** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 11-17 April

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Sport Tennis Event Murray - Nadal Selection Murray +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 16/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.15 Reasoning Semifinal of the Monte Carlo tournament. Big match, leader of the ATP rank Rafael Nadal against number 4 Andy Murray. In bookmakers opinion clear favourite is Spanish man, but not for me. Murray in last season played 4 times against Rafaeal - beat this guy on the Australian Open, lost after three close sets at the Wimbledon, won in two sets in Toronto and lost after really close three sets at the London court. Ok, this is clay, but Rafa not look really, really strong in this week and Murray can fight against him. In 2009 at the Monte Carlo court Rafa beat Andy 2:0, but not with +5.5 games margin. Murray play good tournament here in this week, maybe don't make sensation, but have chance to good result, no doubt.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Ferrer for 1,44 is big gift for me. he play's so good tennis, probably the best on the clay after Nadal. I watched his match today vs. Troicki and it was one so comfortable win for him, il looked like that he played on 50%. and jurgen isn't a play who I respect so much, but today he made a soooo bif result with victory over Fedex. and already that was his first won set (and match ofc) versus roger, so he must be exhausted both physically and psychologically, and i not sure how he will put up with long rallies. another eazy match for Ferru as i see

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April

If anyone fancies a in game bet' date=' Murray has an elbow injury and is going to play even if he does complete the whole match he's gonna get ripped apart.[/quote'] 4-6 3-1 so far, does not look like being ripped apart ;) edit: 4-6 6-2 so far, Murray +5.5 guaranteed, good call TE :clap

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Sport Tennis Event Ferrer - Nadal Selection Ferrer +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 17/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.91 Reasoning Final of the tournament at the clay courts in Monte Carlo. Two players from Spain. Yesterday Rafael Nadal played against Murray(the same line for HC +5.5) and Rafa won in three sets with only 3 games margin. Ferrer is better claycouter than Scotish boy, any doubts in this. Line can't be the same. Ferrer yesterday beat Melzer - guy who beat Federer in two sets. David not give any chance for Austrian player, concended only 5 games. In this tournament won all matches 2:0. Form is in great moment. Ferrer +5.5

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April I will take one in the finals. (4/10) R.Nadal (-4.5) to bt. D.Ferrer @ 1.79 at Pinnacle I don't think that Ferrer has a chance here. He cannot push Rafa like Murray did in the semis - he simply lacks the punch. His results are also overrated a little bit - remember, he was broken three times by Troicki and Melzer was quite average against him. Rafa beat him 6-2 6-3 last year and I cannot see a result that would be much different. Nadal is on a different level than Ferrer if he plays anywhere near his best.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Nadal vs Ferrer over 19.5 @Pinnacle 1.699 The line is falling down quickly. Though Rafa should dispose Ferrer on clay, I cannot see him to do it in no time. That Murray 3h marathon match must have taken alot of energy and Ferrer always does his best against Rafa. 5 of 8 of their best-of-three sets matches on clay went over that line, I guess that the conditions today favour the over rather than to go against it. GL :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April I'm with Czech on this, and fancy Nadal, all be it with a riskier selection. Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer- Nadal -5.5 handicap- 5/4 Bet365- (4/10) No way in hell I fancy Ferrer at all today. I might be completely wrong and pig-headed for saying this, but Ferrer should have no chance today. Granted Nadal had an epic with an 'injured' Murray but he came through it playing some good stuff in my opinion. Murray played out of his skin to take a set of Nadal. Some of the returns he hit were top drawer and although Ferrer is a class returner as well, I wouldn't have backed him to get back some of the balls Murray did. Watched alot of Ferrer this week and he's not been in the same league as Nadal, not even close. His serve has been extremely errratic which is unusual for the Spaniard and on the second serve, he has thrown in a double fault to follow on a regular basis. The only reason Melzer didn't push him harder was due to his poor attitude on court. That first set should have really been his if truth be told. But he just let the momentum shift and threw in a bag of unforced errors. He didn't save any break points whilst Ferrer saved 8/9 on his serve. Nadal with his powerful forehand could prove the main problem for Ferrer today as although he will get to the ball, the strength of the man isn't huge and he could well drop it into mid-court and be punished. Nadal has covered this handicap on the last 6 meetings on clay between the two men from Spain so I don't see what has changed. The handicap isn't a guarantee, of course it isn't, but at above evens, feel I have to take this one for the king of clay.

I'm with Czech on this, and fancy Nadal, all be it with a riskier selection. Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer- Nadal -5.5 handicap- 5/4 Bet365- (4/10) No way in hell I fancy Ferrer at all today. I might be completely wrong and pig-headed for saying this, but Ferrer should have no chance today. Granted Nadal had an epic with an 'injured' Murray but he came through it playing some good stuff in my opinion. Murray played out of his skin to take a set of Nadal. Some of the returns he hit were top drawer and although Ferrer is a class returner as well, I wouldn't have backed him to get back some of the balls Murray did. Watched alot of Ferrer this week and he's not been in the same league as Nadal, not even close. His serve has been extremely errratic which is unusual for the Spaniard and on the second serve, he has thrown in a double fault to follow on a regular basis. The only reason Melzer didn't push him harder was due to his poor attitude on court. That first set should have really been his if truth be told. But he just let the momentum shift and threw in a bag of unforced errors. He didn't save any break points whilst Ferrer saved 8/9 on his serve. Nadal with his powerful forehand could prove the main problem for Ferrer today as although he will get to the ball, the strength of the man isn't huge and he could well drop it into mid-court and be punished. Nadal has covered this handicap on the last 6 meetings on clay between the two men from Spain so I don't see what has changed. The handicap isn't a guarantee, of course it isn't, but at above evens, feel I have to take this one for the king of clay.
Can't see any other outcome either.. Nadal on hcp for me.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April All @ bet365 18 Apr 10:00 Daniel Gimeno-Traver v Potito Starace 2.37 1.53 18 Apr 10:00 Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo v Albert Ramos 2.37 1.53 18 Apr 10:00 Santiago Giraldo v Thomaz Bellucci 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Richard Gasquet v Juan-Ignacio Chela 1.36 3.00 18 Apr 10:00 Tobias Kamke v Blaz Kavcic 2.10 1.66 18 Apr 10:00 Radek Stepanek v Milos Raonic 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Guillermo Garcia Lopez v Denis Istomin 1.40 2.75 18 Apr 10:00 Feliciano Lopez v Mikhail Kukushkin 1.33 3.25 18 Apr 10:00 Kei Nishikori v Pere Riba 1.53 2.37 18 Apr 10:00 Marcel Granollers v Daniel Brands 1.33 3.25 18 Apr 10:00 Teymuraz Gabashvili v Albert Montanes 3.75 1.25 18 Apr 10:00 Kevin Anderson v Pablo Cuevas 2.75 1.40 18 Apr 10:00 Andrey Golubev v Victor Hanescu 1.83 1.83 18 Apr 10:00 Gerard Granollers-Pujol v Pablo Andujar 5.00 1.14 18 Apr 10:00 Nikolay Davydenko v Alexandr Dolgopolov 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Juan Monaco v Grigor Dimitrov 1.36 3.00 18 Apr 10:00 Xavier Malisse v Juan Carlos Ferrero 2.25 1.57 Can we please focus on Barcelona instead of the final today? It's quite interesting matches in first round of Barcelona.

I'm with Czech on this, and fancy Nadal, all be it with a riskier selection. Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer- Nadal -5.5 handicap- 5/4 Bet365- (4/10) No way in hell I fancy Ferrer at all today. I might be completely wrong and pig-headed for saying this, but Ferrer should have no chance today. Granted Nadal had an epic with an 'injured' Murray but he came through it playing some good stuff in my opinion. Murray played out of his skin to take a set of Nadal. Some of the returns he hit were top drawer and although Ferrer is a class returner as well, I wouldn't have backed him to get back some of the balls Murray did. Watched alot of Ferrer this week and he's not been in the same league as Nadal, not even close. His serve has been extremely errratic which is unusual for the Spaniard and on the second serve, he has thrown in a double fault to follow on a regular basis. The only reason Melzer didn't push him harder was due to his poor attitude on court. That first set should have really been his if truth be told. But he just let the momentum shift and threw in a bag of unforced errors. He didn't save any break points whilst Ferrer saved 8/9 on his serve. Nadal with his powerful forehand could prove the main problem for Ferrer today as although he will get to the ball, the strength of the man isn't huge and he could well drop it into mid-court and be punished. Nadal has covered this handicap on the last 6 meetings on clay between the two men from Spain so I don't see what has changed. The handicap isn't a guarantee, of course it isn't, but at above evens, feel I have to take this one for the king of clay.
LOSS Still felt I had to take it otherwise should it have come in I would have been annoyed. Thought Nadal would kick on when he got that early break in the second set but wasn't to be. Good week in the forum though. Good week for me individually overall as well as I backed Ballabriggs in the national last week. Bring on Barca.