** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs

3 for me tomorrow St Helens (-6) to beat Castleford - 1st Half Handicap @ 2.00 (Stan James) 2/5 2 form teams on the back of late turnaround defeats here. Cas' have just the one half time handicap win this season, a 10-6 HT lead at Hull when getting a 2 start. St Helens meanwhile have 8 half time wins against the handicapper this season so far, including 3 from the last 3 at home and 5 from the last 5 overall. No major team news for either side, I'll take Saints to keep up their impressive 1st half performances here. Warrington (-16) to beat Hull FC @ 1.91 (Various) 2/5 Warrington are in great form against the handicapper - 2nd (Hcap Overall), 3rd (Hcap Home), 4th (Hcap Form) and 2nd (Hcap Home Form) in my tables. Hull have a great record with this line - 10 from 11 so far - but with a mid-table handicap performance overall (5-0-6) and without playmaker Sean Long, I fancy the in-form Wolves to take this. Catalans (-10) to beat Bradford @ 1.91 (Sportingbet) 2/5 Bradford in desperate handicap form recently, only 1 lonely draw from their last 5 - a 28-16 loss away to Saints when receiving a 12 start. Catalans meanwhile are top of a handicap form table with 4 wins from their last 5 and could finally welcome back Thomas Bosc here. Bradford will also be missing their best back in Brett Kearney here and I just can't see them staying within 10 points of the in-form Dragons here. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Cas have historically struggled to live with Saints. Saints hit 90+ points home and away last season. In both games the 1st half handicap would have been made with a bit to spare. My only reservation would be Saints are down to the bare bones at half back with Wheeler now out. Wilkins steps in. An alarming drop off from Cas in the last match. Saints should win this one comfortably. Catalans on the handicap would look like one of the bets of the round but what would concern me on this one is Bradford have never lost in France. Winning comfortably last season. Bradford do look really awful though this season. Its on TV this one. Im going to follow in play. The one that strikes me this round is Hull KR -10 2.00 at Betfair. Two thumping wins for Hull KR home and away last season suggest Quins cant cope with KR. Good weather. KR have got a good team out. Bit concerned by the rookie full back in the squad. Theres definately going to be a bundle of points. Hopefully most of them will be KRs. Over 52 points looks very acheivable but KR looks better value on the handicap.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs I like the overs at KR too Henry. I'm always reluctant to take both Hull sides in their Easter Monday fixtures because they lay it all on the line in their derby match on Good Friday. This year KR play us and we don't really have a derby match. We always play Catalans and it's just any game of rugby really. The amount of defensive work Hull KR had to go through on Friday makes me confident that Quins could go there and sneak a win having already won at Saints and Leeds. I might have a small punt on the away win as well as taking the overs.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Thats the thing with these bank holiday fixtures is gauging the fatigue levels. I still think Quins put in a shift against Catalans. They should be at similar energy levels. Quins have beaten Saints and Leeds this season but Quins have have always been a bit of a bogey team for Saints and Leeds IMO. Quins heavy loss at Wakey was a marker for me as to where they are at.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Just sneaked past the -10 in the end with a last minute try. Thought they'd be more comfortable 24-12 at half time but Quins pulled it back to 24-24 at one stage. Missed a big trick on the Catalans game. I believe the Total points mark was around 52 points pre match. With the extreme torrential rain going on this was so an unders game. Such was the storms in the South of France Sky lost 20 minutes reception 1st half. Finished 8-8 in the end.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Top shout on KR henry :ok Poor day for me :(. Saints couldn't quite cover the 6 at half time and then on the receiving end of another Easter weekend shock after Wire were turned over. Then in the evening game, hadn't heard anything about Menzies being injured and the weather conspires to make sure neither side clears a 10 point winning margin. Hopefully find a decent bet in the Hudds game tomorrow night :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Huddersfield (-20) to beat Salford @ 1.91 (Various) 2/5 Huddersfield with a 3-1-1 handicap record at the Galpharm this season so far; no disgrace in a 6-20 defeat to Wigan and just failed to clear a 24 deficit against Wakefield for a handicap draw. They've also an identical 3-1-1 record in their last 5 in Super League against the handicapper, the most notable result being a 29-10 victory over Warrington when receiving a 2 start. Salford meanwhile have the 2nd lowest number of handicap victories this season (4 - only 1 more than Crusaders) and a 2-0-3 handicap record in their last 5, including a 52-20 defeat to Castleford when receiving a 10 start in their last game away from the Willows. Both sides coming off defeats over Easter, Robinson is missing for Giants but O'Donnell returning will be a big boost in the forwards - Salford are at full strength. In summary, I just see Hudds taking this by more than the 20 - especially if the Reds turn in another performance like they did against Warrington. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs Im with you on the -20 Lee. 4 of the top 6 sides have posted 20+ scorelines past Salford both home and way. The corresponding fixture last year saw Huddersfield put a half century of points on. The total points mark is around 58. Thats a little too much for me to go over. Giants should be well up for this one after the Crusaders blip.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XVI Round 12 & Co-op Champs FT Hudds 52-22 Salford:nana Good round for me that one. Could have gone on the total points. Stayed away because of Huddersfields good defense but they sounded a bit ropey defensively tonight. Next round looks alot harder. Nothing catching the eye at moment.