** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Round 6

gurudave

North Queensland v Canberra Raiders @ Dairy Farmers NQ -4.5 $1.92 @ Sportsbet I cannot find any reason why North Queensland won't dispose of the terrible Raiders this week. Raiders are going from bad to worse while the Cowboys have hit a nice run of form. While the Raiders pack still looks strong on paper, it's the quality around them that's lacking and without Dugan, Tongue, Campese, Tilse and unfit Orford they are basically putting out a second string side. The last 5 hitouts by these teams going back to 07 shows the home side has won on each occasion, 3 times at DF the cowboys covering 4.5 and I would not be suprised with a 20+ blowout.

Re: NRL Round 6 I have to admit, I am struggling to find reasons that the Raiders can win this weekend. Just a few comments on your post though. Tilse is a chance of making his return this weekend as well as Picker as both have travelled with the team. Also, I think Williams is better than Orford and personally have felt he should be the #7 in place of Orford all year. Having watched him in Toyota Cup for the last year, he looks to me to be a future star of the game. He is already mature beyond his years. However, I still think the Cowboys are playing really well so far and while I don't bet against my own team, I think your bet looks to be a good one. Bulldogs -5.5pts @ 1.91 (Sportsbet) I like this line for a strong Bulldogs outfit against an Eels team who I think are building for 2012. The Bulldogs did lose to the Dragons last week but who really expected them to win? I think the Dogs are stronger in almost every position, and barring a Hayne masterclass, I can't see an Eels victory tonight. Tigers -5.5pts @ 2.70 (Sportsbet) Not quite sure about this line. The Titans have looked diabolical all year and while they do get Bird back, I don't think it will really help against a good Tigers side. Titans only win of the year was gifted to them by Matt Orford. Marshall is one of the best players in the world, if not the best at the moment, and if he is in the mood tonight, he will tear the one of the worst defensive sides in the NRL apart.

Re: NRL Round 6 Eels @ 2.68 centrebet Eels -7.5 @ 4.80 centrebet Going for some good value here as both teams come off being beaten quite easily last wek. While the Eels have much more to improve to stay within touch of the leaders, they do have a very good record against the Bulldogs, winning 7 of the last 8 games at ANZ Stadium. Looking to Hayne to finally step up here as they do need him to recapture his best form, as he is the stand out player in this game. Idris is under a fitness cloud, and even if he does play, not sure he will be as effective as he can be. The forward packs pretty much cancel each other out, so lookng to Hayne to be the difference here Wests -3.5 @ 2.10 centrebet Wests -13.5 @ 4.00 centrebet Titans have been far inconsistent this season, and many of their performances have been below par. They have missed too many tackles and with Marshall in very good form, then he looks likely to take advantage of some of the holes that are created. The Tigers were solid against the Rabbitohs except for the brlliance of Marshall who exposed them around the rucks and can see him doing the same here.

Re: NRL Round 6 Eels @ 2.68 :@ Eels -7.5 @ 4.80 :@ Wests -3.5 @ 2.10 :@ Wests -13.5 @ 4.00 :@ Both teams lead by 14 points and then they allow the other team back into the game and eventually lose it. The Eels game was especially the case with stupidity by a couple of players seeing them throwing away the win

Re: NRL Round 6 Warriors -5.5 @ 4.25 centrebet The Sea Eagles were fortunate to beat the Sharks as the home side bombed as they should have closed the game out. While Watmough returns for them, and should give them some spark, they have been ordinary this year. The Warriors though have come to life in their last 2 games, as they beat the Roosters quite well last week. Some concern about their away form, as they do tend to underperform on the road, but they have some confidence and momentum here, which gives them a good chance of winning this one. Cowboys -13.5 @ 3.00 centrebet Raiders have lost 4 straight as they struggle to get their halves combination right. Thought Orford is out, going to Townsville when you are out of form is a tough ask, and like the home team with the little blokes, Thurston and Bowen to catch the big Raiders pack off guard, and like them to cause them plenty of problems. The Raiders lack organisation and direction without Campese, Tongue and Dugan there to lead them forward, so like the Cowboys to win this one well. Roosters win by 1-12 margin @ 3.00 centrebet Like the Roosters to bounce back here as they need a win to stay in touch with the leaders. They were ordinary against the Warriors last week, but they should lift here against a good defensive side that the Broncos are. However they have had to make plenty of tackles this season because of their high mistake rate, and with wet conditions in Gosford, then they are likely to have even more problems with their ball handling. There is only so much that you can hold a team out, and believe the Roosters will use the kicking of Pearce to keep them pegged back in their own 22, and look for the mistake to capitalise on. The Broncos will be valiant but like the Roosters to do enough to edge them here.

Re: NRL Round 6 I reckon a penalty goal as the first scoring play in the Roosters v Broncos game is going to get a sight. With the wet conditions points should be at a premium and the Broncs in particular like to take the 2pts when offered. Currently $13 on Betfair which is nice value. Also think the forwards might get a few tries in the wet and have taken Gillett and McCullough for first try at $21 & $34 respectively (Sportsbet)

Re: NRL Round 6 Storm -6.5 @ 2.00 centrebet Hard not to like the Storm here considering the demolishing they put on the Eels last week, while the Panthers have underperformed so far this season, and lack leadership. Storm are cruising along and with 7 straight wins over the Panthers, hard not to take them here.