** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011)

Friday 22 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Clermont Foot v Vannes (19:00 BST) 1.75 3.67 5.7 101.93 %
maximize.gif CS Sedan Ardennes v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST) 1.87 3.46 5 102.38 %
maximize.gif Grenoble Foot 38 v LB Châteauroux (19:00 BST) 2.3 3.15 3.68 102.40 %
maximize.gif Istres v Troyes AC (19:00 BST) 2.23 3.25 3.85 101.59 %
maximize.gif Le Havre AC v Evian TG (19:00 BST) 2.35 3.15 3.6 102.08 %
maximize.gif Le Mans FC v FC Metz (19:00 BST) 1.95 3.36 4.8 101.88 %
maximize.gif Nîmes Olympique v FC Nantes (19:00 BST) 2.54 3.1 3.33 101.66 %
maximize.gif US Boulogne v Tours (19:00 BST) 2.21 3.18 4 101.70 %
Saturday 23 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Angers SCO v Stade Reims (18:00 BST) 2.09 3.25 4.12 102.89 %
Monday 25 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dijon FCO v AC Ajaccio (19:30 BST) 2.1 3.26 4.2 102.10 %

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011) Nimes -0.25 AH @ 2.16 (5/10) 188bet/Sbobet This is an early selection and I’m taking it because I think the price will deteriorate the closer to Friday we get. Nimes have looked a better team since Thierry Froger took over, not a surprise to me because he is a manager I’ve always rated. Ok, only 1 win in 5 games but when you look at the fixtures he’s had, that’s not a bad effort. Le Mans, Evian and Laval away are always going to be tough tests, whilst at home they’ve beaten Istres and drawn with Le Havre (a game they dominated). Nimes have shown enough to me in recent weeks that they’re up for the fight and they really need all 3 points here, it’s a must win game in the battle to survive Nantes meanwhile, have been on a slippery slope for a while. Just 1 win in 12 games has now left them only 5 points clear of the drop zone. Lose this, and they could be even closer to it, especially if Metz also get a decent result at Le Mans. Nantes have had a lot of injuries recently which hasn’t helped their cause, some of those players are now returning to fitness, but its not been an ideal situation. I think Nimes will give them a very tough game here, they are strong at home. The atmosphere will be hostile and I simply have to back the hosts at these odds. @ 2.16 on a -0.25 AH its simply too big too ignore and worth 5/10 stakes for me. No team news yet, but I’m willing to ignore that in this situation because of the juicy value odds. Sedan -0.75 AH @ 2.16 (5/10) Sbobet This is another one I’m taking early because the signs are that the odds will decrease in the forthcoming days. Sedan are a quality team, in my opinion the best footballing side in ligue 2, and I do ultimately think they should get promoted. This is the sort of game I expect them to win with a relative ease, their extra quality and class should prove the difference. Despite having only won 1 of their last 5 at hone, its here in front of their own fans where they definitely play better football, quite capable of battering teams once they get going. Last Friday they dispatched Vannes with little fuss, comfortably winning 3-0 which will be a nice confidence boost heading into this fixture. Laval are a fairly easy team to forecast - great at home yet usually poor away. In fact, they have statistically the worst away record in the whole of ligue 2, and only won once on their travels (which was at Grenoble). They don’t really have much to play for now and a win against Nimes last week has now moved Les Tangos up to 12th in the table on 41 points. That should be good enough to survive, and they don’t have a desperate need to fight for points here. Overall, I just see Sedan being too strong, and if they score first they should win by a decent margin. I’m fairly confident in them covering a -0.75 line, as long as they can get a good start I don’t expect this to be a nervous match for Les Sangliers. No team news yet, but I’m willing to take the chance and take the early value price.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011) I really cant understand odds on Le Mans...Team that fights for promotion and surely has one of the most quality squads in this level,is priced about 1.95 against relegation candidate???!!!Did I miss something?!OK,Metz shown some signs of improvement lately,but I really dont see any obvious reason why is home win priced so high,because few days ago we had simillar,even lower odds on Le Mans vs top side Le Havre. Is something fishy with this game,or...? I would like to hear opinion from meatman and Atko. Thanks in advance

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011)

I really cant understand odds on Le Mans...Team that fights for promotion and surely has one of the most quality squads in this level,is priced about 1.95 against relegation candidate???!!!Did I miss something?!OK,Metz shown some signs of improvement lately,but I really dont see any obvious reason why is home win priced so high,because few days ago we had simillar,even lower odds on Le Mans vs top side Le Havre. Is something fishy with this game,or...? I would like to hear opinion from meatman and Atko. Thanks in advance
I don't think there's anything suspect because that's how the match was priced up early on by the bookies. Le Mans actually have quite a poor home record. They are undefeated at their new stadium (MMMArena) but have drawn too many (all their defeats came at the now defunct Leon Bollee). They weren't that impressive against Le Havre on Monday, and teams that play on a Monday generally struggle the following Friday. However, Metz are poor. There is no question that their young squad is struggling to cope with the pressure of (a) playing for Metz and (b) being a relegation battle. Their only real threat comes from Mathieu Duhamel in attack. They don't travel especially well but can dig in. It depends whether Le Mans, who aren't the most creative, can break them down. I reckon they probably will, but will wait for team news. Unders could be an option too - Le Mans very rarely thump teams.

I really cant understand odds on Le Mans...Team that fights for promotion and surely has one of the most quality squads in this level,is priced about 1.95 against relegation candidate???!!!Did I miss something?!OK,Metz shown some signs of improvement lately,but I really dont see any obvious reason why is home win priced so high,because few days ago we had simillar,even lower odds on Le Mans vs top side Le Havre. Is something fishy with this game,or...? I would like to hear opinion from meatman and Atko. Thanks in advance
Le Mans have just flattered to decieve all season really. On paper they have the best sqaud in this division and the biggest budget. The title should've been a cakewalk for them this season, yet they have made extremely hard work of it. This game will be tight and congested, Metz will fight hard and dig in. I think it's unlikely I'll take Le Mans, unless team news changes my view. I shall certainly be cheering on Metz here as a victory would them would definitely be helping my long term bets (Sedan promotion/ligue winner/Nantes relegation)

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011) Another big night in Ligue 2 ... here's my offering. Le Mans v Metz Le Mans -0.5AH @ 1.926 with Pinnacle 5pts I spoke about this match earlier in the week and I've decided I'm going to pounce on the hosts. This will probably be a very tight match with few goals but there is a divide in quality between the two sides. Le Mans are starting to creak into gear again and have a full-strength squad to choose from in this one. Metz are without Cheikh Mater Gueye again and also usual keeper Joris Delle, which is a blow. They are poor travellers and are leaking goals like a sieve. Le Mans are in the hunt for promotion, and will see this match as a must-win. I think they have too many attacking options for the visitors. Mikael Pote, Thorstein Helstad and Ronald Lamah should all get chances to damage here. Metz will probably play ultra defensive and I don't think they are strong enough defensively to hang on. Quite a trappy card, so no further bets. Here's a word on the rest of the matches, however. Boulogne v Tours Two out-of-form sides meet here. USBCO have drawn too many games and Tours have lost too many on the road. Would have opposed Tours had Jeremy Blayac, a bull of a centre forward, not been back from suspension. Boulogne are without Yannis Salibur, who has been impressive. Not one for me. Clermont v Vannes Clermont ought to be too strong but Vannes have picked up an irritating habit of picking up points on the road recently. Their need is greater than Clermont's, but they are without Frederic Duplus. Handicap seems too steep on CF38 but in no rush to back Vannes either. Grenoble v Chateauroux I was very close to taking Grenoble, but in the end of the day it's hard to trust a team that has won so few matches, even with some draw cover. La Berri won 3-0 last week and are dangerous on the counter. Would be risky to back either. Istres v Troyes Istres have suspended Dmitri Lesueur after he was involved in a fight outside a nightclub. He's not a regular (in the side, not the nightclub) but not sure how that'll affect the side. ESTAC are better than their recent form suggests. A draw would suit both. Le Havre v Evian Think Le Havre's challenge is waining and losing Hassan Alla tonight won't help. Evian are strong on the road, but unbackable with Claudio Cacapa, Cedric Cambon and Cedric Barbosa all missing. Nimes v Nantes Massive match. Nimes need a win to drag a depleted Nantes side back into the mire. FCNA will be happy to take a point. Expect a really nervy match, and with both teams in such a state, I couldn't back either. Sedan v Laval Would have backed Sedan had Nicolas Fauvergue and defensive mainstay Kassim Abdallah not been out. They struggled without Fauvergue a few weeks ago and Laval will play with freedom. Sedan should win but not for me at those odds - won't regret swerving if they win. Bonne chance :ok

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011) Adding one more :- Istres -0.25 AH @ 2.01 (4/10) This looks a decent price to me on an Istres side that have been strong in 2011. They are a strong fighting side and have quite a good home record down on the south coast, not losing very often. The squad is in good condition with only the more longer term injured players out and defender Kevin Barillon back from suspension. I have been quite impressed with some of their performances recently, whilst Troyes have struggled a bit more. Their away record is pretty poor too and they head into this game having lost 4 of their last 5 on their travels and only won 1 of their last 11. Odds of 2.01 on a -0.25 AH look too big and I'll back Istres here, I think they have a good chance of picking up 3 points. Also I backed Nimes -0.25 a further 2 more units @ 2.16. Basically this makes my Nimes bet 7/10 now, seeing the two lists of sqauds announced, I'm even more confident that Nimes win. Good luck all tonight!

Le Mans -0.5AH @ 1.926 with Pinnacle 5pts LOSS
Le Mans couldn't break Metz down, one of those things. Good calls meatman :ok If ever anyone questioned the wisdom of Asian handicap betting, that Nimes bet proves that it can be a saviour.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (22-25 April 2011) I'm going to get involved in the match this afternoon ... Angers v Reims Reims +0.5AH @ 1.82 with Pinnacle 5pts I wouldn't normally go against a side undefeated in Ligue 2 for three months but again, I think this is the right time to catch Angers out. They lost 3-1 to PSG in the Coupe de France semi-final on Wednesday and I expect that to have affected them. The Stade Jean Bouin was rammed and Angers put absolutely everything into the match. I expect there to be an element of mental and physical fatigue. They are without three players for the reception of Reims - Martin Fall, Karim Djellabi and Henri Saivet - and their squad isn't massive, so three absentees will hit them. Reims are generally average travellers but normally perform well against the league's better sides. At home, they've been rampant, Hubert Fournier has a lot of players to pick from in attack, and I think Vince Gragnic, Odair Fortes, Cedric Faure, Romain Amalfitano and Julien Toudic will all revel against tired players. Angers have the better form in the book but Reims have a full squad, can score goals and are a nasty side to play on the back of a punishing CdF semi-final. Quite fancy les rouges et blancs to take something back to the Champagne region. :hope

I'm going to get involved in the match this afternoon ... Angers v Reims Reims +0.5AH @ 1.82 with Pinnacle 5pts I wouldn't normally go against a side undefeated in Ligue 2 for three months but again, I think this is the right time to catch Angers out. They lost 3-1 to PSG in the Coupe de France semi-final on Wednesday and I expect that to have affected them. The Stade Jean Bouin was rammed and Angers put absolutely everything into the match. I expect there to be an element of mental and physical fatigue. They are without three players for the reception of Reims - Martin Fall, Karim Djellabi and Henri Saivet - and their squad isn't massive, so three absentees will hit them. Reims are generally average travellers but normally perform well against the league's better sides. At home, they've been rampant, Hubert Fournier has a lot of players to pick from in attack, and I think Vince Gragnic, Odair Fortes, Cedric Faure, Romain Amalfitano and Julien Toudic will all revel against tired players. Angers have the better form in the book but Reims have a full squad, can score goals and are a nasty side to play on the back of a punishing CdF semi-final. Quite fancy les rouges et blancs to take something back to the Champagne region. :hope
Atko i see different with u today Angers vs Reims angers just lose at france cup 1-3 v PSG i think angers will win back at france league 2