** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA - 5th April Picks

Oklahoma City Thunder at Denver Nuggets - Nuggets (-3.5) @ 1.83 (PaddyPower) Nuggets are really short here considering the form they are. They are playing fantastically at the moment. The team play and depth of their squad is better than most and this showed with a good road win at the Lakers. Here they face a lethargic OKC Thunder who have lost their last two road games, most recently against the Clippers and the Blazers. The line is only going to move more in favour of the Nuggets I feel so take this early to get the best line possible. With Denver looking very strong beating big teams, they shouldn't have much of a problem dispatching the Thunder by 4 points.

Re: NBA - 5th April Picks Cavs v Bobcats. Over 189 points. 1.80 @ Bet365 Find this a bit short. Like we know very well, neither team has anything to play for this season, so can play for fun and that most of the time means no defense and attacking basketball. Cavaliers have got awful defense but they can score, especially at home. Bobcats with or without Jackson also should be good to produce some nice offensive performance. Opting for overs in this match. Wizards v Pistons. Over 202.5 points. 1.80 @ Bet365 Another match with overs and another match where there is nothing to play for. Both meetings this season between these two teams finished overs and even both teams managed to score over 100 points each in both meetings. Wizards play better and score more at home, so another reason to expect overs. Pistons won't mind playing open ball game this time. So overs for me! Grizzlies v Clippers. Under 199.5 points. 1.80 @ Bet365 Memphis naturally is unders' team and Clippers will be playing this one on the road so can't expect them to have say on this match like they would have playing @ Staples. Grizzlies are very good defensive team and Clippers have had problems scoring against them. In two matches this season (btw, both unders), Clippers managed to score only 82 and 83 points. I think Memphis has got every chance to limit LAC again and 199.5 points looks kinda too big for my liking in this match. Rockets -9 AH v Kings. 1.93 @ Pinnacle Rockets have totally dominated Kings this season winning all three matches and only once there was a winning margin less than 10 points. In the only match played in Houston, Rockets won 118-105. Actually could be overs today as well, however not sure how much will Kings score. They can be very good but can be terrible as well. I guess the lack of defense for Rockets might provide Kings with more chances, yet I still stick with my handicap choice which I cee coming thru even in the case of overish match. Nuggets v Thunder. Over 204.5 points. 1.80 @ Bet365 Obviously a mistake by bookies. In any scenario can't see this match having unders, not even with Thunder having big lead which looks like a slim chance to me. Denver are on a very impressive winning streak and will fancy their chances today as well, despite having still some players out. In both matches this season there have been overs that have gone way beyond 204.5 line. Thunder won 114-106 at home in December, but Nuggets got the revenge on their court beating Thunder 112-107 in January, so clearly overs in this one. Warriors +11 AH @ Trail Blazers. 1.83 @ Bet365 Find this handicap line ridiculous. Even with Blazers being quality defensive unit they have had huge struggles against Warriors this season. They only beat them by a single point in December at home 96-95. Monta Ellis missed a shot at buzzer which would have won the match for Golden State. Curry missed that match. Warriors did get a win against Portland at home, beating them 109-102 seven days later. Despite Warriors having nothing to play for 11 points looks to big to me.

Re: NBA - 5th April Picks NBA 2011.04.05 Final 10 Picks: San Antonio @ Atlanta: Under 195 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (u188) Orlando -8 -107 (1.93) 5Dimes (-13) & Over 179 (o191) Cleveland ML +115 (2.15) BetUS (-5) & Cleveland +1.5 -115 (1.87) BetOnline (-5) New York Knicks -9.5 -102 (1.98) 5Dimes (-14) Chicago -10.5 -108 (1.93) 5Dimes (-16) Sacramento @ Houston: Over 218.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, BetJamaica (o225) Denver -4 -105 (1.95) 5Dimes (-11) Golden State @ Portland: Over 201.5 -110 (1.91) JazzSports, BetUS (o209) Good Luck!