** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 25 April - 1 May

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May I will have one in the end. (4/10) M.Cilic (-2) to bt. N.Davydenko @ 1.91 at Pinnacle I simply do not trust Davydenko anymore in matches against good players and Cilic is one of those. He is not in a spectacular form, but Davydenko losing a set to Reister is hardly convincing either. I also like Cilic's serve on clay much more than Davydenko's.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May 2/4, not much happening overall Winners: Lopez, Del Potro Losers: Larsson, Djokovic Larsson v Barrois match was one of the worst I've seen in my life. It was like 4 out of 5 plays were finished with unforced errors. Awful display from both. Djokovic looked like an amateur player as well at times. Can't even make a volley at the net :lol

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May 3 matches for Saturday. WTA Barcelona Roberta Vinci > Lucie Hradecka. 2.49 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Wrong odds, wrong favorite in this match. No way Vinci deserves to be an underdog for the final. Not a fan of her tennis but it's effective on clay and I can see her making brainless hitter like Hradecka look foolish many times today. This is the third edition of this tournament and Vinci has made the final all three years. She beat Maria Kirilenko in 2009 and lost to Schiavone last year. Vinci has got all the right tools to play on clay whilst Hradecka's powerful game is better for hard courts. Besides the Czech player has never performed in the finals at this level. She has been in the final three times and lost all of them in straight sets, including 0-6, 1-6 against Dushevina. Nobody gets beat like that by Dushevina. Vinci has beaten Hradecka in their only H2H meeting which was on hard (should have been an advantage for Hradecka) and Vinci won 6-4, 6-2 in Montreal qualies. 2.49 is odds I can not miss. WTA Estoril Anabel Medina Garrigues -1.5 games vs Kristina Barrois. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Barrois had a shocker yesterday. Not having brain really let Larsson down. It was very ugly match and Barrois was very happy to get away with some crap plays. Both players were all over the place and if Larsson could not take an advantage Garrigues will. She is more experienced, can cover the dropshots better and more importantly has got the experience, especially in the finals. She's won some whilst Barrois has played in only one at this level and lost to Sharapova in Strasbourg last year. Not a shame to lose to Sharapova but she was serving for the first set at 5-4... Can see falling apart once again. Garrigues finaly with some form and has got quality to take this title. Having handicap which is very tiny. ATP Munich Nikolay Davydenko -3.5 AH vs Radek Stepanek. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (4/10) I know that I'm mad to back Davydenko but can't resist this one, really. Germany is a special place for him as he grew up here and that is like 2nd home for him. He had very good attitude yesterday against Cilic who bottled the first set but nevertheless Davy played pretty good. No idea what sort of form is Stepanek in at the moment but his style of play generally speaking is bad match-up for the Czech player. Davydenko will get to most of this shots, even the short balls and can punish him. Could be a three setter as neither is consistent enough but I feel that Davy can cover this line even in three sets coz if he loses a set it most likely will be in a tie-break. He tends to lose a breaker here or there so could happen again. :hope

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May Yep, Vinci is a good value. Might have some more tomorrow. (4/10) R.Vinci to bt. L.Hradecka @ 2.52 with Pinnacle I also think that the wrong player is favored here. Hradecka can be brainless at times and she was not as convincing against Errani as the scoreline tells. Vinci is better than Errani and knows how to play in the finals, with which Hradecka has little experience. Power shots do not win tournaments alone and Vinci can offer much more variety than Hradecka.

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May (3/10) P.Petzschner/F.Mayer - Under 22.5 games @ 2.20 with Pinnacle Taking this based on price and the history between them. All sets they played were short and one player, Mayer, dominated most of them. At 22.5 games, I see 2.20 as a value, because I quite fancy one player establishing a lead early on and running away with it.

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May Meh can't work on a saturday with all the sport around. Few in the tennis appeal to me though, one over in Belgrade and two in the first round over in Madrid. Feliciano Lopez vs Flippo Volandri- Lopez -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Lopez for me should be a bigger favourite in this one. Credit to Volandri for getting to the semis but his quality of opponents hasn't been of the highest. Draws of Lajovic, (a Serbian W/C), Marchenko, (in horrible form and erratic to say the least) and Granollers have meant he has been able to progress this far but Lopez is yet another class up in the form the Spaniards in. Volandri was impressive yesterday but the day before against Marchenko was a horrible match to watch and either one of them could have won it. Lopez is yet to drop a set this week and he has played 3 good clay courters in the likes of Monaco, Gonzalez and Montanes. His serve has really stood out though and even on the slower clay courts, he still manages to dish out the aces, which went into the double figures yesterday against Monty and he saved all 5 break points. If he keeps serving like he has done, he'll get far more opportunities on Volandri's serve and he should pick him off. The H2H is a commanding 7-1 to the Spaniard, in which 6 of those wins have been in straight sets. Handicap only requires a break in each set which Lopez is fully capable of doing and he should progress to the final here. Two for the women as well then. Patty Schnyder vs Vera Zvonareva- Over 18.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Just feel the line is a tad low in this one. Vera will win but on clay she isn't the most consistent of players and can easily give a few cheap games away. In her 2 clay matches this year, they have both gone to 3 sets, and last year, the likes of Rodionova and Kvitova beat her, showing that she can be vulnerable on the surface. Patty hasn't been in great form this year, losing to some average opponents but she does seem to up her game when she plays better opponents. She's already beaten Ivanovic this season and didn't give Wozniacki an easy match either. She won her 2 Fed Cup matches on clay so she has had a bit of match practice on the surface like Zvonareva. Looking back to last year, she beat Radwanska, Cornet, Kleybanova and Dulko on clay, whilst giving Wozniacki and Venus Williams decent matches as well which shows that she can hold her own against the top players. Zvonareva leads the H2H 2-1, Schnyder actually won the last match but they were a while ago. However, 2/3 matches have gone over the line given here so I'll back Schnyder to hold her own and keep things tight for a while. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Jie Zheng- Pavlyuchenkova -5.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10) Price is so attractive on the handicap for the Russian here. She's been in good form this year, retianing her title in Monterrey and consistently making third and fourth round appearences in the bigger events, such as Indian Wells and Miami. She's still only quite young but some of her results and performances over the last 18 months or so have been extremely encouraging and it wouldn't suprise me if she was knocking on the top 10s door before too long. Jie Zheng isn't the player she once was and these days can't compete to a great level. Romina Oprandi and Wickmayer have easily beaten her in recent weeks on clay, with her only recent win coming in an epic 3 setter against the top 350 incredibly. Two players at very different stages in their career, and Pav in truth should romp home here. She did so in their only meeting previous to this and that was when she was a massive underdog and very young. She's improved since then, whilst Zheng has declined, and this one shouldn't last very long.

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May Sport Tennis Event Lino - Petkovic Selection Lino +6 (Asian-handicap) Strength 2/10 Date 30/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.05 Reasoning In my opinion Lino can make good result in this match. This line is too high.. Lino is home player, is from Spain, crowd give support for this girl, Lino know this courts. Friends and family looking at this game and Lino must be really motivated. Lino is very good claycouter, played many matches in last 12 months, make 29 wins on the clay surface. Clay surface is not the best Petkovic surface, in last weekend won two matches in Stuttgart, but with three sets.. I feel Lino chances here, propably not beat Petkovic, but can make close result.

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May No, Stepanek did a Gasquet he bottled it, he could have carried on IMO I think that Davy was controlling it, playing very well, early scare in 1st when he turned his ankle and had MTO but played very well and I think he will beat Mayer, waiting to see what odds come out...

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May

Meh can't work on a saturday with all the sport around. Few in the tennis appeal to me though, one over in Belgrade and two in the first round over in Madrid. Feliciano Lopez vs Flippo Volandri- Lopez -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10)-WIN Patty Schnyder vs Vera Zvonareva- Over 18.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10)-WIN Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Jie Zheng- Pavlyuchenkova -5.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN
Lovely. Safe to say the Pavlyuchenkova handicap was the safest bet in history once the match had started :lol.

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May One for Sunday Kimiko Date-Krumm vs Daniela Hantuchova. Over 19 games. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (6/10) 19 games is a bit short for this one and I would not be surprised to see the line at 20 games later on. Krumm generally plays long matches, that's just the way it is. And all four matches between her and Hantuchova has been overs. The amazing thing is that the Japanese veteran leads their H2H series 3-1 and Hantuchova got the only win earlier this year in Pattaya, the tournament she went on to win. As for this match, can see very close battle and most likely three sets.

One for Sunday Kimiko Date-Krumm vs Daniela Hantuchova. Over 19 games. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (6/10)
Loss. Was one hold away from making push. Kimiko too old for professional tennis and can't serve anymore. Should retire, again...

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May Nikolay Davydenko – Florian Mayer, today 15:00. I am with the Russian here. A Russian won the tournament last year so it is highly probable that another Russian will do it this year, at least because it is a final. Davydenko won one tournament in every year in the last 9 years and this is the chance to do this in 2011, too. Davydenko is a strong player, quite good on clay (9/20 tournament wins on clay, only 8 on hart courts e.g.) and even better in finals. In his career he won 20 finals with only losing 6. The 6 finals he only lost without exception to players, who were top 10 players back then. 2003 versus Andy Roddick (ATP N° 1) and then to David Nalbandian (ATP 3), Tommy Robredo (ATP 5), Roger Federer (ATP 2), Novak Djokovic (ATP 3) and Federer again (ATP 2). Davydenko won all the other finals and here comes Florian Mayer. Things clear for everyone? Mayer plays great in Munich, his serve is working good and so on, but he only won to Petzschner, who gifted the match, Dimitrov very tight, Gabashvili and Darcis, no one of those is comparable to Davydenko. The Russian instead defeated Cilic, Stepanek, Reister and Kuznetsov, which is a more difficult task in my opinion. For me, the dangerous groundstrokes of Davydenko are winning the match for him today. Take Davydenko to beat Mayer and to grab the title in Munich @1.72 (Pinnacle), 10 pts. Good luck, Possmann

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May Verdasco to bt Del Potro @Pinnacle 3.54 The match starts in a couple of minutes and the odds rised this high. ANything above 3 is ridiculous, so I simply have to grab this. DelPo was not convincing against Soderling, and verdasco did show that he is able to crush the opponent IF he is interested in doing so. Will be a tight match GL :hope

Think Dustin Brown has replaced Shahar Peer as the love of my life in the tennis world. Amazing. :beer
haha i agree! he plays tennis soo free just walloping the ball i love it. just wish id gobbled the whole thousands of lay available! but mate on a serious note u sound like a good tennis betting guy so just wondered do u use a particular website for stats or help at all? the few ive seen have been bit shite so only atp or wta websites i might use i kind of only use instinct and what ive seen in the last few weeks from players to go on which i know aint the best idea but does seem to work most times! might check the atp or wta websites too but just thought id ask u your ideas cheers mate

Verdasco to bt Del Potro @Pinnacle 3.54 The match starts in a couple of minutes and the odds rised this high. ANything above 3 is ridiculous, so I simply have to grab this. DelPo was not convincing against Soderling, and verdasco did show that he is able to crush the opponent IF he is interested in doing so. Will be a tight match GL :hope LOSS
Not a big surprise, but 2-6 2-6 is far from being a tight match. Somehow I can't enter in sync with Verdasco - he rolls when he should not and vice versa. Definitely on my no-play list for a couple of weeks.

Not a big surprise' date=' but 2-6 2-6 is far from being a tight match. Somehow I can't enter in sync with Verdasco - he rolls when he should not and vice versa. Definitely on my no-play list for a couple of weeks.[/quote'] mate i think ive learnt to do nothing but lay him when it gets pretty tough. few years back i liked him alot, thought he could get top 6 maybe but nope! del potro seems to back to his game now which im happy about though :)

Re: Tennis 25 April - 1 May OMG!! did anyone see the ana ivanovic match!!??? i thought i was onto an easy 2-0 sets win at evens after the first set of 6-0... then she goes and loses!!??? not happy now and i really dont understand it! know shes a bit dodgy but thats taking the piss! if anyone watched it please let me know.... thanks

OMG!! did anyone see the ana ivanovic match!!??? i thought i was onto an easy 2-0 sets win at evens after the first set of 6-0... then she goes and loses!!??? not happy now and i really dont understand it! know shes a bit dodgy but thats taking the piss! if anyone watched it please let me know.... thanks
Don't worry. She's saving energy for Paris. 2nd French Open title is on its way to Serbia :rollin

Nikolay Davydenko – Florian Mayer' date= today 15:00. I am with the Russian here. A Russian won the tournament last year so it is highly probable that another Russian will do it this year, at least because it is a final. Davydenko won one tournament in every year in the last 9 years and this is the chance to do this in 2011, too. Davydenko is a strong player, quite good on clay (9/20 tournament wins on clay, only 8 on hart courts e.g.) and even better in finals. In his career he won 20 finals with only losing 6. The 6 finals he only lost without exception to players, who were top 10 players back then. 2003 versus Andy Roddick (ATP N° 1) and then to David Nalbandian (ATP 3), Tommy Robredo (ATP 5), Roger Federer (ATP 2), Novak Djokovic (ATP 3) and Federer again (ATP 2). Davydenko won all the other finals and here comes Florian Mayer. Things clear for everyone? Mayer plays great in Munich, his serve is working good and so on, but he only won to Petzschner, who gifted the match, Dimitrov very tight, Gabashvili and Darcis, no one of those is comparable to Davydenko. The Russian instead defeated Cilic, Stepanek, Reister and Kuznetsov, which is a more difficult task in my opinion. For me, the dangerous groundstrokes of Davydenko are winning the match for him today. Take Davydenko to beat Mayer and to grab the title in Munich @1.72 (Pinnacle), 10 pts. Good luck, Possmann
6:3, 3:6, 6:1 ... was easier than the result supposes... + 7.2 units today

haha i agree! he plays tennis soo free just walloping the ball i love it. just wish id gobbled the whole thousands of lay available! but mate on a serious note u sound like a good tennis betting guy so just wondered do u use a particular website for stats or help at all? the few ive seen have been bit shite so only atp or wta websites i might use i kind of only use instinct and what ive seen in the last few weeks from players to go on which i know aint the best idea but does seem to work most times! might check the atp or wta websites too but just thought id ask u your ideas cheers mate
Hey, think everyone on the forum has different ways of looking into the matches but my own policy is going by a few things. First off, I always consider the head to head between the two players, as in some cases it could be a poor match up for on of the players. The type of surface also influences the match up as well which sometimes the bookies aren't aware of. I always consider the form of the two players, as well as how many points they have to defend that week. That's quite important as this gives them the motivation to want to win in some cases. Final main thing I take into consideration is the stats of their previous matches that week or the day before for example. If they've offered a load of break points or looked poor on serve, chances are the player in question isn't going to miraculously improve this in the space of a day. Usually in the next round they play better opponents who take advantage of a poor service game. Think that's it really and my main advice is to watch a lot of tennis. Every time I watch tennis, even though I would say I have a general understanding of the game, but every time I watch some tennis I reckon my understanding of the game increases, all be it by minimal amounts, but it does. Find watching the pros also helps my game when I play ;). Anyways hope that helps mate. :ok