** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League Rd 9, Northern Rail & Co-Op Champs

4 for me tonight Huddersfield to beat Warrington @ 2.56 (Betfair) 1/5 Huddersfield vs. Warrington - Under 46.5 Points @ 1.83 (Betfair) 2/5 Both sides welcome back some decent players in the shape of Westwood, O’Donnell, Gilmour etc. but lose a couple in the likes of Briers and Fa’alogo. Think Hudds just look a touch large here, might be a touch too much read into their home defeat to Wigan and the 6/4 for a home win – admittedly a 2nd consecutive defeat for Wire; not something that happens too much – looks large to me. Also, the team news as it is, I could see Warrington struggling for creativity and Hudds struggling for yardage so the unders (both 6 from 8 under this line) looks a decent bet too. St Helens (-12) to beat Crusaders @ 1.8 (Sportingbet) 3/5 Crusaders still one of the lesser performing sides against the handicap this season, their win at a poor Salford last week only their second against the handicapper so far. Saints have won 4 from 8 overall and 2 of their 3 away from the Stobart, both over the 12 received here. Withers still missing for Crusaders and Moore, Meli, Pryce and Clough missing for Saints, I still feel they’ve the strength in depth to cope and beat the Crusaders by more than the 12 here. Bradford to beat Hull FC @ 2.75 (Sky Bet) 1/5 Just feel that Hull are still under a bit of pressure here. They may have felt hard done by against Cas’ last week but they’ve been poor this season and a couple of early tries could see the heads go down again. Bradford aren’t in the greatest of form granted, but they’re grinding out some wins and you should still get a run for your money here at 2.75. L’Estrange and O’Meley return for both sides in notable team news. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 9, Northern Rail & Co-Op Champs Wakefield have had a poor start to the season, losing 6 of the 8 games they have played so far whereas Harlequins have won 4 of their opening 8 games. Based on points conceded so far this season, there is not much separating these 2 teams. While Harlequins' defense might not be great, their attack should be a little too much for Wakefield to handle. I reckon that Harlequins should be able to outscore their opponents and cover this smallish handicap with ease. 6pts Harlequins (-2) @ 1.90 ladbrokes 1.5pts Harlequins (-10) @ 3.25 ladbrokes (Just got a niggling feeling this may pay off too) GL :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 9, Northern Rail & Co-Op Champs Cheers Kev. Umm-ed and ahh-ed a bit on this one but decided to go for it Leeds (-10) to beat Hull KR @ 2.1 (Bet365) 2/5 As I've said in the past, this KR outfit are missing Dobson and Newton badly. A poor run of form has seen them only take the one win against the handicapper in their last 5 - the 40-22 defeat of Crusaders in Round 5. Leeds haven't been pulling up trees recently but have 2 away wins from 3 when receiving the -10, their only defeat being the 40-24 loss to Warrington in Round 4. Their bench is looking stronger each week and although falling away towards the end, they put in a much improved performance last time out against Wigan. I'll take them to win this by more than the 10. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 9, Northern Rail & Co-Op Champs Coop Championship 1 Rochdale v Whitehaven Sel - Rochdale +6 1.90 Bet365 In Round 1 Whitehaven beat Rochdale 30-22 at home, Rochdale have improved since then, particularly since they started to get some players back. Last week they ended Doncaster's 100% record with their best performance of the season - and that was away from home. Whitehaven are still a 100% team but they haven't had the toughest of openings and this will be their greatest test. The 6pts makes Rochdale a decent proposition.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 9, Northern Rail & Co-Op Champs I've gone for Whitehaven with -6 (williamhills). As mentioned we've already beaten Rochdale once but this will be slightly harder. Team is taking shape though. New signings Lee Doran and Issaaka add strength to their pack. Discipline as improved also. Thery've made an excellent start to their league campaign winning 4/4 and if it wasn't for their points deduction could well be sitting top of the league. I reckon Whitehaven by 10-12:ok