** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: County Championship 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Last two outrights for me for now. 2pts N.McKenzie Top Hampshire Season Batsman 6/1 William Hill Hampshire's batting line up has improved no end in recent seasons to the extent that 4 or 5 could feasibly win this but I'm going to go with Neil McKenzie here. Let's go through the dangers first. Jimmy Adams would rate as the main danger to McKenzie having top scored for the Royals in this division last season. However he's spent all winter playing cricket and in a forum last week Giles White said he will manage Adams' workload to begin with which could lead to him missing matches. There's also the chance of tiredness and England Lions call up's too. Michael Carberry would be another danger but he's out for a month at least recovering from a blood clot on his lungs so I'll pass him over. James Vince is one of the most talented batsmen I've ever seen in a Hampshire shirt but this season could be another of establishing himself as a real top level player. Sean Ervine can go well too but Neil McKenzie comes here off the back of a wonderful South African domestic season where he was the 2nd highest scorer in their first class competition despite only batting in 11 of a poosible 20 innings. We've seen in test cricket that McKenzie can really churn up the runs when he's in good nick and at 6/1 with doubts or possible question marks over most of his rivals I'll take the solid South African to top Hampshire's run charts this season. 1pt M.Stoneman Top Durham Season Batsman 10/1 Bet365 Mark Stoneman wouldn't go down as Durham's best batsman but I think he can enjoy a good season at the top of the Dynamos order. Obviously Michael di Venuto will be all the rage in this market and the likes of Stokes who is a fantastically talented youngster will also have his supporters but I like the idea of taking a Durham opener here for the simple reason that a middle order batsman for Durham may not get as many opportunities to bat as Durham's attack can bowl their opposition out for restricted scores. Di Venuto is the better of the two openers for sure but I'm not sure he's 5 times as good as at 10/1 which is a crazy price really I'll take a punt on the other Durham opener who I expect to have a good season.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Opening matches. Division 1

Friday 8 April 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifHampshire v Durham (11:00 BST)2.21.8101.01 %
maximize.gifLancashire v Sussex (11:00 BST)1.92.298.09 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Yorkshire (11:00 BST)2.51.57103.64 %
Division 2
Friday 8 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Essex v Kent (11:00 BST) 1.8 2.22 100.60 %
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Derbyshire (11:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Glamorgan (11:00 BST) 2.22 1.83 99.59 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST) 1.61 2.5 101.90 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 4 for me in total in the opening week. Should just mention for those new to CC betting that all my bets will be DNB unless I state differently. Div 1 in this post, Div 2 to follow. 4pts Sussex to beat Lancashire 6/5 Ladbrokes Sussex begin life in the top flight with a trip to Lancashire's new home at Liverpool and I think they'll go well in this match. In many ways it's a step into the unknown for Lancashire as well as Sussex with Liverpool their Championship home for the season. Sussex won division two at a canter last season and I think they are well prepared for a solid season. Lancashire on the other hand could struggle. Lancashire have named a 13 man squad for this match but there's no Farveez Maharoof with the Sri Lankan yet to arrive for the season. Jimmy Anderson has been rested by the ECB after a ridiculously heavy winter. Stephen Moore returns from the dislocated shoulder which meant he missed out the second half of last season. Chapple is named in the squad and skippers the side which to be is too light in the batting. Sussex will be without their England trio of Matt Prior, Luke Wright and Michael Yardy at the ECB's request and a couple of injury niggles. Rana Naved has arrived for the overseas duties though and Amjad Khan will make a debut having joined from Kent in the summer. Murray Goodwin will skipper the side in Yardy's absence. I think Sussex have the better side here. I certainly think in the likes of Goodwin, Nash, Joyce, Monty and Rana Naved that they have more match winners in their ranks. I think Rana Naved could go very well on this wicket. Lancashire's batting is a bit brittle for my liking and while there's nothing wrong with their bowling attack, if Sussex bowl first and go through the Lancs line up then the Red Rose bowling will be under pressure. I'll stick with the stronger XI here which is Sussex.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 4pts Essex to beat Kent 4/5 William Hill Last season's relegated sides from Division One do battle in the opening match in Division 2 here at Chelmsford. Both are expected to go well this season but Essex will want to kick their season off with a win in front of their own fans. Both have key players playing in what should be a good opening game of the season at this level. Essex are majorly boosted by the allowance to play of Ali Cook and Ravi Bopara who turned down his IPL deal to try and seal a test spot. In order to do that he'll have to score big runs. Owais Shah and Ryan ten Doeschate are at the IPL and Graham Napier is injured otherwise the Eagles are at full strength going into this one. Kent too are glad that James Tredwell has been made available but there's no Azhar Mahmood for this match. Dewald Nel and Matt Coles are also unavailable which has led Kent to go and sign Charlie Shreck from Notts on loan for a month. He's a good signing although he hasn't played much cricket recently having missed much of last season with injury. Neil Saker could make a surprising debut too. Essex are always a tough nut to crack in their own surroundings and I like them more with the injuries to an already weak Kent bowling attack. Kent have a top batting line up but Essex have the bowlers in the likes of Masters, Chambers and Wright to be able to go through them. Cook and Bopara are the undoubted class acts in this match and they can see Essex soar to an opening win. 5pts Derbyshire to beat Gloucestershire Evs Sportingbet The two sides expected to struggle in Division 2 this season take on each other in the opening round of matches at Bristol. Both sides have seen key personnel leave in the winter and will be looking to get off to a confidence boosting win with new personnel in their ranks in this match. It's too early to call it a battle for the wooden spoon but both sides could end up fighting for it come September. Gloucestershire have been forced into naming a very young side for this match, particularly in their bowling attack. In the batting lineup Kane Williamson and Hamish Marshall are still in New Zealand which means the Gladiators will rely heavily on Gidman, Taylor and Batty. Jon Lewis leads a very very young bowling attack. Aside from the main three with the bat it's a young batting line up too. Derbyshire lost key players in the winter but I do think in the likes of Madsen, Smith, Khawaja and Sutton that they have a capable batting line up. Redfern can score runs too. With the ball the Phantoms will hope Mark Turner can take advantage of the often bowler friendly conditions at Bristol this early in the season with Groenewald, Clare and Jones backing him up. Neither side are much cop but Derbyshire look a lot stronger than Gloucestershire going into this match, particularly if Khawaja adapts to conditions straight away. I think they have the better bowling attack which is always a good thing at Bristol and that attack can get through a youngish Gloucester line up and lead Derby to taking the points back to the East Midlands with them. 3pts Northants to beat Surrey 6/4 Sportingbet Both these sides come into the new season aiming to improve on last season and also look to push for promotion. Surrey will expect promotion having spent a lot of money on their squad but Northants are quietly confident and went on a winter tour for the first time in a while to show how serious they are this season. Surrey will be without Mark Ramprakash here. Chris Tremlett has been rested by the ECB and Jade Dernbach is injured, although the latter may be more of a help than a hindrance. Michael Brown returns to open the batting having missed most of last season while Tom Maynard, Yasir Arafat and Zander de Bruyn could make their debuts. Chris Jordan is in the bowling attack which is good news after all his injury problems. Northants have Chaminda Vaas in the country and ready to pick up the overseas duties. Luke Evans will miss out though through injury and Jack Brooks will sit this game out as a precaution. Stephen Peters leads a good batting line up which contains the likes of David Sales, Mal Loye and Niall O'Brien - all international cricketers. I can't help feeling that this Surrey price assumes Ramprakash, Tremlett and even Nel are playing. Mind you when most of the bookies had Afzaal down in the top Surrey season bat markets when he's no longer at the club that's probably an obvious statement to make. Northants come here with a more than competitive attack, a solid batting line up and an intention to make a real impression. Surrey are masters of flattering to deceive so I'll take the Steelbacks here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Great to see the return of the County Season & all the betting opportunities that come with it. Some great food for thought (as always) already posted. As a Durham man, I certainly hope the big 7pts win tip cops. The ingredients are all there - I have slight concerns about how united the squad is and whether Harmison is motivated enough to be at the top of his game. Somerset are clearly the biggest challenge, but whether there is any value left in their price now is open to question.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 I've concentrated my ante-post betting on the individual team markets which seem to me to have some amazing blunders in, so even allowing for hefty over-rounds there is value in the following: 4pts Top Middlesex bowler: T Murtagh 6/1 (VCbet) I really like Murtagh, and although its a strong old seam department at Middlesex, I cannot understand how Murtagh is twice the price of the other contenders. Surely if Finn takes wickets he will be back in the England line up for starters. Toby Roland-Jones finished the season strongly, but he will be looked after by Gus Fraser & I cant see him getting more than 35 wickets this year. How Anthony Ireland is shorter in the betting than Murtagh is a mystery. The big danger is new signing Corey Colleymore but at 6s Murtagh looks an absolutely blinding bet to me. 3pts Top Kent Batsman: M Van Jaarsveld 5/2 (Blue Sq/888) MVJ has been top Kent batsman the last 3 years, and was 2nd to an in-form Rob Key in 2007 in this market. Key had a poor year last year, as did Joe Denly. Geraint Jones has chances, but I guess Darren Stevens may be the biggest danger again. Overall though, 5/2 seems a great price in a market I was expecting no bigger than 7/4.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Couple for me to start the season. I also will be taking Draw no Bet throughout the tournament. 6pts Hampshire to beat Durham at 11/10 with Bet365 This one is priced up on Durham's reputation alone imo and I am happy to take that on. They travel to the Rose Bowl having named a squad minus Collingwood and Onions. 2 pretty big players to be missing, both with international experience. Add to that the lack of an overseas player and I think Durham are facing an uphill battle from the off. Hampshire are a side stacked with talent in both the batting and bowling departments. Their application is obviously questionable in this format, but I'm happy to chance them early in the season here. Simon Jones back is a huge plus, and he joins a bowling attack which contains Briggs, De Wet, and Cork. In the batting department Adams, McKenzie, Vince, Ervine, and Pothas are all more than capable of scoring runs. They appear to have a great number of higher quality players in their side today, and ultimately more matchwinners. Can't be having them as outsiders at home and will therefore take a strong play on them here. 4pts Sussex to beat Lancashire at evens with B365 Not much really to add to what Kev has already said. Lancashire are another side that I feel are priced on name alone. The batting lineup looks extremely brittle, and they will not be playing their home games at 'home' this year. A lot of uncertainty over the side/familiarity with home conditions etc, and a distinct lack of quality throughout. I really fancy Lancs to struggle this year so will probably be backing against them a fair bit. Sussex look to have some decent quality about them and some solid batting options with Goodwin, Joyce, Gatting, and Nash named in the squad. The bowling contains Panesar, Rana Naved, and Amjad Khan - decent enough to take wickets you would think. At the odds I am again happy to have a play on Sussex to win. 2pts double Hampshire x Sussex at 3.2/1 with Bet365 As above.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Division 1

Thursday 14 April 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Hampshire (11:00 BST)1.722.25102.34 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)1.533.1596.96 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Durham (11:00 BST)2.04299.02 %
Division 2
Thursday 14 April 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Leicestershire (11:00 BST)2.251.8398.99 %
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)1.832.12101.72 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Essex (11:00 BST)1.922.199.70 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Kent (11:00 BST)2.31.72101.37 %
Not the most brilliant start in this thread to the season but I'm sure that'll be turned around with this set of fixtures. Going with a small staked double. - 4pts Somerset (vs Wawrickshire) x Leicestershire (vs Derbyshire) @ 2.70 (via BlueSq) I think Somerset have the best team in the Division and actually think they'll win the CC this season. Alot has been said of Trescothick, Hildreth etc but they will be backed up by the very impressive Suppiah, Compton, Butler, Kieswetter and more. If they bat first, I can see pure runs coming their way at the very forgiving Taunton ground and they have the talent to take wickets with Hussain, Kirby, Dockrell etc in their ranks. I'm very confident Somerset will take all points in their first match this season against a fairly weak Wawrickshire side. Letting Tahir go is a big blow for them and with no Trott, Khan or Bell the batting looks on the thin side. Somerset all day for me. Leicestershire got off to a good start the other day whilst Derby fell to a heavy defeat against Gloucs. I firmly believe Gloucs are the worst team in the Division so if Derby are getting beaten by them, then shit ain't looking good for them at all. Their batting looks a bit touchy and their bowling lacks an out and out wicket taker. Leicestershire on the other hand look a very strong bet at 1.80. They had enough to see off Glamorgan in a low-scoring game the other day and have their best players in good nick. Hoggard and Cosker were among the wickets and Will Jeffersen was in the runs. Derbyshire again miss Khawaja tomorrow and I just think this one is going to be another defeat for midlands side.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 -13 after the first week where everything that could go wrong pretty much did although a few outrights began well. 3 for this week. 7pts Somerset 1st Inns Lead vs Warwickshire 8/13 Bet365 Short price this but it's fully justified. Somerset have a much better side than Warwickshire and I expect that to show. I'm going with them in the first innings though because I hate betting on matches at Taunton, having a load of wonga tied up and then the match ends a draw because they're playing on a road. To be fair that may not happen here with it being the first game of the season but I'm not giving Warwickshire 2 chances to nail me to the ground :lol. Warwickshire have some massive players missing in their batting line up. Jonathan Trott and Ian Bell have been rested by England and then Younis Khan has been called up to the Pakistan tour of the West Indies so he can't take the overseas duties until the twenty20. Mohammad Yousuf, his replacement, hasn't arrived yet. Add to that the fact that Neil Carter is injured which is big because he can score runs and take wickets with the new ball. Somerset have no such problems. Aside from Zander de Bruyn who has left they are as they were last season with Kieswetter going up to 5. This is a very strong Somerset batting line up and they got played into form last week with a couple of innings against Cardiff University at Taunton. With the ball they have Willoughby fit, Kirby and Hussain expected to debut and then the mystery of Ajantha Mendis ready to do his business. Without Trott and Bell last season Warwickshire only went past 300 in one innings in their last 5 matches and even though they've signed the likes of Porterfield it's going to take a lot more than him to bolster this batting line up without it's 3 main men. Somerset won both 1st innings matches against Warwickshire last season bowling Warks out for 127 and 140 in the first innings. Warwickshire were the worst side with the bat in the first innings last season and Somerset were the best. With the players on show here I expect that pattern to continue and think Somerset will lead at the halfway point of this one. 4pts Hampshire to beat Nottinghamshire 5/4 Boylesports Nottinghamshire begin the defence of their title in this match. They might come in a bit rusty too. I accept they played the MCC match but there's a world of difference between pink balls, a road and floodlights in the far east and Trent Bridge on an April morning with a red ball. Hampshire began their campaign last week with a draw against Durham. Nottinghamshire have problems with their bowling attack. They are literally down to the last few numbers. Darren Pattinson, Stuart Broad and Andy Carter have been ruled out by injury which has meant they have had to recall Charlie Shreck from his loan spell at Kent where he played against Essex last week without taking a wicket. With the bat it looks like Paul Franks will open. Former Hampshire player Adam Voges has the overseas duties. Hampshire will make one change from the side who drew with Durham last week. Simon Jones went lame and so he'll be replaced by either Chris Wood or David Griffiths. Michael Carberry and Imran Tahir remain on the sidelines with injury so Liam Dawson and Danny Briggs will continue to deputise. Dimitri Mascarenhas is still out so Dominic Cork will lead the Royals once more. Hampshire have a decent record at Trent Bridge. They won there by 2 wickets last season and I think they have the attack to go well against a potential brittle and certainly aging in certain areas Notts batting line up. This Notts bowling attack can still cause problems but most of Hampshire's main men with the bat spent time in the middle last week. Rustiness could take a day or two to shake off for the defending champions and Hampshire can take advantage and pick up the win here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 And the 3rd bet. 6pts Leicestershire to beat Derbyshire 5/6 Ladbrokes I like Leicestershire here. They opened their campaign with a win against a relatively strong albeit dogged by off field issues Glamorgan side last week while Derbyshire were getting flogged around Bristol in the battle of the weakest two sides in this division. The close proximity of these two sides geographically makes this an important match for both sides. Derbyshire's batting let them down big time against Gloucestershire last week and the bad news for them is that they face a stronger attack here. The other piece of bad news for them is that Usman Khawaja remains out of the side with a thigh injury and I'm hearing reports may not be available until the twenty20. Mark Turner was left out of the side last week and his extra pace will be welcome here if they actually decide to pick him. Around him though this Derbyshire attack is so similar it becomes routine to play against. Leicestershire have named the same squad as last week, not surprisingly. This time Paul Nixon looks like he'll play, as a batsman only, possibly in place of Jacques du Toit. James Taylor and Will Jefferson got some runs behind them last week. With the ball Matthew Hoggard began the season in fine form taking a hat trick last week while the spin pair of Claude Henderson and Jigar Naik were both in good form with bat and ball. I really worry for this Derbyshire batting line up. If Wayne Madsen does a no show, and let's face it he could easily have '2nd season syndrome', then they lack real substance to the batting. Greg Smith will score runs now and again but he'll take risks in doing it and it's just not a batting line up built for 4 day cricket. The bowling attack lacks variety and it lacks a quality spinner, or if last week's anything to go by, a spinner full stop. Leicestershire are well balanced with bat and ball and their attack is more than good enough to deal with this Derbyshire side and I think the Foxes will go 2 from 2 with a win at their local rivals.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Part of me still thinks that Marcus Trescothick fxcked us both over by putting Wawrickshire into bat first but all out for FIFTY in a County Championship match is a fxcking travesty. Unbelievable.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 I'm not sure Trescothick's decision was the problem. I understand had Troughton won the toss he'd have bowled too so that probably says something. Somerset have obviously played shite and if Rikki Clarke is taking 7 wickets in a match then you know you've got problems. Was a week where if it could go wrong it did go wrong really with dropped catches, missed stumpings and injuries in matches proving crucial but however it happened it's still a rotten start from me. -30 so far but hopefully the claw back can begin this week :hope.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011

Wednesday 20 April 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDurham v Sussex (11:00 BST)1.572.75100.00 %
maximize.gifLancashire v Somerset (11:00 BST)2.11.9100.00 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)2.751.53101.58 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)2.21.83100.00 %
Wednesday 20 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 2.5 1.67 99.88 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Surrey (11:00 BST) 2.37 1.72 100.00 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Essex (11:00 BST) 2 2.1 97.62 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 3 for me this week. Apologies for the short notice. Got back from York way too late to be bothered to go online. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Stan James I don't have a lot of faith in this Notts batting line up. They walloped Hampshire last week on a green wicket which was swinging like a boomerang, something Andre Adams took full advantage of. Had Hampshire not dropped Samit Patel 4 times it would've been a lot closer. Yorkshire lost to Durham last week but I don't think there's a lot wrong with that, most sides will do that but with Brophy already having a big ton to his name this season the Yorkshire top 6 all have runs in them then the likes of Rashid, Pyrah and Sidebottom can top up. Yorkshire have an attack to get through the Notts line up and on a good wicket for batting at Headlingley these days I think the Yorkie batsmen can lead them to a win. 4pts Glamorgan to beat Surrey 11/8 VC Glamorgan picked up a good win last week and have added Robert Croft to their squad this week. James Harris is in good nick with the ball which is handy while Cosker and Croft have to go well on a dry wicket in this gorgeous weather. Surrey still have no Ramprakash which makes their batting look light and no Tremlett which does their bowling no favours. Dernbach returns to their squad for this match. We'll see on Saturday if that's a good thing or not. I don't think Glamorgan will be far away when all is said and done this season and I think these odds are big on a side who should be pushing for promotion. They played well last week and can win this week too. 4pts Northants to beat Essex Evs Blue Square Northants have gone really well this season unlike Essex who've suffered two pretty heavy losses. Northants are batting a long way down this year with Middlebrook having a ton and an 80 to his name at 8 and Vaas with test match 50's to his name at 9. It's their bowling attack I like though. Vaas will take wickets wherever he goes in county cricket and Jack Brooks is excitingly quick. With Daggett bowling well and Hall backing them up that's a good attack. Tsotsobe begins his overseas stint for Essex in this match but he only arrived yesterday so could be rusty. Cook and Bopara could do with some runs as could most of their team mates to be fair. The cricket Northants have played this season - a draw at Surrey which they controlled for 50% of the game and an emphatic thrashing of a Kent side who beat Essex in week 1 - suggests they should be favourites for this match. I agree. Blue Square doesn't so I'll happily take the evens here. Almost took Somerset up at Liverpool but I'll wait until they put some runs together first.

3 for me this week. Apologies for the short notice. Got back from York way too late to be bothered to go online. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Stan James I don't have a lot of faith in this Notts batting line up. They walloped Hampshire last week on a green wicket which was swinging like a boomerang, something Andre Adams took full advantage of. Had Hampshire not dropped Samit Patel 4 times it would've been a lot closer. Yorkshire lost to Durham last week but I don't think there's a lot wrong with that, most sides will do that but with Brophy already having a big ton to his name this season the Yorkshire top 6 all have runs in them then the likes of Rashid, Pyrah and Sidebottom can top up. Yorkshire have an attack to get through the Notts line up and on a good wicket for batting at Headlingley these days I think the Yorkie batsmen can lead them to a win. 4pts Glamorgan to beat Surrey 11/8 VC Glamorgan picked up a good win last week and have added Robert Croft to their squad this week. James Harris is in good nick with the ball which is handy while Cosker and Croft have to go well on a dry wicket in this gorgeous weather. Surrey still have no Ramprakash which makes their batting look light and no Tremlett which does their bowling no favours. Dernbach returns to their squad for this match. We'll see on Saturday if that's a good thing or not. I don't think Glamorgan will be far away when all is said and done this season and I think these odds are big on a side who should be pushing for promotion. They played well last week and can win this week too. 4pts Northants to beat Essex Evs Blue Square Northants have gone really well this season unlike Essex who've suffered two pretty heavy losses. Northants are batting a long way down this year with Middlebrook having a ton and an 80 to his name at 8 and Vaas with test match 50's to his name at 9. It's their bowling attack I like though. Vaas will take wickets wherever he goes in county cricket and Jack Brooks is excitingly quick. With Daggett bowling well and Hall backing them up that's a good attack. Tsotsobe begins his overseas stint for Essex in this match but he only arrived yesterday so could be rusty. Cook and Bopara could do with some runs as could most of their team mates to be fair. The cricket Northants have played this season - a draw at Surrey which they controlled for 50% of the game and an emphatic thrashing of a Kent side who beat Essex in week 1 - suggests they should be favourites for this match. I agree. Blue Square doesn't so I'll happily take the evens here. Almost took Somerset up at Liverpool but I'll wait until they put some runs together first.
Missed these before the off = nailed on winners!

Tuesday 26 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Warwickshire (11:00 BST) 1.63 2.37 103.45 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST) 1.4 3.75 98.10 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 2.2 1.83 100.10 %
Wednesday 27 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Hampshire v Somerset (11:00 BST) 2.2 1.84 99.80 %
Tuesday 26 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Essex v Glamorgan (11:00 BST) 1.74 2.3 100.95 %
maximize.gif Kent v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST) 1.68 2.37 101.63 %
Wednesday 27 April 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Derbyshire (11:00 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
maximize.gif Middlesex v Surrey (11:00 BST) 1.84 2.2 99.80 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Finally got something going in the CB40 so it's time to arrest the slump in this competition. 2 for me in the Tuesday starting games. Those of you who use oddschecker should note that http://www.odds-comparison.co.uk/ is correct about Durham starting on Tuesday not Wednesday as stated elsewhere. 4pts Sussex to beat Lancashire 6/5 Sportingbet I took this bet on the opening week of the season and after a good first day it went tits up quickly but I still maintain that Lancashire are a genuine batsman light although I also accept Farveez Maharoof strengthens their lower order. There's no Tom Smith for the unbeaten Red Rose side here and that could be crucial. In Lancashire's two innings in this comp so far he's made 50's in both and taken 2 wickets in 3 of their 4 bowling innings. Sussex are able to welcome Luke Wright back here so it's just Michael Yardy and Matt Prior out for them now. Their batting all got some runs at Durham which isn't an easy place to bat so that will be a boost for a bowling attack which plays it's own conditions well. Monty has begun the season well which is another boost. Sussex lost by an innings at Liverpool 3 weeks ago but can answer back with a win here. 5pts Glamorgan to beat Essex 13/10 Blue Square Essex remain winless this season so this looks a big enough price on a Glamorgan side who have the tools to go well at Chelmsford. Sure it's April but the wickets will turn at some point over 4 days with the weather we've had over the last 2-3 weeks. Essex have had to leave their top wicket taker so far in Reece Topley out of this match as he's gone back to school now. Ali Cook and Ravi Bopara both play though. Glamorgan have Croft and Cosker around for when this wicket turns and if they can bring in Jim Allenby then he's got the all round skills to strengthen both batting and bowling elements of this side. Glamorgan drew with Surrey last week on a Sophia Gardens featherbed but I think they have the bowling attack particularly but also the batting line up to force their 2nd win of the season having beaten Gloucestershire this term already.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Two more for this week for now. 5pts Middlesex to beat Surrey 5/6 Totesport I'm hoping to get to this match for a day this week and I'm hoping I'll see a convincing Middlesex win like the last time these two met at Lords. Middlesex were really struggling last year but a much stronger Surrey side than will take the field here were beaten by an innings with Ramprakash in their side and Tremlett handy with bat and ball. Neither are playing in this match. It's a bit of a blow that Gareth Berg isn't playing for Middlesex and I never thought I'd say that a couple of years ago but he's turned himself into a really good all round cricketer. However I just feel this Middlesex attack, led by Finn and Collymore will be too good for Surrey here. Surrey have Meaker in top form but none of their other bowlers are going that well and they haven't taken 20 wickets this season yet. Middlesex bat a long way down now with Finn suddenly capable of holding the bat at 10 but Murtagh a genuinely competent batsman above him. Middlesex were my ante-post pick for this division and they haven't let me down so far so I'm sticking with the pink men to win this local derby at HQ. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Leicestershire 6/5 Stan James I always feel sick whenever I back Derbyshire and have to close my eyes when I press the confirm bet button and hope I miss but I'm quite bullish about them here. That probably sounds stupid given I've just taken Holland to beat them but there was no Khawaja in that match and a couple of bowlers were rested too. Derbyshire have already thrashed Leicestershire by an innings this season and with Madsen making runs against the Dutch and Khawaja waiting to kick into form I think the will score runs even with this Grace Road wicket not the easiest to bat on. I've no concerns with Derbyshire with the ball especially if Turner's pace is included. Azeem Rafiq has given Derbyshire a spin option they've been badly lacking too. My concern for Leicestershire is their batting. They are yet to go past 245 in the Championship this season and but for Claude Henderson they'd have been bowled out for around 150 in both their first innings so far. To me they look to be missing Jefferson and Boyce badly. Both could play here but reading between the lines neither will be fully fit. Greg Smith is another huge loss and if Taylor goes cheaply this batting line up has a domino look about it. Hoggard leads a good bowling attack but if the Foxes batsmen don't put the runs up Derby will be good value to win this.

Wednesday 4 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Hampshire v Sussex (11:00 BST) 1.9 2.2 97.84 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) 1.66 2.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Worcestershire (11:00 BST) 1.4 3.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 1.91 2.1 99.98 %
Wednesday 4 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 2.37 1.72 100.00 %
maximize.gif Kent v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST) 1.9 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Leicestershire (11:00 BST) 1.57 2.75 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 A small loss last week after I get 360 chased down against me having failed to chase 145 the week before :wall. -33.83 overall but sometime soon the luck has to turn around. An early one for tomorrow. 5pts Nottinghamshire to beat Yorkshire 8/11 Totesport Nottinghamshire come into this match top of the table and with Durham not playing this week it's a good chance for them to extend their lead over them. Yorkshire are fixed in mid table a win for them would move them up into the mix but the collapse against Nottinghamshire will be tough to put out of their mind even if they do have the benefit of knowing they won this fixture last year. All of the Notts bowling line up are in the wickets and Andre Adams has been well rested so he'll be fired up for this one and he has 19 wickets this season already. Alex Hales is in fine form with the bat having hit 80 in both innings against Yorkshire in their first match and followed that up with a ton at Chelmsford on Sunday. Mark Wagh and Ali Brown return to bolster up the batting. Yorkshire come into this match without Anthony McGrath who leaves a big hole in an already stretched batting line up. Joe Sayers will replace him but he didn't look in particularly good nick on the box yesterday. Ajmal Shahzad is in the squad but Tim Bresnan isn't getting a game until the CB40 match at the weekend. I don't rate either batting line up's in truth but at least the main players for Notts scored a few at Chelmsford on Sunday. Trent Bridge and all it's early season swing isn't the place for an out of form batting line up to click into gear with comfort. Both attacks look like they'll go well in the conditions but Notts with the more confident batting line up and home conditions can win this one.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 2 more for me this week. One in each division. Division one first. 3pts Lancashire to beat Warwickshire 10/11 Sportingbet For me this is the match of the week in this round. Both sides have won two of their opening three matches and both are likely to go into 2nd with a win here so it's a fairly big game for both teams. England players return for both this week too so I expect a good game of cricket. Lancashire could have something over Warwickshire though having beaten them twice last season. Warwickshire have Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott back this week but we've seen with the likes of Cook and Bopara that getting straight back into the swing of things isn't necessarily easy so it's not set in stone they will score runs. Warwickshire do have the knowledge that Varun Chopra and Mohammad Yousuf are in good nick with the bat though. It's with the ball I have my concerns over Warwickshire. Neil Carter and Ant Botha are out so Woakes is leading a bit of a solo effort with the ball in the main. Lancashire have Jimmy Anderson back with them this week and I'm sure he'll be keen to get straight back among the wickets with Steven Finn having started the season well. Mark Chilton and Glen Chapple also return having sat out the CB40 loss at Essex on Monday. Farveez Maharoof is in the squad despite his Sri Lanka call up but Tom Smith misses out again with injury. Both matches Lancashire won between these two last season saw Bell and Trott playing for Warwickshire so that's a reason to avoid being scared that they are back. I think Lancashire, who've only batted once in all three matches so far and were one Sussex wicket away from 3 successive innings wins, have good depth to their batting and a very potent bowling attack and if the new pavilion at Edgbaston offers more movement to the bowlers that can play into Lancashire's hands here. 6pts Northamptonshire to beat Kent Evs Stan James These two sides have begun the season very differently. Northants are yet to lose a game this season while Kent had only won one match all season until they beat Middlesex in the CB40 on Monday. These two have already met in the Championship this season with Northants walloping Kent by an innings at Wantage Road. Since then Kent have lost Joe Denly with the bat and Robbie Joseph with the ball and with Azhar Mahmood not named in this side nor Simon Cook, this looks a very very young bowling attack for a 4 day match. Darren Stevens looks likely to open the bowling but who his new ball partner will be is anyone's idea. Sam Northeast looks set to open a batting line up very much weakened by Denly's absence. Northants haven't got any problems like that. In fact with Jack Brooks fit again they are at full strength. Stephen Peters and Mal Loye will continue their opening partnership while Rob White, Alex Wakely and David Sales will form the middle order before a strong lower order of Hall, O'Brien, Middlebrook and Vaas who've all scored a big knock this season already. Vaas and Brooks are a good new ball combination and with Hall and Middlebrook bowling well Northants are in a nice place here. We've got one of my favourite bets here because the prices are solely based on reputation. Given the depth of Northants' batting and the flat nature of the wicket if Sunday's CB40 match here was anything to go by then I think this young Kent attack will struggle to take 20 wickets. Get past Key, van Jaarsveld and Stevens and Northants are through this Kent line up. I can't believe we're getting even money here but I'll gladly snap it up.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 I think we can safely say Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire is going to be a draw so with that in mind and with the other two winning safely it's my first winning week of the four day season. +8.73pts for the week and back to -25.1 overall for the season. There's a TV game among the fixtures next week so hopefully we can continue to claw that defecit back.

Tuesday 10 May 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDurham v Somerset (11:00 BST)1.912102.36 %
maximize.gifSussex v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)2.51.7297.89 %
Wednesday 11 May 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)1.532.87100.00 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Hampshire (11:00 BST)1.722.4299.22 %
Tuesday 10 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Essex (11:00 BST) 2.37 1.67 101.99 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Kent (11:00 BST) 1.91 2.2 97.81 %
Wednesday 11 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST) 2.1 1.9 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 3 for me in Tuesday's matches. Sussex vs Notts is live on Sky :ok. I've got one there and 2 elsewhere. Will do the TV game first. 4pts E.Joyce (-0.5 runs) to beat M.Wagh (1st Inns Only) 5/6 Ladbrokes I'm surprised this handicap is as low as it is. Mark Wagh has only gone past 20 in one innings in Nottinghamshire's first four matches and that was in an innings where Yorkshire were throwing balls down to get their over rate up. Prior to that knock, in the seven other innings he hasn't gone past 20 at all. Contrast that to Ed Joyce who has hit tons in his last two Championship matches and also has an 80 on a tricky wicket at Liverpool in the opening week. I accept Joyce will be facing a better attack but he's a quality international cricketer. Age appears to be catching up with Wagh now and on current form I don't see him beating Ed Joyce in the first innings here. 4pts Durham to beat Somerset 10/11 Sportingbet These two sides have started the season fairly well and they'll be looking to build on their 3rd and 4th placed positions in the league table this week, especially with leaders Lancashire not playing. Durham have two wins and a draw from four matches while Somerset have won their last two having previously lost their opening two and lost them by huge margins too. Durham have a settled side here and a consistent one too. Paul Collingwood isn't too far from returning but he sits out this week as does Mark Stoneman and Liam Plunkett. Stephen Harmison isn't risked either but Graham Onions does play while Michael di Venuto also comes back into the side after missing a CB40 match resting a knock. Raul Braithwaite and Callum Thorp parter Onions in the seam attack with Blackwell and Borthwick providing spin options. Somerset have won their last two matches but neither have been convincing and they've still only passed 310 once in their four Championship matches so far and that was on a Rose Bowl wicket which hasn't produced a result yet this season it's that good to bat on. Being bowled out for 185 by Worcester last week doesn't bode well either and we all remember them being skittled for 50 in their opening match. Ajantha Mendis is rested for this match but Gemaal Hussain returns from the CB40 wilderness. I just think Durham are more reliable with the bat here. They have a more potent bowling attack still but it's not as clear cut as it was in previous seasons with the likes of Steve Kirby in the Somerset attack. It must be said that it is in the main a Somerset attack which is still missing Alfonso Thomas. Harmison's a big miss for Durham but they won against Warwickshire last time without him and bowled out an in form batting line up for 137 in the process. Somerset aren't batting too well and I think Durham can roll them over and win this. 5pts Glamorgan to beat Kent 10/11 Skybet Sixth play bottom at the Swalec this week and both will be looking to pick up a win to relaunch a promotion tilt after a struggling start to the season for both. Kent beat Essex on the opening week of the season but haven't won since while Glamorgan beat high flying Gloucestershire a week later but also haven't won since. They battled hard for a draw with Surrey though. Glamorgan have no new injury concerns coming in here and having struggled with the bat early in the season the signs are there in the recent CB40 matches that they are getting down to business with the willow. That's a good thing because in the likes of Harris and Cosker they have wicket takers in this format. James Allenby is in the squad and could be selected if he is fit to bowl. Kent continue to be hampered by injuries. There's still no Joe Denly or Robbie Joseph and Simon Cook hasn't been named in their squad. Azhar Mahmood is back to playing only one day cricket so this is a very young Kent attack again and one which could be led by Darren Stevens. Kent continue to bat awfully. They've only passed 300 once and that was down to a superb 143 from Darren Stevens. Glamorgan just look the better balanced side to me. It's hard for youngsters to perform without senior support especially with the ball and especially against test cricketers like Alviro Petersen who is coming into form for the Dragons now. With the bat Glamorgan match up to Kent if not marginally shade it in Denly's absence. With the ball they swamp them so it's the Welsh side for me.