** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 The CB40 season resumes on Sunday with TV matches and the works..

Sunday 17 July 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Surrey (13:45 BST) 2 1.98 100.51 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Unicorns (13:45 BST) 1.21 5.5 100.83 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Hampshire (13:45 BST) 2.34 1.72 100.63 %
maximize.gif Netherlands v Kent (13:45 BST) 5 1.3 96.92 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Essex (13:45 BST) 2.1 1.92 99.70 %
maximize.gif Scottish Saltires v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) 5.6 1.23 99.16 %
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Middlesex (13:45 BST) 2.05 2 98.78 %
The Durham vs Surrey game is the TV game and it's a 1.05pm start not 1.45pm.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Will come back with some bets in the morning. Teams have been a bit slow with team news with the T20 just finishing and I want to see the weather closer to match times before I commit any hard earned.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Going with 3 today, I'm hoping the TV game can avoid the bad stuff while Leicester should be ok. Fancy Essex too but I can't find any Notts team news and the weather is a touch iffy so I'll reluctantly leave it. 4pts Durham to beat Surrey Evs Betfred Durham come into this match two points behind Surrey who have won every game they've played in this tournament so far but the momentum has changed completely. Durham will be euphoric at reaching the T20 quarter finals while Surrey will be distraught that they didn't reach the last eight in that competition having needed to win just one of their last two and losing them both. Durham are a very good one day outfit and ok Ben Stokes is injured but Paul Collingwood plays his first 40 over match of the season today as does Michael di Venuto. Surrey haven't been picking Mark Ramprakash in one day cricket and over 40 overs they look a batsman light to me. Chris Tremlett has left to join England now unlike Durham's attack who are all fit and ready to go. I think with home advantage and good morale Durham look a decent bet at evens. 1pt ew P.Collingwood Top Durham Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Paul Collingwood is a class act at county level and I'm surprised we're getting him at 5/1 here. He's already scored a vital ton in the four day cricket since returning from injury and in the longer one day format of the game I'm expecting his class to shine through here especially as he's replacing Ben Stokes who had a vital impact in the first half of the CB40 season. Collingwood is pushing hard for his England spot back so a decent knock in front of the television cameras will do him no harm and with a refund secure for a place I'm more than happy to take Paul Collingwood this afternoon. 4pts Leicestershire to beat Hampshire 6/5 Skybet Leicestershire were in excellent form in the T20 competition qualifying from the North Group with ease. The same can be said about Hampshire but in the other two competitions Hampshire have been woeful. It's just not clicking for Hampshire at the minute and injuries continue to bite. Hampshire will be without Michael Lumb and Nic Pothas for this match and they are two big losses for a weak batting line up. Michael Carberry is slowly returning from his life threatening injury but too many of the batting is hit and miss. Shahid Afridi has left the club now. What I like about Leicestershire is towards the end of the T20 Abdul Razzaq didn't contribute too heavily, it was their youngsters who went well for them. Josh Cobb, James Taylor, Harry Gurney and Jigar Naik were all in good touch as was Andrew McDonald who is above county level. With a bit of momentum behind them I'll take the Foxes to get past a light looking Hampshire batting line up this afternoon in a match which could easily be a T20 final dress rehearsal.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Right CB40 returns then after the whole T20 season itself takes a break. Far too many matches played in that competition in my opinion but don't want to get into that right now. Anyways, weather looks to affect if not call off a fair few matches today, so I'm wary, but still taken the one which Kev has already mentioned. Leicestershire to beat Hampshire- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) As Kev has ellduded to, the Foxes had a hugely successful T20 qualifying campaign, which should give them confidence going into the longer form of one day cricket which they struggled with a touch at the beginning of the season. A couple of their youngsters performed well in the T20, Cobb and Gurney in particular. Youngsters in from, backed up with the experience of Hoggard, Henderson and Nixon, as well as James Taylor, one of the brightest stars in English cricket gives me some confidence on this Leicestershire side at the minute. Hampshire on the other hand, despite being the best side in the T20 by far, have a lot of absentees today, with the likes of McKenzie, Myburgh, Afridi, Jones and Danny Briggs are all missing today for one reason or another, leaving a lot of youngsters to fill their places, who although are promising, do lack that experience in domestic cricket. Without Neil McKenzie though I see as a huge blow, as he is their most consistent batsman these days, so if the top order struggles, it's questionable whether Bates, Mascarenhas and Dawson will provide sufficient stability for the Royals so I'll back Leicestershire at odds against to continue their impressive form, started in the T20.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I still remain of the opinion that they would have definitely got the runs and we were robbed of some profit... :lol But yeah, few televised matches as well this week which should be fairly attractive from out point of views.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Got the small boundaries of Chelmsford as well this week. Do really hope the game up at Manchester is on tomorrow but won't hold my breath on that. If it is, Procter at 25/1 for top bat with Coral with a shot of around 5/1 in the top 3 :loon. Really attractive to me that but we'll see with regards to the conditions.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 A lot of rain about in the past few days and there's meant to be a bit around tonight but we should see a completed game at last. Taken 3 in total, with the 2 top bat picks, influenced by the weather. Durham to beat Hampshire- 11/10 Coral- (3/10) Opposed the Royals in their last match against Leicestershire but that was called off due to the weather, but I'm going against them again today. A lot of the same reasoning applies really, they will be without a lot of key players in both the batting and bowling departments whilst Durham will be virtually at full strength with some of the best county players about. No McKenzie, Myburgh or Lumb at the top of the order, whilst Briggs, Jones and possibly Mascarenhas will be further absentees. Durham have had arguably the best season out of all the counties, and their confidence will be high given their advance to the quarters in the T20. They have Di Venuto and Collingwood available for the 40 over competition now, which just adds further strength to this strong side, in which the likes of Muchall, Benkenstein, Blackwell and Mustard with the bat, and Onions, Clayton and Rushworth with the ball are some of the best players on the county circuit and figure in this side. Just feel given Hampshire's fairly inexperienced side today, Durham are superior in all aspects so more than happy to take them for the win as the underdogs today. Gordon Muchall Top Durham Batsman- 5/1 Coral- (1/10) E/W- 1/5, 1,2,3 Very rarely do you see a team's highest run scorer and the overall run leader in the competition who bats at 4 available at 5/1 to top score, and get a push if he comes in the top 3, but this is just what we've got here. Muchall has hit 5 50's in his 6 innings in this competition and tops the run scoring list in the CB40 this season. Can only think he's at this price because he didn't have the best T20 campaign but that doesn't put me off Muchall here given what he has shown he can do this year in one day cricket. I also like the fact that rain possibly could affect the match later, so the overs may be reduced a touch, but if 20 overs are completed in the innings, the top batsman market becomes active. Muchall bats at 4 in this Durham one day side, so he will have time at the crease no matter how many overs the match will be, and if it has been reduced a fair bit, this 5/1 for a guy batting at 4 looks huge as it's highly unlikely they will be all out or lose a ton of wickets in my opinion. Regardless of that, I'm backing him for what he's done so far in this competition, which includes, 67 no against Hampshire earlier on in the season where he topscored so I will back him to repeat that performance again today. Sean Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman- 6/1 Coral- (1/10) E/W- 1/5, 1,2,3 Granted Sean Ervine hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination with the bat this year, but he is still a quality cricketer in every aspect of the game so the price still looks a tad high for me. As mentioned, Hampshire are missing a fair few of their key top order batsman, so more pressure will be on the likes of Adams, Carberry, Vince, Howell and Ervine today against this strong Durham attack. Ervine looks as though he will come in at number 3 like he did against Leicestershire a couple of days ago, so there will be plenty of time for him to get his eye in and put together some runs. He has shown glimpses of returning to form in his last couple of innings where he managed to score 32 in the championship, but also 34 no on this Rose Bowl pitch in the final T20 match which was called off eventually. He only needed 14 balls for that 34, so he couldn't have been seeing the ball too terribly, which should give him confidence going into today, knowing he could do with a decent score. He's still remains one of Hampshire's best players, so I'll back him to come good today with the bat.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for me today as well. Agree completely with Fishy. 5pts Durham to beat Hampshire Evs Coral Hampshire have priorities in other places this season and that has shown with the squad they've named today which doesn't include McKenzie or Briggs who are being saved for the much more important Championship action with Hampshire needing to sprout wings and fly to avoid relegation. This is a much bigger match for Durham who have half an eye on a domestic treble. Certainly a Lord's final is well within their grasp in this competition but they will need to win here. They've named a strong squad with Onions, Collingwood and di Venuto all included and with motivations in different directions in this competition Durham look a solid call in this one. 4pts Under 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The South East of England has been under water for the last 48hrs with the amount of rain that's been falling so this wicket is bound to play slow and it could hoop around a bit if the preparation hasn't been as possible as would have been liked. Both sides have decent bowling attacks and I don't see this being an overly high scoring game with what would be a pretty wet outfield and the ball won't be easy to hit. The boundaries here are pretty big as well and only one side look a natural six hitting side. Hampshire's batting line up looks a genuine batsman short so they won't be able to take too many risks too early and in a low scoring game I don't see 6 6's being hit here. 1pt ew S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Sean Ervine has struggled with injuries this season and has been largely disappointing but he produced some nice cameos in the T20 and with Hampshire fielding a young side tonight they will look to him to deliver a significant innings with the bat. He could well bat as high as 4 tonight with Hampshire liking Carberry down at 5 in this competition but if Hampshire start well then Ervine could easily come in at 3 as he did at Leicester on Sunday. He'll be Hampshire's quickest scorer while he's at the crease and when the innings is done this 6/1 could look a big price.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Really should have been more confident in Durham there. Never looked like losing, and looking at the sides, they should have been massive favourites. Small loss of -0.70 tonight though due to Ervine and Muchall not figuring in the top 3, which leaves me on +21.88. Hopefully can improve on that in the Essex match tomorrow. Good night for Kev again, with the 6's bet coming in safely. Thread going strong :clap

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Decent night last night. +6.33 for that match and +15.35 overall now. 2 for tonight. 5pts Essex vs Glamorgan - Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet I think this line looks a little bit low. Admittedly we're not going to see the number of 6's we saw in the T20 here but there's enough hitters to yield half a dozen 6's in this one. Shah, Bopara, ten Doeschate, Napier and Styris are all big hitters for Essex while the likes of Rees, Wallace, Cooke and even someone like Harris can hit the ball a decent way for Glamorgan. Neither bowling attack is fantastic and we've already seen 11 6's hit in a CB40 match on this ground this season. Hitting conditions may not be ideal but with the short boundaries I think we can still get the required amount of 6's tonight. 1pt ew S.Styris Top Essex Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Scott Styris plays his final match for Essex this season in this match and having asked to play a couple of CB40 matches for nothing as a pay back for missing some of the T20 I'm sure he's going to want to go out with a bang. Even in this international quality line up Styris can still match any of them and with Foster out injured he's lost a potential danger. Given that it's his last match he may be shoved up the order for the Chelmsford faithful to see as much of him as possible and at 7/1 he looks a really good each way bet in this one.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

Sunday 24 July 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Kent (13:45 BST) 1.9 2.1 100.00 %
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) 2.51 1.62 101.57 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) 2.31 1.72 101.18 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Warwickshire (13:45 BST) 1.61 2.68 99.43 %
maximize.gif Unicorns v Lancashire (13:45 BST) 7.2 1.16 99.61 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Sussex (13:45 BST) 2.98 1.5 100.22 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Those two were annoying voided. Another 6's line they got away with :wall. 3 for today. 4pts Kent to beat Derbyshire 11/10 Ladbrokes Although Kent are struggling to qualify from this group they've still named their strongest possible squad so winning games in this competition is still important to them. If this is to be the last season of 40 over cricket, as it is likely to be, then they want to take a few wins away with them. Derbyshire are in the rare position of being able to qualify from this group but we saw in the T20 when they got into that position that they got a nosebleed and soon disappeared without trace. Kent will be without Rob Key this afternoon but they've still named a strong batting line up and if the likes of Denly, van Jaarsveld and Stevens get going then they are likely to have too much for a Derbyshire side who rely massively on their top 4 batsmen. Odds against is a trifle too big for the visitors here and as such I'm happy to get on. 3pts Gloucestershire to beat Nottinghamshire 11/8 Bet365 Gloucestershire probably don't harbour too many hopes of getting out of this group but they still have a lot of games to play in the competition so they may not give up all trace of qualification just yet and they face a Nottinghamshire side here who have never really given me the impression they have much ambition in this competition. Today they leave out Adam Voges who had been skippering the side in one day cricket so they go in without an overseas batsman here. Having come off a turning track at the Rose Bowl their batsmen will need to get back to batting on a relatively quick pitch straight away which is never easy. Gloucestershire have just dominated Kent in a four day game where Chris Taylor hit 190 odd. With him in form and the likes of Marshall, O'Brien, Williamson and Gidman all capable of decent knocks and a few others offering cameos then I think Gloucestershire could cause a bit of an upset on a Cheltenham ground which they play well at and which suits their bowling attack well. 3pts Leicestershire to beat Northamptonshire 5/4 Skybet This one could be a bit of a risk as Leicestershire will obviously have their main focus on the T20 quarter final especially as qualifying from this group doesn't look an option but in a way that's fine because they can play with freedom and make sure everyone keeps their form up going into that quarter final. As I mentioned in the CC thread this week, this is a Northants season which is in real danger of falling away and having been in a good position to qualify from this group a defeat to Scotland last weekend has halted them in their tracks. They still have a few niggles and knocks that they are protecting and their focus is probably on the Championship rather than this even though they are in a good position in this competition still. However Leicestershire remain a dangerous side and with retaining form for the biggest match of their season in 2 weeks a necessity I think they could go well this afternoon and upset the one time leaders of this group.

Slight loss yesterday so back to +13.10 now. One for today. 4pts Hampshire to beat Northants Evs Stan James As I suspected when I took them on yesterday, Northants' season continues to nose dive. They're just not batting anywhere near well enough. The same could be said for Hampshire but Hampshire have enough in their line up to score runs. There could just be a Hampshire backlash here after the decision to dock them 8pts for a poor wicket in the Championship over the weekend. Neither side will qualify from this group but with the quality of Mascarenhas, Tahir and Briggs in their bowling attack and Adams, Ervine and Vince in their batting line up Hampshire have the tools to get the job done this afternoon. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for tonight's TV game. 4pts Hampshire to beat Warwickshire 11/10 Bet365 Hampshire have been the subject of a decent gamble throughout the day and I can see why. As I said yesterday they may have a point to prove after the weekend's points deduction and they certainly did that yesterday with a huge win over Northants. Warwickshire's defence of their title has been hit and miss, mostly miss it must be said, and they don't really have much of a chance of progressing after their defeat to Surrey at the weekend. They look like a side who are massively missing Darren Maddy with bat and ball and while Hampshire are resting Neil McKenzie and are without Michael Lumb and Nic Pothas through injury the likes of Benny Howell and Liam Dawson who've come in are decent enough players in their own right. It will be a decent crowd at Edgbaston tonight as it's free to get in and Hampshire often perform to their best in front of good crowds as the contrast in their T20 and Championship form would show. Hampshire won their T20 quarter final on this ground last year and can follow that up with another win there tonight. 3pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill This line looks low enough to have a touch on the overs tonight. That huge stand which has gone up at Edgbaston has taken out some of the boundary to the straight side and can be exploited while the square boundaries can be short depending on which wicket they use. I would imagine with the test match being only 2 weeks away that they won't be right in the middle of the square as preparation for that wicket will have started now, so there should be a few short boundaries. The likes of Ervine, Mascarenhas, Wood, Carter, Woakes and Clarke are all natural big hitters but then there's players like Adams, Vince, Dawson, Porterfield, Ambrose and even Barker who can hit a big ball when the right one comes along. There's no magic or mystery in either bowling attack really apart from Mascarenhas who continues to take wickets. Most of this Warwickshire side will have faced Imran Tahir in the nets last season so he shouldn't be the issue he might against other counties so with hittable attacks, some decent hitters with short boundaries and no pressure to win on either side I think we can see 6 sail over the ropes. 1pt ew L.Dawson Top Hampshire Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Liam Dawson has been one of the few successes with the bat for Hampshire this season and I expect him to go well tonight in a number 5 position which I think is perfect for him in one day cricket as he plays spin well and can attack the seamers too. He's Hampshire's leading run scorer in Championship cricket and looks set to be nailing down his chance in one day cricket if last night's 66 ball 70 is anything to go by. Most Hampshire fans are delighted Michael Carberry is back from his life threatening illness but he's in no form at all and neither is Ervine who is batting 3 so there's a good ew chance for Dawson who could easily run into the top score if Woakes takes out the top order.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Just upped my stake on the 6's to 5pts in total at 5/6. Just seen the wicket and there are 3 short boundaries. It's a used wicket but the boundaries are relatively short and with both sides having a mix of left and right handers the short boundaries will always be in play so it's now 5pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill for the reasoning stated above.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Shambles 2nd halves to both Hampshire innings cost them dearly. The 6's was in relatively early though so it was only a 1.83pt loss on the night. Back to +14.27 overall now but with TV games for the next two nights hopefully that can be improved upon in the coming days.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I missed out on the early price but I'll still take Ed Joyce as top Sussex batsman at 10/3 with StanJames, he's just come off a century against Worcestershire from 89 balls and finished 101*, and he seems to like this format, and there is no doubting his qualities and skills and I'll go with him, 7/10 Strength for 2.5U's...

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 2 for me. 4pts Sussex -3.5wickets/24.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet Sussex have won their last 5 matches in this competition and we've seen for the last 4-5 years that they are one of the best one day sides in the country. With the Championship no longer a realistic aim in terms of winning I'm sure they'll put all their focus on winning this competition and the T20. I thought Yorkshire would go well in this competition but they've been very poor. The bare facts are their batting has been woeful so far and although Jacques Rudolph is back now I think it's going to take more than him to sort out the problems with the batting. Tim Bresnan is away with England today as well which is no help. Sussex have an excellent batting line up with Joyce, Nash, Goodwin, Vincent and Yardy all very good at this level and the likes of Rana Naved, Yardy, Monty and Rayner are hard to get away with the ball. I like this handicap because if Sussex bat first I don't see Yorkshire's batting coping with the scoreboard pressure and if they bat 2nd then the chances are they could be chasing a lowish total with Yorkshire's weak batting but they have just chased 220 with 10 overs to spare against Worcestershire at the weekend. I think Sussex will win this pretty comfortably. 1pt ew G.Ballance Top Yorkshire Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Gary Ballance comes into this match having top scored in Yorkshire's last one day match against Middlesex. Earlier on in the season he was opening the batting for Yorkshire in this competition and while he won't open today it shows the regard Yorkshire hold him in and also the ability he has as opening the batting in England isn't easy. We saw him play a couple of tasty T20 knocks live on sky in a disappointing Yorkshire campaign in that competition and with one or two above him in the batting line up short of form I think he looks a good each way bet here. Ballance is third highest scorer in the competition for Yorkshire this season despite only playing in half the matches so I'll take him each way here.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 +15.60 now. 2 for tonight. 5pts Middlesex to beat Derbyshire 8/11 Skybet This is an important match for both sides in Group A after Sussex's win last night. Middlesex will go level on points with the Sharks if they win this and perhaps just as importantly they will go 3pts clear of Derbyshire. Derbyshire will move into 2nd with a win and they'll be just one point behind Sussex. However I think Middlesex will win tonight. Steven Finn is still in their squad despite Chris Tremlett's injury while the likes of Malan, Rogers, Newman and Stirling are all in good form with the bat. Tim Murtagh and Corey Collymore back up Steven Finn nicely with the ball. Derbyshire have a real good player in Martin Guptill and the likes of Chesney Hughes, Wes Durston and Wayne Madsen are good batsmen and the Falcons will be pleased to have Greg Smith back but for me their bowling attack doesn't match up to Middlesex's and the bowlers will be crucial at Lords. Jones, Turner and Groenewald are good in their own right but they don't match up to Middlesex's pace power and that can be the difference. I expect Middlesex to win on their own patch here. 4pts Over 11.5 wides 5/6 William Hill These two sides aren't new to bowling wides and the slope at Lords can only exaggerate that. Middlesex sent 16 wides down in their last CB40 match at Headingley while Derbyshire flung down 14 wides in their last match against Kent so we've got two sides who have the potential for covering this line on their own especially with the slope and the possible swing in humid conditions. We saw in a T20 match on Sky that Steffan Jones sent 10 wides down in his first two balls against Worcestershire while the likes of Finn has been known to slide a few down leg side when his wrist position goes a bit wrong. Both sets of bowling attacks leak wides so I expect them to deliver at least 12 wides here. We have the bonus that there's a few medium pacers which keepers could stand up to the stumps to and if they fire a wide down we might get 5 wides from it which is almost half this total. I'm happy to take the overs here.

+15.60 now. 2 for tonight. 5pts Middlesex to beat Derbyshire 8/11 Skybet This is an important match for both sides in Group A after Sussex's win last night. Middlesex will go level on points with the Sharks if they win this and perhaps just as importantly they will go 3pts clear of Derbyshire. Derbyshire will move into 2nd with a win and they'll be just one point behind Sussex. However I think Middlesex will win tonight. Steven Finn is still in their squad despite Chris Tremlett's injury while the likes of Malan, Rogers, Newman and Stirling are all in good form with the bat. Tim Murtagh and Corey Collymore back up Steven Finn nicely with the ball. Derbyshire have a real good player in Martin Guptill and the likes of Chesney Hughes, Wes Durston and Wayne Madsen are good batsmen and the Falcons will be pleased to have Greg Smith back but for me their bowling attack doesn't match up to Middlesex's and the bowlers will be crucial at Lords. Jones, Turner and Groenewald are good in their own right but they don't match up to Middlesex's pace power and that can be the difference. I expect Middlesex to win on their own patch here.
Getting back into the game after a hiatus and pretty happy to tail you on this for all the same reasons mentioned. Good Luck:hope

Sunday 31 July 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Netherlands v Yorkshire (10:00 BST) 4 1.25 105.00 % inrunning.gif
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Nottinghamshire (13:30 BST) 2.61 1.63 99.66 %
maximize.gif Durham v Warwickshire (13:45 BST) 1.7 2.46 99.47 %
maximize.gif Essex v Somerset (13:45 BST) 2.35 1.8 98.11 %
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Lancashire (13:45 BST) 2.36 1.72 100.27 %
maximize.gif Hampshire v Leicestershire (13:45 BST) 1.8 2.56 94.62 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Kent (13:45 BST) 2 1.93 101.81 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 +15.25 now. Going with 2 today. 6pts Hampshire to beat Leicestershire 4/5 Stan James Hampshire have named their strongest squad for this match and it's a squad which includes Neil McKenzie to hold the batting together which collapsed so dramatically. Leicestershire can't have a whole amount of confidence coming in here having been rolled over for 34 on Friday and with Andrew McDonald nipping off to Australia they are going to have to find not only a new opener but someone to bat through the innings to allow Cobb to do his stuff. Leicestershire's season revolves purely around Saturday afternoon so I wouldn't be surprised if they rest some players this afternoon. The likes of Matthew Hoggard is still injured anyway. Hampshire are at full strength and they're at home and I think 4/5 is a fantastic price here and they fully merit a solid bet here. 3pts Worcestershire to beat Kent Evs Blue Square Neither of these sides can make it through to the semi finals but Worcestershire will look to play well on home soil while it's clear Kent have put all their eggs into Saturday's basket as there's no Denly, Jones, Mahmood or Wahab Riaz for this match while Rob Key is injured. In terms of experienced players the only ones named for Kent this afternoon are van Jaarsveld, Tredwell and Stevens. Vikram Solanki and Moeen Ali both make good scores in the Championship in the week so they are in good nick and Saeed Ajmal will always be a threat in one day cricket. Worcestershire are never ones to wholly rely on but if their mindset is right they should be good enough to beat this very young Kent side today.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 These London start times keep catching me out :$. 2 for today. It's a 3.40 kick off. 4pts Surrey (-3.5 wickets/20.5 runs) to beat Northants 10/11 Sportingbet Surrey are unbeaten in the competition and I don't see that changing here. Northants have set their stall out for promotion in the Championship and their form in the CB40 since the T20 break has shown that as it's been awful recently. They've decided to rest Chaminda Vaas for this game which isn't entirely helpful but they are struggling with the bat which definitely isn't helping on a ground where high scoring is a necessity. Surrey will be without Jade Dernbach and Stuart Meaker who are playing with the England Lions here. Chris Tremlett will also be missing but the likes of Arafat, Jordan and Linley should be good enough in the seam attack with Batty and Ansari spinning. Mark Ramprakash has been intenally suspended for this one but Surrey's top 5 has more than enough quality in it and then the likes of Ansari, Jordan, Arafat and Batty can propel the total. Surrey's form in this competition has been superb and with Northants putting all their efforts into next week's crunch Championship match with Middlesex, I expect a comfortable Surrey win here. 3pts 6 or more 6's 6/5 Sportingbet This is a bet which I know I could end up thinking why didn't I stake more on it but the way the Northants batting line up is going I'd rather play safe. They've still got enough hitters in their side though with the likes of Loye, Wakely, White and O'Brien all capable of hitting a big ball. Surrey's top 5 can all hit multiple 6's as can Arafat and Ansari and even Schofield if he plays. I don't expect this match to be on a wicket in the middle of the outfield as preparation for the test match wicket will have begun so there should be a short square boundary on one side while the straight boundary to the OCS stand continues to be a comfortable distance for hitting over. 6 6's when the wicket is good here isn't a lot to ask and with Surrey not having played at The Oval since the 14th July the wicket should be fresh. There's enough hitting power in both sides to get the 6 6's we require here.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Small loss yesterday. +16.65 now. 4pts Derbyshire -2.5wickets/20.5runs to beat Worcestershire 5/6 Sportingbet Took a hit on a handicap yesterday but I'll go with it again here as I expect Derbyshire to win this comfortably. Worcestershire's attention must be on the Championship now while this is everything Derbyshire have left to play for now. If they are to have any chance of getting into the semi finals this is a must must win game. Their top 5 looks strong and puts up solid runs and they have a bowling attack which bowl well in their own conditions. Saeed Ajmal aside there's no demons in the Worcestershire bowling attack and Worcestershire look a genuine batsman light as well. This is a fairly young Worcestershire side but they've only won once all season. Derbyshire coasted past them in the reverse fixture and I expect an equally one sided win this evening.