** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: County Championship 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011

Wednesday 7 September 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Hampshire (10:30 BST)1.72.38100.84 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Nottinghamshire (10:30 BST)1.752.3100.62 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Sussex (10:30 BST)21.93101.81 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Somerset (10:30 BST)2.261.72102.14 %
Wednesday 7 September 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Kent (10:30 BST)22100.00 %
maximize.gifEssex v Surrey (10:30 BST)2.621.61100.21 %
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Middlesex (10:30 BST)31.5697.44 %
maximize.gifGloucestershire v Leicestershire (10:30 BST)1.483.2598.34 %

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Big week this week as Middlesex can sew up the second division title if they take 21pts from their match against Glamorgan. David Masters plays his last match of the season too so we'll know the target he will set for Murtagh to catch. I'm taking 4 bets to go with it too. 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Warwickshire 13/10 Bet365 We've seen all summer that when sides have the pressure of needing to win on their shoulders they have struggled and that's exactly what Warwickshire have got now. They know if they win their last two matches they will be county champions again but with one win in their last four matches it's fair to say they are labouring towards the finish line rather than sprinting at it. I always feel under pressure Warwickshire's batting is likely to wobble especially when Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott aren't around. Shivnerine Chanderpaul eases some of that pressure but they will be facing a decent bowling attack here. Notts will be without Samit Patel but other than finishing as high up in the defence of their title as is possible the Outlaws aren't playing for anything else. Their bowling attack will always keep them in matches and if their batsmen can stick a couple of scores up I think they can take advantage of the freedom of no pressure to win this at a nice price. 3pts Hampshire to beat Lancashire 11/8 Paddy Power Hampshire are suddenly making a real run at surviving in the Championship and they've really responded well to Jimmy Adams unofficially taking over the captaincy of the four day side. Lancashire are starting to see the winning line in the Championship and have collapsed yards from the tape. Their defeat to Worcestershire last week was eyecatching because of the opposition but when you throw in their second innings of 80 and you've got a concerned set of Lancashire supporters. Like Warwickshire, Lancashire have only won one of their last four when they edged past Worcestershire at Liverpool. Hampshire come here with no defeat in seven matches since the T20 break and they've won 3 of their last 4 which could've been all 4 but for the rain against Worcestershire. Imran Tahir has gone back to South Africa now but Danny Briggs is able to return to the side and with Hampshire's batting going as well as it has done at any stage this season and their bowlers giving Adams everything I'll take them to take the great escape down to the last week of the season. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Somerset 5/4 Sportingbet Yorkshire have had a poor season in this form of the game mainly down to not being able to put matches to bed. They've drawn the most matches of any side in the division but Somerset come into this match off the back of a very heavy defeat to Hampshire last week and possibly with one eye on the Champions League. There's still no Trescothick or Kieswetter for Somerset in this match and they are both massive losses. Charl Willoughby has been dropped too so there's a very young look about this Somerset side this week. In an ideal world Yorkshire would have Jacques Rudolph playing but they don't. Even so they went well with the bat against a decent enough bowling attack from Warwickshire last week and I don't see Somerset's bowlers being as good. Yorkshire's bowling attack is the key this week. They should have conditions to suit them. It will be absolutely stupid if Yorkshire haven't produced a guaranteed result wicket this week as they have to win to have any chance of staying up. With that in mind I'll take the chance that Sidebottom, Shahzad, Pyrah and Rashid have a week good enough to get rid of Somerset twice. And the final one from Division 2. 4pts Kent to beat Derbyshire Evs Bet365 Kent have got a few absentees this week but I've enough faith in them still especially at the even money. At one stage this season Derbyshire were teetering around a promotion chance but as the going has got tough they've got going. Downwards. Kent have never really got themselves in the mix in four day cricket because of various things - injuries, no money, focus elsewhere etc etc but they've made a bit of a late season push for a finish as high as they can get it. That good form has co-incided with Darren Stevens being able to bowl again and he could be the X-factor in this match. Kent are without Rob Key, James Tredwell and Martin van Jaarsveld this week but Derbyshire are without Chesney Hughes and Greg Smith so the losses even themselves out which means I'd rather have the form side on my side which has very much been Kent over the last 3-4 weeks.

Monday 12 September 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDurham v Worcestershire (10:30 BST)1.552.75100.88 %
maximize.gifHampshire v Warwickshire (10:30 BST)2.541.61101.27 %
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Sussex (10:30 BST)22100.00 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Lancashire (10:30 BST)2.251.8100.00 %
Monday 12 September 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Middlesex (10:30 BST) 3.75 1.29 104.19 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Gloucestershire (10:30 BST) 1.72 2.37 100.00 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Derbyshire (10:30 BST) 1.53 2.75 101.58 %
maximize.gifKent v Glamorgan (14:00 BST) 1.9 2.1 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Really unlucky to lose as much as I did last week with Hampshire so close to getting a draw. -6.30 overall now ahead of what promises to be a fantastic week of cricket. Hampshire vs Warwickshire is the TV game which should be a belter. 4 for me. TV game first. 3pts Hampshire to beat Warwickshire (with draw) 5/2 Stan James I'm prepared to include the draw here with both sides probably needing to win to achieve their goal. Certainly Hampshire do so I expect the wicket to yield a result and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns big with Warwickshire not having a solid spin option. Metters would be under a lot of pressure to win the title as a lone spinner whereas Briggs and Dawson could well bowl Hampshire to victory with Dimi's cutters. Last week's defeat was Hampshire's first in 8 and they came so close to saving that too. Warwickshire have played well all season but this is the ultimate pressure and there's enough sides ready to take advantage should they slip up. I expect a result here and with Warwickshire having half an eye elsewhere if this gets tight and trappy I think Hampshire, who beat Warwickshire at Edgbaston a few weeks ago, are good value to win and pull off the great escape. 2pts S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman (1st Inns Only) 7/1 Stan James Sean Ervine is in excellent form for Hampshire right now and what I like about him in this match is he will be given licence to play his shots as he along with Mascarenhas are the two men who can speed up the state of this game. Hampshire must win so if Ervine can get in and score he will give them more time to do that. Ervine comes in here off the back of a ton at Liverpool last week and he scored 63 in that match at Edgbaston so he's in good nick and good form and he'll definitely bat and could even go up the order with bonus points and time very much of the essence. 7/1 is a nice price which I'll take first time around. And now elsewhere... 5pts Lancashire to beat Somerset 4/5 Betfred Lancashire for me are in pole position to win the Championship, barring the weather which looks like it will be ok. Somerset are depleted without Trescothick and Kieswetter and Compton could be missing too. They are using the match to blood a few youngsters and protect key men for Saturday so Lancashire, who having won the most matches in the league probably deserve the title, have every chance here. Lancashire have all bases covered in their attack and although they are known to be bottlers I think they have enough in their batting line up to score well enough on this good wicket to get them over the line in this and the Championship race. 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Northants 11/8 Stan James If the race for the title in Division One is tight it's just as epic in this league too. Gloucestershire are very much in the hunt for 2nd place while Northants still hunt the title. It must be said though that Northants have run their race while Gloucestershire come into this having won their last two matches. Now it's all about holding their nerve. Surrey don't have a gimme against Derbyshire so a win here could easily see Gloucestershire up. Since Jack Brooks got injured Northants have really struggled and the injuries have bitten their batting line up too. A small squad couldn't cope with so many injuries at one time. Gloucestershire are at full strength, playing good cricket and have to win to have a chance of going up. Given the state of the form of the two sides Gloucestershire are an easy call to make here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 How Warwickshire never pushed for a result in the TV match I'll never know. They made a complete and utter pigs ear of that whole match and it cost me there. -5 for the week so I end the matches -11.30 overall which annoys me. I've had a fair bit of bad luck in a few matches this season and then when I needed the rain to stay away it didn't so that's disappointing. Thankfully it was a much better time on the outrights with 8/1 Middlesex, 16/1 Masters, 7/1 Zander de Bruyn and 6/1 McKenzie all obliging and but for injuries to Meaker, Brooks, Stoneman and Durham I might have had some joy out of them as well. Despite those injuries I picked up a 50pt profit on all the outrights I placed at the start of the season so my final total for the County Championship season is +38.70pts which I'm happy enough with overall as it assures me of a profit in all 3 domestic competitions this summer which is always my aim. Well done to everyone else who was in profit for the Championship season :clap:clap.

Thankfully it was a much better time on the outrights with 8/1 Middlesex, 16/1 Masters, 7/1 Zander de Bruyn and 6/1 McKenzie all obliging and but for injuries to Meaker, Brooks, Stoneman and Durham I might have had some joy out of them as well. Despite those injuries I picked up a 50pt profit on all the outrights I placed at the start of the season so my final total for the County Championship season is +38.70pts which I'm happy enough with overall as it assures me of a profit in all 3 domestic competitions this summer which is always my aim. Well done to everyone else who was in profit for the Championship season :clap:clap.
Quality on the outrights mate! Great knowledge and picks.