** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April

Saturday 16 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif OGC Nice v AS Monaco (18:00 BST) 2.61 3.1 3.35 100.42 %
maximize.gif RC Lens v Stade Brestois 29 (18:00 BST) 2.12 3.3 4.11 101.80 %
maximize.gif Saint-Étienne v AS Nancy (18:00 BST) 2.05 3.4 4.36 101.13 %
maximize.gif Sochaux-Montbéliard v SM Caen (18:00 BST) 2.03 3.4 4.33 101.75 %
maximize.gif Stade Rennais v FC Lorient (18:00 BST) 2 3.33 4.75 101.08 %
maximize.gif Toulouse FC v AJ Auxerre (18:00 BST) 2.22 3.2 4.2 100.10 %
maximize.gif Lille OSC v Girondins de Bordeaux (20:00 BST) 1.65 3.99 6.05 102.20 %
Sunday 17 April 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Arles-Avignon v Valenciennes FC (16:00 BST) 4.13 3.4 2.2 99.08 %
maximize.gif Montpellier HSC v Olympique Marseille (16:00 BST) 3.73 3.23 2.35 100.32 %
maximize.gif Paris Saint-Germain v Olympique Lyonnais (20:00 BST) 2.64 3.23 2.96 102.62 %

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Lens-Brest brest +0.25 2.23 12 bet stakes:4/10 dont understand how lens can be so short at 2, won 4 games out of 15 at home this season at home , pointless to say how in bad shape they are when brest with nolan roux back seems to look like more the team they were in the first half of the season when they re surprised being in the top 10 sidi keita, roudet,aurier are doubtfull when kovavcevic is out can be a massive blow for lens midfield if many of them are out for staturday. i think price on lens went down because they need 3 points to still expect staying in first division well.... but for me the value is definitely on the away side i took the +0.25 because if lens doesnt win during half time i easily see them playing all in the second and brest having massive opprtunities in the second good luck :hope

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Toulouse-auxerre toulouse -0.25 1.81 sbobet stakes:6/10 Match to stay in l1 especially for auxerre between two defensive teams, auxerre has main injuries problem:ndinga ijured as pedrettti, bethod,mignot,alain traore is supended when grichting is doubtfull so headhick for jean fenandez(their coach) to put a decent midfield and defense cant see auxerre getting anything from this trip except a really lucky draw :hope

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April What do you guys think about Rennes - Lorient: 2? Rennes is missing a lot of players: Yacine Brahimi, Jires Ekoko, Abdou Kader Mangane, Alexander Tettey, Sylvain Marveaux, Abdoul Razzagui Camara. Lorient got a full squad to choose from. I know Rennes are a great home team and that Lorient only won to away games against St Etienne and Caen. The odds is around 4,50 - 4,80. :tongue2

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April hi petersson imo, the value is more on the home s side , i would rate this match as a 55%30%15% so odds around 1.8 3.3 6.6 as you said rennes is quite solid at home and lorient poor away. both team are not in a good shape but lorient has nothing to play for when rennes needs absolutely a victory if she expects to reach the third position from the last news i have ekoko tettey,camara and mangane should be in a the group i see rennes bouncing back but it s just my reading of the match, that s all betting is about.... good luck if you decide to bet on this match ;)

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April

What do you guys think about Rennes - Lorient: 2? Rennes is missing a lot of players: Yacine Brahimi, Jires Ekoko, Abdou Kader Mangane, Alexander Tettey, Sylvain Marveaux, Abdoul Razzagui Camara. Lorient got a full squad to choose from. I know Rennes are a great home team and that Lorient only won to away games against St Etienne and Caen. The odds is around 4,50 - 4,80. :tongue2
All about team-news in this one. If Rennes have their attacking players (Brahimi, Kembo) back, then they should be a bet here. Lorient have been rotten on the road and the goals are starting to dry up - Kevin Gameiro knows he's leaving in the summer and Lynel Kitambala isn't a reliable goalscorer. Much will depend on the squads - we'll know more tomorrow. As an aside, you can now get Brest +0.5 at 1.833 - crazy odds considering Lens' rotten form.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April ATKO what s your opinion on toulouse match? toulouse is not the most reliable team ,looks very unpredictable but at current odds and according to the massive injuries on the away side do you find some value on the home s side thx in advance

ATKO what s your opinion on toulouse match? toulouse is not the most reliable team ,looks very unpredictable but at current odds and according to the massive injuries on the away side do you find some value on the home s side thx in advance
Toulouse are another on the radar. I'm just waiting on team news from their camp. I was very impressed with them at Marseille at the weekend. Still have concerns over a regular source of goals but no doubting the ability of Frank Tabanou, Moussa Sissoko and Daniel Braaten. I'd expect Auxerre to go there looking for a point. No Benoit Pedretti and it's looks pretty certain he's off to Lille in the summer. Always feel they are a poorer side without him, and without Delvin Ndinga too, they'll lack physicality. A win for Toulouse and they are safe in my eyes, so plenty to play for ... And if Jean Armel Kana-Biyik is out for Rennes, I wouldn't back them. The lad's been immense for them this season, their best defender by a long way.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April I've decided I'm going to hit one bet fairly early this week. It's been discussed above and I think Toulouse could be a good thing this weekend at home to Auxerre. Big match for both sides, especially Auxerre, who need the points to get out of the bottom three. A win for Toulouse and they are virtually safe, and the club knows it. They've offered free tickets to kids and that means this match will be a sell-out. Futhermore, their squad is in a much better condition than Auxerre's. Frank Tabanou is suspended but the rest of the team are fine. Auxerre, conversely, have a total of seven players missing for this match, all big ones - Delvin Ndinga, Benoit Pedretti, Alain Traore, Stephane Grichting, Jean-Pascal Mignot, Jeremy Berthod and Julien Quercia. That deprives them of their best defenders and midfielders. They've not been particularly impressive on their travels this season and will have, IMO, a pretty weak side out for this. Toulouse will look to build on the momentum of having got a point at Marseille last week. Toulouse -0.25AH, therefore, seems overpriced at 1.82. Getting them at a decent price with some draw cover seems generous, so I'm happy to back them here. Reccommendation Toulouse -0.25AH @ 1.82 with 188bet 7pts :hope

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Lorient +0.5 @1.9 (b365) I agree with what has been said about that game, but I could easily see a draw and I find this handicap a bit generous. Rennes have many injuries and are starting to crumble under pressure, while Lorient can play with full squad and without concern. BTW, there has been several talks about the "nothing to play for" argument in the UK threads recently. I have also put a few coins on 1-1 @6. Small stakes.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April as Atko said, Toulouse is a decent bet... mainly based on the missings by auxerre.. pedretti out for the rest of the season is a huge blow for A. i think in the first match P. was fit again (a home match like 1 or 2 weeks back) A. won at home... i hope im not blowing to much smoke, but i think i can say, that he is like a s.gerard for liverpool. i feel like gambling so home win for me... 3/10 bet placed with a local bookie :hope gl to you all

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Lens vs brest : this is the last chance for lens to stay in the first division. A thing is sure they will play with the heart and the fans will push them until death. It hurts me to see a club like lens in this despair. I hope from the bottom of my heart they will right the situation. Lens is missing kovacevic and keita both injured. Team almost complete. Like i said it the last chance, they cannot let it escape. a hearth bet.:hope

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April French Soccer 2010-2011 15W-13L-6P +0.00 units (53.57%) Monaco pick +104 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I like the fact that Monaco is playing well of late on the road. Even though the overall road record isn't impressive, they are actually scoring more. Monaco has only lost 1 time to Nice in there last 10 matchups. Monaco does have 7 draws this year on the road (14 overall) and I could see that being a likely result today. But I could also see them sneaking one in.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Final three for me in this weekend's Ligue 1 card. Lens vs Brest Brest +0.5AH @ 1.87 with Pinnacle 6pts This is do or die for Lens tonight at home to Brest but if I'm being honest, I can't see them winning here. Defensively they have been poor all season and I struggle to see where the goals will come from tonight. Kanga Akale, Toifilou Maoulida and Issam Jemaa are far from prolific and they often misfire at home. I expect the Bollaert to get behind the team, but if Brest get on top, then it could get pretty hostile. Alex Dupont's side are not great travellers but they got a very good 2-0 win at home to Rennes last week and look a better side now that Nolan Roux, a Lens youth product, is back up front. Brest aren't safe yet either, and will be motivated to take something from this match. I expect it to be nervy but Brest and in better fettle than Lens are, and I expect them to take something from this one. Sochaux vs Caen Sochaux -0.25AH @ 1.73 with 188bet 6pts Fancy the hosts to cement their Ligue 1 status with a win over Caen this evening. I'm a big fan of Francis Gillot's side at home - they attack, they pass the ball and they create lots of chances against the smaller teams. Marvin Martin pulls the strings in midfield and they have an able strike force in Ideye Brown and Mobido Maiga. Nicolas Peybernes impressed me in defence last week at Lorient so they absences of Jacques Faty and Jeremie Brechet do not worry me too much, especially with Carlao back in his screening role in midfield. Caen are an odd side, quite hard to predict, but they were poor at home to PSG last weekend and are embroiled in a drop battle. The ability of Youssouf El-Arabi concerns me so I'm taking the shorter price with some draw cover, but that seems a fair enough mark in my eyes. Les doubistes to get the job done here. Arles vs Valenciennes Valenciennes -0.25AH @ 1.787 with Pinnacle 6pts By the time these two face off tomorrow, Valenciennes could be in even deeper trouble at the bottom than they are now. They go to the south without Milan Bisevac, which is a blow to their defence, but I still see them taking the three points back to the Nungesser. Arles have improved at home and are getting more and more resolute, but a defeat here would officially relegate them. I don't particularly rate the hotch-potch nature of their side and recent points have come against teams who aren't creative or clinical. Valenciennes have got a man in form in striker Gregory Pujol and I reckon he could be the difference here. Arles always give chances away and I reckon he's the man to take advantage of them. Philippe Montanier has targeted this match as a must-win and I expect his side to get the points here. :hope

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April Rennes -Lorient Rennes -0.25 sbobet 1.92 7/10 poor team away and solid team home, as said above, with kembo back, it will offer to rennes much more offensive solutions , KTC is out and Kana biyk doubtfull but outstanding price i see rennes to do the job here with a half draw cover worth a shot Lille-Bordeaux lille to win interwetten 1.70 5/10 not the bet of the year but a bit of value here , lille will miss gervinho when bordeaux will miss tremoulinas sané and ciani , i cant see bordeaux getting anything from this trip, even if i expect a reaction from them, lille is just too strong for this average team , i would have seen this line more at 1.55 1.6 :hope

Lorient +0.5 @1.9 (b365) I agree with what has been said about that game, but I could easily see a draw and I find this handicap a bit generous. Rennes have many injuries and are starting to crumble under pressure, while Lorient can play with full squad and without concern. BTW, there has been several talks about the "nothing to play for" argument in the UK threads recently. I have also put a few coins on 1-1 @6. Small stakes.
1-2 :beer I was alone on this one, but I kept faith!

What do you guys think about Rennes - Lorient: 2? Rennes is missing a lot of players: Yacine Brahimi, Jires Ekoko, Abdou Kader Mangane, Alexander Tettey, Sylvain Marveaux, Abdoul Razzagui Camara. Lorient got a full squad to choose from. I know Rennes are a great home team and that Lorient only won to away games against St Etienne and Caen. The odds is around 4,50 - 4,80. :tongue2
Not all alone.. :cow

Toulouse -0.25AH @ 1.82 with 188bet 7pts LOSS Brest +0.5AH @ 1.87 with Pinnacle 6pts WIN Sochaux -0.25AH @ 1.73 with 188bet 6pts WIN Valenciennes -0.25AH @ 1.787 with Pinnacle 6pts WIN
Very nice weekend despite Toulouse losing. Good calls on Lorient chaps :ok

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 16-17 April PSG - Lyon Everything to play for at the top here and I fancy both teams to go for it. Lyon have goals in abundance in them and PSG being the home side would see this as a critical game to make up some points on the teams above them in the Champions league spots. Over 2.5 @ 2.16 betfair.