** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread I think taking all things into account that Carlton House actually ran a blinder. It was sweating like a paedophile in a playground before the race, absolutely dripping wet like all the slags in Manchester now watching Take That. :) It had an awful draw and had a bad racing position, lost a shoe, took a bump on Tattenham corner, came wide and still managed 3rd. I had a small covering bet on Pour Moi but would have preferred Carlton House for a nice win. Can't take anything away from the winner, absolutely top class, jockey was so close to a hefty ban, a big race loss and clearly mistimed standing up in the saddle. I don't think Pour Moi will get away with being so far back at Longchamp in the Arc but it was an amazing run from near last to first. I actually think it will work out to be a decent race and there will be plenty of winners come from it.

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread

Can't take anything away from the winner' date=' absolutely top class, jockey was so close to a hefty ban, a big race loss and clearly mistimed standing up in the saddle. I don't think Pour Moi will get away with being so far back at Longchamp in the Arc but it was an amazing run from near last to first.[/quote'] He got a day ban and a ticking off from the stewards. Personally i thought it was a superb ride put it to sleep out the back a length or so behind the second last horse then came like concorde at the death so i don't have a problem with him celebrating slightly early as the speed the horse was going was always going to carry them through the short distance he had left IMO and after all it was the English Derby and he is a 19yo French lad most were there to see the Queens horse win i think he can be forgiven/excused his exuberance will be hard to beat in the Arc.

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread

I think taking all things into account that Carlton House actually ran a blinder. It was sweating like a paedophile in a playground before the race' date=' absolutely dripping wet like all the slags in Manchester now watching Take That. :) It had an awful draw and had a bad racing position, lost a shoe, took a bump on Tattenham corner, came wide and still managed 3rd. I had a small covering bet on Pour Moi but would have preferred Carlton House for a nice win. Can't take anything away from the winner, absolutely top class, jockey was so close to a hefty ban, a big race loss and clearly mistimed standing up in the saddle. I don't think Pour Moi will get away with being so far back at Longchamp in the Arc but it was an amazing run from near last to first. I actually think it will work out to be a decent race and there will be plenty of winners come from it.[/quote'] Nice write up.... :clap No earnings for me, since NK made some strange gazelle like hops in the final furlongs, but I love that Barza Guy, all that people in the RP comments section with their ifs and whens, should forget about their losses and get real... He is 19 and shipped the Epsom Derby, he knew he did and he has every right in the world to celebrate. Loved his quote, it took Dettori 10 times to ship it... :drums

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread I am still seeing people knocking Treasure Beach and the 3 year old form. I have no idea why although it is hard to judge yet. The only thing I can imagine is that TB was an outsider in the Derby and therefore people thought it was a bit of a fluke and even after today assume it is not great form? What are your thoughts? In terms of Fillies I don't think Midday ran to form in the PP Stakes but Misty For Me was awesome and surely gave the fillies 3 year old form a massive boost. The Oaks was a strange race and I don't think the best horses were the ones up there. The Arc could be a cracker and I hope to go over this year, would anyone really rule out the 3 year olds, including Nathaniel if he goes for the race? Sarafina showed her turn of foot today but it was a muddling race early on, althougb she would have probably won in more impressive fashion if someone had set a pace. Pour Moi is clearly a class horse and I cannot wait to see him NTO, and with Workforce, SYT, Rewilding and SNA in the mix if they all line up it will be amazing (doubtful they will of course).

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread I actually think last year's Derby was worse form. Workforce won so easily and nothing in the race has really done anything except him. Rewilding only and he didn't really ran to his best at Epsom, because he didn't handle the track. Class helped him to stay on for well beaten 3rd. While this year's race could turn out to be a lot better. Treasure Beach is a solid marker. Nathaniel looks decent and they both look like top 3yo's. And the way Pour Moi quickened twice to win, I've never seen something like that before. I think he'll be very tough to beat in Arc. Gosden said the other day if Epsom was flat, he would've won by 5L. He apparently has been very impressed by him, when he saw him swoop past his field in France, where John ran Questioning.

Re: Epsom Derby 2011 - Ante Post Thread True. At First Sight, no one except Workforce could catch him. Jan Vermeer has done the form no favours at all. I have said it quite a few times, but you can't know Workforce for winning the Derby and Arc but that King George run will always be in everyones mind. Shame we didn't see Harbinger again. His run was shown again on ATR the other day and it made my hairs stand up, not seen it for a while!