** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Singapore S League Thread 2011

Home United v Geyland United (26/04/2011): Home United (-1) @ 2.37 - Bet365 (4/10) (Half With Most Goals) 2nd Half @ EVS - Bet365 (4/10) Home United stormed into the new season going unbeaten in seven games, winning five, before Armed Forces stopped that run with a 2 nil win. Home sat top of the table at that time but have had a few problems recently with players being suspended, injured etc. They have their top goal getter in Mendy back for this game who is a big powerful lad and has already notched 5 times this season which is a massive boost. Geylang will try and park the bus which has been noted by Lee Lim Saeng, with him having his strikers play against six defenders all this week in training. Home can get back to winning ways here but don't expect Geylang to hand the three points over on a plate.

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Woodlands Wellington v Gombak United (29/04/2011): Gombak United AH (-0.75) @ 1.80 - Bet365 (5/10) If this match was at Woodlands home then I would take them on but as its at a neutral ground, I can't see them getting a result here. At the Jalan Besar this year, Gombak have been solid when they've played there. Firstly a well earned draw against top of the table Tampines, they beat Balestier 2-1 and more recently took care of Young Lions with a two goal win. The Woodlands have 2 points currently, joint with the worst team in S League history in my opinion. Although yesterday's game was a surprise, not only the result but nine goals? The away team before that were the best defensively. Going with Gombak here anyhow :ok

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 As I said before, when Mendy and Li play together, you expect goals. 5-2 FT (3-1 HT) 6' [1 - 0] Q. Li 28' [1 - 1] P. Cunningham 33' [2 - 1] F. Mendy 42' [3 - 1] Q. Li 60' [4 - 1] F. Mendy 70' [5 - 1] S. Jiayi 74' [5 - 2] P. Cunningham Home United AH (-1.5) @ 2.05 - Bet365 (6/10) WIN

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Woodlands Wellington v Hougang United (05/05/2011): Under 2.5 @ 1.95 - Bet365 (4/10) (Half With Most Goals) 2nd Half @ 2.05 - Bet365 (4/10) After the first round of fixtures, Woodlands find themselves rooted at the bottom of the league. Don't let that fool you though, as they are a decent outfit however the one thing they are lacking is a goal getter.They have only netted four times so far but have let in 19 compared to the other bottom side Tanjong who have conceded 31 times so their defence is their main strength. Hougang themselves struggle to break down teams who focus their game on their defence and usually net their majority of goals in the second half. They have scored 17 after the break and only 8 in the first half. It'll be nice to get these two bets over the line however its going to be difficult. No goals in the first half would be lovely.

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Under 2.5 @ 1.95 - Bet365 (4/10) LOST (Half With Most Goals) 2nd Half @ 2.05 - Bet365 (4/10) WIN Tampine Rovers v Gombak United (06/05/2011): Under 2.5 @ 2.05 - Bet365 (3/10) Hard match to call so not getting involved as much as I usually would. Tampines have AFC commitments this season and have already played Tuesday, they are playing today and then face another side in the AFC quite soon. Fatigue may come into play at some point, maybe not today but the odds are a little short considering. Gombak's manager has said keeping things tight will be the key to his side’s fortunes and I wouldn't argue with the potent strike force of the Rovers. Gombak have had a week off and should be able to keep this low scoring, maybe nicking it.

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 ALBIREX NIGATA -1AH...@ 8/13....bet366....stakes 2/10.....Woodlands are the joint worst team in this league with 2 points from 11 games.They've scored 5 and conceded 23 so far.Nigata are 6-1-4 for 22 ag 10 and 12 days ago they beat SAFFC(last years champs)6-3.They've had 12 days of rest which may not necessarily be a good thing but it means they're rested and have a full squad to chose from. Woodlands on the other hand are coming into this on the back of 3 consecutive defeats and to make matters worse will be missing 5 players for today's clash.Defensive stalwart Butters(11 apps) is injured as is Mohana(9 apps).They have Raychoui(11 apps),Tan(3 apps) and Yiguang(6 apps) out through suspension. Albirex already won the away game 1-0 and if they can at least repeat that result today in the neutral Jalan Basar stadium then I'll get my money back.Hopefully it'll be a bit more.....

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011

ALBIREX NIGATA -1AH...@ 8/13....bet366....stakes 2/10.....Woodlands are the joint worst team in this league with 2 points from 11 games.They've scored 5 and conceded 23 so far.Nigata are 6-1-4 for 22 ag 10 and 12 days ago they beat SAFFC(last years champs)6-3.They've had 12 days of rest which may not necessarily be a good thing but it means they're rested and have a full squad to chose from. Woodlands on the other hand are coming into this on the back of 3 consecutive defeats and to make matters worse will be missing 5 players for today's clash.Defensive stalwart Butters(11 apps) is injured as is Mohana(9 apps).They have Raychoui(11 apps),Tan(3 apps) and Yiguang(6 apps) out through suspension. Albirex already won the away game 1-0 and if they can at least repeat that result today in the neutral Jalan Basar stadium then I'll get my money back.Hopefully it'll be a bit more.....
5-0,bet won.......

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 SAFFC -1AH @ 4/11.....2/10....and -2AH @ 20/21.....1/10.....Along with Woodlands,Tanjong Pagar are the joint worst team in the league.They have 2 points from 11 games,scoring a meagre 2 goals and conceding a whopping 31. Armed forces up to the last game(a 6-3 defeat by Albirex) had let in 6 goals in 10 games and scored 17.They lost 1-0 to top of the table Tampines and beat 2nd place Home united 2-0.Just to put this bet into context,Tampines beat Tanjong 4-1 and Home beat the bottom team 6-0 away. SAFFC beat Tanjong 2-1 earlier and if they can at least repeat that result tomorrow then I'll get most of my money back.Hopefully it'll be a bigger win........

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Armed Forces v Tanjong Pagar (11/05/2011): Goal before 25:00 @ 1.83 - Bet365 (6/10) Singapore Armed Forces Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.00 - Bet365 (3/10) There is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal, and Armed Forces will be hurting after getting smashed 6-3 against Albirex Niigata two weeks ago. S League’s bottom side Tanjong will feel the wrath of Armed Forces’ backlash and anything other than a comfortable win for the Forces would be unthinkable here. Tanjong have had a tough ride so far this year! They lost 6-0 to Home, 5-0 to both Albirex and Hougang as well as conceding a massive 31 goals in 11 games overall. This fixture finished 2-1 to Armed Forces in February but I would definitely expect something different at the Jalan Besar tomorrow morning. Karoglan (7 goals), Nawaz (5 goals) and Jerkovic (3 goals) have hit a bit of form just of late and I fancy them to get at least 3 goals against a poor side, maybe more.

SAFFC -1AH @ 4/11.....2/10....and -2AH @ 20/21.....1/10.....Along with Woodlands,Tanjong Pagar are the joint worst team in the league.They have 2 points from 11 games,scoring a meagre 2 goals and conceding a whopping 31. Armed forces up to the last game(a 6-3 defeat by Albirex) had let in 6 goals in 10 games and scored 17.They lost 1-0 to top of the table Tampines and beat 2nd place Home united 2-0.Just to put this bet into context,Tampines beat Tanjong 4-1 and Home beat the bottom team 6-0 away. SAFFC beat Tanjong 2-1 earlier and if they can at least repeat that result tomorrow then I'll get most of my money back.Hopefully it'll be a bigger win........
2-2,bet lost,unfortunately the unthinkable happened......very unlucky with your first goal prediction Mr Stylish.......

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 BALESTIER +1.5AH...@ 1.8...bet366...stakes 1/10.....A small bet on the outsiders here.Khalsa have lost their last 2 matches 5-0 and 5-2 so this may seem like a crazy bet and maybe it is but let me explain.Those matches were against the top two teams in the league,home and tampines.In these matches the coach told his players to go out an express themselves.Up to this they had played cautiously and conceded just 8 goals in 10 games. I think he has learned his lesson a bit from those hidings and will go with 5 at the back today and play on the counter attack. Now Etoile haven't played a competitive match for 20 days and their training has also been disrupted by an unlikely combination of weather/elections and injuries.They have played two friendly matches,one of them against a cricket club.Justin(2 goals),their tall striker is out as are Durand(7 apps) and LeFranc(8 apps,1 goal). To sum up I think the underdogs have a chance of at least getting within a goal of Etoile today given the reasons mentioned......

BALESTIER +1.5AH...@ 1.8...bet366...stakes 1/10.....A small bet on the outsiders here.Khalsa have lost their last 2 matches 5-0 and 5-2 so this may seem like a crazy bet and maybe it is but let me explain.Those matches were against the top two teams in the league,home and tampines.In these matches the coach told his players to go out an express themselves.Up to this they had played cautiously and conceded just 8 goals in 10 games. I think he has learned his lesson a bit from those hidings and will go with 5 at the back today and play on the counter attack. Now Etoile haven't played a competitive match for 20 days and their training has also been disrupted by an unlikely combination of weather/elections and injuries.They have played two friendly matches,one of them against a cricket club.Justin(2 goals),their tall striker is out as are Durand(7 apps) and LeFranc(8 apps,1 goal). To sum up I think the underdogs have a chance of at least getting within a goal of Etoile today given the reasons mentioned......
4-0,1 point lost...ooops...

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 BALESTIER 0,+.5 @ 2.025...bet366...stakes 1/10....not much time for a preview but if you google 'singapore s league' and read the preview for the match then you'll see the reasoning.Basically young lions have a couple of players on international duty and injured.They've also only won twice in their last 25 games......

• 1 month later...

Sport Football (Singapore)
Event Albirex Niigata - Balestier Khalsa
Selection over 5.5 goals
Strength 5/10
Date 28/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 9.00
Reasoning A match with a clear favorite, Albirex have a good season, with a good attack, having some matches with over 5.5 this season, Khalsa isn't playing very well, having 4 matches with a minimum of 4 goals received and 24 in last 8 matches, not a very confidence defense line, being hard to keep a good result defending the 0-0 the only way is to play open, with a open play it can be easy a match with a lot of goals, at price of 9 I say that is worthing the risk. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Geylang - Balestier Geylang made some transfers and improved their results, being one of the top form teams lately. They got 7 wins in their last 10 league matches, conceding only 9 goals. Their only loses are against top teams like Tampines, Home Utd and Etoile. After the International break Geyland will be well prepared and focused in this game, and got perfect opportunity to climb the table with eventual win over comfortable opponent. Geyland play solid in defense here, keeping 5 clean sheets in last 10 matches. Balestier are exactly on the other side. They got 8 loses in their last 9 league matches.Their defence is a big joke, keeping 0 clean sheets in last 10 away games, with 3:24 goal diff. Balestier got 10 straight loses away from home, but in the first 2 games between these two sides this season, Geylang lost both of them, so I expect additional motivation for the home side today. home win Geylang(-1.5)AH 2.50 @ Bet365

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2011 Tampines - Tanjong Pagar Tampines are 2nd placed and will give their best for the 3 points, taking the leaders position. Tampines are just 2 points less than current leaders, but also got a bit poorer goal difference, and they will search for more than comfortable win with 2:0 IMO. Tampines are 8-2-2 at home with goal diff. 30:11. They are playing more than great against Tanjong, having 6 straight wins against them. 5 of these 6 wins are with 2 or more goals difference. Tanjong Pagar are the worst away side in the league, with 2-0-10 on the road with goal diff. 5:29. They are last placed in the table and I cant see them escaping from this position Tampines(-2.5)AH 2.25 @ Bet365 Tampines ht/ft -1/1 1.80 @ paddy