** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Nba playoff preview

Western Conference Spurs vs Memphis 1st seed vs 8th seed I know there are upsets before from the 8th seed challenging the 1st (Golden state vs Dallas mavericks) , however spurs are much too strong for this team . Ginobili's injury would be a concern , spurs big old 3 (duncan , parker , ginobili) really needs to stay fit throughout this playoff to really have a shot at the title . Like parker once said before in his interview , this is really their last chance to get a shot at a championship . I expect them to cruise through this game as i don't see how memphis can really trouble them . Spurs bench does wonders and should be much much stronger than memphis . 4-0 or 4-1 series to spurs for me . LA Lakers vs Hornets 2nd seed vs 7th seed Lakers as usual are playing like shit again prior to playoffs time . I wonder why this is the case . However , do not underestimate this team . This team got what it takes to grind out results as and when they want to . Hornets would be a wee bit of trouble if lakers continue to play like that prior to end of season . Chris paul vs the whole of lakers team ? Not a prospect i would like to see as paul would certainly gets crushed . I can't see who can support paul and get the points required to contest lakers . Might be a low scoring game throughout the series as defence would probably give hornets a chance at nicking some games out of lakers . I seriously don't think hornets can challenge lakers with the absence of david west . However , i do see hornets nicking a game or 2 from lakers though . 4-1 or 4-2 to lakers . Dallas mavericks vs Portland Trailblazers 3rd seed vs 6th seed Mavericks look to have a good lineup this time to have a deep run . They have dirk , an 3 point old guard (peja) , a quality center (chandler) , a gd point guard (Jason Kidd) . However , i believe they may have run into their match in portland . Portland has been playing playoff basketball throughout the season . Their style of basketball suits the post season . Now the real thing comes , mentally to the blazers , this is the same type of grinding basketball they have been doing throughout the season . I expect the blazers to be more efficient in crunch time against the mavs . Roy is back , however , he is not the key player to watch this post season . I see the acquisition of gerald wallace as the key player to watch out . Not Lamarcus though . Wallace does bring a different type of ball game to portland . The usual portland game would be Roy or miller holding the ball . Wait till last 10 secs of the shot clock and pass it to lamarcus and take a jump shot . The new portland nowadays , can use wallace to charge up and get some fast break points . He can get to the basket quickly and draws fouls . Not that bad of a free throw shooter . Blazers would be stronger to me in this series . I know mavs have won the last 4 games prior to post season , however , post season games are different to regular season games . We would look to see a game 6 or game 7 possibly in this series . Intensity by the blazers defence would certainly turn this series to a blazers win . Blazers to win 4-2 or 4-3 OKC Thunder vs Nuggets 4th seed vs 5th seed (Tie of the 1st round) Intriguing playoff series for both teams . Since trading billups , anthony away , Nuggets have been stronger than ever . Night in night out , they can rely on any single player in their team to shine and lead the scorers table . No longer have they got to rely on Melo anymore . Obviously , streak shooter JR smith would be key to the series . The nuggets nowadays are fast , can shoot 3s , can get tough on defense and are a real force to be contended with . OKC have inserted more strength in the form of kendrick perkins . Thunder have been improving since last season in the playoffs . As usual , key players would be Durrant and Westbrook . I'm not sure who will win this series , but this series would be a fantastic game to watch for spectators Enjoy this series and have a punt on other playoffs games instead . The games would be tough to call on this series . Eastern Conference Up in Next Post

Re: Nba playoff preview Eastern Conference Bulls vs Pacers 1st Seed vs 8th Seed I have to say this would be one of the more straight forward games the bulls will face in the playoffs . Derrick rose and gang are playing very well this season . Noah , Boozer though hurt in the season are once again healthy . Add to the 3 point ability of kyle korver , the bulls are a team to be reckoned with this post season . Not much needs to be said about pacers though . I'm pretty sure they are here to make up the numbers . I mean , they will try hard . But bulls will just simply steamroll them over . 4-0 to bulls Heat vs 76Ers 2nd Seed vs 7th Seed I have to say this series would be closer than most think . Primarily because i do not think miami are strong enough to win the championship this season . I really think they have not clicked well enough like the BIG 3 of boston when they won their championship . Mr "taking talents to south Beach" no doubt will be the key man . Wade has been scoring hot against the sixers this season but come playoff time , this will change . Seen the sixers play brilliant basketball at times this season and was more impressed with them then the pacers . I know defence wins championships , however i believe sixers would be able to grind it out with them . Big man of phili would be able to match up with the heat team as i don't see them stopping elton brand , Igudola , Hawes . People would say this is a no brainer for the heat but i would like to think likewise . I see sixers giving miami a run for their money but finally running short . 4-2 to the heat . Celtics vs Knicks 3rd Seed vs 6th Seed Fun matchup between these 2 as celtics take on a revamped knicks team . Teams with Shaq in their team tends to do badly . Look at suns , Cavs . Without shaq in the celtics team would seriously benefit the celtics . I know shaq is a force to be reckoned with in the post . However , its all over . He should just retire and forget about playing basketball . To me , he is more of a liability than asset nowadays . Knicks now have melo , billups and amare as their so called big 3 . Gd enough to stop the celtics ? I don't think so . Celtics are a veretan team . They know what to do in playoff situations . The plays of rondo would be the key to winning this series . If rondo clicks , celtics would win this easily . If not , expect pierce to pick up the slack . Celtics to win this in 5 . 4-1 Magic vs Hawks 4th Seed vs 5th Seed This game looks simple to me . These 2 teams seems to be disregarded by the media this season . I know the magic changed their roster midway through the season and i believe this would affect them . Hawks are at best a playoff team . I don't see them challenging for the title . Seriously , i don't see whats so strong about this team . They are just lucky they are in the eastern conference . Had they been in the western conference , they would almost certainly be out of the playoffs . That being said , this game would be tough to call . Better games can be punted though . Best to stay clear of this one .