matches so far which is the highest in the league. R.Van Barneveld to beat J.Wade (DNB) @ 5/6 Skybet / LAY J.Wade @ 2.74 Betfair Wade has come back into a bit of form lately with an 8-1 victory over Webster last week, Webster if having an awful time at the moment and was easily the worst player on show, not to take it away from Wade as he had the 2nd highest average but not much pressure was applied. Wade's been up and down lately and I'm not convinced yet, Barney's also been playing a little bit better, results wise hasn't been happening, he met Taylor in week 8, Barney lived with him early on but Phil pulled away as he usually does, he lost again in week 9 against Whitlock but both were playing outstanding darts, week 10 saw Barnley play below par but amazingly enough managed to win against the current World Champion, last week saw him in a thriller against Jenkins finishing 7-7. Although Wade is on a hot streak I feel Barney has been slightly unlucky not to get the 2 points in a few matches, he looks like he is throwing pretty well, certainly he was hitting the ton 40's with ease last week and he'll put Wade under more pressure then what Webster did, fancy Barney to collect the points he needs to make the semi's.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 12 Potential minefield this week. But here are my thoughts:

Terry Jenkins vs. Mark Webster

I saw this fixture last week and immediately thought that Jenkins has this in the bag. Infact, I still do and he is nicely priced to do so. Mark Webster is in a horrible run of form and he has not got an ounce of confidence left in his body. It's a shame really because it has got painful to watch in recent weeks. He has only won 6 legs in 5 weeks and to be honest, I don't see him getting anywhere near 8 legs later on tonight. Jenkins has ****** me over so many times in the past though that I can't think about getting on his side. He played supremely well to get the draw against Barney last week and was hitting the 180s for fun as well. You get the impression that if he averages anything near last week then this could be another sorry night for Webby (his fifth on the trot). However, you also get the impression that if Webster is going to return to winning ways against anyone, then Jenkins will be the guy. Jenkins is definitely the favourite here but I hcan't for the life of me summon up the courage to put money on him. One thing that you can expect from the bull is maximums though. If he gets ahead of Webster, he'll start reeling them off and I am confident in the fact that he'll beat Webster in that aspect of the game. He threw 5 against RvB last week and trust me, Webster isn't get anywhere near that. Jenkins Most 180s @ EVS is a certified play for me. _____________

Gary Anderson vs. Phil Taylor

These two have automatically qualified for finals night and realistically aren't really playing for anything. I still don't think Anderson has the game to win 8 legs tonight but having said that, a Gary Anderson with no pressure surrounding him could be a dangerous animal. Phil Taylor has only lost something ridiiculous like 6 matches in his Premier League history. I don't think it will become 7 tonight but I am not going anywhere near his fat ass at 1.44. Anderson misses too many doubles for my liking and that's something that needs to be ON POINT against the Power. We all saw last week against Whitlock, Anderson threw 7 darts of the famous 9-Dart finish and still went on to lose the leg. Taylor just won't allow that shit to go down and even at a juicy price of 4.50, I can't get on the Scotsman. We all know that he is a natural heavy scorer though and he was hitting that red-bit for fun last week. 11 maximums in a Premier League match is just unheard of and I think we'll see some more tonight. Taylor hasn't been hitting them as well as he can in recent times and like above, the EVS on offer for Anderson seems too good to miss. So I'll get on it. _____________

Raymond van Barneveld vs. James Wade

My first impressions were to take James Wade DNB here and at 6/5, it's a tasty proposition. He was aboslutely brilliant last week and would've beaten most guys on the circuit with the darts he was throwing. Barney wasn't as fluid and had a few chances to put away Terry Jenkins in his draw with him. I'd say at this point in time, both are evenly matched and to be honest, another draw here wouldn't surprise me. I think Barney will get to finals day without too many problems and he'll look to wrap it up here but a resurgent Wade could be a tough opponent. It'll take a brave man to call this one so for me, NO BET. _____________

Adrian Lewis vs. Simon Whitlock

Adrian Lewis is blacklisted for me I can't bring myself to bet on him ever. You never know what you'll get from the guy and that just does my head in. You get a similar feeling with The Wizard too. One week, he's destroying Raymond van Barneveld in probably the match of the whole tournament so far and then the next he's performing limply and losing to James Wade. Again, this one is too tough to call for me. Both guys are fighting for finals day places and both can produce stunning darts on one day and shit darts on another. The smart thing to do form a betting perspective is to just stay away and that's exactly what i'mma do. NO BET. My Bets: - 4pts Most 180s: Terry Jenkins (vs. Mark Webster) @ EVS (via Coral) - 4pts Most 180s: Gary Anderson (vs Phil Taylor) @ EVS (via Coral) - 5pts Under 28.5 180s @ 10/11 (via Boyles) Last week was a pretty special night of darts, there was a record amount of 180s and some pretty impressive displays all round from several players. It's weird really because the week before was a horrible. Some very weak darts on show and some terrible performances. With a lot of pressure off most players I don't think that the quality will be AS high as it can be tonight and I think Boyles Total 180s line is a bit high. There'll need to be seven in every match on average tonight and I don't think there'll be THAT many. I guess the danger is that there are alot of potential close matches tonight with a few looking like they'll go the distance which is never good for unders on 180s but even still, it's worth a punt in my eyes. Lower stakes than usual this week but still confident of bringing some cash home. Good luck fellas :hope

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 12 Got a feeling this could be a night for the outsiders tonight. 5 for me in total. 3pts M.Webster to beat T.Jenkins 11/5 Totesport This price is wrong really. I accept Webster's lost his last 3 8-1 but he wasn't playing opponents of Terry Jenkins standard in those matches. At some point over the next three weeks Mark Webster will turn up and someone will cop a walloping. Logic would suggest it is most likely to be tonight. Webster's way too good to continue in the form he's shown in the last month and given that he throws first in this match if he can get that first leg under his belt and pick up a bit of confidence he can lead from the front and win this one. Jenkins is solid but he's been inconsistent himself over the 11 weeks so far. Webster isn't going to get blown away in a flurry of 180's and 100+ checkouts tonight so as long as he starts well and is consistent then he can stay in this one at the very least. However with the pressure off I'm certain he'll show his class at some point in the remainder of this event and if it's tonight this 11/5 will look huge. At this price I'm happy to pay to see if tonight is the night the real Mark Webster comes to play. 4pts G.Anderson (+2.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor Evs Stan James 3pts Over 8.5 180's 10/11 Blue Square This should be a classic. Both are in the semi finals so there's no pressure on either so they should be able to let their darts go and treat us to an epic. Their first match finished 8-6 which was only one break of throw in Taylor's favour. If he's to win tonight and deny the 2.5 leg headstart he'll have to break Anderson's throw for 2 unanswered times which I'm not sure he'll do. In the two matches the two have played this year in England that Taylor has won he's won 13-12 in the Players Championship finals and 8-6 in the Premier League. Anderson has beaten Taylor 6-4 in a UK Open qualifier. Anderson's scoring power is strong enough that barring any brainwashes on doubles he should be capable of holding onto his throw well enough to stay close to Taylor. Talking of his scoring power, we saw him hit 11 180's last week which covered this total on his own. Taylor hasn't hit less than 3 180's since week 4 when he beat Barneveld so he'll contribute to the 180 scoring and given that he'll want to be Anderson well he'll probably contribute quite a few. Although the 8.5 line is quite high I still think there's enough to suggest it will be covered. 4pts J.Wade to beat R.Barneveld (DNB) 6/5 Sportingbet I'm quite happy to get this price on Wade. I know Barney's playing well and as I've said in past weeks that has pleased and impressed me but James Wade has the bit between his teeth now like he had this time last season and he's throwing some really good darts. As long as he can be consistent on his scoring I think he'll win this match. He doesn't have to score bundles of 180's but as long as he's getting the 100's and 140's rather than the 81's and 121's then Wade will take a lot of beating tonight. Barney is in tip top form but generally his wins have all been from the front so if Wade can get in front then I think he will have Barney where he wants him. There's lots of playoff implications in this match and Wade will know that a win here brings Barney back into the chasing pack so that's extra motivation for him. He has a good record against Barney in big matches and I think he can edge this one tonight. 5pts S.Whitlock to beat A.Lewis 13/10 Boylesports The recent form of both of these players is not good. Lewis has lost his last 3 8-3 while Whitlock has lost his last two however Whitlock's performances have been fine. The fact it needed Anderson to hit 11 180's to beat him last week shows everything about Whitlock's form and while Lewis was rattling along at a sky high average it was distorted by his lack of throwing at doubles. Two weeks ago Lewis was as bad as he could possibly be against Barney whereas it wasn't too long ago Whitlock put up the performance of his career against the same opponent. Of the two I'm sure Whitlock is playing the better and he knows if he loses tonight Lewis goes above him. If Wade wins earlier in the night then there is a big incentive for Whitlock to win not only to pretty much finish Lewis off but to stay above Wade in the table. I'd have Whitlock a marginal favourite here so I'm happy to take the 13/10 on an Australian win.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 12

LOSS - 4pts Most 180s: Terry Jenkins (vs. Mark Webster) @ EVS (via Coral) LOSS - 4pts Most 180s: Gary Anderson (vs Phil Taylor) @ EVS (via Coral) WIN - 5pts Under 28.5 180s @ 10/11 (via Boyles)
23 maximums tonight so the main bet was secured. Not the greatest night in here but as far as I can remember GH's main bet was a winner. Well played on that one mate and unlucky Kev.