** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Traps

Re: Traps Greyhounds are seeded as to how they run in previous races. The idea is to have wide runners on the outside and railers on the inside so we dont get a car crash at the first bend. Wide seeded dogs will run in either traps 5 or 6 for the majority of their racing careers, (sometimes denoted with a (W) next to their name), similar for railers that will run from traps 1 or 2. :ok

Re: Traps

Greyhounds are seeded as to how they run in previous races. The idea is to have wide runners on the outside and railers on the inside so we dont get a car crash at the first bend. Wide seeded dogs will run in either traps 5 or 6 for the majority of their racing careers, (sometimes denoted with a (W) next to their name), similar for railers that will run from traps 1 or 2. :ok
If I remember correctly, the trap draw is normally made by the racing manager in accordance with Rule 76 of the NGRC rulebook, but of course the rules are different in open races I beleive

If I remember correctly' date=' the trap draw is normally made by the racing manager in accordance with Rule 76 of the NGRC rulebook, but of course the rules are different in open races I beleive[/quote'] Ha Ha you just happen to remember rule 76! They only draw when two or more wide/middle/railers are in the same race. So if there was 3 wide runners they would draw for traps 4,5 and 6. :ok

Ha Ha you just happen to remember rule 76! They only draw when two or more wide/middle/railers are in the same race. So if there was 3 wide runners they would draw for traps 4,5 and 6. :ok
Well my late father used to own greyhounds and used to curse the racing manager at Southend greyhounds (closed in 1981) as his greyhound only had trap 6 once (winning at 16/1) the rest of the time it was in the "coffin box" (Trap 4), thats why I always remember Rule 76, I still have the rulebook:D

Re: Traps Brings back memories Tabby, my first venture into greyhound ownership was in the late 1970's at Leicester, also shut down now, they built 154 houses on the site!! Sounds like your dad had some rough luck, not sure what the rules were back then, I was 18 and just wanted to get the info from the kennel's runners. They were the days. Went on to have dogs at Sunderland, Brough Park, Easington, Wheatly Hill, Hartlepool and all the other flapping tracks in the north. :ok