** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May

Saturday 30 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza (17:00 BST) 1.29 6.08 13.5 101.37 %
maximize.gif Real Sociedad v FC Barcelona (19:00 BST) 9 5.2 1.44 99.57 %
maximize.gif Deportivo La Coruña v Atlético Madrid (21:00 BST) 3.4 3.5 2.32 101.09 %
Sunday 1 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Levante UD v Real Sporting de Gijon (16:00 BST) 2.2 3.34 3.87 101.23 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Hercules CF (16:00 BST) 1.82 3.84 4.9 101.20 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Real Mallorca (16:00 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.75 99.56 %
maximize.gif UD Almería v Sevilla (16:00 BST) 4.5 4.1 1.9 98.99 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Getafe (18:00 BST) 1.84 3.75 5.2 100.03 %
maximize.gif Osasuna v Valencia (20:00 BST) 3.05 3.51 2.56 100.34 %
Monday 2 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Espanyol v Athletic Bilbao (20:00 BST) 2.86 3.4 2.75 100.74 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Rest them? What for? Are they going to Nou Camp with any hope? I just wish to see them playing openly to bet on Barca -2.5 AH. My advice is never to bet on Real Madrid! Too many surprises in last 2 years. Just watched them very closely, but honestly, no money put on them.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May

Rest them? What for? Are they going to Nou Camp with any hope? I just wish to see them playing openly to bet on Barca -2.5 AH. My advice is never to bet on Real Madrid! Too many surprises in last 2 years. Just watched them very closely, but honestly, no money put on them.
There's always a chance and the game is still a Clasico. I'll wait for team news.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Few standouts this weekend. - 6pts Malaga (vs. Hercules) @ 4/5 (via StanJames) I am supremely confident that Malaga will stay up this season and this is a fantastic chance for them to go one step further to La Liga safety. Hercules away record has been widely publicised in the media and on these boards in recent weeks. They've scored 5 goals in their last FIFTEEN away games and three of those came in one match. Yes they are fighting for their survival but I see an even more motivated Malaga side doing them over tomorrow at home. They've been on a bit of a resurgent spell of form in recent weeks with an away win at Santander last week and a convincing 3-0 home win against Mallorca the week before. Hercules are always a bit of an unknown element (especially when I have money on them ffs) but I can't look past Malaga. Baptista is in good scoring form, they're at home and will move up to 39pts with a win. You'd think 40 points would ensure safety. Home win all day for me. - 5pts Real Madrid -1.5AH (vs. Real Zaragoza) @ EVS (via Bet365) Can't for the life of me figure out the price on this one. Real Madrid played in midweek yes we all know that but their midweek side and their weekend side have been very different in recent weeks. I would never have thought that they'd score six past Valencia at the Mestalla after their exploits in the Copa Del Rey last week, but they did. Jose will want to put the result in the week behind them and in front of what will be a pretty big Bernanbeu crowd, I expect normal service to be resumed. Despite Ramos and Pepe being suspended, Kaka, Khedira, Arbeloa, Benzema should all line up and that will be more than enough to take care of a pretty average Zaragoza side. Real have not dropped a single point in the league so far this season when scoring first and Zaragoza have one point from their last five six away games. No bainer this one. - 7pts Valencia 0AH (vs Osasuna) @ 1.85 (via Bet365) Valencia are one of my favourite teams to bet on in the league. You rarely get any funny business from them and they usually get the job done. They know Villareal are going to find it very difficult to get 3rd spot now especially after getting spanked in Portugal yesterday and again they have a good chance to cement that spot. Osasuna find themselves third bottom and have four defeats from their last four games. You have to go back five weeks for their last points and I think a pretty strong Valencia side will be a bit too much for them. I don't think you can read into last weeks result a great deal. Not many teams score three goals at home and still lose by three! Their away record of P16 W10 D2 L4 is good aswell. Can't see Valencia losing so got some draw cover.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May I'll follow the Valencia pick, plus some coins on Real -1.5 too. I could see Osasuna getting a point, but if there is a winner, Valencia are more than 54% favorite, in my opinion. Also one of the teams I like, the few times I bet on Liga. As for Real, Benzema is in form and hosts will be very eager to take it out on someone, too bad for Zaragoza lol.

Rest them? What for? Are they going to Nou Camp with any hope?
Ronaldo will not play, neither will Alonso or Lass Diarra. But I would still back Madrid on the handicap. They still have a lot of talent to come in, as proved last week, the main reason: Gonzalo Higuain.

Rest them? What for? Are they going to Nou Camp with any hope? I just wish to see them playing openly to bet on Barca -2.5 AH. My advice is never to bet on Real Madrid! Too many surprises in last 2 years. Just watched them very closely, but honestly, no money put on them.
very bad advice , i have won a lot on on Real Madrid. You just need to lear how and when to bet :D

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Never back Real Madrid ?? Who said this ? They win almost every week home & away , beating handicaps too . Anyway , Ramos and Pepe are suspended from the CL and not the league so theres 2 first choice players who should play on Saturday .

Event Real Sociedad vs BArcelona
Selection Real Sociedad
Strength 5/10
Date 30/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 7.50
Reasoning Sociedad is on 12`th place and Barca first in the league. Barca has a comfortable 8 point lead while Real is only 3 points over relegation places coz of their poor run in the second part of the season. Real has 9-1-6 at home and have been quite unpredictable for lower league teams but better teams have known how to handle them. They are missing some points and will not go down easily if Barca takes them lightly. And with the return CL match ahead they might just do that. Some 5 B team players are expected to go on a trip with a chance to play. Iniesta will probably not play as well as Messi who is the main goalscoring machine with Pedro and Villa being in such poor form. They are also missing Abidal, Maxwell, Adriano, Bojan. Real is mising Labaka, De la Bella, Sarpong, J.Llorente, Agirretxe so also have problems. Desire alone could make the difference.

Never back Real Madrid ?? Who said this ? They win almost every week home & away ' date=' beating handicaps too . Anyway , Ramos and Pepe are suspended from the CL and not the league so theres 2 first choice players who should play on Saturday .[/quote'] I just hope they will play openly with Barcelona! In that way the will get again 5 ... at half time!

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May I don't usually bet on the Spanish league, but this stood out for me, so I will have a bet today. (2/10) Athletico Madrid to bt. La Coruna @ 2.00 with Pinnacle Madrid is still fighting for the places which would guarantee the Euro cups, so their motivation is definitely high and they are not in a bad form by any means either. La Coruna are and they have to keep it tight, since they may still be relegated if things do not go well. There is a difference in class though, so I think they can overcome the home advantage and take the win here.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Not usually betting on Spanish football, but this stands out for me today. Sorry if this gets double-posted, having some browser issues at the moment. (2/10) Athletico Madrid to bt. La Coruna @ 2.00 with Pinnacle Madrid is still fighting for the places which would guarantee the Euro cups, so their motivation is definitely high and they are not in a bad form by any means either. La Coruna are and they have to keep it tight, since they may still be relegated if things do not go well. There is a difference in class though, so I think they can overcome the home advantage and take the win here.

I just hope they will play openly with Barcelona! In that way the will get again 5 ... at half time!
Haha very good my friend. What the fcuk were Real thinking , just because they won a shity cup they go and get a lesson in football by Barcelona and then concide 3 and lose to Zaragoza at home . That put 6 past Valencia last weekend and then go and do this . This is football not psychology , jose's mind games have backfired , it's filtered down to the players and this is the result .

Event Real Sociedad vs BArcelona
Selection Real Sociedad
Strength 5/10
Date 30/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 7.50
Reasoning Sociedad is on 12`th place and Barca first in the league. Barca has a comfortable 8 point lead while Real is only 3 points over relegation places coz of their poor run in the second part of the season. Real has 9-1-6 at home and have been quite unpredictable for lower league teams but better teams have known how to handle them. They are missing some points and will not go down easily if Barca takes them lightly. And with the return CL match ahead they might just do that. Some 5 B team players are expected to go on a trip with a chance to play. Iniesta will probably not play as well as Messi who is the main goalscoring machine with Pedro and Villa being in such poor form. They are also missing Abidal, Maxwell, Adriano, Bojan. Real is mising Labaka, De la Bella, Sarpong, J.Llorente, Agirretxe so also have problems. Desire alone could make the difference.
Great pick mate. Must have been sweet to see that penalty hit the back of the net on 82 mins. Nice one.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Almeria - Sevilla Both need points. Almeria need them so as not to relegate (a fail might result in mathematical relegation). Sevilla need points for a place in EL or CL. It has also been some time since Almeria won a game. Almeria - Sevilla = 2

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Santander v Mallorca Home win @2.10 with Bet365 Santander were on a good run before two consecutive losses in last two weeks, the one against Malaga last week was quite unexpected. Cantabrians found themselves just 2 points above the relegation zone and if they want to keep their elite status they should win this encounter. Mallorca almost secured their staying in La Liga and are not among the best teams on the road with the poor record of 3-3-10. I fancy Racing to get back on track. Malaga v Hercules Hercules +0.75 @2.075 with Bet365 To be honest I consider Malaga as slight favorites but the odds are ridiculous. 1.66 for a home win is too short for a team who won barely 5 out of 16 home games. On the other side the odds for Hercules are quite generous. Visitors will enter this encounter knowing that a loss will send them in Segunda so I doubt they will give up easily despite the missings of key players- Trezeguet, Drenthe, Farinos. This is a relegation clash, typical 6 pointer between direct opponents where every outcome is possible and I don't think the prices are set correctly.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Villareal v Getafe Under 2.5 goals @evs with Bet365 Villareal look extremely exhausted and proved they can't cope with La Liga and Europa league at the same time. The semi-final in EL was quite an acievement for them but it resulted in a poor run in La Liga and The Yellow Submarine won just 12points out of last 36 possible. In the last six home games Villareal failed to score more than 1 goal per match. Getafe will miss their best scorer Manu Del Moral who netted 9 this season. I expect Geta to sit in defence trying to snatch a point and I wouldn't be surprised to see them holding the draw or even winning but the under looks like the most probable outcome of this game. GL.

Santander v Mallorca Home win @2.10 with Bet365 Santander were on a good run before two consecutive losses in last two weeks, the one against Malaga last week was quite unexpected. Cantabrians found themselves just 2 points above the relegation zone and if they want to keep their elite status they should win this encounter. Mallorca almost secured their staying in La Liga and are not among the best teams on the road with the poor record of 3-3-10. I fancy Racing to get back on track. Malaga v Hercules Hercules +0.75 @2.075 with Bet365 To be honest I consider Malaga as slight favorites but the odds are ridiculous. 1.66 for a home win is too short for a team who won barely 5 out of 16 home games. On the other side the odds for Hercules are quite generous. Visitors will enter this encounter knowing that a loss will send them in Segunda so I doubt they will give up easily despite the missings of key players- Trezeguet, Drenthe, Farinos. This is a relegation clash, typical 6 pointer between direct opponents where every outcome is possible and I don't think the prices are set correctly.
Santander v Mallorca 2-0 Bet won Malaga v Hercules 3-1 Bet lost. Feel pity for Hercules here, penalty was awarded to Malaga for a foul outside the box, Hercules went down to 10 men after this situation and the match was virtually over.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Osasuna v Valencia Over 2.5 goals @2.10 with Bet365 Osasuna found themselves in the drop zone after 4 consecutive losses and they have to find a way out of this situations. The team from Pamplona is traditionally strong at home winning 7 games this season, drawing 6 and losing only 3. Valancia are coming right after shameful performance against the second team of Real Madrid and will try to make up for the disgraceful 3:6 loss at Mestalla last week. 50% of Osasuna's home matches went over this season which is equal to odds of 2.00 while 63% of Valencia's away games went over which is equal to odds of 1.60. So the odds for tonights Over should be around 1.80 in my opinion but Bet365 offers us a price of 2.10 which I gladly took. I have watched every single match of Valencia this season and the only way for them to win is to outscore their opponent. Central defenders perform awful all season long and they were the reason Los Che to fell out of the CL, right and left backs are not much better. Jeremy Mathieu for example was the flop of the match last week allowing Kaka to walk through his zone delivering deadly assists. I don't expect Valencia to keep a clean sheet against one of the best home sides in La Liga who are in a desperate need of points. Valencia have plenty of talanted players up front to cause a threat so I think it would be an open game.

Few standouts this weekend. WIN - 6pts Malaga (vs. Hercules) @ 4/5 (via StanJames) LOSS - 5pts Real Madrid -1.5AH (vs. Real Zaragoza) @ EVS (via Bet365) LOSS - 7pts Valencia 0AH (vs Osasuna) @ 1.85 (via Bet365)
Valencia horribly lacklustre tonight. Spoilt a potentially good weekend. -7.2pts, Malaga got the job done but don't get me started on Real. Could be worse but definitely should've been better. Well done to any other winners this weekend.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Hi there had a bet on own goal next method inrunnin on osasuna game with bet 365 and watched the game was a clear own goal but bet365 are saying was cejeudo wonder if anyone else seen it and knows if there is anything i can do at the end of the game when was showing highlights on skysports came up stankevicius own goal?

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Doubt there is much you can do pal. I am sure that B365 state in their T&C (and will confirm to you if you contact them) where they rely on for bet settlement, and have settled accordingly. BBC have it as Cejudo so it does appear that at least some sources are confirming as such. Hard luck mate

Re: Spain - La Liga - 30 April - 2 May Espanyol have been weak as an away side this season which is pushing their home prices up. Athletic Bilbao have been strong at home, but very average away, but the market on Betfair currently has them almost level with Espanyol in their matchup, which is a clear mismatch. Take Espanyol @ 2.7 on Betfair