** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Quackers school of thought...

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Should be revising for my exam tomorrow but I can't help having a bet on this horse. 4.15 Yarmouth DOUBLE DEALER 3pts win 10/3 Ladbrokes There are only 7 runners here but I think 3 of the runners have a good chance of winning this. Firstly SAND OWL who returned this year in March to win its maiden well enough. Hails from a stable who I really like, and this one could be anything and open to any amount of improvement on its handicap debut. TASFEYA ran an excellent race last time out on the all weather just being pipped by the progressive INDIAN JACK. That horse ran well enough at Sandown this week but was outclassed behind the Stoute horse TAZAHUM. Richard Hills rode TAZAHUM that day and is on TASFEYA today and this horse must have a good chance of going close here. I can see Hills trying to make all on this horse which is probably what he is best at doing as he can't find any trouble from the front! Johnson horses are all tough and genuine so he will be there about's. That leaves me with the Zarooni horse. I have already said how much I like this stable and I think this horse has a good chance of going one better than last time out. Got going all too late that day behind THE SHREW who might be a decent horse himself but hopefully DOUBLE DEALER can come on for that run and improve here today. A drop back in distance would appear to be the wrong move after the way he finished at Kempton but this horse did show some decent form last year over 7f. Interestingly he finished just over 2 lengths behind TAZAHUM last year at Kempton so that form looks rock solid. He also won a nursery at Goodwood quite well over 7f. Tough race to call but I have had a good day so far so one more bet for today :tongue2

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Quackers school of thought... - 2pts CAIM HILL was running a good race until making one bad mistake which ended his chance - 3pts DOUBLE DEALER very disappointing and almost finished last of 7 +8pts VOLER LA VEDETTE Was lucky to win as the horse in front just stopped after going over the last +20pts DISPOL KYLIE ran a great race and went to plan coming from behind Bets - 8 Wins - 3 Losses - 3 Placed - 2 Bank - 133.pts P/L - +33.0pts

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 6.20 Wolverhampton LIVING IT LARGE 1.5pts e/w 14/1 Bet365 Only one for tomorrow as its pretty rubbish stuff. ISLAND LEGEND has to be feared as he is in the form of his life but up another 5lb here, he may just struggle to win again. He is stalled in 4 so may be able to get to the lead and try and make all which has proved successful for him so far. LA FORTUNATA is a talented horse but might just need this after 218 days off the track. GARSTANG has been put up 3lb for a narrow defeat last time out but has never won off a mark this high so I'll pass him over. MOTTLEY CREWE has won on his last 2 outings to Wolverhampton but both of them runs came over 6f, so the drop in trip may not suit. FAIR PASSION and KYLADDIE are both running well and surely their return to the winners enclosure is not far away but the one I like is LIVING IT LARGE. This one runs here off a mark of 80 but has won off 85 over CD back in November 2009. He ran some very good races in competitive sprints last year in much better races than this one. Possible he needed his last race returning from a break and ran well enough. Was right up there until turning for home but then started to fade and the jockey gave up on him in the final furlong. Interestingly though there have been plenty of winners come from that race which is what makes LIVING IT LARGE a decent each way bet for me. LIBERTY LADY who was 4th, recently won well at Folkstone after being well backed. TAURUS TWINS finished 6th in that race and won just as well next time out at Windsor over the minimum distance. Finally FALASTEEN who finished 5th ran a good race next time out at Beverley finshing 3rd, before disappointing over 6f at Leicester and then going on to win well in a class 3 race over 5f at Epsom. That Wolverhampton race looked pretty good so I am going to take a chance with LIVING IT LARGE who has won off a higher mark over CD in the past. One thing to be wary of is the trainer form. Although he has only had 4 recent runners, they have all been very disappointing. The horse is well drawn in 2 though so hopefully he can make the most of the draw and get a good race position which is important over 5f at Wolves.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.30 Lingfield FAR VIEW 2.5pts e/w 11/2 William Hill This is a typically competitive 5f sprint at Lingfield with plenty of horses in with chances but I like the claims of FAR VIEW. This horse may well go off favourite come race time tomorrow which is why I am trying to get the best price possible. I think it’s last run can be completely ignored as this horse was tried in the first time visor and did not look at ease, running all over the place. They have quickly dispensed the visor and put the cheek pieces back on which the horse seems to run well in. His best 2 recent runs have come over CD in cheek pieces and the only win of his career came over CD under this jockey back in February. I like this trainer/jockey combination as George Baker tends to use this talented apprentice for his more fancied runners. The horse should still be able to get involved off this mark as he finished second to next time out winner LOYAL ROYAL two runs ago off a mark of 60. Today he runs off 62 but the jockey takes off 3lb so is effectively running off 59. JIMMY RYAN hasn’t won since 2004 but has come close recently over 5f. Don’t think the step up in trip will suit him. CAVITIE is still 2lb above his last winning mark and has only ever ran at this course once which resulted in a pretty disappointing effort. He probably prefers it at Wolverhampton. DURGAN is still a maiden after 18 starts and keeps creeping up the handicap without winning. I am hoping his first win doesn’t come today! SCHOOLBOY CHAMP is a danger after an encouraging return to action last time out at Wolverhampton. Looked in need of the run that day but has never won over 6f although several times suggested that he would get 6f. DREAM NUMBER the favourite at the moment is just 2lb higher than when winning over CD a couple of weeks ago. He is back on the all weather after a solid run on the turf at Folkestone. GALA SPIRIT brings some solid Irish maiden form to the table and was outpaced on his return to action at Kempton. Should come on for that run and could be on a good mark. Market should reveal everything for this one tomorrow. The only other one worth considering for me is SPEAK THE TRUTH. This horse won over CD off a 4lb lower mark two runs ago but was held off this mark last time out at Kempton. Return to this track may help but that 4lb rise may be enough to stop him winning anytime soon. Everything looks in favour for FAR VIEW to return to winning ways today. Returns to 6f, cheek pieces are back on and the only jockey to have won on the horse is back on board.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... I rubbish day so far and just one more bet for tonight. 8.30 Wolverhampton KAIFI 2pts win 10/1 William Hill Few of these make their handicap debut's but 2 are very much of interest for me. The favourite must be respected as the money has come for him plus this trip is expected to suit. The first time blinkers are a concern though and although some horses improve greatly in the first time blinkers, I am happy to take this one on. The other one I like is KAIFI who has shown nothing to date in 3 starts over 6f. This horse is by Dansili, so this trip should suit more and this horse can be expected to progress this year on what he has shown so far. Off a lowly mark of 45 this could have been let in lightly for his handicap debut. Bit of a leap of faith needed to back this horse as he has been very poor in his 3 maiden runs but he could show massive improvement over this longer distance. The other horse vying for favouritsm is LITTLE JAZZ who is consistent but is nothing special and is most definitely beatable. Probably should go each way in a race where there are exactly 8 runners but I fancy this horse either win or run a stinker. Probably a stinker the way my other 2 selections today have run! Better racing tomorrow :D

Re: The Quackers school of thought...

Lol wtf! As if far view finished tailed off... Surely something must have gone wrong with the horse :\ Just got out of an exam. Did anyone watch the race?
It was on ATR, so you should be able to watch the replay for free. You may need to register for an account, but if I remember correctly the replay section of their site is free and it's just live streaming that has to be paid for.

It was on ATR' date=' so you should be able to watch the replay for free. You may need to register for an account, but if I remember correctly the replay section of their site is free and it's just live streaming that has to be paid for.[/quote'] yeh cheers. just watched it.. think there was definitely something up with the horse as he stopped very quickly

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.40 Ascot ASKAR TAU 5pts win 11/2 VC Bet This might sound a bit crazy but I think this horse has had excuses for his last 6 runs dating all the way back to his last win. Since his last win he has disappointed twice in the Prix Du Cadran which is possibly too far for the horse. He has also had 3 runs returning from a lengthy break which can be excused as he never runs well fresh and always comes on a bundle for the run. The other excuse is soft ground at Longchamp as this horse most definitely prefers quick ground. The horse has had its pipe opener for this season which came earlier this month but he did run better than he normally does which is a positive. He gets his quick ground tomorrow and the stable have started to hit form with their last 3 runners all winning. There are plenty of things in his favour tomorrow to run a big race. Interestingly George Baker gets the chance on the horse again after a good run last time out even though Ryan Moore is at the course tomorrow. RAJIK may just need the run and BUXTED I don't think is quite up to this sort of level. AKMAL could prove to be one of the main dangers if finding some of his old sparkle, but he does have to put some disappointing efforts behind him. Both THEOLOGY and AAIM TO PROSPER may need this outing as well which leaves the BETCHWORTH KID and FREE AGENT. These two were closely matched last time out with the Alan King horse coming out on top. Step up in distance will suit both horses but with a run under his belt I expect FREE AGENT to reverse the form. Hopefully ASKAR TAU can get back to winning ways today with everything in his favour.

yeh cheers. just watched it.. think there was definitely something up with the horse as he stopped very quickly
Don't know if you already check this, but if not, the BHA's Stewards Room section has a 'Why they ran badly' part at http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resources/about/whatwedo/disciplinary/whyranbadly.asp?theDate=26/04/2011. Usually updated a day or so after. Good luck for tomorrow!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 4.50 Ascot BUTLER 1pt e/w 14/1 Bet 365 This horse has been off the track for over a year now and has joined the Cumani stable who have yet to fire. They have had a couple of winners but a lot of their horses have been disappointing. This horse has 5 runs in Ireland which were mostly very poor. The one stand out performance came in a maiden with similar conditions to today on quick ground over a mile. The horse finished 4th in a race won by the classy JAN VERMEER with MIDAS TOUCH finishing 3rd, 3 lengths ahead of my selection. On the face of it, BUTLER appears to have been given a tough opening handicap mark but could prove in time to be a much higher rated animal. The market should reveal all tomorrow, so hopefully the money will come for him.

Don't know if you already check this' date=' but if not, the BHA's Stewards Room section has a 'Why they ran badly' part at [url']http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resources/about/whatwedo/disciplinary/whyranbadly.asp?theDate=26/04/2011. Usually updated a day or so after. Good luck for tomorrow!
Thanks for that...never seen it before. They only have yesterdays up at the moment so will check back tomorrow morning about FAR VIEW. Good racing tomorrow, so will hopefully get some winners!

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 3.05 Ascot SIDE GLANCE 1.5pts e/w 6/1 Bet 365 The Balding yard are struggling for winners with just 1 out of 23 runners but if you closer at the form their more fancied runners are pretty much running to form without winning. That can be said for this horse who finished a disappointing 3rd last time out on his reappearance. Sent off a well backed favourite that day, a much better display was expected but the winner looked very smart. I actually had a tip for the horse on the day so was pretty disappointed with the run. The horse looked very much in need of the run and finished well. The step up in trip today should suit and he should come on plenty for that outing but this is a much more competitive race. ZACINTO if returning to his best form would take this easily but its doubtful whether he will show his best form so is worth taking on. ETON FOREVER hacked up at Doncaster on his return to action and is a massive danger. He is well worth his place at this higher level and could well be up to winning this. KING OF DIXIE on this race last year beating an odds on favourite from the Stoute yard. He has won first time out in the last 3 seasons so must be respected but this is his toughest reappearance to date. He might just find 1 or 2 too good. ST MORITZ won a listed race last time out only just holding on, and this is more competitive so he could struggle to get the hat trick. SIDE GLANCE looks a solid each way bet in this 8 runner race where for me only 2 can be discounted. The lack of winners is a worry for the stable but this horse ran well enough on its return to suggest he could come on for the run and improve for the step up to a mile. Jimmy Fortune is back on board today and is 1 win from 1 ride on the horse. That all said, it very much depends on which ZACINTO turns up for the race.

Re: The Quackers school of thought... 2.30 Ascot FlOOD PLAIN 2pts win 4/1 Couldn't help myself at the prices. Disappointed in America but her 2 runs prior would put her in the picture. HEZMAH won well first time out and could be a cut above these but i'll take my chances with this one

2.30 Ascot FlOOD PLAIN 2pts win 4/1 Couldn't help myself at the prices. Disappointed in America but her 2 runs prior would put her in the picture. HEZMAH won well first time out and could be a cut above these but i'll take my chances with this one
Would have won with a clear run :sad

3.05 Ascot SIDE GLANCE 1.5pts e/w 6/1 Bet 365 The Balding yard are struggling for winners with just 1 out of 23 runners but if you closer at the form their more fancied runners are pretty much running to form without winning. That can be said for this horse who finished a disappointing 3rd last time out on his reappearance. Sent off a well backed favourite that day, a much better display was expected but the winner looked very smart. I actually had a tip for the horse on the day so was pretty disappointed with the run. The horse looked very much in need of the run and finished well. The step up in trip today should suit and he should come on plenty for that outing but this is a much more competitive race. ZACINTO if returning to his best form would take this easily but its doubtful whether he will show his best form so is worth taking on. ETON FOREVER hacked up at Doncaster on his return to action and is a massive danger. He is well worth his place at this higher level and could well be up to winning this. KING OF DIXIE on this race last year beating an odds on favourite from the Stoute yard. He has won first time out in the last 3 seasons so must be respected but this is his toughest reappearance to date. He might just find 1 or 2 too good. ST MORITZ won a listed race last time out only just holding on, and this is more competitive so he could struggle to get the hat trick. SIDE GLANCE looks a solid each way bet in this 8 runner race where for me only 2 can be discounted. The lack of winners is a worry for the stable but this horse ran well enough on its return to suggest he could come on for the run and improve for the step up to a mile. Jimmy Fortune is back on board today and is 1 win from 1 ride on the horse. That all said, it very much depends on which ZACINTO turns up for the race.
Pretty impressive I thought :nana:nana

3.40 Ascot ASKAR TAU 5pts win 11/2 VC Bet This might sound a bit crazy but I think this horse has had excuses for his last 6 runs dating all the way back to his last win. Since his last win he has disappointed twice in the Prix Du Cadran which is possibly too far for the horse. He has also had 3 runs returning from a lengthy break which can be excused as he never runs well fresh and always comes on a bundle for the run. The other excuse is soft ground at Longchamp as this horse most definitely prefers quick ground. The horse has had its pipe opener for this season which came earlier this month but he did run better than he normally does which is a positive. He gets his quick ground tomorrow and the stable have started to hit form with their last 3 runners all winning. There are plenty of things in his favour tomorrow to run a big race. Interestingly George Baker gets the chance on the horse again after a good run last time out even though Ryan Moore is at the course tomorrow. RAJIK may just need the run and BUXTED I don't think is quite up to this sort of level. AKMAL could prove to be one of the main dangers if finding some of his old sparkle, but he does have to put some disappointing efforts behind him. Both THEOLOGY and AAIM TO PROSPER may need this outing as well which leaves the BETCHWORTH KID and FREE AGENT. These two were closely matched last time out with the Alan King horse coming out on top. Step up in distance will suit both horses but with a run under his belt I expect FREE AGENT to reverse the form. Hopefully ASKAR TAU can get back to winning ways today with everything in his favour.
First max bet landed :nana:nana

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Cheers Richard. One more for tonight as I was going to back this horse if I got a winner. 8.10 Newcastle GRISSOM 2 pts win 5/1 VC Bet That favourite in this race may still have more improvement in him and beat the selection last year but I put this one in the "notebook" after its run last time out and said I would back it next time it runs. GRISSOM returned from a break at Ripon over 6f a few weeks ago and looked terribly unlucky not getting a run until it was far too late. He is very much entitled to come on for that run and I expect him to go very close with a trouble free passage. The trainer has had a winner today so hopefully this horse can add to his tally :hope

3.05 Ascot SIDE GLANCE 1.5pts e/w 6/1 Bet 365 The Balding yard are struggling for winners with just 1 out of 23 runners but if you closer at the form their more fancied runners are pretty much running to form without winning. That can be said for this horse who finished a disappointing 3rd last time out on his reappearance. Sent off a well backed favourite that day, a much better display was expected but the winner looked very smart. I actually had a tip for the horse on the day so was pretty disappointed with the run. The horse looked very much in need of the run and finished well. The step up in trip today should suit and he should come on plenty for that outing but this is a much more competitive race. ZACINTO if returning to his best form would take this easily but its doubtful whether he will show his best form so is worth taking on. ETON FOREVER hacked up at Doncaster on his return to action and is a massive danger. He is well worth his place at this higher level and could well be up to winning this. KING OF DIXIE on this race last year beating an odds on favourite from the Stoute yard. He has won first time out in the last 3 seasons so must be respected but this is his toughest reappearance to date. He might just find 1 or 2 too good. ST MORITZ won a listed race last time out only just holding on, and this is more competitive so he could struggle to get the hat trick. SIDE GLANCE looks a solid each way bet in this 8 runner race where for me only 2 can be discounted. The lack of winners is a worry for the stable but this horse ran well enough on its return to suggest he could come on for the run and improve for the step up to a mile. Jimmy Fortune is back on board today and is 1 win from 1 ride on the horse. That all said, it very much depends on which ZACINTO turns up for the race.
Did the very business very easily for us both :ok Looks like you have had a good day with one still to come. good luck with it, i might have a few pennies on

Re: The Quackers school of thought... Yeh it won well CPO! - 2pts BUTLER never looked like landing a blow. Very poor selection! - 2pts FLOOD PLAIN this horse should have won and I will be backing it next time out - 2 pts GRISSOM Probably would never have won but don't think the jockey was too hard on the horse + 10.8pts SIDE GLANCE well backed on the day and won very easily + 27.5 pts ASKAR TAU very nice win from this horse. Always looked as though he was going to win Bets - 16 Wins - 5 Losses - 9 Placed - 2 Bank - 155.3pts P/L - +53.3pts