** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series

kevshat

Following on from the World Cup, Australia travel to Bangladesh for a 3 match ODI series. Seems a pretty pointless series this other than for Michael Clarke to try and become a better captain. However Sky have picked up the broadcast rights for it so all 3 matches are live in the UK which could lead to some betting opportunities in a busy cricketing weekend. Schedule:

Sat Apr 9 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 04:30 BST 1st ODI - Bangladesh v Australia Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 34.png 22 - 33° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Mostly Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Mon Apr 11 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 04:30 BST 2nd ODI - Bangladesh v Australia Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A
Wed Apr 13 08:00 GMT | 14:00 local 09:00 BST 3rd ODI - Bangladesh v Australia Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series One outright for me ahead of the series. - 3pts Brett Lee Top Australian Series Bowler @ 9/4 (via Stan James) This is set to be a pretty annoying and pointless tournament played out in Bangladesh with both teams looking to put pretty ordinary World Cup tournaments behind them. Brett Lee was easily the Aussies' standout player in the World Cup though and I really can't look past him carrying on his impressive world cup form in these three matches. Shaun Tait has retired from ODI cricket and Jason Krezja has been dropped (or rested) which leaves the Aussie attack being five from Lee/Johnson/Pattinson/Hastings/Doherty/Smith/Watson. Let's be serious the first two are effectively nailed on to snag this market and with Lee being in the better form I'll play for him to be the most effective over the course of the series. Not the most amazing price ever but he is as low as 2/1 elsewhere. Stan James still play at 3.25 so I'll take it before I lose out.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series One for the first match. - 6pts Fall of first Australia Over 32.5 runs @ 5/6 (via Paddy Power This doesn't even need much reasoning. Shane Watson and Brad Haddin have built a formiddable partnership together now that is up there with the best opening pairs in world cricket. Together they batted together six times at the world cup and only failed to beat this line once. That was against a formiddable Pakistani attack too. Admittedly in the warm up match they played yesterday, Shane Watson fell at 31 but I fail to see the Bangladeshi opening bowlers causing the Aussie openers too many problems. Watson had already hit a six and a four within 12 balls before he got caught yesterday, I doubt he'll play with such aggression tomorrow when it really matters. Haddin is steady as ever too. Bangladesh never got a wicket before conceding 28 runs at the World Cup and two of those matches were against Ireland and Holland. They'll more than likely open up with Shafiul and Razzak tomorrow. I expect Watson and Brad to deal with them without too much fuss. Fairly confident play and happy to take it here at PP where it is as high as 38.5 at Willhill. Overs for me.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series One outright for me. 2pts R.Ponting Top Australia Series Batsman 9/2 Coral Ricky Ponting has a bit of a point to prove now that he's given up the captaincy. I still think he's a decent batsman. He showed all his class in the World Cup quarter final with a majestic ton against India and he's since followed that up with a 70 odd in the warm up match for this series. I think he knew he was giving the captaincy up during that World Cup campaign and relaxed from the pressures and let his bat flow. On his best form he's still the very best Australia has to offer at the minute and with the captaincy pressures off and some good form behind him I think this price is too big and I'll take Ponting to fight back with a stack of runs here.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series One for me in the 2nd ODI. 3pts M.Rahim's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. People who've followed me in the past will know I'm a big fan of Bangladesh's wicket keeper Rahim. I think he's a very good keeper and he can bat a fair bit too and it's good to see him getting a run at 5 in the batting order. He covered this total with the bat in the first game and there's no reason why he can't in the 2nd either as he'll be batting against the shitheap bowlers like Smith and Doherty rather than the likes of Brett Lee. I think he'll contribute being the stumps in this match too. Australia batted well on Saturday but this wicket should turn a bit now so catches and more importantly stumpings are quite possible. I think he can cover 32 with the bat but with the high scoring potential with the gloves it's even more likely this line gets covered so it's the overs for me.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series Does anyone know what happens to my bet, I had Ponting to score 50 or more in this game, if he remains behind the target but not out?, I really can't believe it hasn't come in, really disliking Watson right now :(...

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Australia ODI Series Well he didn't make 50 so I'm sure it would be settled as a loser. That Watson innings was fxckin ridiculous; he's something else. Annoyingly the opening partnership line sailed in today despite Haddin only making 8. C'est la vie. Nice shout on Musfiqur Kev.