** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series

kevshat

After a small break post world cup the international season is about to kick in again starting with Pakistan's tour of the West Indies. Before a two match test series the two sides play a T20 game and 5 ODI's. All the matches are live on Sky so should make for good watches and good betting potential. Schedule:

Thu Apr 21 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST Only T20I - West Indies v Pakistan Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia 39.png 25 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Showers Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Apr 23 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 1st ODI - West Indies v Pakistan Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia 39.png 25 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Showers Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Mon Apr 25 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 2nd ODI - West Indies v Pakistan Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
N/A
Thu Apr 28 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 3rd ODI - West Indies v Pakistan Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
N/A
Mon May 2 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 4th ODI - West Indies v Pakistan Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
N/A
Thu May 5 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 5th ODI - West Indies v Pakistan Providence Stadium, Guyana
N/A

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series Just the one for me in the twenty20 tonight. 4pts Over 9.5 6's Evs Stan James I think this is an achievable line. St Lucia is a good ground for batting. We saw that in the T20 world cup last year when that famous semi final between Pakistan and Australia yielded no fewer than 22 6's. Even Sri Lanka hit 8 in an innings against India here which shows how good the wicket is for batting. There's no Gayle, Pollard, Dwayne Bravo or Razzaq here but there is still some terrifying hitters of a cricket ball. The likes of Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Darren Sammy, Umar Akmal and Shahid Afridi can all biff a cricket ball a mighty long way. There's no extreme pace in either attack really so with the ball coming onto the bat nicely I think at least 10 balls can leave the bat nicely and clear the ropes in the process. Overs for me this evening.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series Pakistan fxcked that chase up yesterday so abit unlucky in that respect Kev. I won't be getting too involved in this series. Several key players for both sides missing, in particular the West Indies so it's difficult to call anything on the outright or in the early stages of the series. The match tomorrow will be at the Gros Islet stadium in St. Lucia, the same venue of the t20i the other day and it was interesting to see how slow the wicket played as the game went on. Spin was a key factor here and the four wickets for Devendra Bishoo and the four wickets amongst the Pakistani bowlers again were no coincidence either. I think pace-off the ball will in particular go again here and some Saeed Ajmal is a nice price to snag the most wickets. - 1pt Top Pakistan Bowler: Saeed Ajmal @ 9/2 (via Bluesq) I'm a big fan of Ajmal. This young and pretty inexperienced West Indies side won't have seen too much of him and he has a magical doosra in his armoury which bamboozled Marlon Samuels yesterday. He should bowl all ten tomorrow and I think two wickets is not that far away from him, if not more. Small stakes as always on these markets but very worth it in my opinion. Not the biggest tragedy if he doesn't do it but nice rewards if he does.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series weirdodds.png I don't know if this is some sort of mistake or not but there is no way on this earth that Pakistan should be 6.5 to win the most sixes bet tomorrow. I've been on Skybet site itself and the line is the same over there, it's not just an oddschecker mistake. Pakistan really are 11/2 to win the Sixes Matchbet (check here) and that's just wrong. The other bookies have got the right idea. The 1st ODI only finished 3-2 to the West Indies so that in itself tells you Pakistan shouldnt be this high. The odds for the tie and the Pakistan win are definitely the wrong way round. Get on this before they realise.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series You'll be paid out at 11/10 if it wins. It's clearly an error with the Pakistan and Draw prices being the wrong way around so it will just be palpable errored and you'll be paid out at the correct price.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series I was thinking they'd end up doing something like that. Meh was worth pointing out anyway. One for tomorrow. - 2pts Most Economical Bowler: Saeed Ajmal (vs. Bishoo, Afridi, Roach, Bravo, Riaz) @ 7/2 (via StanJames) This is not a market I venture into too often but looking at this pitch and the way Ajmal bowled two days ago then this is definitely worth a punt. He deserved more than a solitary wicket the other day because at times, he bowled majestically. Lendl Simmons and Darren Bravo didn't really know what to do with him and they were beaten repeatedly by his impressive range of variations. Looking at the five he has to contend with and you can pretty much immediately reduce it down to three. This pitch effectively offered nothing for the seamers. The pitch at St. Lucia is horribly slow and flat and the seamers will find nothing there similar to waht they experienced on saturday. On top of that, between the three seamers, there were 20 extras bowled which, as you can imagine, helps no-one in an economical sense. That leaves Ajmal, Afridi and Bishoo. Bishoo is a very exciting young prospect in the game and has proven here and in the world cup that he has potent, wicket-taking ability. He is still very young though and despite taking 4 wickets the other day, he went for 48 runs (double what Ajmal went for). Ajmal bowled very well and the price for him to be top bowler reflects this having come in to 7/2. This I feel has more of a chance though. I actually think this will be taken by either him or Afridi and to be truthfully honest, I think Ajmal is the better candidate. Again, small stakes here but a slightly more confident punt.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series 2 for me in this one. 4pts Pakistan -3.5wickets/30.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet Pakistan have played West Indies in two ODI's in two different countries in the last month and have won both convincingly. I don't think West Indies will ever compete with Pakistan on these slow wickets because Pakistan's spinners are too good and their batsmen know how to play on these wickets and are at home on them. West Indies were poor for the most part in the first ODI of this series and they are clearly missing Gayle, Shiv and Sarwan. West Indies have gone down the blooding youngsters ready for the World Cup in 4 years time approach so they will take some beatings along the way. They may get competitive with a weakened Pakistan unit later in the series on quicker pitches but I don't think they'll do it here. Another comfortable Pakistan win for me. 5pts Over 16.5 Wides 5/6 William Hill In the first ODI on this ground there were 28 wides in total so this line looks very much on the low side. Pakistan covered this on their own and are set to make no changes to their bowling attack. West Indies bowled 11 wides in a pretty indisciplined performance with the ball themselves and although Andre Russell looks set to be given the chop they are bringing in a debutant leggie who could be a bit nervous and push one or two down leg side. As long as Wahab Riaz's radar is awry here this will sail in.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series 1pt ew M. ul Haq Top Pakistan Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Bit late here but I wanted to wait for conformation in the make up of this Pakistan side, confirmation which took an age to come through. Misbah does play and he's already top scored twice in this series and came 2nd in the other match to a Shehzad century. He's well ahead of anyone else in this Pakistan side in terms of runs scored in the series and the fact there's no Umar Akmal this afternoon only strengthens his chances. Misbah is batting 4 in this match which is perfect with Pakistan batting first. He can play himself in like we know he likes to do and then go bonkers later on. At 5/1 ensuring we get our money back if he places, I think he's an excellent top bat bet here.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series I like where I am in this little series. Ajmal was easily the most economical bowler in the 2nd ODI so I'm +6.00 going into the 5th and final one. The match is meaningless tomorrow and there is more than a 50% of rain so I'm going to leave it and wait for the tests.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Pakistan - Twenty20 International & ODI Series Excellent, I got great pleasure to read this thread. I always watch every cricket match of Pakistan. But can you tell me that why West Indies has lost ranking in ODI, T20 and in Test? :beer