** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: World Championships

kevshat

Re: Snooker: World Championships 10 points O'sullivan -1.5 frames against Higgins (I/R) 2.32 BETFAIR. Lousy market so 2.4/2.5 may well be possible. O'sullivan finds himself in the rare position of not being favourite to win the World Championship and rightfully so based on numerous poor performances at tournaments all over the world for a few years now. However Ronnie has shown enough this week to tell me he still wants to win another world title and this could be his year. He will pick up his form and race clear of Higgins, I predict a 13-9 victory, 10/1 with sporting bet. 10 points O'sullivan -1.5 frames (I/R) Betfair 2.32 (6/5 ish) 2 points O'sullivan to win 13-9 (I/R) Sporting Bet 10/1 Good Luck

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships 5pts R.O'Sullivan to beat J.Higgins @ 10/11 Bet365 All level at 4 a piece after the first session and were in for an entertaining match here. I was waiting to see how Ronnie would play in this one but I think he has looked something like his past so far in this World Champs, he looks up for the fight and more importantly when losing position he isn't making erratic decisions ie going for impossible pots, instead he is making good safeties and waiting for John to make mistakes, if he continues in the same frame of mind then he has a great chance of getting through. Higgins is hard to beat but Ronnie on his game can do just that.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Right, will update on my quarter-final disaster-in-the-making tomorrow, but for now I'm taking one for this evening. 3pts - John Higgins to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan @ 1.94 with Betfair Higgins played like a drain in this afternoon's session and it's barely conceivable that he got out of it on level terms. On the other hand, Ronnie played in fits and starts, but had his chances to take a decisive lead from 8-5 up and blew them. You don't often get two cracks at beating John Higgins and I think the Rocket may just have lost the match in this session. Of course, Ronnie could come out tonight and blow John off the table, but he hasn't really been in that sort of form in this tournament. He looks like he's struggling to keep things on the level to me and his long distance potting is still very erratic. With the momentum now fully behind him, I fancy Higgins will have too much for O'Sullivan tonight.

Re: Snooker: World Championships D.Junhui v J.Trump - D.Junhui to win 1st Frame of match @ 9/10 VCbet 3pts Obviously not huge stakes on a bet like this but I quite fancy Ding to take the first frame of the match here. Both players have never been to this stage but Ding has plenty more experience then Trump, it could be a bit daunting for both players now its down to one table but I feel more so for Trump. He claims he feels invincible at the moment which is quite a statement to make going into a World Semi's aged just 21, he is young and we've seen in other sports the pressure can get to you easily and in snooker its even more so, especially at Sheffield. I could be wrong and he comes out with no nerves I mean I don't know the guy personally - its just I put myself in his shoes and the occasion would be big, it might takes 10-20 minutes to settle down on the one table setting and of course at this level you'll be punished, Ding's not been here before but he has won The Masters & UK Champs so I'd expect less nerves and to put his marker down early. I'd have this priced up 4/6 Ding, 11/10 Trump, just for opening frame or two depending on how he settles, after a lot closer.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Higgins saved my bacon somewhat, but the quarter-finals were still a bit of a disaster for me and I'm now -7.61pts for the tournament. I have Williams on the outright, but I'm still tempted to back him against JH in the semis - will decide on that later, but for now I'll take one in the 1st semi. 3pts - Judd Trump (+1.5 frames) to beat Ding Junhui @ 2.0 with Betfair I expected Trump to meet his match against Graeme Dott in the last round, but he simply brushed the Scot aside and played some breathtaking snooker in the 1st session which he really should have won 8-0 such was his dominance. There's no doubt his current form is exceptional, having beaten Selby and Robertson over long distances in the last month, and he seems unaffected by his sudden success which bodes well here. Ding was excellent against Selby, never falling behind after the 2nd frame and responding well when Selby won 4 on the bounce for 10-10. I think he'll enjoy the one table set up, but I'm not so sure he'll enjoy playing Trump in his current form. Selby made some uncharacteristic mistakes against Ding and let him in first in the majority of the frames, which was a fatal error. Trump meanwhile has proved very adept at taking the initiative early in the frame, and his long potting has been a match for anyone in the tournament. If he keeps that up, then he has the game to beat Ding, no question. My only concern is that Ding has played so well in tight situations against Bingham and Selby, and if this does come down to the wire, his experience just might tell. Hence, I'll take the +1.5 handicap to avoid the disappointment of a close loss.

Re: Snooker: World Championships A very impressive display of potting from Judd Trump. To those that remember him in his youth at The Crucible, there must be a touch of the Jimmy White's about his display this afternoon. However these matches are over a long time and I can't help but worry his lack of experience is going to hurt him. I think Ding will be delighted to only be two frames down especially as Judd had the run of the balls. If the youngster continues to attack like he did today I think Ding will get his chances and at 2.52 on Betfair represents great value. 3PTS DING 2.52 Betfair

Re: Snooker: World Championships John Higgins vs Mark Williams over 4.5 centuries 5/6 skybet over 29.5 frames 5/6 skybet higgins to win 17-15 10/1 skybet this will be a close match it could go either way which is why it is a fascinating match both players are playing great and also when they get in among the ball they are hardly missing them so you are going to see a great match

Re: Snooker: World Championships Bit late with these two :$. 6pts M.Williams vs J.Higgins - Over 29.5 frames 10/11 William Hill 4pts Over 22.5 50+ breaks 5/6 Skybet I can't wait for this match. If it's anything like their UK Championship final then it will be an absolute classic. I can't see either of them winning this easier than 17-13. Both are playing too well to let the other run away with it and I just don't see any session in this match being won 6-2 either way. Both are masterful tacticians of the game and when the balls are open both can win frames in one visit. Speaking of one visit snooker I really do believe the quality of this semi final will be such that most of the frames will be won in one visit. Both men are capable of big breaks and I've especially taken this line rather than the tons line because Williams doesn't always push himself for the ton whereas he'll need the 50+ to win most frames. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is 17-15 or closer so we should have more than enough frames to get the required 23 50+ breaks in what I fully expect will be one of the great matches of the tournament.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 4pts J.Trump (-1.5 frames) to beat D.Junhui 4/5 Boylesports Judd Trump leads this semi final 5-3 after the first session and that's a danger for Ding Junhui on what will be a busy Friday for these two as Judd's learnt how to front run. I for one expected both Selby and Robertson to come back and get him in best of 19 frame matches over the last month but neither have. I don't think Ding can afford to lose a session on Friday because this kid gets no nerves with the line in sight. I think Friday morning's session is huge because even if Judd only wins it 5-3 he'll be 10-6 ahead going into Friday night and Ding will be needing red bull and wings to catch him from there IMO. We saw in the first session that Judd is relishing the environment. He's on a crest of a wave at the minute and with every shot he plays in this tournament he's reminding me of the snooker Shaun Murphy played to win this title. Whether Judd will go on and win the title I'm not sure but I do believe he wins this semi final from here and I believe he wins it no worse than 17-15.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Well, Trump more than brought home the handicap bet yesterday but unfortunately I lost my outright as Mark Williams' form and/or bottle totally deserted him for the last 2 sessions against Higgins. The upshot of all that is that I'm now -5.76pts for the tournament, mainly due to an absolute nightmare at the quarter-final stage which cost me -7.3pts :( Time for one final attempt to put myself back in profit: 5pts - Judd Trump to beat John Higgins @ 2.54 with Betfair Taking on John Higgins is always a risky bet, as yesterday proved, but there are a couple of reasons why I'm happy to do it here. The first is Judd Trump. He's taken every challenge in his stride so far in this World Championship and just played better and better in each round. I felt strongly that the Crucible warhorse Graeme Dott would be too much for him in the quarter-finals, but he just brushed Dotty aside. The TV pundits were nodding their heads wisely and saying "wait till he has a bad session" - he had a shocker in the 2nd session against Ding, then came out in the evening and played his best snooker of the tournament to level the match. The way he closed out his semi-final yesterday afternoon was just so impressive - behind in both of the last 2 frames, then knocking in clearances of 68 & 105 to take the match. I think he'll take some stopping here, which brings me onto my second reason. Whatever your thoughts on John Higgins' return from suspension, you have to admire the man's determination to win. He's in the final through sheer force of will as his snooker has been, at best, patchy this week. Both the Rocket and Mark Williams collapsed from winning positions against him, and even his 13-7 victory over Rory McLeod in round 2 turned into an 8 hour marathon as he struggled at times to pot the simplest of balls. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll need to step it up a level to stay with Trump in this match. Of course, he's well capable of that, but I think Higgins has felt the effects of the sheer amount of snooker he's played since his comeback. He won the Scottish Championship in the week before the Crucible, so he's been playing for 3 weeks solid. Add to that a hugely nervy finish against MJW last night and there's no way he's coming into this match as fresh as Trump. I think fatigue could be a factor here and, for me, Judd Trump in his current form is the last player you'd want to meet if your game's not quite 100%.

Re: Snooker: World Championships +17.61 for me overall now. Beginning with a couple for the final. 4pts J.Trump Over 2.5 centuries 6/5 Betfred 1pt J.Higgins to win 18-14 11/1 Skybet 1pt J.Higgins to win 18-15 12/1 Stan James I'm expecting a pretty close final here with both players playing good snooker and both having good season's coming into this event. However when all is said and done I think Higgins' experience will come into play and see him home. This is his 5th world final so he knows how to pace himself for the final and how to get the job done having won 3 of those previous 4 that he's been in. Judd Trump will have a good go in this final. He's got nothing to lose but sadly for him he's playing the best all round player in the game right now and one who if this gets tight kicks into a different gear again. However Trump plays throughout this final and whichever path it takes one thing I do think he'll do is score heavily when he gets in. He hit 4 tons against Ding in a thrilling semi final and I think he'll score as well in this final. I don't think over the course of a match this big that 3 tons is too much to ask for Judd to score. It's less than one per session so even if he has a shocking session he can still cover this. I'll take Judd to make at least 3 tons in the match and a couple of small correct scores on Higgins to just about prove too good for the youngster.

Re: Snooker: World Championships

+17.61 for me overall now. Beginning with a couple for the final. 4pts J.Trump Over 2.5 centuries 6/5 Betfred 1pt J.Higgins to win 18-14 11/1 Skybet 1pt J.Higgins to win 18-15 12/1 Stan James I'm expecting a pretty close final here with both players playing good snooker and both having good season's coming into this event. However when all is said and done I think Higgins' experience will come into play and see him home. This is his 5th world final so he knows how to pace himself for the final and how to get the job done having won 3 of those previous 4 that he's been in. Judd Trump will have a good go in this final. He's got nothing to lose but sadly for him he's playing the best all round player in the game right now and one who if this gets tight kicks into a different gear again. However Trump plays throughout this final and whichever path it takes one thing I do think he'll do is score heavily when he gets in. He hit 4 tons against Ding in a thrilling semi final and I think he'll score as well in this final. I don't think over the course of a match this big that 3 tons is too much to ask for Judd to score. It's less than one per session so even if he has a shocking session he can still cover this. I'll take Judd to make at least 3 tons in the match and a couple of small correct scores on Higgins to just about prove too good for the youngster.
Top, top work mate:clap:clap:clap Almost doubled the profit in a single match. An excellent tournament.

Re: Snooker: World Championships

Cheers mate. +33.41 overall represents a decent betting tournament in what was one of the best world championships I've ever seen' date=' if a little tarnished by the overall winner.[/quote'] :clap:clap Top work kev - that's a well impressive return. Been a poor snooker season for me since Shanghai. Determined to get it right next year.