** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA - 6th April Picks

Washington Wizards at Indiana Pacers - Wizards (+11.5) @ 1.917 (Pinnacle Sports) This line is way too big for a much improved Wizards. They've won three on the trot including two road games and the Pacers although worthy favourites aren't a good enough team to beat Washington by 12. There are very few games left in the season, and as was apparent last night, the results are crazy so it is a good time to be backing underdogs. With little to play for, there will probably be less chance for the Pacers to thrash the Wizards.

Re: NBA - 6th April Picks Sacramento Kings at San Antonio Spurs - Kings (+12.5) @ 1.91 (Skybet) I wish I had backed the Kings recently because they have played well of late, going 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games, and come up against the Spurs who have slightly redeemed themselves after winning the last two games. With the Lakers struggling last night the Spurs are very close to securing the number one seed and there isn't much urgency for them to get a victory here. Very similar thinking to the game above, with little to play for and the Kings in decent form, this handicap is too much for the Spurs to beat.

Re: NBA - 6th April Picks Wolves v Suns. Over 217 points. 1.80 @ Bet365 This is one of few bets in NBA where you don't need deep analysis. Wolves are awful when defending but can generate decent offense, like they showed against solid defensive team Nets yesterday. Suns have got Nash back, they had no chances against Bulls last night but this will be completely different ball game. They only meeting this season finished 128-122 for Suns. Today it's just 217 points and despite back-to-back situation for both ball clubs I still believe it will be run'n'gun type of ball game and overs for me. Kings +11 AH @ Spurs. 1.91 @ Betsafe This kinda looks too big for Spurs to cover considering they are an old team and played last night in Atlanta, so that basically means that some of the starters will have less playing time and the reserves will get involved more. Spurs won't mind winning ugly and by slim margins as long as it's a win. Kings on the other hand play for fun and beat Rockets last night and will be surely high on confidence. I think they can keep this under 11 points. Warriors v Lakers. Over 201 points. 1.85 @ 5Dimes -5 pts handicap which is on offer normally would be considered as a gift offer in Lakers match against Warriors but after Lakers disaster against Jazz last night I'm not that sure. Think this match will be high scoring anyway so just 201 points look too short for me. Overs here should be the right outcome.

Re: NBA - 6th April Picks Houston Rockets at New Orleans Hornets - Hornets (-2.5) @ 1.91 The Rockets are mentally and physically exhausted after their loss to the Kings which all but put them out of the playoffs and will have little motivation playing their 3rd game in 4 games against a tough defensive team like New Orleans. The Hornets want a win here to try and gain a higher seeding in the playoffs to avoid a possible match up with the Lakers, a team they don't match up well too and a team they've lost to 4 times this season. With the Rockets giving up lots of points lately and lacking motivation, and the Hornets having a good reason to win, I think the handicap is well within New Orleans reach.

Re: NBA - 6th April Picks NBA 2011.04.06 Final 10 Picks: New York ML +190 (2.90) 5Dimes (-3) New York +5.5 -105 (1.95) BetOnline (-3) Cleveland @ Toronto: Over 208.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, 2BetDSI (o214) Orlando -6.5 -115 (1.87) BetOnline (-10) New Jersey @ Detroit: Under 199 -110 (1.91) 2BetDSI (u194) Houston ML +130 (2.30) The Greek, YouWager (-4) Houston +3 -110 (1.91) The Greek, YouWager (-4) LA Clippers ML +550 (6.50) Bookmaker, 5Dimes (-4) LA Clippers +10.5 -108 (1.93) 5Dimes (-4) LA Lakers @ Golden State: Over 201.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, 2BetDSI (o210) Good Luck!