** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League Week 10

kevshat

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 10 Just the one for me at the minute. Going to sleep on another I think. 4pts G.Anderson (-3 legs - with tie) to beat M.Webster 5/4 Skybet Effectively a -3.5 handicap line this. Normally I'm not one to take risks with these handicaps but I will here because it's the same amount of unanswered breaks to cover a 3.5 cap as it is a 2.5 cap as Anderson throws 2nd here. If he happens to break throw for the 2nd time at 7-5 then c'est la vie. I don't think Webster will get that close though. Taking on Webster in these caps isn't easy tbh because I've a lot of time for Mark Webster as a player but he's so low on confidence right now it's almost hard to watch him. He isn't scoring well, pulling the first dart below the treble or pushing it to the 5 and 1 and what's worse for us Webby fans is he's missing doubles under pressure which if we think back to the last two PDC worlds and the BDO version he won, was his bread and butter. I think he's got a problem here too because he doesn't score heavy enough to repel Anderson for a full leg over 14 legs IMO. Webster can be looking pretty in a leg with say a 110 finish left with Anderson back on say 240 but then Anderson will fire in a 180 and the pressure that comes with Anderson on 60 causes Webster to pull his dart at double for the 110. The other problem he's got is Anderson's as good a front runner as there is in the game right now and with the two players confidence levels at the opposite ends of the confidenceometer that's not good. Anderson's heavy scoring and free flowing rhythm when he's in front makes me think he'll have too much for Webby so I'll take the Scot to win this no worse than 8-4 here.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 10 Premier League has been good to me since I started gambling on it. Looking to continue that this week. - 4pts Whitlock/Wade: Over 7.5 180s x Peter Taylor 3-Dart Average Over 102.50 @ 3.76 (via Boyles) I took the average line last week when Taylor was against a tougher opponent so I see no reason as to why I should stop here. He is in a ridiculous run of form right now and is dishing up mad averages in every match he plays. He hit 107.17 last week against Barney and hasn't thrown below 103.00 in 5 weeks. Mad stats. Jenkins won't cause him any problems tomorrow so I see this sailing in at a canter. It should be over quickly too which will always be a help in terms of averaging. I would even contemplate going Over at 104.00 so not overly worried about this one. The first match of the evening should be a cracker though. I am extremely uneasy in opposing James Wade, it'll take a brave man to do that. I'm a firm believer that he is just a few very convincing wins away from being what we all know he can be and if he starts well later against the Wizard, he could very well pick up all the points tomorrow. Having said that though, Simon Whitlock was throwing so well last week, it's difficult to oppose him too. I have never seen Whitlock throw darts like he did against Barney and the form he is in right now makes his 5/6 price look very tasty. I can't even begin to think about calling the match tomorrow however as I really could see a 7-7. Therefore I am going to play in something that I know these guys can do, and that is score maximums. Whitlock covered this ALONE last week so anything like what he produced then and I'll be smiling. Wade is a maximum scorer too. He hit three in a fantastic performance against Lewis last week and the confidence he took from that will surely put him in good stead for this tie. Two players coming off the back of their best games of the season meet here and I'm hoping that means heavy scoring. Maximums aplenty. - 10pts Phil Taylor (vs. T. Jenkins) x G. Anderson (vs. M. Webster) @ 1.65 (via Sportingbet) Last week it was Taylor/Webster and Anderson/Jenkins. The odds on the Taylor/Anderson double was 1.80 ahead of the nights play and I was thinking 'fxck me I should stick some mega money on that shit.' I couldn't quite believe how highly priced the double was and the margin at which it sailed in makes me rather pissed I never backed it. I hate to say the b-word nowadays in any form of gmabling but they really were bankers and it could've proved to be very lucrative. Tonight though is just the same two guys swapping opponents and I really think it's going to be more of the same. Annoyingly the odds aren't as juicy as they were this time last week but the results should be the same. Webster is just in bits right now and Jenkins throws way too many 1's and 5's to be able to get anywhere near a rampant Taylor. No brainer this one, the two best players against the leagues two worst players and I'm going with the big boys in what will be my biggest ever bet. Pray for me.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 10

Just the one for me at the minute. Going to sleep on another I think. 4pts G.Anderson (-3 legs - with tie) to beat M.Webster 5/4 Skybet
Another great shout. Just like your tip for Taylor last week was never in doubt after the first couple of legs. Your shouts are almost making up for my bad calls. :clap Roll on next week.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 10 The first double was one luxury too many unfortunately with some sloppy darts from Wade and Whitlock. Fortunately the biggest bet in my whole entire life was a winner which was a nice earner. Nice shout Kev and gloryhunter had a few in there too. Another profitable night in the Premier League :clap

The first double was one luxury too many unfortunately with some sloppy darts from Wade and Whitlock. Fortunately the biggest bet in my whole entire life was a winner which was a nice earner. Nice shout Kev and gloryhunter had a few in there too. Another profitable night in the Premier League :clap
Who is this Peter Taylor you talk of :unsure I'm sure you did the same the other week :lol Nice call shatman and bigmac :nana

Great call Glory on Wade/Whitlock shotout as well' date=' your biggest bet sails in with a 170 in the first leg didn't it? :clap[/quote'] Thanks, thought it was going to be a good night but didn't quite win as much as hoped. Had a nice evening on the spreads by selling games in every match and for the evening

Who is this Peter Taylor you talk of :unsure I'm sure you did the same the other week :lol
:lol:lol I've done that twice now I have no idea why I keep doing it. :spank And yes it was probably the poorest night of darts so far in this Premier League. It actually got embarrassing when Webster and Anderson were scrapping to land Double 1. Horrible. It's a minor though, we're all in profit tonight and that's the most important thing :beer