** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 11-17 April

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Melzer +3 games vs Almagro 1.75@triobet! Both theese guys lovs to play on clay cort and it will be an interesting match. But i decided to go for the dog here, because of Almagro's bad form lately, he made into the final in Mexico, but looking to all the season long he hasn't done anything well. Stupid losses bad serve like always, Didn't wathced the R1 games, but i think here we must go on with Jurgen, especially when he's underdog. :hope

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April

Psycho..does the bet stand as a losing bet? cuz one set was completed. I took it wid pinnacle as well :s
If you had a handicap you're bet will be void. If you bet on Robredo to win, unfortunately you lost the bet.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Interesting match this Simon-Murray. Simon twisted his angle a bit in the end of 1st set. Now Andy took advantage and started to use dropshots in the second (wich Simon was unable to reach, of course), and the crowd whistled in angry disapproval - not very sport behaviour from the crowd :eek

Interesting match this Simon-Murray. Simon twisted his angle a bit in the end of 1st set. Now Andy took advantage and started to use dropshots in the second (wich Simon was unable to reach' date=' of course), and the crowd whistled in angry disapproval - not very sport behaviour from the crowd :eek[/quote'] Watching, too. Terrible situation for me. Have bet on Murray but really hate to see Simon continuing. Kinda fan of him in a way, so this is lame that he decided not to retire.

Watching' date=' too. Terrible situation for me. Have bet on Murray but really hate to see Simon continuing. Kinda fan of him in a way, so this is lame that he decided not to retire.[/quote'] I have LIVE bet on Murray, too, and I am pissed by the fact that Simon continues to play despite his chances are less than zero. My bookie already removed this match from the list. edit: Andy tried to make things more interesting by losing his serve while serving for the match at 5-1 in the second, but the second try was successfull: 6-3 6-3. I have an impression that the crowd in Monte-Carlo does not like Andy for some reason :-)

4) Ivan Ljubicic to beat Tomas Berdych. 3.54 @ Pinnacle (4/10) WIN 1) Andy Murray -2.5 AH vs Gilles Simon. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN 2) Tommy Robredo -2.5 AH vs Victor Troicki. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) VOID 3) Frederico Gil vs Gael Monfils. Over 21.5 games. 1.85 @ Bwin (5/10) LOSS
Should have been one more retirement had Simon did the right thing. Anyway lucky with the way it turned out. Monfils pathetic gave up after loosing the first set tie-break.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April :) i went for melzer :) thank you for the tip! i was going to go for murray too but then i thought the clay game is a lil too close and maybe murray still might be having his bad patch!

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April One early for tomorrow. Victor Troicki vs David Ferrer. Under 19.5 games. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Troicki is lucky to still be here. Robredo had him before he was forced to retire. Troicki not impressed in two matches prior to that as well and playing against Ferrer on clay will be a nightmare for the Serbian player. Troicki can't serve on clay and baseline rallies will be dominated by Ferrer. Expect him to take care of Troicki very quickly and not mess around. They have played couple times before and Ferrer won easily both times. 6-0, 6-3 in and 6-0, 6-3. The first one was on clay.

Tommy Robredo -2.5 games @ 1.901 with Pinnacle 7pts VOID Andy Murray -2.5 games @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 5pts WIN Ivan Ljubicic +3 games AH @ 2.29 with Pinnacle 4pts WIN
Good profits for all of us today by the looks of things :ok

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Nothing very original about this one ... It's very hard to see David Ferrer not tearing Viktor Troicki up for toilet paper. The Serb was almost certainly on his way home before Tommy Robredo got injured. Ferrer is twice the clay court player Robredo is and is fit and very much on form. He's disposed of Milos Raonic and Feliciano Lopez very easily and I'd expect the same here. He's serving well, returning with vigour and moving perfectly - all the things Troicki isn't. H2H doesn't read too well for the Serb - two complete humblings - and despite the price in the low 1.80s, Under 19.5 games has to be taken here. The line won't last long, and a 6-4 6-3 win for Ferrer would be the least I expect here. Reccommendation Under 19.5 games in Viktor Troicki vs David Ferrer @ 1.806 with Pinnacle 7pts :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April 2/3 for today, pity Birdman seemed to be playing like crap second set to kill the overs. Anyway, cant argue with what has been said re Ferrer vs Troicki. Troicki should be gone home, he's played poorly at times this week...broken loads of times by lisnard and fognini...and Robredo was beating him today but retired unfortunately. His movement and serve not as effective on this surface. Ferrer on the other hand loves it in Monte Carlo, usually takes a top player to beat him here.....solid wins so far, Raonic couldnt do anything and I expect Troicki to go down in 2 aswell. h2h comfortable 2-0 in Ferrer's favour and easy wins at that. Ferrer vs Troicki UNDER 19.5 games @ 5/6 (Boyles:5pts)

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Selection Under 9.5(first set) Strength 10/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.94 Reasoning I bet under in first set for this game. Maybe line is tricky, if Murray serving first must broken only one more time Gil and won 6-3, but if Gil started Murray must broken two times more. In my opinion can do it. Murray yesterday in first set against Simon look really good, play very stable tennis, not making unforced errors, many nice winners. Simon is not bad player, in my opinion better than Gil. Gil played against Monfils, ok - beat Monfa in two sets, but Gael in this moment is totally out of the best form. Gil always making more unforced errors than winners - easy opponent for Murray. 6-2 --- Sport Tennis Event Ferrer - Troicki Selection Under 18.5 Strength 10/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 Reasoning I watched both guys yesterday.. First think before this match - under! Look at the lines and made confident bet. Troicki yesterday played against Robredo, and have big problems against typicall claycouter in first set and lost 3-6, in second set Robredo retired and give free way for Troicki.. Ferrer is one class above Robredo in this moment. Troicki made too many errors from baseline. Ferrer played against one of the biggest young tennis star Raonic and beat this guy without any problems, if play on this level in this match I don't see any chances for Viktor. Line is good to play, I see one easy set and one closer

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April I agree at all with you, and took under on David al my local bookie for the biggest stake in last few months. I watched Viktor in many matches (because i am from serbia and fancy viktor and tipsa a lot ) this season, and here ofc, vs. ugly Italian Fabio :lol and today vs. boRedo. he was really awfull. not to mention disaster with retired Lisnard. bad serve, too much UE from such clear positions, robredo destroyed him today and then suddenly retired :cry David is impressive for me, the best player on clay after Rafa. so fast, playing with a few UE, good serve. everything is much better than 'ok'. and vs. raonic he was returning eazy serves about 220 kph :notworthy it has to be comfortable win for david, something like 6-3 6-2, i hope.

Sport Tennis
Event Ivan Ljubicic - Rafael Nadal
Selection Ivan Ljubicic
Strength 2/10
Date 15/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 30.00
Reasoning Rafael Nadal is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time. He is great player, Rafa completed the career Grand Slam by winning US Open in 2010. He has won five title Roland Garros (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010). Nadal has won 6 consecutive titles in Monte Carlo (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010). Rafael Nadal has won 34 in a row at Monte Carlo TMS. Wow! For me Ivan Ljubicic can win against him because he is in very good shape. The last match on clay they played here in Monte Carlo in 2009 - Rafael Nadal won in two sets after 73 minutes. 2nd Serve's Rafa is not strong but Nadal plays fantastic in rallies. He has great forehand, backhand. He is very physically fit. Rafael Nadal is favorite in this match but I think that Ivan Ljubicic can win. I see big value in this option and I have to bet on Ivan! Come on!

Sport Tennis
Event Frederico Gil - Andy Murray
Selection Frederico Gil -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 15/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 8.00
Reasoning I bet on Frederico Gil -1.5 sets handicap. Andy Murray in my opinion is playing weakly in Monte Carlo - ok he defeated Radek Stepanek but Czech was playing terrible! Andy won against Gilles Simon yesterday but Gilles had health problems. Frenchman had 5 break points and won 3. Murray's service is not dangerous. I watched Frederico Gil yesterday and he played great: 1st Serve Percentage 63%(49/78) 1st Serve Points Won 73% (36/49) 2nd Serve Points Won 59% (17/29) Break Points Saved 100% (3/3) Frederico Gil feels great on this surface. He is in very good shape, beating many good rivals like Monfils, Florian Mayer. Frederico feels better on this surface than his opponent - Andy Murrray. Andy's favourite surface is hardcourt. Gil is really hard to break and he can't lost too many serve games in this match. He can holding service without big problems and waiting for rival's bad moments. For me Gil will win after two sets.

Under 19.5 games in Viktor Troicki vs David Ferrer @ 1.806 with Pinnacle 7pts WIN
That was an absolute gimme. Should have really been a NAP but hopefully a lot of people got on as it was tipped up by a fair number of people here :ok

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Selection Murray 2-0 sets Strength 10/10 Bookmaker/Price betfair @ 1.7 This should be an easy game for Murray, Gil playing well but is another level of Murray. To see that, Simmon beat easaly Gil recently ( 6-3 6-3 ). These 2 met only once before as youngsters and Murray won 7-6 7-5, in May 2003. To cover this I will go also small stakes on Gil 2-0, I have seen some strange stuff from Murray this season. Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Gil 2-0 sets Strength 01/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price betfair @ 8.6

That was an absolute gimme. Should have really been a NAP but hopefully a lot of people got on as it was tipped up by a fair number of people here :ok
I had in play 1st set under 9.5 games after I have seen couple of Troicki's UEs, but ATM I did not know that David is soooo awful - he has been broken 3 times by Troicki, and tomorrow it will be pretty safe to fade him 0:2 against whoever wins that Melzer-Federer match.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April :ok

Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Selection Murray 2-0 sets Strength 10/10 Bookmaker/Price betfair @ 1.7 This should be an easy game for Murray, Gil playing well but is another level of Murray. To see that, Simmon beat easaly Gil recently ( 6-3 6-3 ). These 2 met only once before as youngsters and Murray won 7-6 7-5, in May 2003. To cover this I will go also small stakes on Gil 2-0, I have seen some strange stuff from Murray this season. Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Gil 2-0 sets Strength 01/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price betfair @ 8.6
:ok:ok:ok

Sport Tennis Event Murray - Gil Selection Under 9.5(first set) Strength 10/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.94 Reasoning I bet under in first set for this game. Maybe line is tricky, if Murray serving first must broken only one more time Gil and won 6-3, but if Gil started Murray must broken two times more. In my opinion can do it. Murray yesterday in first set against Simon look really good, play very stable tennis, not making unforced errors, many nice winners. Simon is not bad player, in my opinion better than Gil. Gil played against Monfils, ok - beat Monfa in two sets, but Gael in this moment is totally out of the best form. Gil always making more unforced errors than winners - easy opponent for Murray. 6-2 --- Sport Tennis Event Ferrer - Troicki Selection Under 18.5 Strength 10/10 Date 15/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 Reasoning I watched both guys yesterday.. First think before this match - under! Look at the lines and made confident bet. Troicki yesterday played against Robredo, and have big problems against typicall claycouter in first set and lost 3-6, in second set Robredo retired and give free way for Troicki.. Ferrer is one class above Robredo in this moment. Troicki made too many errors from baseline. Ferrer played against one of the biggest young tennis star Raonic and beat this guy without any problems, if play on this level in this match I don't see any chances for Viktor. Line is good to play, I see one easy set and one closer
Simply great picks.. I went for +4.5 Gil so I lost 10€ but also won 50€ on the other one. Ferrer can't handle Melzer if he plays like today.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April David Ferrer v Jurgen Melzer 1.40 2.87 @bet365 What do you think chaps? Seems obvious Melzer wins and records another upset. Ferrer was not playing at the same level as Melzer did today. We all know Melzer has a good chance here. Edit: Wow this is some nice statistics. Head 2 head reads 3-2 Ferrer and Melzer won the last two matches. 2010 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Paris France Hard R16 Melzer, Jurgen 7-6(6), 2-6, 6-3 2010 Roland Garros France Clay R32 Melzer, Jurgen 6-4, 6-0, 7-6(1) 2009 Rotterdam The Netherlands Hard R32 Ferrer, David 3-6, 7-6(4), 7-5 2003 Roland Garros France Clay R128 Ferrer, David 6-2, 6-2, 7-6(2) 2002 Bucharest Romania Clay R16 Ferrer, David 6-4, 7-6(6)

David Ferrer v Jurgen Melzer 1.40 2.87 @bet365
Had unders in their FO match. Was expecting Ferrer to have it in straight sets but turned out to be the other way round. Melzer was impressive today but not sure he'll have much of emotions left for tomorrow. Beating Federer is massive. He beat Nadal in Shanghai last year and lost the next match to Monaco. I'll stay away and for me this tournament is over unless Ferrer plays Murray in the final :lol One more piece of info from me. Have to check conditions tomorrow. Saw the wind today in Fedex and Melzer match and went for unders in Nadal's match coz was expecting Ljubicic to have problems with serve and it was just like that. Remember Nadal destroying Murray in Indian Wells final 2 years ago, he dropped just smth like 3 games in that match and it was very windy back then. If the conditions are the same I'd fancy him to handle Murray a lot more easier than in normal conditions. Murray actually could be able to keep at least one of the sets close.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 April Staying out of the semi-finals tomorrow aswell, happy enough with the way this week has gone with no losers at all. Will probably skip the final too and enjoy the weekend ahead of Barcelona next week. Been a fine effort thus far from many in this tournament, top stuff chaps :ok