** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Yep that was annoying. The handicap was void before the off so I'm not too worried about that but just needed another 3 and a bit overs for the 15 overs bet to come in and it looked like it couldn't lose :(. Still Buttler did the business for me so wasn't all bad. +7.2pts for the night and up to +49.88 overall now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

Monday 29 August 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Hampshire v Scottish Saltires (13:45 BST) 1.24 5 100.65 %
maximize.gif Kent v Derbyshire (13:45 BST) 1.64 2.54 100.35 %
maximize.gif Middlesex v Sussex (13:45 BST) 2.2 1.83 100.00 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Lancashire (13:45 BST) 1.53 2.75 101.58 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Essex (13:45 BST) 1.67 2.46 100.53 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Durham (13:45 BST) 1.79 2.22 100.91 %
maximize.gif Unicorns v Glamorgan (13:45 BST) 4.5 1.28 100.35 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) 1.75 2.25 101.59 %
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Worcestershire (13:45 BST) 1.72 2.34 100.63 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 A few bets for me today on what is the last day of the group phase in this competition. 2 in the TV game which is Surrey vs Durham which I'll do first and then 3 others. 3pts Surrey vs Durham - Over 8.5 6's 5/6 William Hill With the test match just completed and the ODI coming up I don't expect this match to be played on the middle of the square so there should be a short square boundary to go along with the short straight boundaries here. Both sides have decent hitters in their ranks and there is nothing much in either bowling attack which can't be attacked so I think we'll see a high scoring game which will involve at least 9 6's. 1pt ew C.Schofield Top Surrey Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Chris Schofield has been batting at four in the last couple of matches for the Lions and with qualification secured I would imagine they'll stick with that experiment to see if it's something that they can persevere with in the semi final at the weekend. Schofield has already gone well with a decent effort at Northampton and although he was out cheaply last time we saw him there's no reason why he can't go well on this good batting deck at the Kia Oval. He has produced many a cameo down at 7 so if he does come in higher then with longer to bat he should be able to get himself in and challenge the top scorers here. 5pts Yorkshire to beat Worcestershire 8/11 Victor Chandler Neither of these sides are in with a chance of qualifying this afternoon but Yorkshire have rediscovered their one day form at long last since Jacques Rudolph reappeared for them. They beat the leaders Sussex last time out which is a big boost for them while on the same day Worcestershire were losing to the Netherlands. Worcestershire's focus has to be on their upcoming Championship matches and with Yorkshire at home there's always the 'would like to go out with a bang in front of our own crowd' process, especially on a bank holiday where there should be a decent enough crowd. Yorkshire are the better side and they can win this one. 3pts Lancashire to beat Nottinghamshire 7/4 Blue Square Nottinghamshire have the most outside of outside chances of making the semi finals as a best runner up but they will have to do it without Alex Hales and Samit Patel who will be away with England. Lancashire have named their strongest squad for this game and they may just have a point to prove in this match after throwing away their T20 semi final on Saturday. We've seen all season that Lancashire have improved in one day cricket with each game and with Nottinghamshire's flimsy batting line up missing it's 2 best players I think Lancashire are excellent value this afternoon. 3pts Essex to beat Somerset 5/4 Skybet At the start of today Somerset didn't have a wicket keeper for this match with Craig Kieswetter and Jos Buttler away preparing with England. Somerset have tried to get Steve Snell registered for the afternoon but if they don't manage it they will have to play a 17 year old kid. It's not just the keeping which Somerset will be without but two very aggressive batsmen and in Buttler arguably their most in form batsman. Essex have decided to rest Masters and Shah in this match and they'll be without Bopara who is with England but in ten Doeschate and Napier they still have a couple of marquee game changers. Somerset could still be reeling from yet another runners up spot on Saturday and if they are feeling a bit sorry for themselves Essex can take full advantage. Somerset are weakened in their batting which is their strength so I'll have a go with Essex here.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Apart from Essex all bets won or in Schofield's case placed so was a good end to the group stages for me with a 9.8pt profit on the day. That puts me up to +59.68 overall now ahead of the semi finals. The semi finals are on Sunday and the semi final draw is: Surrey vs Sussex Somerset vs Durham Two good looking semi finals and one is on Sky and the other on the red button so should be plenty of markets about and hopefully lots of dosh to be won :hope.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Sunday is semi final day and I'm attacking both semis. Both are on sky although the Surrey/Sussex one is only through the red button. I'll do the other semi first. 6pts Durham to beat Somerset 10/11 VC I really like Durham in this semi final. Not only do they carry all the momentum in with them but they also have team news in their favour as well. Somerset are without two massive cogs in their wheel in Trescothick who is injured and Kieswetter who is away with England. That puts pressure on the likes of Jones and Suppiah who are being moved up to open but it dramatically reduces the length of this batting line up which has Maschede coming in at 6 if he's not shoved up the order. Durham can bat all the way down if needs be and in Collingwood, Mustard and Benkenstein they have 3 very in form batsmen. Durham's bowling attack is a country mile better than Somerset's and they have all bases covered and given the reduced hitting of Somerset's batsmen I have to believe it will be Durham who will be booking their suits for Lords after this semi. 4pts Over 7.5 6's 8/11 Stan James Taunton, big hitting line up's even allowing for no Trescothick and Kieswetter and bowling attacks which on the whole are pretty expensive. This line looks way way too low to me. On a bigger ground on Monday, Durham and Surrey served up double figures in 6's and that's exactly how I see this one going too. Unless the weather comes in and plays a part I don't see how this semi final can not be high scoring so with that in mind I'm happy to play the 6's at a lower than normal line for Taunton. 1pt ew J.Buttler Top Somerset Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I feel like I'm repeating myself here but I just have to keep taking Buttler while we're getting the prices we're getting on him. Considering he's only been 6/1 on the three occasions he's delivered for me in the last 3 weeks the fact we're getting 11/2 without Trescothick and Kieswetter is baffling. He's definitely going to be up the order here and probably have longer to bat and apart from facing a potentially better bowling attack I see no reason to desert county cricket's best finisher yet.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 And now the other semi. 4pts Sussex to beat Surrey 6/5 Blue Square I'm going slightly against the grain here and very much against the form guide but Sussex are proven quality in the big matches while Surrey haven't been in too many of them recently. We saw in the T20 when the going got tough Surrey were found wanting and it was Sussex who eventually sent them packing from that competition. Sussex come into this match in wretched form having lost their last 3 group matches but I think a lot of the motivation had gone as they barely had an opponent in seeing distance for most of the group and although Middlesex flew home they were never pipping Sussex with their run rate. Sussex are boosted by having Matt Prior available here and I think that will make them too strong for Surrey. Sussex bat a lot longer and in Monty and Yardy they have two spinners who can keep the Lions in check and send the Sharks back to Lords once again. 1pt ew C.Schofield Top Surrey Batsman 14/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I took Chris Schofield last week and he delivered a 12/1 place and I see no reason to desert him this week. Sussex have the bowling power to see the top order off cheaply enough for Schofield who still has the potential to be sacrificed up the order if the need arises. We saw last week he's hitting the ball wonderfully and if Spriegel has a knock like he played last week in him again well fair play to him. I'm not so sure he does though. This is a young Surrey batting line up who won't have faced the pressure of a semi final too often so they could struggle more than they usually might so at 14/1 the way he's hitting the ball I think Schofield is a cracking each way bet in this semi final.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I’ve backed Durham here too. Also like Durham most 6’s at 5/4. Without Tresco and Kieswetter, two of Somerset’s big hitters are taken out of the equation. Plus, Durham have won this market in eight of their last nine CB40 away games. The defeat was to Surrey, who blasted 8 sixes at the Oval trying to chase down 325.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Yea that's what the girl told me on the "live help".It means quite a lot of money to me.It's part of an accumalator involving Thomas Bjorn in d golf and Kilkenny in the hurling. However this is what it says in d rules on Bet365s(who I placed d bet with) website Match Sixes If a match is abandoned due to outside influences then all bets will be void. If a match is reduced in overs and a match result is reached then the team that hits the most sixes regardless of amount of overs faced will be the winners. In matches decided by a Super-Over, sixes hit during the Super-Over will not count for settlement purposes.

Yea that's what the girl told me on the "live help".It means quite a lot of money to me.It's part of an accumalator involving Thomas Bjorn in d golf and Kilkenny in the hurling. However this is what it says in d rules on Bet365s(who I placed d bet with) website Match Sixes If a match is abandoned due to outside influences then all bets will be void. If a match is reduced in overs and a match result is reached then the team that hits the most sixes regardless of amount of overs faced will be the winners. In matches decided by a Super-Over, sixes hit during the Super-Over will not count for settlement purposes.
Well based on that you have a case to argue.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I don't think he has. The match was abandoned. It wasn't a shortening of overs. An example of shortening of overs would be if Somerset had to come back out after the rain and were made to face a total of say 30 overs overall or like in the Surrey game where the the match was officially shortened to 24 overs before it started. The Durham match was a 40 over match which due to an outside interference - rain - had to be abandoned. Such is the quirks of cricket betting when rain comes along you would have been paid out on Surrey most 6's today but not Durham which is why I always say (and try) to make sure you know the rules before you bet as each bookie has different ones and you can exploit some and have get outs with others should rain come along. Awful day for me. Sussex and Durham both did massively disappointing no shows. Got my money back on the 6's bet but it still meant -14 for the day. I said to someone the other day that from a betting point of view I never wanted August to end. Today proved it :lol. Still +45.68 overall though. The final will be between Surrey and Somerset on the 17th September. I'll unstick this thread for now and re-stick it once the Championship has reached what looks like a thrilling conclusion.

I don't think he has. The match was abandoned. It wasn't a shortening of overs. An example of shortening of overs would be if Somerset had to come back out after the rain and were made to face a total of say 30 overs overall or like in the Surrey game where the the match was officially shortened to 24 overs before it started. The Durham match was a 40 over match which due to an outside interference - rain - had to be abandoned. Such is the quirks of cricket betting when rain comes along you would have been paid out on Surrey most 6's today but not Durham which is why I always say (and try) to make sure you know the rules before you bet as each bookie has different ones and you can exploit some and have get outs with others should rain come along. Awful day for me. Sussex and Durham both did massively disappointing no shows. Got my money back on the 6's bet but it still meant -14 for the day. I said to someone the other day that from a betting point of view I never wanted August to end. Today proved it :lol. Still +45.68 overall though. The final will be between Surrey and Somerset on the 17th September. I'll unstick this thread for now and re-stick it once the Championship has reached what looks like a thrilling conclusion.
I confudgulated myself and probably Jofusie! Talking about Durham/Somerset but thinking about Surrey/Sussex... As Kev says, Durham game was abandoned as Somerset never got to go back in after the delay... If they had that would've constituted reduced overs... Apologies for my duff info... I'll crawl back under my stone!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Saturday sees the final day of the county season played out with the CB40 final at Lords between Surrey and Somerset which starts at 11.30. I'm taking 3 in this final. 5pts Surrey to beat Somerset 10/11 Ladbrokes Surrey come into this final with the best record in the competition and perhaps more importantly with winning momentum from having won promotion to Division One in the County Championship during the week in which they had to win their last four matches to secure that promotion. They've only lost one 40 over competition all season and so they are very much the team to beat here. Somerset have stumbled towards the end of their season with a dodgy finish to the County Championship. They come into this match with a tired side too. Marcus Trescothick will play in this match but I don't believe he's anywhere near 100% fit but with him not going to the Champions League he has 6 months to rest after this. Nick Compton has been passed fit to play while Craig Kieswetter and Jos Buttler will also play despite arriving back in London quite late after England duty on Friday night. Surrey are at full strength and can play either Pragjan Ojha or Yasir Arafat depending on conditions. For me they have the stronger bowling attack of the two and I think it's that which will ensure they take the cup back across the river with them. 4pts Over 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Even at Lord's this looks a bit of a low line with the power and explosiveness that is contained in the two sets of batting line up's in this final. Somerset regularly hit a lot of 6's while Surrey's top 3 or 4 are all well established in the six hitting ranks too. Perhaps more importantly is there is no element of either bowling attack which can't be smoked into the stands and unlike last year this is not a day night match. I would expect the ropes to be in a little bit for this time of the year and we certainly saw Dhoni and Raina have no problems clearing the ropes on this ground last week. For me the line is one or two low which is low enough for me to take the overs here. 4pts A.Thomas' Performance Pts - 31&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Alfonso Thomas remains one of the best one day bowlers in the country and this line looks way too low to me. He's more than capable of taking 2 wickets in this match with his orthodox bowling in the powerplay at the start of the innings and his deadly death bowling towards the end of the innings. In the final last year he took 3/33 from his 8 overs in a losing cause. If he doesn't cover this with the ball he's handy with the bat down the order and could easily score the 11 needed to ensure he only needs one wicket. That would be a bonus though but I fully expect Alfonso Thomas to cover this line with the ball by taking at least two wickets over the 40 overs of Surrey's innings.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Not the final I wanted but still a small profit overall after Surrey win with the 6's void. Thomas was settled as loser but +0.55 for the final so +43.23 overall for the CB40 once I take off the Yorkshire outright which was pretty much the only outright which never gave us a run for our money this season. With that gain it means I end a thoroughly profitable county season +114.11 for all competitions. Roll on next summer :cigar. Well done to everyone who made profit on the CB40 and looking back through the thread there were a few of us :clap:clap.

With that gain it means I end a thoroughly profitable county season +114.11 for all competitions. Roll on next summer :cigar. Well done to everyone who made profit on the CB40 and looking back through the thread there were a few of us :clap:clap.
Cracking stats, an excellent summer:clap And to all the other winners:clap Yet another profitable series of threads in Other Sports:ok