** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League Week 11

kevshat

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 Haven't got much time for these. The two matches I will be touching are the first two. I have blacklisted Adrian Lewis and I don't want to get involved in the third match. Therefore: - 8pts 3 Dart Average: Raymond van Barneveld Over 96.01 @ 5/6 (via Boyles) - 5pts James Wade (vs. Mark Webster) x Raymond van Barneveld (vs. Terry Jenkins) @ 2.92 (via Sportingbet) - 3pts James Wade Most 180's (vs. Mark Webster) @ 11/10 (via Bet365) Webster is very low on confidence right now. I really can't see him winning tomorrow against a James Wade who has been on somewhat of a resurgence in recent weeks. To be honest the 2.20 Skybet are offering at -2.5 looks good as I don't see Webby getting 5 legs here but I will play with the safer option. I feel that Webster WILL get back to winning ways sooner or later and he will get chances against Wade who has mad lapses in concentration sometimes but I think he has enough about him to ensure its not tomorrow. Wade took 6 legs off Gary Anderson three weeks back then has beaten Adrian Lewis and Simon Whitlock since. Definitely feel that that he can beat a very average Webster tomorrow and is a nice price to do so at 4/5. Likewise the 180s is for similar reasoning as above. Wade will always hit the red bit whoever he faces. If he gets off to a good start tomorrow he will win this easy as Webster's head will go down. Webster is not a big hitter at all. He threw 1 in Week 7, 2 in Week 8, 3 in Week 9 and 0 last week. Wade has consistently hit three or more in those weeks so anything of the same should be see Wade taking this. At odds against, I'm all over it. Don't envisage too much trouble for Barney. Jenkins isn't the greatest player in the world and Barney has been throwing brilliantly in recent weeks. Despite him going down to Whitlock in that epic match two weeks ago, he really did nothing wrong and a 104 average would beat most guys on the circuit. Confident win last week against Lewis too whilst Jenkins has been merked left, right and centre from Anderson and Taylor. 8-4 or worse here and I see a nice average for Barney too. Boyles are brave in setting these average lines. They're often very low and I see this one being a bit low too. Barring last week (which was a really poor night of darts all round), Barney has covered this in every week with ease since week 5 so I think he can do it again without much fuss. StanJames have this at 97.50 and to be honest, I'd hit overs on that too. Should be over quickly and that usually benefits high averages. Good luck to all :hope

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 2 for me so far tonight. 6pts J.Wade to beat M.Webster 4/5 Sportingbet James Wade has bounced back to form over the last couple of weeks and he's now in with a real chance of making the playoffs. Webster has been rotten recently and has lost his last 3 matches 8-1. The improvement needed to not only live with Wade but to beat him is massive and I don't think it can be done in such a short space on time. Must win for Wade this and I think he will. 3pts S.Whitlock to beat G.Anderson 11/5 Totesport Simon Whitlock has to go down as a huge price here. I know Anderson's in good touch and will be boosted by beating Taylor at the weekend but Whitlock is no mug and I think given that he throws first tonight that he merits more respect than this price shows. Whitlock has the scoring consistency to keep hold of his own legs and if he can nick one of Anderson's and take a 3 leg lead I don't have Anderson down as the best chaser in the world. This match will probably come down to Whitlock's doubles. If he finishes well tonight and puts pressure on Anderson to hit his doubles then this price will look very big. Whitlock lost 8-5 to Anderson in the opening week but missed a stack of doubles. If he hits them tonight he can sneak a much needed win here with the chasing pack coming with a real charge.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 Whitlock v Anderson - 1st leg double -green (12/5 PaddyPower) Not a great deal to say about this. I may be corrected, but from what I have seen, Whitlock loves double 16 and its probably his favourite double. He's throwing first and is in good nick so providing Anderson doesn't break in the first set 12/5 looks quite good for the 1st leg double to be green. Taylor v Lewis - 1st leg Taylor/180 Yes (7/4 WillHill) Expecting a pretty comfortable victory for Taylor tonight (but so are the bookies so no value there) however I do like this one. Taylors throwing first and id be suprised if Lewis broke once, nevermind in the 1st. The odds on Taylor winning the first leg are around 3/10 and Id like to think that half of the bet is pretty comfortable. Taylor has been playing some cracking darts of late and stated that a 9 darter is just around the corner and you can see the disappointment in his face when he misses 180. I wasn't aware that Taylor had lost at the weekend till Kev had mentioned it but i think that is a good thing for this bet. Taylor will have been practicing all week to bounce back from that defeat and I think he will be at the top of his game. IMO this bet is pretty much "180 in the 1st leg" and i think 7/4 is a good price.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 James Wade v Mark Webster - Wade -2.5 @ EVS - 888Sport Not much to add really as it's already been said but Webster looks a little out of his depth in this years PL. He has masses of potential but isn't showing any at the moment however he will give it a go tonight. Wade needs this win to make the top four and I really can't see Webby getting more than 5 legs in a Wade win.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 James Wade v Mark Webster - Webster +1.5legs - 3pts @ 11/10 Stan James I'm going against the PL grain it seems, but I think Webster can live with Wade here. Whilst Wade's won his last 2, he hasn't exactly played particularly well in doing so. Webster's main problem recently has been failing to take the finishes out - once he's missed 3/6 darts at a double his head goes down, his opponent takes advantage, and it's a slippery slope from there. Wade's not playing like the sort of person who will really press home that advantage, and Webster should have chances to get his confidence up early on tonight. If he gets his right head on during the early stages, then he is a match for almost everybody. Odds against that he won't lose tonight, against somebody he beat 8-3 on opening night, is too good to ignore for me. Simon Whitlock v Gary Anderson - 1pt Whitlock win 8-5 @ 15/2 Bet365 1.3pt Anderson win 8-6 @ 11/2 Bet365 1.7pt Draw @ 4/1 Various Simply put, I can't see either of these taking what promises to be a cracking match by any more than 1 break of throw. I was initially going to go 7pts @ 4/7 on the 'over 12.5 legs' bet. Then got to thinking about the value in ignoring Whitlock 8-6 and Anderson 8-5 as potential scores (with winners more likely to win on their own throw than on a break of throw). Consequently I have been able to reduce my stake from 7 to 4pts, and increase the possible profit by half a point :hope ----- 7pts total staked

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 Let me laugh at me, save you the bother :rollin :rollin Sorted!

James Wade v Mark Webster - Webster +1.5legs - 3pts @ 11/10 Stan James I'm going against the PL grain it seems, but I think Webster can live with Wade here. Whilst Wade's won his last 2, he hasn't exactly played particularly well in doing so. Webster's main problem recently has been failing to take the finishes out - once he's missed 3/6 darts at a double his head goes down, his opponent takes advantage, and it's a slippery slope from there. Wade's not playing like the sort of person who will really press home that advantage, and Webster should have chances to get his confidence up early on tonight. If he gets his right head on during the early stages, then he is a match for almost everybody. Odds against that he won't lose tonight, against somebody he beat 8-3 on opening night, is too good to ignore for me.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11

James Wade v Mark Webster - Wade -2.5 @ EVS - 888Sport Not much to add really as it's already been said but Webster looks a little out of his depth in this years PL. He has masses of potential but isn't showing any at the moment however he will give it a go tonight. Wade needs this win to make the top four and I really can't see Webby getting more than 5 legs in a Wade win.
Wade 8-1 Webster! That was easy :ok

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11

WIN - 8pts 3 Dart Average: Raymond van Barneveld Over 96.01 @ 5/6 (via Boyles) LOSS - 5pts James Wade (vs. Mark Webster) x Raymond van Barneveld (vs. Terry Jenkins) @ 2.92 (via Sportingbet) LOSS - 3pts James Wade Most 180's (vs. Mark Webster) @ 11/10 (via Bet365)
Barney produced a 100.87 though so the average sailed in. For the second time in this tournament though, Jenkins fxcks me with a draw against the odds. Barney nicks that match and it's mega profit. Unfortunately though, it wasn't to be so a miniscule loss for the evening. Well done to all winners :clap

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 11 Redemption after getting the first bet so spectacularly wrong. Managed a 1.5pts profit on the night. Well done all other winners :clap

Simon Whitlock v Gary Anderson - 1pt Whitlock win 8-5 @ 15/2 Bet365 1.3pt Anderson win 8-6 @ 11/2 Bet365 1.7pt Draw @ 4/1 Various Simply put, I can't see either of these taking what promises to be a cracking match by any more than 1 break of throw. I was initially going to go 7pts @ 4/7 on the 'over 12.5 legs' bet. Then got to thinking about the value in ignoring Whitlock 8-6 and Anderson 8-5 as potential scores (with winners more likely to win on their own throw than on a break of throw). Consequently I have been able to reduce my stake from 7 to 4pts, and increase the possible profit by half a point :hope ----- 7pts total staked