** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

kevshat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Not much vlaue about today Yorkshire should beat a depleted Kent but 11/17 not much use. Was interested in Hants at 11/8 now Dimi is back but they have a youngish team out and durham tough at home Huge toss bias in last 5 years at Grace road in favour of batting first but 1/2 Bears too short and not sure Foxes have the batting to win (2 non contract players in) to win this after failing last week against Surrey not getting 208 Sussex should beat Derby but again 8/13 no value. Neither are Derbshire at 6/4 Quite like Glamorgan as Gloucs have no Lewis or Marshall, not impressed by Kane Williamson or O'Brien

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

Sunday 15 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Hampshire (13:45 BST) 1.77 2.37 98.60 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Gloucestershire (13:45 BST) 1.8 2.24 100.20 %
maximize.gif Scottish Saltires v Surrey (13:45 BST) 7 1.15 101.24 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Lancashire (13:45 BST) 1.57 3.05 96.42 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Derbyshire (13:45 BST) 1.61 2.68 99.22 %
maximize.gif Unicorns v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) 7.4 1.16 99.72 %
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Kent (13:45 BST) 1.61 2.62 100.00 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Warwickshire (14:15 BST) 2.62 1.64 99.07 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 2 for me this afternoon on what is a tricky looking card. One in the TV game and one away from the cameras. TV game is Leicestershire vs Warwickshire which I'll do first. 5pts Leicestershire vs Warwickshire - Under 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet There's been two CB40 matches at Grace Road this season and although the first one against Durham covered this total it was only down to the pyrotechnics of Ian Blackwell. There isn't a Blackwell on show today so I think this line will stay safe. In the first sky game at Grace Road this season Leicestershire played a Scotland side who don't bless the best bowling attack in the world but the match only contained one six. Bell and Trott playing would've helped the line but even so Chopra and Yousuf will be Warwickshire's main men with the bat and neither of those are renowned 6 hitters. James Taylor is Leicester's main batsman and he's not an explosive hitter either so I'll take the unders here. 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Glamorgan 6/5 Bet365 Gloucestershire look a big price in this one given that they've already beaten Glamorgan this season and only Somerset have beaten the Gladiators in CB40 this season. Gloucestershire come in here with some injuries to Marshall, Lewis and Dent but they still have some good players in Chris Taylor, Alex Gidman, David Payne and Kevin O'Brien who makes his debut this afternoon. Kane Williamson is also a good talent who should enjoy this Cardiff track. Glamorgan have only won one match this season and generally haven't done as well as they should've in one day cricket over the last couple of years. I still think their batting offers too many middle order collapses to be successful and so at odds against I'll take Gloucestershire to complete the double over the Welsh side.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Small gain with the 6's on Sunday as Gloucestershire were about 25 runs light. Still the small gains all add up. +22.92 now. TV game today is Middlesex vs Worcestershire and I like a few in this. 3pts Worcestershire to beat Middlesex 13/8 Skybet This price is slightly on the large side especially when we consider it's a day night match. As I type it's a bit cloudy in the south so that won't help whoever is batting 2nd as the ball is sure to do a bit when the lights come on. On the opening day of the CB40 season Worcestershire were well on course to beat Middlesex until Gareth Berg produced a superb spell of bowling but since then Middlesex's only other wins have come against Netherlands. Worcestershire have beaten Kent and lost to Derbyshire. It's fair to say neither are the most consistent or reliable which is another reason why Worcestershire are a touch of value here. Middlesex have no Andrew Strauss or Steven Finn this afternoon and although Eoin Morgan is back from the IPL he's gone straight over to the England Lions side so he won't be playing either. Ben Scott is on loan from Middlesex at Worcestershire and while I'm not sure if he's allowed to play for Worcester it means he won't be keeping wicket for Middlesex. Worcestershire will definitely be without their captain Daryl Mitchell but although Vikram Solanki and Ben Scott picked up injuries on the dodgy pitch at Edgbaston last week I've seen nothing to suggest both won't play if Scott is eligible which I suspect he won't be. Moeen Ali will skipper Worcestershire in Mitchell's absence. I don't think there's a huge amount between these sides. Consistency is a weakness for both and with Steven Finn not in Middlesex's bowling attack today that might just open up a scoring area for Worcestershire to sneak through and win this. 5pts Under 4.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Lord's is a huge ground. It doesn't look all that big on TV but when you are there to appreciate how big a hit it is to clear the boundaries here. All the reports I've had and read suggest the one day wickets at HQ this season haven't been the easiest to bat on and I think that's fair looking at the scorecards although Middlesex vs Netherlands was 280 vs 280 but still only yielded 4 6's. I certainly don't expect a high scoring game like that tonight under the lights, especially when both sides have their strength in their bowling attacks. Neither side has what I would call an out and out smasher of a cricket ball and so although we may well see the odd six being hit I don't think we'll see 5 balls clear the ropes of these big boundaries. 3pts V.Solanki to beat C.Rogers Evs Coral I quite like this price. Vikram Solanki is a very classy one day batsman and has churned out runs for a number of years at the top of the Royals order. In fact so prolific has he been in one day colours for Worcestershire that he's only 88 runs away from passing 10000 one day runs for the county. The key to this bet is Solanki opens the batting whereas Rogers has been batting at 4 in one day cricket for the Panthers. Obviously batting at 4 Rogers could be forced to give his wicket away if the top 3 have gone well or if Middlesex need a boost to their run rate he could slip further down the order. Solanki will open and having hit a 61 off 58 balls when these two met on the opening day I think he can see off Middlesex's overseas star today. 1pt ew J.Cameron Top Worcestershire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) James Cameron is Worcestershire's top scorer in this competition this season and has already hit a solid 40 against Middlesex in the tournament. He's also made a top scoring 69 in the match against Derbyshire so he's in decent form with the bat in this comp. He opens the batting in Championship cricket so we know he's got the technique to go ok and with Mitchell missing now he could even be moved up to bat at 4 in the order wihch would enhance his chances of top scoring. I'm never completely sure about Kervezee at 3 and if one of the top three fail then that puts Cameron in a good ew position but if he can bat the majority of the overs he'll go very close to top scoring for the Royals tonight.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Taking one today and similiar thinking to Kev on the sixes bet. Under 4.5 sixes- 5/6 William Hill- (5/10) Not too many big hitters on show today. Morgan is missing for Middlesex and the only player in their team who I see really trying to pound the maximums on in Gareth Berg. Worcestershire also aren't the biggest of hitters and with Lords the size it is, hard to see more than 5 sixes in the match. The cloudy conditions should help the bowlers as well, and with the second innings to be played in the dark, should be a really tough wicket to score a ton of runs. Over 550 runs were scored on this wicket when Holland played Middlesex, and that match only produced 3 sixes. There won't be as many runs scored today and there definitely shouldn't be any more sixes so unders for me.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Gareth Andrew killed the sixes bet without the first innings being concluded :lol. Leaves me on +19.92 overall. Kev looks like he'll be in good stead as things stand. Worcestershire look well set and Cameron has played a solid knock. :clap

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Ended up with a 1.4pt loss from the game after being let down by the Worcestershire team line up which had no Solanki or Wright in it. +21.52 overall now but I'll hope to build on that when Hampshire take on Northants on the box on Friday.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 TV game today. Bit late with bets but glad I waited on Northants team news. 5pts Hampshire to beat Northants Evs Coral Initially I fancied Northants to win this match but having seen Chaminda Vaas has been rested and there's talk of a couple of others being rested I'm back with my beloved Hampshire to win this match. One of the reasons why I was thinking about Northants winning this was because we'll be without Jimmy Adams tonight and he's a strong cog in our engine at the top of the order. I also liked the variety in the Northants attack but some of that goes with Vaas not playing. With Dimi back we have a good enough attack to win matches and if the likes of McKenzie and Myburgh who returns tonight along with Ervine can stick up a decent amount of runs on this top notch batting track then I think Hampshire will end Northants' unbeaten record here. 3pts Over 4.5 6's 5/6 William Hill In the first match in this competition at the Rose Bowl this season there were 11 6's so this line looks a little low even accounting for the fact there was only one in the Surrey game there. That match was played after a Championship game but this one should be on a fresh wicket as our last Championship game was at Headingley. Both sides have enough hitters in their ranks to hit 5 6's. There's Ervine, Dimi, Cork and even the likes of Dawson, Vince and Myburgh who can hit big for us while Northants have O'Brien, White, Sales and even Hall and Middlebrook. We don't need someone to go bonkers here. Just solid scoring will see 5 6's over the course of the 80 overs tonight. 1pt ew D.Sales Top Northants Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) David Sales remains one of Northants best batsmen and I think he'll go well tonight. Crucially he should avoid Dimi's opening 8 over spell where he can trouble any batsman and that could take care of the in form Niall O'Brien with a bit of luck. I think the rest of our attack are ok to score off as Clarke and Maddy showed when we were last on the TV. Sales has placed in the two innings he's had in this tournament so far but was only 1 run off top scoring against Warwickshire last time out when he ran out of overs. One of the better one day batsmen in the country when he's on song and on these good wickets at the Rose Bowl I think he can show us that again today and push for the honours in the Northants batting card.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Had a poor one this week with the tennis, so hopefully the televised match today can make up for that. Taking 3 in total. Hampshire over 17.5 4s- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Northamptonshire over 17.5 4s- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Same bet for both innings as the line does look on the low side to me. Granted there will be some top quality bowlers on show such as Jones, Vaas, Briggs, Mascarenhas and Hall, but even so 18 boundaries isn't alot in the modern game especially with the amount of batting quality in both sides. Northamptonshire have yet to lose a match this year and all of their batsman have hit some runs. They have got genuine boundary hitters in the shape of O'Brien, Vaas, Wakely, Sales and also Middlebrook down the order. Anyone of the mentioned players could bring this total close on their own if they get going. Hampshire are similiar in terms of having many players in their team who are genuine shotmakers. Although Adams will be missing, Myburgh, Vince, Howell, Mckenzie at the top of the order are all capable of hitting big scores and pasting the boundaries alongside that. They're backed up by additional hitters down the order such as Mascarenhas and Ervine, who are extremely competant batsman, indicating to me that the line should be a few boundaries higher than what it is for both teams. It's understandable why Ladbrokes have put the line as it is. The fact that the second innings will be under the floodlights, and also the amount of runs scored at the Rose Bowl in the last one day match was very low indeed give some reasoning behind the line. However, if Marcus Trescothick can manage to score 227 a few weeks back, the pitch cannot be that horrid to bat on so although I took this bet last week and it didn't work out, I'd fancy both teams with their batting quality to put some decent runs on the board. Fall of Northants 1st wicket- Under 25.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Just spoke about how they have some good batsman in their ranks but the weakness I do see in their team despite the good form is the two openers. Looks like they will open with Stephen Peters and Mal Loye today, both who have struggled to score consistent runs this season. When Loye played for Lancashire he was on the brink of the England one day side, with his unorthodox shot selections, but since that rich run of form, he has declined somewhat and these days he is only a shadow of the player he once used to be. Only 2 50s all season, making just 11 runs in two innings in the 40 over game, just highlighting how he has been struggling for form this season. Peters has scored even fewer runs than Loye in the Championship, despite having a century to his name, he hasn't done much else in his 6 other innings. His one day average is around the 20 mark overall, which isn't great for a lower order batsman, let alone for a guy who has the chance to pile on some runs in the early powerplays with the hard new ball. Early on these two will be facing Jones and Mascarenhas who are two of the best county bowlers around when fit. Saw Jones against Wawrickshire in their first game and he cause all sorts of problems with his pace and bounce and if he bowls anything similiar to that, Peters and Loye will be in for some tricky early overs. Mascarenhas will get the ball to swing about and he has been talking recently about trying to return to his best from after recovering from his archilles injury. He managed 3 early wickets against Durham which is pretty encouraging for the England man, and with his swing and accuracy, along with Jones' pace and bounce, I reckon they could get an early wicket or two to bring this bet in.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Good work fishy. One of them nights for me. One six short, Wakely dropped leaving Sales with not enough time to catch him and fall half a dozen short of a place etc etc. +11.52 now so hoping for a good day on Sunday to retrieve this week's losses.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Lucky with two, unlucky with one. Thankfully Hampshire managed a decent last over to bring in the overs, but their score was always on the short side, leaving Northants to fall one boundary short. The early(ish) wicket gave me a slight profit of +2.66 today, bringing the overall to +22.58.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 On a side note you had a chance to head down to see much live cricket this season Kev? I've only been down for a couple of odds days in the Championship, not one day cricket yet. Hopefully that'll change when my exams are over next week.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Not yet mate. Luton's playoff campaign has put the mockers on cricket watching but once it's over tomorrow I expect to get out and about a lot more. Am aiming to start with Surrey vs Glamorgan in the Championship on Tuesday and will then try and get to as many T20 matches as I can.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

Sunday 22 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Essex v Unicorns (13:45 BST) 1.12 7.5 102.62 %
maximize.gif Kent v Sussex (13:45 BST) 2.56 1.68 98.59 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) 1.84 2.25 98.79 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Scottish Saltires (13:45 BST) 1.12 7 103.17 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Hampshire (13:45 BST) 1.67 2.44 100.86 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Durham (13:45 BST) 1.91 2 102.36 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Yorkshire (13:45 BST) 2.3 1.76 100.30 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Two last minute bets for me. Didn't really feel like researching bets last night :(. 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire 5/4 Boylesports It's fair to say neither have pulled up any trees in this competition but at least Nottinghamshire can say they've used the comp to blood some youngsters but that's not the case this afternoon. Mick Newell has named a much stronger squad for this match knowing it's a must win game if they are to have any ambitions of winning or having anything to play for when the tournament resumes after the T20 break. Notts are particularly stronger in the bowling department for this game which could be crucial. Lancashire might have a bit of an after the lord mayor's show about them after their thrilling win in the Roses match yesterday. They haven't been so good in this competition and they won't have Jimmy Anderson in their midst today. In an ideal world Notts would have Samit Patel available but he isn't but that's why they are 5/4 not 4/5 or shorter. They still have the likes of Voges, Brown, Read and a couple of others who can score runs and with the benefit of a day's rest having lost their championship match early, I'll take the Outlaws to shoot down Lancashire here. 4pts Durham to beat Warwickshire Evs Boylesports Durham have made a few changes to their side for this match with injuries and call up's beginning to hit them but they still have a strong top 6 and the benefit of whichever set of bowlers gets picked they will be a very strong bowling unit. Warwickshire will be without Bell and Trott who've gone off to join up with England and with Woakes injured and Troughton also injured they will have a few youngsters in their ranks today. We know from that wicket in the Championship the other week at Edgbaston that a bowling attack is a must here and Durham have that. They also have 4 wins from 5 with their only defeat to Northants which is no bad thing. I think they have the all round side to pick up win number 5 this afternoon.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 That couldn't have been any more annoying. Durham couldn't defend 280 on a ground where batsmen couldn't score 20 on a week ago and Notts couldn't chase 147 despite needing only 20 off 4 overs with 4 wickets left. A scenario they would win 49 times out of 50 :wall. Rounds off a thoroughly miserable weekend. -8 for the day so back to +3.52 for the tournament now.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for me. Last game for the break for the T20's so hopefully it can be a good one. 5pts Nottinghamshire vs Gloucestershire - Under 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Both these sides have struggling batting line up's at the minute so with confidence low I don't expect a huge amount of risks to be taken. So far in the competition Nottinghamshire have hit 11 6's but 8 of them came from Alex Hales, Simon Elstone and Luke Fletcher who will all be missing tonight while Gloucestershire have only hit 3 6's from their four matches, matches which have included a game at Taunton so that's not a particularly impressive record either. Both sides have key personnel back in their bowling attacks tonight too which is another boost. There's no mongoose wielding idiots like Gareth Andrew to come along and mug us off tonight either so I'm happy to press the unders button here. 4pts A.Gidman (-1.5 runs) to beat A.Patel 5/6 Ladbrokes Alex Gidman comes into this match off the back of a sensational 168 against Leicestershire in the Championship last week. He's also got a pair of 60 odd scores in this competition so far too so he's clearly hitting the middle of the bat nicely. Confidence should be very high in the Gloucester captain. Akhil Patel, Samit's much skinnier brother, has a top score of just 35 this season and that came against Unicorns so is only a token 35. He hasn't passed 30 in any of his other Championship or CB40 innings. Gidman is a real quality operator who is leading this side from the front with the bat. He's in the prime of his career whereas Patel is just beginning his. I'm happy to take the Gloucester skipper to outscore his opponent by at least 2 runs tonight. 1pt ew C.Read Top Nottinghamshire Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Chris Read almost got Nottinghamshire home against Lancashire on Sunday courtesy of a good half century but it wasn't to be. The fact he had to make a half century in a run chase of 147 says a lot about the lack of form of those above him in the order. Samit Patel is back tonight but he hasn't pulled up trees consistently either this season. Read is the fourth highest scorer in the competition for Notts this season but with Alex Hales, the top scorer, injured for tonight's match I think Read is a good ew bet. Read's scoring quicker than a run a ball in this competition so when he's in he'll close in on those above quickly and with so many of those above him out of touch I'll go with the Nottinghamshire skipper to make it back to back top scores.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Hi Kev, Under 3.5 sixes for both teams individually is 5/6 with Ladbrokes. So could get 6 overall and still win..also offers a bit of insurance if one team hits 6 in one innings, the other bet might still win to come out just under break even.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 My mistake..ignore that, the line is 2.5 for Gloucestershire. Going to the game tonight but missing the start & won't have chance to get a bet on before the game so will probably take the outright winner of the match at some point in play.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Both the main bets won. Would've been a full house had Samit Patel not been dropped countless times. +5.50 for the night so +9.02 overall now to take into the 2nd half of the season. CB40 takes a break now until 17th July so I'll unstick the thread and bring it back up after the twenty20.